Fantasy - August vs Irene | Page 25 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy August vs Irene

Who wins?

• Total voters

Tirl

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
He can't copy the magic of things she enchants
He can copy Irene's magic and disenchant her enchants. He literally can cancel any magic stuff she could use.
But still I think she wins cuz she can do almost the same things with her magic.
It is like Thanos vs Strange xd

AWater22

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Check the chapter of Gildarts vs August.
The chapter starts off saying "strongest of FT vs strongest of Spriggans" or something

August copies the magic used by others.
He copied fire DS magic from Natsu, Melt was literally shown as proof of panels of August copying magic he sees.
Anyways, DS magic and enchantments are not from tools, tool magic are the only magic August can't copy. Not sure why this is so confusing
It says The Strongest Wizard. That doesn't exactly refer to August.

How is that proof that he copied Natsu's magic? He hasn't even seen Natsu's magic yet.
DS magic can be only granted if you:
1) A dragon teaching it to you
2) A dragon lacrima being implanted in you
3) Both of the above
4) Being created by a dragon lacrima
5) Eating a dragon
Plus, if he did copy DS magic he would have a dragon seed inside him and Acnologia would have tried to kill him along with God Serana.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

He can copy Irene's magic and disenchant her enchants. He literally can cancel any magic stuff she could use.
But still I think she wins cuz she can do almost the same things with her magic.
It is like Thanos vs Strange xd
You can't disenchant personalities unless you use a separation enchantment or defeating them and Irene is able to cancel enchantments. August will definitely defeat them, they just have to stall him until Irene can use some sort of modified Universe one on him.
It sort of is. Strange doesn't have Irene's power though.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
You can't disenchant personalities
Any proof? It is enchantment as everything else, nothing special.
Plus, if he did copy DS magic he would have a dragon seed inside him
You don't understand how copy magic works. August doesn't use copied magic, he uses his copy magic to recreate other magic. He doesn't have a seed cuz he doesn't have DS magic inside him, he just create it with his own copy magic.
For example, you can't use Fairy Glitter without grant from Mavis (I assume), but August still was able to cancel it's effect. Did he get tattoo? I don't think so xd.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
By portrayal, August and Eileen were even. Both can do nearly all things with their Magic. They both have the ultimate Hax in the verse.
Still, Eileen puts a win here just like Selene puts a win against a far stronger opponent in portrayal :

By portrayal, August and Eileen (human form) were highly more evenly than Selene(human form) and Georg. We saw the result.

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
By portrayal, August and Eileen were even. Both can do nearly all things with their Magic. They both have the ultimate Hax in the verse.
Still, Eileen puts a win here just like Selene puts a win against a far stronger opponent in portrayal :

By portrayal, August and Eileen (human form) were highly more evenly than Selene(human form) and Georg. We saw the result.
The difference is, dragon Eileen couldn't do it to Erza, who is far weaker than August. For instance, Erza wouldn't take Gildarts' strongest attack to her face and come out of it basically fine with just a bloody lip.
If Erza can tank it, though with broken bones. August can tank at least a few such hits from Eileen before going down.

Not all dragons are equal. Just because Selene's dragon form gives such a boost, we can't say Eileen's would.
The reason Natsu's DF is so powerful is because his physique gets closer to his parent dragon Igneel's, an Acno tier. While Sting's DF doesn't provide anywhere close to this boost, cause his parent dragon is inferior to Igneel.

Human Eileen and August are by no means equal. August will no diff human Eileen. Not only does August have superior physical stats, Eileen is also a caster mage. It will be CS vs August all over again. Caster mages get absolutely destroyed by August, unless they are above his tier. He nullifies and/or replicates everything Eileen does with her magic.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
The difference is, dragon Eileen couldn't do it to Erza, who is far weaker than August.
If Erza can tank it, though with broken bones. August can tank at least a few such hits before going down.

