Discussion - August vs. Fairy Tail | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion August vs. Fairy Tail

Who would win?

• Total voters

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Wtf where is the wank? Ya'll call wank on literally anything. Like use your eyes and read. Ain't that difficult. More like extreme downplay.
Every time you said August can take on the entirety of FT when in reality he didn't even beat two members.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Every time you said August can take on the entirety of FT when in reality he didn't even beat two members.
Ok, using that logic, Acnologia can't solo FT because he didn't kill a single member of FT.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Ok, using that logic, Acnologia can't solo FT because he didn't kill a single member of FT.
Acno has the feat of breaking Fairy Sphere and requiring the power of the entire continent to be beaten. What's August got?

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Acno has the feat of breaking Fairy Sphere and requiring the power of the entire continent to be beaten. What's August got?
Ok. I concede

Fyron

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Wait a sec , using Fairy Sphere by transferring power is allowed ? I take my vote back , FT wins , they just need to keep him occupied for Lucy to cast FS and trap him inside of it and it's game over.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
My problem with the argument for August here is that his win condition is reliant on stuff that we've never seen him do. Or really anyone do. If he fights the guild the exact same way he fought Gildarts and Cana, that will give the rest of the characters ample time to set up stuff like Fairy Sphere.

IT worked on Acno by gathering magic from the entire continent. This is just gathering magic from guild, in which case I think August copies.
Yes, but August is not Acnologia. It may take an entire continent to seal Acnologia, but it should take considerably less to seal August.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
My problem with the argument for August here is that his win condition is reliant on stuff that we've never seen him do. Or really anyone do. If he fights the guild the exact same way he fought Gildarts and Cana, that will give the rest of the characters ample time to set up stuff like Fairy Sphere.

Yes, but August is not Acnologia. It may take an entire continent to seal Acnologia, but it should take considerably less to seal August.
No PIS and CIS in "what if" battles.

Even by feats SHOWN to us, August is immune to all magic because :
- copy = immunity to caster magic
- refraction = immunity to non organic attacks

August speed boosts:
- meteor
- racer's magic
In the hypothetical battle with FT, he copies Jet's magic as well.
August by himself in base - faster than Gildarts. Now combine these three, and he becomes so fast that none of the mages in FT would even comprehend what hit them. He blitz and end the battle before they even know what happened.
On top of that, he has Cobra's sound magic, which means he cannot ever be caught off guard.

Now, onto stuff August has not shown........we can say that August also has all Spriggan's abilities as well (except maybe Bradman, Wahl and Serena). This means he can just use any of their hax to instantly one shot all of FT

FT doesn't have any chance at all.

Onto getting sealed by Fairy Sphere. August's magic power is possibly around the magic power of all of FT mages put together, which means he can simply nullify it. Even otherwise, you think he's going to give them the time to buildup the sphere?

sharkai

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
i really hate vs matches like this
where august is given feats which he doesnt have. sadly same isnt done for irene

so technically speaking with all their abilities as they have been explained to us
August maybe can solo Fairy tail (no pof)
and
irene maybe can solo fairy tail (no pof)

but if we go by what was shown, they cant
august was getting damaged by cana cards, he bested gildarts twice in physical and gildarts bested him once.
august speed isnt something to write home about. as far as i believe
speed: laxus >august >= gildarts

so gildarts + cana + bisca + wendy will keep august busy. rest can sit around and decide on how to put august down since no one really has the power to put him down in one strike (natsu and erza dont have pof so they are below gildart attack power) but some hits from enhanced erza and gildarts should do the trick. and we still have physical beasts like natsu, laxus, mira, gray and gajeel to pound august into a nice pulp.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
i really hate vs matches like this
where august is given feats which he doesnt have. sadly same isnt done for irene

so technically speaking with all their abilities as they have been explained to us
August maybe can solo Fairy tail (no pof)
and
irene maybe can solo fairy tail (no pof)

but if we go by what was shown, they cant
august was getting damaged by cana cards, he bested gildarts twice in physical and gildarts bested him once.
august speed isnt something to write home about. as far as i believe
speed: laxus >august >= gildarts

so gildarts + cana + bisca + wendy will keep august busy. rest can sit around and decide on how to put august down since no one really has the power to put him down in one strike (natsu and erza dont have pof so they are below gildart attack power) but some hits from enhanced erza and gildarts should do the trick. and we still have physical beasts like natsu, laxus, mira, gray and gajeel to pound august into a nice pulp.
I'd like to point out that it's his base though (Laxus > Gildarts/August in speed? based on what?)
Now combine that with: meteor, racer's magic and Jet's magic (which he will copy in the hypothetical battle). Nobody would even be able to perceive his motions.

