Baam's potential without irregular priviledges or hidden entities | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Baam's potential without irregular priviledges or hidden entities

Vitala

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Cape Verde
There is no way Baam would be able to reach FH level without his statue as an irregular, saying that is saying the Ha twins are on FH when it comes to talent and we know it’s false.
I don’t see why the child of Arlene and V should be more special than the child of ari han and yurin or Gustang and blossom.

TBeast

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
There is no way Baam would be able to reach FH level without his statue as an irregular, saying that is saying the Ha twins are on FH when it comes to talent and we know it’s false.
I don’t see why the child of Arlene and V should be more special than the child of ari han and yurin or Gustang and blossom.
True, that he wouldnt reach FHs level but i am sure he would be stronger in top 10 like Enne. If i am sure it was es stated in manga that Talent is what makes u a irruglar. And given that he would have been almost as old as FHs i would say only FHs would be able to fight him.

Siya101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Dont be quick to judge arlene and v when we dont even know how powerful they were for all we know v may have been stronger that arie hon or even as strong as jahad

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
It's a genetic lottery basically. The only reason bam would be that much more special than other people is that he was born with genes to get that good. It's not fair or pretty but this is the basic logic under which the manga works so far when it comes to talent and shinsoo. Overall the main reason for family heads to even have that many children is the off chance of producing a child more special than others to become powerful and serve them. Take the kids that are born better than the others and discard the inferior nameless and talentless ones.

I would make the point that any family head could potentially produce a child with talent comparable to their own. It's just pretty damn unlikely. That's presumably how enne became a thing for instance. heck, someone talented could potentially come from a random ass couple with no power. But in that case the comparison is probably something like.... a FH has a one in a million chance of producing a child with talent comparable to their own..... But a random person has a one in a trillion chance of producing such a child. I suppose the circumstances behind bam's resurrection could have affected his talent though.

King Dryst

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cobra
I suppose the circumstances behind bam's resurrection could have affected his talent though.
I would say it's almost certain. He has an actual god taking an active hand in his rebirth. I would also surmise that Arlene wove some spellwork on his body to boost him even further (this seems to be the likeliest source for his spell immmunities).

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I would say it's almost certain. He has an actual god taking an active hand in his rebirth. I would also surmise that Arlene wove some spellwork on his body to boost him even further (this seems to be the likeliest source for his spell immmunities).
I could see a god boosting his talent though rather than his talent itself I am more inclined to thinking his devouring ability specifically is related to the god. Not sure if spells can be used to boost your shinsoo talent (my first guess would be no though spells can definitely be used to give you specific abilities) but arlen placing a specially powerful spell over bam makes sense, specially if she had access to a god to help out.

Jubei_Kibagami

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I generally agree with this logic with one caveat (otherwise it checks out).

The twins COULD be more powerful, and higher ranked, than their father, who clearly ranks much lower than even other FH's. (which are CLEARLY ranked by strength)

Seeing as they'd have half of their strength from their stronger mother.

Arbitrarily, their mother could be power level 8. Father a 6. They'd split the difference and be 7's each. Could be why we haven't seen Ari FH ranking, nor theirs.

Of course they wouldn't have shinwonryu, exemption from contracts, or the immortality - but they could be stronger all the same. Enne/Adori and others tower-born yet high in ranks don't have shinwonryu. Shinwonryu isn't the be-all, end-all. Plus, the exemption from contracts only makes them capable of killing those under contracts. It doesn't make them stronger per se. Even the FH's have contracts which are redundant and 'shackles' - so unlimited potential doesn't mean it is realized. Their power is likely whatever it would be without the contract exemption (because they have voluntarily placed themselves under contracts for shinsoo anyways).

Also, again, see Rachel.

Although I'm still wondering if those born full-blood by irregulars don't have some other special status we don't know about. Technically, they ARE from outside the tower. We don't know if the contracts work on a biological basis or a legal basis - or what. Biologically, they are from outside the tower. Legally, they may fall under an exemption themselves as they were born in the tower, yes, but from those that are from outside (see: offspring of diplomats and other examples of two foreign nationals birthing in a different state - the legal status of the child gets fuzzy)...