Year Round Basketball Thread + NBA Fantasy League

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,844
Reaction score
16,833
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Seems this post is pinned so here are the 2025/26 award predictions that I've received so far! If you haven't sent already then feel free to shoot me your list!

 
Last edited:

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: NBA thread

hahaha finally the west has a team that clinched a playoff spot! and it's new orleans! craziest nba race i have ever seen. everyone's talking about a team that has 50 wins but will still miss the playoffs.
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: NBA thread

only one team in the playoffs-bound west is below 50 wins (denver with 48 wins).....in stark contrast, only 3 teams in the East are above 50 wins.

Best of all about this season imo............Boston and Lakers are the two overall top teams in the East/West, respectively...........oh heck yeah! bring back the ancient rivalry!



and oh btw....the MVP is tightly between KB24 and CP3.

But the consensus view among ESPN experts says it is likely Kobe.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: NBA thread

Lebron for MVP, he's the best player in the league this season, and considering the past 2 years and the current season of Cleveland, I'd say he deserves it. I hope Sasha Pavlovic heals soon so that the Cavs can count on him during the finals, he's probably one of my favorite silent players during the playoffs. You don't really notice his contributions until the playoffs like last year.

Kobe and the Lakers have a really really good shot at the ring this year.
I'm hoping Suns make it to the Western finals AT LEAST.

And as for Boston.. right now, they're too good, remember Dallas last year? I doubt they'll be knocked out in the first round, but I just cannot see them winning it all this year, maybe next year but right now.. the Lakers are far more likely, or some other team. Boston is just too good at the moment, and that is probably their biggest problem, overconfidence.
 

Windmillblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
9
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The Basketball Thread (2008) NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

Hey guys if you dont know now u know the play offs started last week. im going for the SUNS to take it all, how about you?
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

La Lakers, always been a lakers fan.

Though I fear for the spurs
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

My team is the Chicago Bulls but since there not in it then Im rooting for the East coast, Boston Celtics
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
Re: NBA thread

what happen to my Bulls
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

I wish the Rockets stood a chance,
I'd like for Suns and Dallas to get one,

..but the reality is, of the teams remaining, I hope Lakers take it all.

Celtics are too young to take it this year, I hope they take it next year.
It will be ridiculous for a one man Cleveland to take it this year, he needs to switch teams or get another star with him (no Ben Wallace does not count).
Spurs are the favorites, and have enough, therefore I cannot cheer for them
Jazz are antipathic, and New Orleans.. to be honest I wouldn't mind if they won it either.

But I mean come on.. Kobe and Gasol, that's like the new era of awesomeness, the only thing better would be Kobe and Lebron playing for the NY Knicks.... maybe someday.
 

Houjou

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
332
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mongolia
Re: NBA thread

Bulls didn't even make it into the play-offs lol.

Whatever, I think Bryant really deserved the MVP this year. And I don't dare to make any predictions for the ring winner; I mean, I like Lakers, Hornets, Boston and Detroit, I'll be happy whichever wins it, though it would be great for Kobe to win his first ring without O'neal.
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
Re: NBA thread

Bulls didn't even make it into the play-offs lol.

Whatever, I think Bryant really deserved the MVP this year. And I don't dare to make any predictions for the ring winner; I mean, I like Lakers, Hornets, Boston and Detroit, I'll be happy whichever wins it, though it would be great for Kobe to win his first ring without O'neal.
I hate Kobe with a passion and also the Lakers, I dont want them to win a ring, I want San Antonio to beat them in the conference finals
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: NBA thread

you what?? you love the spurs?? :confused the one who deserves a ring right now is the big three of boston, KG, pierce, allen, veteran guys who have no rings yet. SA, LA and DET had their share of glory already. anyway from here on its a tight battle, anyone can win it
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: NBA thread

with no disrespect to the Hawks nor the Cavs, they both deserve recognition for their great performance in the playoffs, but I think the fact that Boston struggled against them, considering the all-Star cast that Boston have, as well as their regular season record and being in the Eastern Conference, makes me a bit disappointed.

