Seems this post is pinned so here are the 2025/26 award predictions that I've received so far! If you haven't sent already then feel free to shoot me your list!
Last edited:


[...]The shame of it is that Kobe might finish his career without a MVP, even though his ability can be compared only to that of Jordan and Wilt Chamberlain. All this time we've been looking for a player who is better than Jordan, but most of us can't get beyond whether we like or dislike Kobe as a person to recognize his contributions to the game.
Ultimately the MVP award will go to either Nash or Dirk Nowitzki, who are deserving this season, but neither are as good as Kobe. Dallas and Phoenix are strong enough to make the playoffs without their stars. The Lakers, however, are a lottery team without Kobe.
Now that's a valuable player.

Kobe does not show leadership skills? how exactly does one define "leadership"?Kobe can score, what he needs is to get a team of defenders and continue playing his role. He is not an MVP, because an MVP needs to show exemplary leadership which Kobe does not show.
By your logic, Allen Iverson should have been consecutive MVP the past ten years.
Dirk is an MVP, not because of how many points he can score, but because he raises his team into greatness, Nash does as well. You may consider Kobe "better" because he raises a lottery team to the playoffs, but the playoffs aren't considerably hard to get into in the west past 5th place. Without Nash and Dirk, their respective teams are only average if not below (especially in Nash's case where players seem to only play great games once every so often).
Unfortunately the top 5 are also the league's best five.
My picks for round 1 are: Suns, Rockets, Mavericks and Nuggets - Bulls, Cavaliers, Nets and Detroit

About Kidd, I was referring to the seasons when they consistently reached the Eastern semis and Finals. That was probably around 5 years ago, when Kidd arrived in NJ Nets, and made a complete turnaround of the team. He turned the Nets from a mediocre team, into a championship contender. Jefferson was at the time just up and coming, and not as good as he already is, now. And in those seasons, Kidd averaged around 10 assists per game.Just to clarify, I don't think your arguments are completely irrelevant, I just don't feel statistics tell the real story of what the MVP candidates actually DO for the team, and thus are not valid indicators for who should win.
Also, I don't think Nash should win, I think Dirk should win. Kidd is an excellent point guard, but I would have to say Jefferson is their teams current MVP.
I don't believe shooters can't be MVP's, when Tracy plays a shooting guard, I think he is the Rockets MVP (likewise Jordan).
Finally, I'm fairly certain I've already mention how much respect I have for Kobe in this thread, if I haven't "I hate Kobe as a person because he is a jerk, however as a player I have absolutely no reason to deny he is incredible." That said, I don't think he is an MVP.
MVP's don't only bring their teams to their finals, they create incredible seasons for their teams. For example, I think Kevin should win an MVP before he retires (not sure if he's won one already), however until Kobe finds a decent team, I just don't see him as anything other than a force. And he is, he's an incredible force, he is the most offensive force in the NBA today, HOWEVER.. that doesn't change the fact that the Lakers may as well be Zidane's french national team. After Kobe, the lakers will be nothing, after Jordan both the Wizards and the Bulls were something, not what they used to be... but a respectable team.
That's an mvp to me.
btw go bulls! Big BEN!


)