Because I got HIGH~ :gnut

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: LIAR GAME AND REAL RETURN IN NOVEMBER!

I believe it's the magazine that "replaced" Super Jump and Business Jump, but I don't know if it has the same Salary-man demographic.
I think I read that the magazine targeted even older demographic somewhere.
(Some from SJ+BJ move over to GJ, and some become web ver. only.)
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: LIAR GAME AND REAL RETURN IN NOVEMBER!

I think I read that the magazine targeted older demographic somewhere.
Yeah, all I remember is that they discontinued Super and Business and at the same time announced Grand Jump, which makes me believe they're trying to consolidate it.

I've seen other publishers do this before.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: LIAR GAME AND REAL RETURN IN NOVEMBER!

Yeah, my memory didn't fail me :arf

They do it because circulation for the magazines isn't good enough, and when that's the case, it's best to cherry-pick the series from each magazine that actually sell and unite them under a different, re-branded imprint.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: LIAR GAME AND REAL RETURN IN NOVEMBER!

And here I was hoping for something new. >.>

Ah it's a business thing, either way magazines are not something that most buy, even the popular ones, I do believe even jump is not that much bought and the single series volumes are the money makers no?

Oh and mikkih what does this say?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: LIAR GAME AND REAL RETURN IN NOVEMBER!

None of the magazines are profitable really. They're just a way to promote buying the tankoubons.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: LIAR GAME AND REAL RETURN IN NOVEMBER!

The worst thing is that you have to buy it to keep up to date if you read everything in it, not to mention if you read tons of series from other magazines, so not buying one will surely make you lose track of the story of the mangas.
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing.

Most people read manga through the tankoubons, not the magazine...hence why the sales are so much higher than circulation numbers.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing.

Indeed, I know, and it is a good way to keep track of things as I said or at least was aiming at, I do not know if this has always been the case or just recent years?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing.

Indeed, I know, and it is a good way to keep track of things as I said or at least was aiming at, I do not know if this has always been the case or just recent years?
Just like any print media, circulation numbers have been on the steady decline for a while now. There was a time when WSJ had ridiculous numbers, but with everything moving to digital formats...and I mean EVERYTHING, the circulation just isn't the same.
 

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: LIAR GAME AND REAL RETURN IN NOVEMBER!

And here I was hoping for something new. >.>

Ah it's a business thing, either way magazines are not something that most buy, even the popular ones, I do believe even jump is not that much bought and the single series volumes are the money makers no?

Oh and mikkih what does this say?
This is an old news, looking for a title for Radio Wada's 1-koma manga series (for cell phones) on Twitter.

The submissions are already closed though. The new title is: ラヂヲの一語一絵 (Radio no ichigo ichie) This is a pun/parody. Ichigo Ichie (一語一絵) of this title means: one word, one pic. Traditional ichigo ichie (一 期 一 会) literally means one time, one meeting - treasure each encounter as it may never happen again. <---This info was not on that page you linked.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing.

Ah the online manga spree is to blame then, it should not be looked at in a bad way though, if we look at it from a different way the Internet helped increase the popularity of these things internationally, and it may encourage to buy the volumes and support the mangaka, of course devout fans usually do.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

This is an old news, looking for a title for Radio Wada's 1-koma manga series (for cell phones) on Twitter.

The submissions are already closed though. The new title is: ラヂヲの一語一絵 (Radio no ichigo ichie) This is a pun/parody. Ichigo Ichie (一語一絵) of this title means: one word, one pic. Traditional ichigo ichie (一 期 一 会) literally means one time, one meeting - treasure each encounter as it may never happen again. <---This info was not on that page you linked.
Ah the detective icon(man with pipe I presume he is a detective) grasped my attention. >.>
I really thought it was some manga and I wanted to know the title of, thank you for the information and translation. And how interesting that they want a new title for it. :O
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing.

Ah the online manga spree is to blame then, it should not be looked at in a bad way though, if we look at it from a different way the Internet helped increase the popularity of these things internationally, and it may encourage to buy the volumes and support the mangaka, of course devout fans usually do.
Well the piracy aspect of it comes into play for sure, but I was talking about print media in a broader sense. Newspapers and magazines have gotten smaller and thinner for a while now, and almost all the of the content can now be found online or on e-Readers. Manga magazines still haven't gotten to that level, but it is heading that way.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing.

Well the piracy aspect of it comes into play for sure, but I was talking about print media in a broader sense. Newspapers and magazines have gotten smaller and thinner for a while now, and almost all the of the content can now be found online or on e-Readers. Manga magazines still haven't gotten to that level, but it is heading that way.
Every kind of reading will be in e-format indeed. Well yeah the media, newspapers, information based are the first, but books are headed there as well, I mean they already are, just that people are not that used to reading a book on the computer as much as reading it printed on a paper. Manga may or may not be easier than book to scan eh?
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing.

Sorry for the abuse last night :*
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing.

Sorry for the abuse last night :*
It was actually early morning? xD

No worries. :hug
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Re: Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing.

Bump for Berserk...gogogo
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing.

Bump for Berserk...gogogo
I thought a new chapter was out, almost fell from my chair. D:

So yeah Berserk ... hm, it's like epic only beyond it. It's up there with the works of Homer and Alighieri.
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Re: Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing.

I thought a new chapter was out, almost fell from my chair. D:

So yeah Berserk ... hm, it's like epic only beyond it. It's up there with the works of Homer and Alighieri.
Alighieri? Oh well....hardly, but it's still epic, so....U were saying something about Serpico in Nuno's thread?
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing.

Alighieri? Oh well....hardly, but it's still epic, so....U were saying something about Serpico in Nuno's thread?
Dante the writer of Inferno.

It just has that epic sense in the literal meaning of the word. Yeah so Serpico and his development is not finished, I think after the fight with Guts he turned kind of good, though I really think that he still is as sneaky as ever. May pull something soon.
 
Top