Shounen Beck by Sakuishi Harold

jacoobus

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
55
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

Yeah they have a lot of similar themes but I think they're actually quite different. Nana is basically a Romance Shojou with a music scene setting. Beck is a music based shounen with romance involved. Everyone is always interested in wtf is happening with Koyuki and Maho but the story doesn't revolve around it, it revolves around the band and their progress. Nana is almost entirely focused on the charcter's personal issues.
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

Well another solution is to have more people like chiba in this world. It was really suprised when i read chiba is good in martial arts(couldn't remember which one) and also he is the class representative! who would have thought huh that chiba a class rep! xD
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

Chiba rocks! I personally like his character also. He's the type who doesn't show off just because he's good in school (being the class rep and got high grades).

I watched the first two episodes of the anime (the other episodes are currently being downloaded via torretn :amuse) and I noticed that the comedic nature of the manga wasn't transferred to the anime. Though, I still find the anime appealing, by adjusting myself to its seriousness.
jacoobus said:
Yeah they have a lot of similar themes but I think they're actually quite different. Nana is basically a Romance Shojou with a music scene setting. Beck is a music based shounen with romance involved. Everyone is always interested in wtf is happening with Koyuki and Maho but the story doesn't revolve around it, it revolves around the band and their progress. Nana is almost entirely focused on the charcter's personal issues.
Yeah. and the only reason why I continued to read Nana was because I was following the growth of Black Stones there. They had it too easy if you ask me. But then, they also came from the floor bfore gaining popularity. But Beck! Whoa!!! It's like they're a lifebouy that's been hed underwater but can't entirely sink because of their innate nature and talent in music. :headbang
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

well, NANA's story is different we don't have to point that out here do we? I mean, people don't read NANA for Blast's sake, but for the two Nanas' sakes. Heh.

Anyway, yeah, Beck as a band appeals to the type of people who go for the underdog. You know, if you're that kind of person, you can't help but cheer them on coz they get kicked around much, haha.

And about bullying, gawd, Japan has a totally different sense in that. I mean, they don't just bully, they harass and drive a lot of victims to suicide! Creepy, if you ask me.
 

Roocketman

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 11, 2006
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

Afaik from Nana , it's not a very spectacular manga (none the anime) , but it has tons of popullarity , but well , I read the first part and I don't really liked it (I'm not saying that Nana is rubbish , I just don't like it) . But Beck should be translated as Nana (or first than nana) ,because Harold's Sakuichi story it's just incredible , the mothaf**** of yoshito driving to problems koyuki , and Ray and his problems with Leon Sykes , maho <-> koyuki , and then that bastard of Ran causing that much problem to Beck , omg ... thats just the raw material , but when harold got his hand on the drama , just so sublimate , and how he drives the story and do not forget about anyone too much chapters (as happens in almost every manga) . Who cannot enjoy this serie?

PD : Still waiting for someone who tells me where (url or mail) I can contact MangaOne or MangaScreener , and see what we can do about Beck (that was this post first intention ) .
 

Uchiha_Shadow

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

MangaScreener has stopped translating. If I'm correct one of the staff from MangaScreener actually works at Tokyopop now (the publisher of the English Beck manga). As for MangaOne, I don't know... they're quite slow though.

As much as I enjoy buying manga, I'm not gonna wait [insert number] years to finally see a new chapter. I've always wondered why no translating group here has started translating Beck... what's the story on that? There's like 5-10 groups working on Naruto, but 0 on Beck?

EDIT: As for manga vs anime, I absolutely LOVE the anime; they did a great job with voice actors, songs etc etc (very important for a manga based on music, obviously). I don't really like the graphical style of the manga that much... That being said, the anime definitely has its flaws, leaving out a lot of important stuff. But by far the biggest flaw is that they stopped with 26 episodes. I seriously hope someone some day will realise that, hey, "this anime kicks ass!" and they should continue to make it =)

EDIT2: Been reading through the thread a bit... the OST of the anime is actually very very easy to get, and not expensive at all. I have it =) I could show a link to where you can it cheap, but am not sure I'm allowed to.
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

baboysai said:
well, NANA's story is different we don't have to point that out here do we? I mean, people don't read NANA for Blast's sake, but for the two Nanas' sakes. Heh.
Me. I read Nana for Blast's sake. Or At least for Nana's (not Hachiko) sake and career.