Below are his SHOWN feats (in bold):

Even by feats SHOWN to us, August is immune to all magic because :
- copy = immunity to caster magic
- refraction = immunity to non organic attacks

August speed boosts:
- meteor
- racer's magic
In the hypothetical battle with FT, he copies Jet's magic as well.
August by himself in base - faster than Gildarts. Now combine these three, and he becomes so fast that none of the mages in FT would even comprehend what hit them. He blitz and end the battle before they even know what happened.
On top of that, he has Cobra's sound magic, which means he cannot ever be caught off guard.

Now, onto stuff August has not shown........we can say that August also has all Spriggan's abilities as well (except maybe Bradman, Wahl and Serena). This means he can just use any of their hax to instantly one shot all of FT

FT doesn't have any chance at all.

Onto getting sealed by Fairy Sphere. August's magic power is possibly around the magic power of all of FT mages put together, which means he can simply nullify it. Even otherwise, you think he's going to give them the time to buildup the sphere?
Eileen can't solo though, Erza and Wendy took her to the brink, and currently they're much stronger. Add in entire FT, she gets wrecked hard.

Against August, literally everyone in the guild except Cana, Erza and Lucy are useless. Cana and Lucy are fodder anyway, and gets one shot if no PIS and CIS

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd like to point out that it's his base though (Laxus > Gildarts/August in speed? based on what?)
Now combine that with: meteor, racer's magic and Jet's magic (which he will copy in the hypothetical battle). Nobody would even be able to perceive his motions.

Below are his SHOWN feats (in bold):
refraction, not shown against cana or gildarts. so i am not taking that into account
i consider some mages, who has speed based magic to be faster than those who dont. laxus is a speedstr, gildarts isnt. so that is why i believe laxus speed is above gildarts
gildarts could somewhat keep up with august sooo, i mean august could have slowed down gildarts with racer magic and speed himself up with meteor but he didnt. and that is how i am looking at this fight

theoretically what we know of august, he should be able to take fairy tail, but he hasnt shown anything near that (that is just mishma fault, nothing wrong with your reasoning at all)

same happens with irene (august committed suicide ). theoretically no one is fairy tail can hurt her. but mishma fuked that up too

o and i am only talki about alverzec fairy tail

Last edited:

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
refraction, not shown against cana or gildarts. so i am not taking that into account
i consider some mages, who has speed based magic to be faster than those who dont. laxus is a speedstr, gildarts isnt. so that is why i believe laxus speed is above gildarts
gildarts could somewhat keep up with august sooo, i mean august could have slowed down gildarts with racer magic and speed himself up with meteor but he didnt. and that is how i am looking at this fight

theoretically what we know of august, he should be able to take fairy tail, but he hasnt shown anything near that (that is just mishma fault, nothing wrong with your reasoning at all)

same happens with irene (august committed suicide ). theoretically no one is fairy tail can hurt her. but mishma fuked that up too

o and i am only talki about alverzec fairy tail
Mostly agree.

On the bolded part:
We don't consider PIS and CIS in hypothetical battles. OR else it kinda becomes pointless

Why tho? We did see that she was pushed to her limits by Erza and Wendy. August on the other hand, completely tanked Gildarts strongest attack he wasn't immune to
Eileen is pretty haxy, but it isn't something as broken as immunity to practically all magic. The reason August can't mostly be damaged is because of his hax.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Mira still being able to fight is a good shout, curses on top of physical power. Her, Erza and Gildarts should be able to take August handily, especially with Wendy buffing them.

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mostly agree.

On the bolded part:
We don't consider PIS and CIS in hypothetical battles. OR else it kinda becomes pointless

Why tho? We did see that she was pushed to her limits by Erza and Wendy. August on the other hand, completely tanked Gildarts strongest attack he wasn't immune to
Eileen is pretty haxy, but it isn't something as broken as immunity to practically all magic. The reason August can't mostly be damaged is because of his hax.
Because we dont know its pis or cis. Why didnt he use refractor, does august lose the copied magic. That is a possibility. Why didnt he use time stop. The problem is he doesnt have feats

august was damaged enough he had to commit suicide. That means he was also pushed to.the limits

Irene is too powerful, a single dragon swipe is above anything non pof fairy tail has. Deus sema is even higher
O i think we already talked about this, what stopping irene from turning everyone into a rat. Its same for august

Till we see august actually doing something. Him getting stalemated by gildarts and cana js all we have

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I don't really consider the amount of time Gildarts and Cana were able to keep August occupied as PIS or CIS. You can argue that August stopping Ars Magia when he saw magic was PIS/CIS, but GIldarts and Cana being able to fight August for as long as they did is simply a result of August using the attacks that he did and Gildarts being as durable as he is.

Fairy Sphere is a magic that converts their bonds and emotions into magic power though. Even Mavis cannot cast the spell on her own without the Fairy Tail guild members linking hands. It's one of the few things that can bypass Acnologia's immunity to magic, so I consider it to be pretty special. I don't think August is going to be able to stop Fairy Sphere from being cast with people like Natsu, Gildarts, Laxus, Erza, Gray, Gajeel, and Mirajane all piling on him. Even if he kicks them around, they're still going to be able to stall him.