Not all dragons are equal. Just because Selene's dragon form gives such a boost, we can't say Eileen's would.
The reason Natsu's DF is so powerful is because his physique gets closer to his parent dragon Igneel's

Human Eileen and August are by no means equal. August will no diff human Eileen. Not only does August have superior physical stats, Eileen is also a caster mage. It will be CS vs August all over again. Caster mages get absolutely destroyed by August, unless they are above his tier. He nullifies and/or replicates everything Eileen does with her magic.
Well, I disagree. And I don't think Eileen, even in human form, has below physical stats. She was only scratched with Erza's double sword full strike attack, enhanced by Wendy's boost. And Erza had resolution to end this. Eileen didn't defend herself and didn't even move.

Not sure August is also physically tougher than Erza. Erza is a monster in durability, perhaps with the highest level in this part in all the Guild.
Eileen can crush August's bones like she did with Erza.
Still, Erza was her daugter and Eileen could unconsciously hold back her might (just like Laxus's Fairy Law when his heart for his friend was a direct counterpart to his determination to end Fairy Tail's members), while she shouldn't on August.

Still Hax people can't do their thing on a stronger Magic than thereself. I can agree that Eileen and August are close by portrayal (Brandish's statement to counterpart Makarov's statement that August is the strongest Spriggan, putting Eillen on same pedestal as both strongest), but her Dragon Form gave her huge boost in all stats : physical and Magic. You can say Eileen didn't have same boost as Selene but clearly, I am not sure. Her attribute, Wisdom, is a direct portrayal to boost her Enchant level by huge mergin, from "High Enchanter" to "Master Enchanter", extending her Magic above Earth, Sea or else, In that so, I think "Boost" is most likely her attribute in Dragon Form, and for me it is more evident than even Selene's in process.

With this enhancement, I am not sure August can copy her spells anymore, just like Brandish's hax couldn't affect Neinheart under Eileen's Spell. In that so, August has no weapons against her. For me, August is no match for her Dragon Form, in all stats, just like Suzaku is to Selene's Dragon Form.

Speaking about human Eileen, they are close one and yes, I can see August taking average due to Copy Magic. But do you think Eileen isn't smart enough to understand August's weakenesses, just like Gildarts did ? This Enchanteress is one of the most knowledgable wizard in the Manga, with 400yo of experience. August can copy Magic from casters using spells from their own bodys (Natsu, Laxus...), but when a Caster use a tool to cast spell, August's Magic is disable. Gildarts's bio arm as exemple. Eileen is smart enough to cast spell with her Bo to counter August's defense. This is why I can see them evenly match here because August is still an erudit in all spells just like her with around same MP level.

It's only my opinion and I can be wrong. Both aren't the strongest wizards in the verse but still have the most variable Magic in all Timeline until now.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Well, I disagree. And I don't think Eileen, even in human form, has below physical stats. She was only scratched with Erza's double sword full strike attack, enhanced by Wendy's boost. And Erza had resolution to end this. Eileen didn't defend herself and didn't even move.
Ok, and what happened afterwards?
Erza was solo fighting human Eileen AFTER Wendy went down.

They pretty much had a back and forth battle for like 2/3rd of a chapter, and Eileen was pissed. So no excuse of she was playing around or something

August however was overwhelming Gildarts in physical combat. And Gildarts is above Erza in all stats, but a decent margin.

If Erza's combat stats is 10, Eileen is 12, Gildarts 15, August 16

Not sure August is also physically tougher than Erza. Erza is a monster in durability, perhaps with the highest level in this part in all the Guild.
Definitely yes.

Unless you think Erza is shrugging off Gildarts' strongest attack to her face, with just a bloody lip.

Still, Erza was her daugter and Eileen could unconsciously hold back her might (just like Laxus's Fairy Law when his heart for his friend was a direct counterpart to his determination to end Fairy Tail's members), while she shouldn't on August.
Nah, she pulled a meteor with the intent to wipe Erza's existance

Law was different, Law listens to Laxus' heart.
Laxus never "held back" in the entire fight, and fully intended to kill Natsu. Even if deep down something was telling him to stop the madness.

Attacking physically and using high AOE spells don't care about subconscious.

