Year Round Basketball Thread + NBA Fantasy League

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,816
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Seems this post is pinned so here are the 2025/26 award predictions that I've received so far! If you haven't sent already then feel free to shoot me your list!

 
Last edited:

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I have Bleacher Report on my phone, I watched the football ones they do but not NBA. All of it is funny though
 

Sakazuki

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
257
Gender
Hidden
Country
Brazil
Any predictions for the finals that starts today? Mine is Cleveland in 6, but eill be a hell of a battle.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Any predictions for the finals that starts today? Mine is Cleveland in 6, but eill be a hell of a battle.
the warriors are too good this year. Kinda lost interest to the playoffs at this point, but i still hope the cavs win because fuck KD, fuck green and fuck zaza
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Do you guys watch Game of Zones?

that's one of my favorite episode this season, "half the defense, double the offense". typical D Antoni xD
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
There's a very strong chance the Warriors could sweep Cavs BUT I dislike Draymond Green too and I want rings for my man Kyrie...and LeBron too, I guess.

For Cavs to have a chance, they have to get that first game and gain momentum, otherwise I worry the doubts will begin to set in and I don't think a comeback like last year will be possible again. Even without Curry at his best, they have Durant.
 

Kefka

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2016
Messages
115
Reaction score
59
Country
Brazil
I don't have much against the Warriors, but fuck man! I don't wanna see Durant with a ring.

Looks like game 1 will be a blowout, but I hope the Cavs can come back.
 

Sakazuki

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
257
Gender
Hidden
Country
Brazil
As a basketball coach, thats what I have to say about game one:

  • No team focused on defense at all, it was a game decided only in errors. I would be really pissed if I was any of the coaches;
  • KD did what LBJ did not: he came to the finals. LBJ did a double-double indeed, but was responsible for 8 turn overs. KD did more than 35 points without one.
  • GSW had a bench, CLE not even closer. Korver has only one thing, and he not showed it tonight.
After this game, GSW has a sequence of 13-0 in the playoffs, and if they win sunday, will have the record of longest win streak in history.

I believe that they will achieve it. Green, whos is the hrart and spul of GSW is someone who really likes to proves himself, and will be very nice os his resume.
 

Kefka

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2016
Messages
115
Reaction score
59
Country
Brazil
Damn... That was such a demoralizing game for the Cavs. They fought extremely hard last night, with Kyrie finally showing up. But not even that is enough to beat one of the best teams of all time.

Can't see them coming back after that. They'll win game 4 only if the Warriors let 'em.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Like I said before, the Cavs needed to win the first game to upset the balance a bit and gain that upper hand but they were comprehensively beaten at the Oracle Arena and this was their last chance to get back into this series. It's gonna be a sweep now.

It's a shame to see Kyrie and LeBron putting up 35+ and near triple double numbers only to lose, but Warriors have more quality and Durant has been their MVP for these finals.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Was out yesterday, could only watch the first half. Cavs played really well, can see those guys didn't give up. That been said the refs were disgusting.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
*clears throat*

F * C K L E B R O N
F * C K T H E C A V S
C O N G R A T S K D

*rubs throat*

@Belserion don't ever say shit again, he's a scrub. 3-5 in finals and he will never be Jordan. Where were you under the impression that you guys were gonna win? @Aizen
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
*clears throat*

F * C K L E B R O N
F * C K T H E C A V S
C O N G R A T S K D

*rubs throat*

@Belserion don't ever say shit again, he's a scrub. 3-5 in finals and he will never be Jordan. Where were you under the impression that you guys were gonna win? @Aizen
LOL what even is this? Some great players never even reach the finals. Hats off to Warriors they deserve it but this doesn't take anything from Lebron imo.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
LOL what even is this? Some great players never even reach the finals. Hats off to Warriors they deserve it but this doesn't take anything from Lebron imo.
This sounds like what a loser would say. Girl bye
 

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2016
Messages
1,469
Reaction score
4,067
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
*clears throat*

F * C K L E B R O N
F * C K T H E C A V S
C O N G R A T S K D

*rubs throat*

@Belserion don't ever say shit again, he's a scrub. 3-5 in finals and he will never be Jordan. Where were you under the impression that you guys were gonna win? @Aizen
:XD Now we gotta be fair, Lebron is a legend regardless. Warriors just were great through and through, gotta give it to them. Not really Lebron's fault IMO. That said, I never saw Jordon during his playing days, but from what I heard/saw (from highlights and such), he seems like a very different player. However, he seems to be the more consistent one in crunch time by a large margin, so I will agree with you on that.
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
:XD Now we gotta be fair, Lebron is a legend regardless. Warriors just were great through and through, gotta give it to them. Not really Lebron's fault IMO. That said, I never saw Jordon during his playing days, but from what I heard/saw (from highlights and such), he seems like a very different player. However, he seems to be the more consistent one in crunch time by a large margin, so I will agree with you on that.
https://cavsnation.com/damian-lillard-defends-lebron-james-finals-record-destroys-twitter-troll/
This article says it all but the haters will see what they want to see to suit their ridiculous agenda. Guess it's not a team sport.
 

ZeroKing

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 10, 2018
Messages
9
Reaction score
2
Age
35
Country
United States
Warriors in 5
Celtics in 6

I thought it was a bad move for the Raptors to fire Casey but we will see what happens next season.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Wasn't a bad move to fire him. he's a good coach but he choked and couldn't make any good adjustment. Brad Stevens got robbed. That been said i'm still surprised OKC didn't fire Donovan.

Suns and Kings got 1st and 2nd pick, i'm kinda curious who will draft Doncic and who will take Ayton. I kinda wanna see the duo Booker + Ayton but i'm pretty sure the Suns will take Doncic.

Rockets have a chance against GSW if they can win tonight.

Been saying it since the playoffs started, beside Lebron, Love and Korver Cavs this year are a bunch of scrubs with Lebron carrying them. And Ty Lue is an awful coach. Not sure why he didn't bench JR yesterday, cost them the game.
 

ZeroKing

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 10, 2018
Messages
9
Reaction score
2
Age
35
Country
United States
I think it was a bad move, I think DeRozan is the one that choked and Casey is being scapegoated. Casey needs to get better at in-game adapting but it's mainly the failure of his star players.

I'm a Kings fan, I believe they will draft Doncic but I hope not. I think the Suns will take Ayton as he already has a fan base in Arizona and they need someone to replace Chandler.

If the Rockets win then yes they have a chance but if they lose then I believe it's over for them.

Ty Lue is the second worst coach in the NBA to me. LeBron James can't carry them for much longer especially against an athletic team like the Celtics that are lead by the second best coach in the NBA.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,124
Reaction score
20,250
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Cavaliers vs. Warriors again... for the fourth fucking time...

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

:pogchamp
 
Top