It would have been a more exciting playoffs, in my opinion, if Boston crushed the Hawks and Cavs, respectively, and proved how dominant they are as they have been all along.

Assuming both Boston and Lakers advance (less likely though that Boston will advance), the fact that Boston has grossly underperformed sort of dampens the quality a bit. I want to see both Boston and Lakers perform to their highest and most dominant potential.

Nevertheless, having said all that, the playoffs in general have been very exciting, especially in the Western conference. I expected more competition in the West, which we are now seeing, but surprisingly the East has also turned out to be competitive. Some of you might argue that's preferable....but c'mon....Boston struggling? this isn't the same Boston team we've seen all year.
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

La,LA!!!Kobe,Kobe,i told you hes gonna be MVP!!!Lakers in 6 games,maybe even sooner,this was a great season,now win a championship and will kill Boston!
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

La,LA!!!Kobe,Kobe,i told you hes gonna be MVP!!!Lakers in 6 games,maybe even sooner,this was a great season,now win a championship and will kill Boston!
This Lakers team will be unstoppable once they get Bynum and Ariza back, plus Vucacic will only get better and better. He's doing a great job against Manu.


Lakers all the way. They'll likely play Pistons in the Finals.
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

Bynum aint gonna comeback till like training camp.Oh and game 3 tonight baby,if Lakers win its a wrap.
 

TheChosenOne

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 21, 2007
Messages
6,886
Reaction score
322
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

I had picked Cleveland before the start but that wish was ruined, so might as well pick the next best thing, LA. :kkthumbs
 

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
4,777
Reaction score
2,840
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

wait a minute... the playoffs are still going on... how long do they bloody last?

a Boston v L.A. matchup would be nice... even though I am an NYer, I wouldn't mind seeing Boston win...
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

Man, no love for Detroit!? They are by far my favorite team. I also have to go for the Spurs, mainly because I live in Memphis, and absolutely couldn't stand Gasol when he was here. Here's hoping the Pistons win it all.
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

Bynum aint gonna comeback till like training camp.Oh and game 3 tonight baby,if Lakers win its a wrap.
oh yeah, that's what I meant....when Bynum and Ariza comes back next season.....Bynum just had surgery, a few days ago, btw. So he's definitely not coming back soon.

vintagemistakes said:
wait a minute... the playoffs are still going on... how long do they bloody last?
somewhere around early June.

predsfan said:
Man, no love for Detroit!? They are by far my favorite team. I also have to go for the Spurs, mainly because I live in Memphis, and absolutely couldn't stand Gasol when he was here. Here's hoping the Pistons win it all.
Both Detroit and the Spurs are dynasties, no doubt. I honestly think if Larry Brown stayed longer in Detroit, and of course, if they kept Ben Wallace, Detroit would have won at least another championship, in addition to their first one.

But this year, and I'm biased about this, obviously, since I live in Los Angeles....but the facts proves this...Lakers is by far the most superior team in this post-season. Both Boston and Spurs had struggled...Detroit, well....I didn't really keep up with their games this playoffs, so I don't know if they struggled or not.

Anyway, Lakers lost big time today, and it required the "big three" to play their A-game to do it.

If Lakers can split this back-to-back road games, it's virtually over for the Spurs. But if Spurs win again, they still have a shot....although the chances are still pretty slim, considering that Phil Jackson has won literally all playoff series whenever he wins games 1 and 2.
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

Man this Detroit-Boston thing is just crazy,man i love it!Game 4 tonight,if they win,i mean the Lakers its a wrap,which will definantly be a win!

I had picked Cleveland before the start but that wish was ruined, so might as well pick the next best thing, LA. :kkthumbs
never knew that you were interested in basktball.
 
Top