Still Hax people can't do their thing on a stronger Magic than thereself. I can agree that Eileen and August are close by portrayal (Brandish's statement to counterpart Makarov's statement that August is the strongest Spriggan, putting Eillen on same pedestal as both strongest), but her Dragon Form gave her huge boost in all stats : physical and Magic. You can say Eileen didn't have same boost as Selene but clearly, I am not sure. Her attribute, Wisdom, is a direct portrayal to boost her Enchant level by huge mergin, from "High Enchanter" to "Master Enchanter", extending her Magic above Earth, Sea or else, In that so, I think "Boost" is most likely her attribute in Dragon Form, and for me it is more evident than even Selene's in process.

With this enhancement, I am not sure August can copy her spells anymore, just like Brandish's hax couldn't affect Neinheart under Eileen's Spell. In that so, August has no weapons against her. For me, August is no match for her Dragon Form, in all stats, just like Suzaku is to Selene's Dragon Form.
Copying isn't hax, that's just what his magic allows him to do.
It's basically "learning fast"

Nullification however is hax.

Brandish's statement just reflects on overall ranking.
Let's consider portrayal then, since we're going there
- Zeref knows of Eileen's dragon form, and most likely August as well. August was still the leader of the Spriggans, well who gave the title? Obviously Zeref? If Zeref thought Eileen was stronger, she would've been the leader, not August
- Manga refers to Eileen as the strongest female Spriggan, always. August has been referred to as the strongest Spriggam as well. This happened even AFTER Eileen's dragon form was revealed and "died" as well
- August was the last standing Spriggan, and we know who's left for the last typically.

Speaking about human Eileen, they are close one and yes, I can see August taking average due to Copy Magic. But do you think Eileen isn't smart enough to understand August's weakenesses, just like Gildarts did ? This Enchanteress is one of the most knowledgable wizard in the Manga, with 400yo of experience. August can copy Magic from casters using spells from their own bodys (Natsu, Laxus...), but when a Caster use a tool to cast spell, August's Magic is disable. Gildarts's bio arm as exemple. Eileen is smart enough to cast spell with her Bo to counter August's defense. This is why I can see them evenly match here because August is still an erudit in all spells just like her with around same MP level.
Eileen enchants stuff using her own magic, no reason August can't copy it.

And, even if that is true for the sake of argument, that August can't nullify it, it still means that Eileen still can't use her abilities on him directly, which is still a nerf.

Eileen will be facing another Eileen + most her offensive magic useless + other magics August has copied.
Human Eileen gets stomped.

Also, if we wanna go the route of no CIS, and hypotheticals. (like "Eileen will enchant tools with her magic" ).
If we are using what "they are capable of", rather than going purely by their feats on screen. Let's do that then, cause August is the most broken mage you can even create lmao.

Nobody who isn't actually Acno tier is even touching him. These are the magic he has copied ON SCREEN:
- refraction magic from Midnight. There goes his weakness to "tools", right out of the window. Eileen can enchant tools or whatnot, refraction no sells them all (in the off chance August doesn't nullify by his base magic) .
- heavenly body magic, from Jellal. This includes meteor, which is a massive boost to speed/CQC
- racer's speed magic, another massive boost to speed CQC
- sound magic from Cobra, mind reading is a massive boost to CQC, plus you never get caught off guard
- fire DS magic, from Natsu
- crash magic, from Gildarts

You think Eileen is even landing a single blow on August if he uses meteor + racer's speed magic + mind read?

August also surely has seen Spriggans use their magic, which means he has abilities of pretty much every Spriggan except Bradman (curse), Wahl (machine) and maybe Larcade (curse?)

This + countless magics he has copied over his lifetime.

August with no CIS/PIS curbstomps everyone he comes across that isn't an Acno tier.

Human Eileen vs August isn't even a debate honestly.
August is literally human Eileen + a lot more.

Dragon Eileen has the physical offense to put August down.
If they fight in character, August wins 8-9/10 times, and Eileen 1-2/10 times. The fight between them ends within a minute or so.
But if there is no CIS, August wins this fight in a stomp 10/10 times.

Last edited:

ShaLIGHTNING

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I'm 95% positive that Larcade does use caster spells and no curse, based on Mavis sensing (and been afraid of) his Magic Power, while Gajeel mocked Bloodman's lack of MP compared to the rest of the 12.