They don't really have to even seal August with Fairy Sphere. If they're able to bait August into using Ars Magia, they can simply survive the spell by using Fairy Sphere regularly. Sure they might lose 7 years, but August would have off'ed himself.

Vis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If Erza's sword rain can affect Acnologia, I don't see why it wouldn't work on August, which would damage him at the very least. Gildarts or Laxus really just needs to stall him for like a second.

Every single argument for August here seems to be of the theoretical approach of what he can do rather than what he actually proved capable of doing. This is really no different than arguing Mirajane will cast Absorption and use the Sensation Curse to kill Wraith or whatnot.

Fyron

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India
August breaking the Fairy Sphere is absolutely laughable . It only required the combined power of 7 Dragon Slayers to oneshot Acnologia's soul , and the combined MP of the guild > combined MP of 7 DS. There's no human out there who can break the Fairy Sphere with his/her own power.

August loses both rounds . Now that I think about it , he didn't dodge Gildarts' attack even if he could have , he's gonna try to tank Natsu's attack too. August doesn't even have feats of nullifying this :

This was the attack which immobilized Natsu in one shot. And Natsu upon entering DF broke out of it. August doesn't even have feats of nullifying/copying an attack of this caliber , let alone the PoF induced FDK Demolition Fist which completely knocked him out of Dragon Force and left him exhausted. Suggesting August can nullify this attack is getting into the NLF territory. Might as well say Dimaria and Brandish solo everyone then , why does only August get the benefit of doubt ?

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Ik some people might feel like I betrayed them so here is a hug :hug

there is, like, no way August is soloing the entire FT guild.

I won't really give August powers he doesn't have so speculating that he has time stop or something else is out of the question IMO.

I'll use whatever he has now.

all you need to do is send Gildarts, Cana and Lucy at him who can use their magic via magical items.

Gildarts can hold off August like he did before.

since August hasn't shown any great piercing resistance, Erza would just slash him bad with her OP swords (not normal butter knife like what Brandish used) in the middle of his fight with Gildarts.

btw, August can't copy multiple magics at once (like 20 in this case LMAO).

he only copies one at the time so if everyone cast their attacks at the same time, he'll nullify only one.

plus, there is no restriction on PoF and Makarov is killed so FT gets 100% increased damage and this is not a joke.

second round, Natsu wins.

peak PoF Natsu burned away Fairy Heart and hit Zeref so hard he couldn't even regenerate properly.

FH >>>>> August
FH Zeref (should be) >>>> August

his nullification won't help him here.

maybe I hate August too much or my different perspective on FT (I even reread some parts of the last 3 arcs of the original manga) is affecting me.

most likely the latter.

Last edited:

kian

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Ik some people might feel like I betrayed them so here is a hug :hug

there is, like, no way August is soloing the entire FT guild.

I won't really give August powers he doesn't have so speculating that he has time stop or something else is out of the question IMO.

I'll use whatever he has now.

all you need to do is send Gildarts, Cana and Lucy at him who can use their magic via magical items.

Gildarts can hold off August like he did before.

since August hasn't shown any great piercing resistance, Erza would just slash him bad with her OP swords (not normal knife sword like what Brandish used) in the middle of his fight with Gildarts.

btw, August can't copy multiple magics at once (like 20 in this case LMAO).

he only copies one at the time so if everyone cast their attacks at the same time, he'll nullify only one.

plus, there is no restriction on PoF and Makarov is killed so FT gets 100% increased damage and this is not a joke.

second round, Natsu wins.

peak PoF Natsu burned away Fairy Heart and hit Zeref so hard he couldn't even regenerate properly.

FH >>>>> August
FH Zeref (should be) >>>> August

his nullification won't help him here.

maybe I hate August too much or my different perspective I took to read FT (I even reread some parts of the last 3 arcs of the original manga) is affecting me.

most likely the latter.
Send all the physical combat hitters, wail on him till he surrenders :yodawg

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
since August hasn't shown any great piercing resistance, Erza would just slash him bad with her OP swords (not normal knife sword like what Brandish used) in the middle of his fight with Gildarts.
August let us down. He has been an utter disappointment just like his loser parents. When Jacob took country buster base punches from Natsu(which even Zeref had trouble) and Lucy Kicks like a champ, Loser gets pierced by a fodder knife.

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
August let us down. He has been an utter disappointment just like his loser parents. When Jacob took country buster base punches from Natsu(which even Zeref had trouble) and Lucy Kicks like a champ, Loser gets pierced by a fodder knife.
I was hyped about August.

like, I thought dude actually traveled the world and was learning magic through hard way.

turns out he was just born with huge power because he is the son of... I cannot bring myself to speak their name because its disturbing :darn:darn:darn

Last edited: