Shounen Beck by Sakuishi Harold

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

yeah but they'll all be connected with the avalon right? sykes is behind avalon, for example. It's all going to converge in the avalon.
 

jacoobus

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
55
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

A whole new list of possible conflicts emerge even after they're succesful with Avalon. If Harold chooses to continue the story then it will continue. There are issues of how the band will deal with wealth and fame. I'm sure they will make new enemies (powergate?victor slater?). There is also still the issue of distance btwn Koyuki and Maho, esp once they start touring again. After Avalon they will likely go on a world tour. That will create plenty of conflict. I wouldn't worry about Avalon being the end of Beck. The story will change afterwards because it goes from being about a struggeling band to a succesful one, but the characters remain and there is still plenty to be told.
 

Roocketman

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 11, 2006
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

Afaik , Avalon is not the end of beck (some minor translations on the official site and news from Harold) and they still have problems with tons of people , because half world is trying to get Eddie Lee's last song , Devil's Way , and thats incredible . I wont spoiler anything from the raws , but till chapter 88 , its incredibly interesting ^^ .
 

Aladar

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
491
Reaction score
67
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Czech Republic
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

Dont somebody know where should i start reading, if i saw the anime?:)
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

anime goes up to vol. 10-11.
 

Aladar

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
491
Reaction score
67
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Czech Republic
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

Thanks :)
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

Aladar said:
Dont somebody know where should i start reading, if i saw the anime?:)
Yo Aladar I think you should read from the beginning. There is always something in the manga that is not in the anime. :). For one, the name of the songs are different.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

yeah that's also an option. Although you might skip a lot because you've seen them in the anime already. But that's alright for me, reading after the anime. I did that with fruits basket, bleach, and naruto. And I'm appreciating them just fine.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

i started with the anime, and it's soundtrack is the best! some of you may not be familiar with indie rock and a little rapcore but the plot is good and the characters are cool

the hell is up with that anime ending btw, spoiled a lot of chapters for me. i should've known...
 

jacoobus

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
55
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

I dunno they left so much out at the end that those chapters seemed almost new to me when I first read them. It didn't spoil it for me but I can see why ur upset.
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

Yeah I started with the anime too. But for me, the ending actuall made me read the manga since I want to know exactly what happened to them in USA. so, for me the ending is not a spoiler but I consider it as a teaser so people would go read the manga if they want to know more about BECK!
 

Roocketman

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 11, 2006
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

I must let you know that it's said that the second part of the anime is going to be released soon . So thats why Harold let the first season end in that way . And I must tell you all that the manga let you know tons of content that the anime misses , but reading from vol 11 it's fine . We are getting more people interested on Beck , bring them'all and we'll maybe get a translator for Beck . See you all ^^
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

dude, no shit! this is awesoommeeeeee... the beat crusaders and the others must be so busy doing this :sweat
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

I actually started reading the manga first before getting to watch the anime. Anyway...

I think it was mentioned in the Beckfansite forums that the first season of the anime was indeed a test (like any other anime I guess). However, they were only planning on making the second season when the first one would actually attract enough viewers, particularly from the US. It's been a year since that rumor, so I don't really know if they'll animate the rest. Like Kare Kano or something.
 

Aladar

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
491
Reaction score
67
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Czech Republic
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

Epul said:
Yo Aladar I think you should read from the beginning. There is always something in the manga that is not in the anime. :). For one, the name of the songs are different.
Well, i did that, but i passed out after volume 4 :D I guess I'm not that type who can read something, that he knows what will happen next..

Roocketman said:
I must let you know that it's said that the second part of the anime is going to be released soon .
If this is really true, i will lose my sanity because of happiness! :)
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

baboysai said:
I actually started reading the manga first before getting to watch the anime. Anyway...

I think it was mentioned in the Beckfansite forums that the first season of the anime was indeed a test (like any other anime I guess). However, they were only planning on making the second season when the first one would actually attract enough viewers, particularly from the US. It's been a year since that rumor, so I don't really know if they'll animate the rest. Like Kare Kano or something.
Does BECK not attract enough viewers in Japan? Why do they have to take American viewers into account? Well let us all cross our fingers and hope that there will be a second BECK anime.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

I think it wasn't really US in particular, but "western" viewers. Something like that.
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

Well I would say that western viewers would really dig this anime. I somehow feel that this anime has more western feel to it than anyother anime that I have watch. Moreover the music is great. I could really see that this anime doing well in the western part of the world especially the US. What do you all think?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

I thought so too, but the thing is... it's been over a year. And still no beck season 2... so you know... I don't know. Haha.
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

I hope there will be season 2.....
Any new chapters been translated?
 
Top