Don't forget to add God Serena's Dragon Slayers attacks and Larcade's Pleasure magic to August's arsenal and Irene is 100% dommed against him.

Irene might be the strongest female Spriggan, but I don't see her that far above Larcade and God Serena and been a match to August like people tends to claim.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
I'm 95% positive that Larcade does use caster spells and no curse, based on Mavis sensing (and been afraid of) his Magic Power, while Gajeel mocked Bloodman's lack of MP compared to the rest of the 12.

Don't forget to add God Serena's Dragon Slayers attacks and Larcade's Pleasure magic to August's arsenal and Irene is 100% dommed against him.

Irene might be the strongest female Spriggan, but I don't see her that far above Larcade and God Serena and been a match to August like people tends to claim.
Yea.

Story/in-character vise, August stomps human Eileen. August vs dragon Eileen can go either way, with edge to August. August >= Eileen

No CIS = August stomps anyone who isn't Acno tier. The amount of magic he has in his arsenal is insane - most Spriggan's magic, CS magic, Gildarts' magic, Natsu'd magic, countless more spells he copied over his lifetime

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Ok, and what happened afterwards?
Erza was solo fighting human Eileen AFTER Wendy went down.
You are right. Was it the same Erza with the same condition as the first round with Wendy's support ?
no. Eileen tried to possess Wendy and Erza had to beat her because Wendy was out and defenseless. Her determination grew far stronger, enhanced her stats by great mergin.

Seeing Erza alone after Wendy's fall and before Wendy's possession, is just like seeing Gray fighting Invel in first round and then, the one who destroyed him after Jubia's "death". Stats were really in different way.

Unless you think Erza is shrugging off Gildarts' strongest attack to her face, with just a bloody lip.
How many Red Lightning took Erza in her face ? That wasn't enough to take her down before having 0 MP reserve. Laxus is a monster who grew in stats since Arbaless (Erza's statement : "how much stronger did you become, Laxus ?") and Arbaless's Red Lighting level could instant kill a Spriggan.

I can put current Laxus Raw power in analogy with Arbaless's Gildarts. I think they are not too far.

Zeref knows of Eileen's dragon form, and most likely August as well. August was still the leader of the Spriggans, well who gave the title? Obviously Zeref? If Zeref thought Eileen was stronger, she would've been the leader, not August
Zeleph knew for Eileen's nature but for August, that's only assumptions.
Zeleph is aware about the difficulty of having a curse and Eileen's pain about that. I don't think he told anyone about that.
And Eileen could hide her nature for centuries as even Acnologia wasn't even able to sense her.

Zeref thought Eileen was stronger, she would've been the leader, not August
Not necessary. Between two equal forces, you will choose the wisest and the one who can support you the better.
Eileen was more a free electron.

Eileen enchants stuff using her own magic, no reason August can't copy it.
So, August can copy Lucy's keys to open gate or Erza's weaponries ? They are tools. Eileen's staff is a tool in which she can transfert her spell with, like she did to eradicate Erza's Swords as flower.

Also, if we wanna go the route of no CIS, and hypotheticals. (like "Eileen will enchant tools with her magic" ).
If we are using what "they are capable of", rather than going purely by their feats on screen.
Hypothetical ? Didn't Eileen use staff to throw spells vs Acnologia or Erza ? Didn't she enchant objets to create life ? Didn't she change Staff's nature to enhance his durability ? I can give you the scans.... They are on screen feats.

August can be above Eileen, but not in a stomp way. They are most likely as even as current Laxus and Erza. Before the fight, people thought Laxus could stomp Erza as well.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
You are right. Was it the same Erza with the same condition as the first round with Wendy's support ?
no. Eileen tried to possess Wendy and Erza had to beat her because Wendy was out and defenseless. Her determination grew far stronger, enhanced her stats by great mergin.

Seeing Erza alone after Wendy's fall and before Wendy's possession, is just like seeing Gray fighting Invel in first round and then, the one who destroyed him after Jubia's "death". Stats were really in different way.
We couldn't even really see Erza vs Eileen with Wendy's support, considering Eileen switched bodies within a minute or so after the battle even began.