Anyway, yeah, Beck as a band appeals to the type of people who go for the underdog. You know, if you're that kind of person, you can't help but cheer them on coz they get kicked around much, haha.
Yeah, i'm guilty of this. :XD

And about bullying, gawd, Japan has a totally different sense in that. I mean, they don't just bully, they harass and drive a lot of victims to suicide! Creepy, if you ask me.
Wow! That is scary. I don't want to raise my kids in an environment like that. There really is nothing like your own culture. *nods *nods*

@Uchiha_Shadow

Hi! your first post in MH is in the Beck thread!! :party

I still haven't watched the anime thoroughly. Torrent is taking a lot of time. But I was really surprised that Koyuki's voice would be like that. It's deeper than your average 14 year old :p I gues I'll be loving the anime too. I can just see it! I can't wait for their performance on Greatful Sound!

Roocketman said:
Afaik from Nana , it's not a very spectacular manga (none the anime) , but it has tons of popullarity , but well , I read the first part and I don't really liked it (I'm not saying that Nana is rubbish , I just don't like it) . But Beck should be translated as Nana (or first than nana) ,because Harold's Sakuichi story it's just incredible , the mothaf**** of yoshito driving to problems koyuki , and Ray and his problems with Leon Sykes , maho <-> koyuki , and then that bastard of Ran causing that much problem to Beck , omg ... thats just the raw material , but when harold got his hand on the drama , just so sublimate , and how he drives the story and do not forget about anyone too much chapters (as happens in almost every manga) . Who cannot enjoy this serie?
Amen to that Roocketman! Beck rules. It immediately went up to my favorite manga list. Heck I'm downloading all kinds of beck stuff here in my PC. And my mind's swirling with the chorus of "Hit in USA".

:loool

PD : Still waiting for someone who tells me where (url or mail) I can contact MangaOne or MangaScreener , and see what we can do about Beck (that was this post first intention ) .
maybe we can contact them on irc. AFAIK, Mangascreener is active on irc. MangaOne, maybe I'll try later after finishing the laundry >_<[br]Posted on: February 06, 2007, 10:56:40 AM_________________________________________________Oh and let me just add, I'm on the part now wherein everything seems to be paying of.

Jim Welsh directs their very first music video, their first full album was officialy released by Naff records, Solid Rock Japan's editor Shiratori-san is giving her best to push Beck upwards, and Ran is eating sh*t in his hole! I simply can't stop laughing!
[br]Posted on: February 06, 2007, 11:01:10 AM_________________________________________________OMG! And now they're performing in
The AVALON Festival! :headbang

everything's paying off!!!! :woot
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

don't get your hopes to high on beck performing at the avalon festival...... surely Ran has something up his sleeves...... if you're already at that part, then you would know that there is a certain kouyuki wannabe!(i forgot his name... :p) that guy really pisses me of! he would do anything to get fame and glory! he is so greedy! i just hate him!
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

@EPUL, that's a spoiler isn't it?

anyway, I'm at the latest translated chap. (80, LQ)---
I do think that avalon is the climax.
and that guy epul mentioned is making it big- he deserted chinese bookeys apparently.
 

Roocketman

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 11, 2006
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

Oh men , you really spoiled a lot in that post . But anyway , just look at what I "understood" from the raws ^^ .
Maho finally takes a look at Beck's first videoclip and koyuki go to london to find maho,they met (after a very intensive scene) and everything gets clear between them . Koyuki goes to a music instrument store and find a new guitar , finish devil's way in front of maho and thats the end of chapter 88 (koyuki waking up demi-nude on maho's room)

Everyone who loves Beck , please , and I really say please , lets start making some noise on those translators who do not attend to this serie :mad :hi5 :beer
 

Uchiha_Shadow

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

We could start a petition, but... there's like 5-6 members who post in this thread. And 5-6 signatures isn't quite enough to get the attention of translators. We could try a couple of Beck forums, I guess. Anyone has any other plan to get the attention of translators?