What we saw later is Erza doing pretty much fine against human Eileen solo. Human Eileen is around the same ballpark as Erza incombat stats

There was no "POF" until the broken bones part. If we are to consider Erza being serious as POF, she's in POF 90% of her fights lol

How many Red Lightning took Erza in her face ? That wasn't enough to take her down before having 0 MP reserve. Laxus is a monster who grew in stats since Arbaless (Erza's statement : "how much stronger did you become, Laxus ?") and Arbaless's Red Lighting level could instant kill a Spriggan.

I can put current Laxus Raw power in analogy with Arbaless's Gildarts. I think they are not too far.
Gildarts' strongest attack >>> nameless RL punches

Plus, the gap between Erza and Laxus, and between Laxus and Gildarts always shrink as time passes. The gap was higher in x792. x792 Gildarts would mid diff Erza, while x793 Erza will probably give him a mid-high diff

Erza isn't shrugging off Gildarts' strongest attack

Zeleph knew for Eileen's nature but for August, that's only assumptions.
Zeleph is aware about the difficulty of having a curse and Eileen's pain about that. I don't think he told anyone about that.
And Eileen could hide her nature for centuries as even Acnologia wasn't even able to sense her.
August most likely knows, he's been with August for like 80 years.

Acno not sensing Eileen is some BS from Mashima. Eileen wasn't even really hiding or anything, she was living in the woods in the open. Zeref randomly found her.
Acno instantly remembered her after she "died", but didn't remember or sense her in their encounter.

Not necessary. Between two equal forces, you will choose the wisest and the one who can support you the better.
Eileen was more a free electron.
Come on dude, the portrayal is pretty obvious here, since we're discussing portrayal here

August >= Eileen is the portrayal.
- leader
- last Spriggan standing
- referred to as the strongest Spriggan after the entire Eileen fight was over

So, August can copy Lucy's keys to open gate or Erza's weaponries ? They are tools. Eileen's staff is a tool in which she can transfert her spell with, like she did to eradicate Erza's Swords as flower.
Nah, cause keys weren't created on the spot.

The key is the source of the spirit, CS magic merely the magic which allows the usage of keys.

August can copy CS magic, but without the key, he can't summon the spirit

You use enchantment to enchant tools on the spot.
August can copy the enchantment and do the same himself or nullify.

See the difference? "Enchantment" can be copied, the tool itself can't.
Eileen use enchantment on tool, August copied the enchantment magic (not tool) and nullifies it

Hypothetical ? Didn't Eileen use staff to throw spells vs Acnologia or Erza ? Didn't she enchant objets to create life ? Didn't she change Staff's nature to enhance his durability ? I can give you the scans.... They are on screen feats.

August can be above Eileen, but not in a stomp way. They are most likely as even as current Laxus and Erza. Before the fight, people thought Laxus could stomp Erza as well

She wasn't fighting by enchanting tools against Erza or Acno.

She has a staff, yes. Like August has a staff. That's her weapon.

Now, I do agree that Eileen is capable of doing all that, fighting with enchanting tool is definitely possible with her ability.
But in character Eileen fights with 90% casting enchantment magic, and 10% using her staff. She doesn't fight with enchanting tools around her.
Hence hypothetical.

And hence me saying, if we're going this route (i.e assuming they use their magics properly without CIS or personal style), then nobody in the series is even close to Augsut, when it comes to how broken he is. He's the most broken character in the series till date, and it's not even close!! Like, when it comes to hax, he blows the competition out of the water!

In character, August's fighting style is that he copies the magic of his opponent, nullifies them, flexes and fights physically.

What August is capable of with his magic? Thousands upon thousands of magic, INCLUDING enchantment!
This about it, 99.99% of mages you put against him, he becomes that mage and some more. Put Eileen against him, and he becomes Eileen and some more. Whatever Eileen can do, so can he.

Tell me which character apart from Acno tiers are even capable of touching August if he uses meteor + speed magic (Racer's) + mind read? Right, nobody.