Most of the scans hardly need any cleaning, really.

BTW, why is 88 such a small chapter?
 

Aladar

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
491
Reaction score
67
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Czech Republic
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

I think that if we start mass-spamming and mass bugging translators, it would be just annyoning, and does not help to release faster.. I mean, yeah, its good if somebody asks, but not petitions or spam..

mangaupdates says that you can catch people from MangaONE at #[email protected] :)
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

Roocketman said:
Oh men , you really spoiled a lot in that post . But anyway , just look at what I "understood" from the raws ^^ .
Maho finally takes a look at Beck's first videoclip and koyuki go to london to find maho,they met (after a very intensive scene) and everything gets clear between them . Koyuki goes to a music instrument store and find a new guitar , finish devil's way in front of maho and thats the end of chapter 88 (koyuki waking up demi-nude on maho's room)

Everyone who loves Beck , please , and I really say please , lets start making some noise on those translators who do not attend to this serie :mad :hi5 :beer
baboysai said:
@EPUL, that's a spoiler isn't it?

anyway, I'm at the latest translated chap. (80, LQ)---
I do think that avalon is the climax.
and that guy epul mentioned is making it big- he deserted chinese bookeys apparently.
sorry guys!! i'll be careful next time..... :p
Yo roocketman your "understanding" of chapter 88 is a big help to me.. :)
is the song really devil's way?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

I'll go check out some beckfansite's forum.
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

Epul said:
don't get your hopes to high on beck performing at the avalon festival...... surely Ran has something up his sleeves...... if you're already at that part, then you would know that there is a certain kouyuki wannabe!(i forgot his name... :p) that guy really pisses me of! he would do anything to get fame and glory! he is so greedy! i just hate him!
yeah! I just saw that chapter! and all i can say is that that person is a wuss. all he did was copy koyuki and he doesn't have a style of his own! OMG! I remembered the name of the loathesome guy its
Yuuta


You guys, what we could do about Beck is try to influence more people here in MH to read it and if there are enough of us here, we can easily have some of the translators here to at least translate them. Let's just do the cleaning if we can. :amuse
just like what happened with Hajime no Ippo. First, it only had this lonely thread and now, it's grown to have its own childboard. Let's try asking some people here. Maybe they can help.

baboysai said:
I'll go check out some beckfansite's forum.
Yeah that would be pretty helpful. I went to beck-mcs.org and checked out their forums. Gawd I can't understand anything. they're all French! :loool
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

hee of course beck-mcs is originally a french site. -_-[br]Posted on: February 08, 2007, 03:06:57 AM_________________________________________________Ack, I can't seem to log in to the beckfansite forums... darn. -edit- i forgot if i ever registered or not hahaha. wow it's been a long time since I went there.
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

hey guys have you tried asking the translators here at MH? Maybe we can convince them. Or maybe Bakafish, since he usually translates mangas not in the mainstream.

anyway, i'll try to promote Beck as much as possible here in MH so that we can louden up our voice and the translators might just give us a chance. ^_^ just a trans!! :wtf
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

I think I'll do the same. I'll try and promote BECK as much as possible here in MH. about the translator in MH, I think we can try PM them and ask them if they would be interested in doing BECK translation.
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

I just did a recommendation on Beck in the Manga Recommendation Thread. Check it out and tell me if it can sell Beck good enough. GK said that we can have multiple endorsements there. So back me up guys. Add up anything that you can :amuse

I'll try to go to the Translators Threads and ask some translators that aren't handling big projects like Naruto, One Piece, Bleach etc.
 

Shouji

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2007
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

where you guys getting trasnslations or scalations , i read only until chapter 80
 
Top