In-character/story wise August vs dragon Eileen can go either way, with August having the edge
Hypothetical (ie no CIS) August murderstomps anyone who isn't Acno tier, no CIS = August destroys dragon Eileen

GL_Nova

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Irene backed down. An all her magic is up for copy. August

Laxuseven

Reaction score
Country
France
August murders her.

He doesn't even need to copy her magic. If she turns into dragon form it will be even easier for August as for he is much faster with the famous combination of meteor, spped magic and mind/muscle reading, and with his attack potency (that is infinitely stronger than Erza's) he would OS Dragon Eileen with the at least 9 dragon slayer magics that he has.

I almsot feel like Dragon Eileen is a too easy target to hit for DS magic users.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
August murders her.

He doesn't even need to copy her magic. If she turns into dragon form it will be even easier for August as for he is much faster with the famous combination of meteor, spped magic and mind/muscle reading, and with his attack potency (that is infinitely stronger than Erza's) he would OS Dragon Eileen with the at least 9 dragon slayer magics that he has.

I almsot feel like Dragon Eileen is a too easy target to hit for DS magic users.
Yeah, without CIS, August would just stomp

In-character/story August vs dragon Eileen can go either way, cause in character August is retarded.
He didn't use refraction to counter Gildarts' tools, and used meteor a grand total of one time in the entire fight. August mostly engaged in fist fight with Gildarts, inspite of knowing countless magic

Dragon transformation for Eileen is a double edged sword for Eileen against DS.
She demonstrated attack power which almost one shotted Erza. One more of that attack, and Erza would've died.
But any DS on or above Erza's level can also one shot her

Laxuseven

Reaction score
Country
France
Yeah, without CIS, August would just stomp

In-character/story August vs dragon Eileen can go either way, cause in character August is retarded.
He didn't use refraction to counter Gildarts' tools, and used meteor a grand total of one time in the entire fight. August mostly engaged in fist fight with Gildarts, inspite of knowing countless magic

Dragon transformation for Eileen is a double edged sword for Eileen against DS.
She demonstrated attack power which almost one shotted Erza. One more of that attack, and Erza would've died.
But any DS on or above Erza's level can also one shot her
I do agree !
But I think the only reason August was a retard in his fight against Gildarts is because of the parental issue he had plus the plot coz let's be honest mashima didn't know how to make a decent fight between august and gildarts with August using a whole bunch of spells... gildarts would've stood no chances.

So in a fight against Eileen August wouldn't be disturbed by anything.

Plus we have to remember that Eileen isn't obedient toward Zeref, but she did "bow" to August after their eye clash. I think that scene really showed that August outclasses her as she didn't even tried to stand up to August.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I would say August extreme diff since both of them are relatively close to each other in stats, but one with DS magic would end the conflict eventuall.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
August would win, but it'd be high diff. He didn't do any better against Gildarts and Cana than Eileen did against Erza and Wendy. Only difference is Gildarts and Cana is a stronger duo.

You can say CiS but the reality is August is either stupid, or he just can't do the things we think he can. Same with Eileen, why didn't she just separation enchant Erza? Doesn't make sense. Chances are Erza was just too powerful for her bullshit, same with Gildarts against August. Or, if August was fucked by CiS then so was Eileen, because at the end of the day, they are confirmed equal by the manga.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
August would win, but it'd be high diff. He didn't do any better against Gildarts and Cana than Eileen did against Erza and Wendy. Only difference is Gildarts and Cana is a stronger duo.

You can say CiS but the reality is August is either stupid, or he just can't do the things we think he can. Same with Eileen, why didn't she just separation enchant Erza? Doesn't make sense. Chances are Erza was just too powerful for her bullshit, same with Gildarts against August. Or, if August was fucked by CiS then so was Eileen, because at the end of the day, they are confirmed equal by the manga.
Yeah, in-character battle between them would be an extreme diff win for August.
Both had their own stupidities in their battle, but August was far more retarded.

No CIS = August stomps.

The thing here is, we saw him nullifying everything from Gildarts, so we know for a fact that August is very well capable of haxing Gildarts tiers.
Eileen didn't turn Erza into a mouse or do separation on her. So, I assume it can't be done on Erza tiers.