Shounen Beck by Sakuishi Harold

jacoobus

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
55
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

Koyuki told the lead singer of Powergate straight to his face that no one would be talking about Powegate in 1 year's time. Then the guy goes crazy and tries to deck Koyuki. You think Harold would create a scenario like that if he wasn't going to show us how this takes place over the next year? It was obvious he's creating new antagonists because Ran is about to get his ass handed to him. The same is likely true of Victor Slater (new antagonist) although I can't know for sure because all that text is in Japanese.
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

Yo bakashijinsan and jacoobus. I think you both have a point there. I agree with bakashijinsan about the fact that BECk have been going on for too long and I personally feel it will be nice to end BECk after the avalon festival. But there is still too many unsolved issues e.g:leon sykes, Ran, Powergate, Eddie Lee's last song, koyuki and maho relationship just too name a few(I believe there is still many more like the rivalry between Eiji and Ryusuke that seem to have been casted aside by Harold). So, there might still be more to BECK after avalon or Harold could just ignore all this issues and end BECK after avalon and do an epilogue chapter as the ending like bakashijinsan have mentioned. So Harold Sukoshi, the ball is in your court....
 

jacoobus

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
55
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

I think all the Japanese antagonists will be dealt with during Avalong, including Ryusuke vs Eiji. Don't forget that Belle Ame is also playing Avalon. When they flop and Beck becomes huge it will pretty much settle the score. Either way I see this as a big turning point for the manga rather than an ultimate climax. Once they become famous for Devil's Way they are on a world scale, they leave their enemies in the Japanese music industry behind for bigger fish. They will be a success for sure, but probelms don't stop once you're succesful. Maintaining success can be much more difficult than gaining it.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

jacoobus said:
They will be a success for sure, but probelms don't stop once you're succesful. Maintaining success can be much more difficult than gaining it.
Yeah but it would be too much of a drag reading about them when they're like that already. Like reading about Angelina Jolie, who definitely is successful, even with scandals and stuff. So? She's got it anyway.
Anyhoo that was just an analogy. Knowing that they're there and raking the money, what's left to think about? That's why I really have a strong gut feeling that after Avalon, as bakashijinsan said, denoument will follow.

And if my gut feeling turns out wrong, I can accept it. Provided that Harold will handle it well.
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

baboysai said:
Yeah but it would be too much of a drag reading about them when they're like that already. Like reading about Angelina Jolie, who definitely is successful, even with scandals and stuff. So? She's got it anyway.
Anyhoo that was just an analogy. Knowing that they're there and raking the money, what's left to think about? That's why I really have a strong gut feeling that after Avalon, as bakashijinsan said, denoument will follow.

And if my gut feeling turns out wrong, I can accept it. Provided that Harold will handle it well.
Exactly what I'm trying to point out here. It maybe just me (or with bbsai) but reading about the future ongoing success story of Beck would pretty much kill the story itself.

Sorry, jacoobus, I haven't touched the raw or anything that's why I really cannot relate to anything after chapter 80. I wanted to get the story's full impact with my common sense shut down for the moment so that I can enojoy all the emotions that the author wants me (us) to feel. Maybe after i've read it, i might change my opinion about it.

As what baboysai said

And if my gut feeling turns out wrong, I can accept it. Provided that Harold will handle it well.
I'm not flaming any one just to be clear. We're all Beck fans here and we should unite! Translate Beck please! :wtf

jacoobus said:
I think all the Japanese antagonists will be dealt with during Avalong, including Ryusuke vs Eiji. Don't forget that Belle Ame is also playing Avalon. When they flop and Beck becomes huge it will pretty much settle the score. Either way I see this as a big turning point for the manga rather than an ultimate climax. Once they become famous for Devil's Way they are on a world scale, they leave their enemies in the Japanese music industry behind for bigger fish. They will be a success for sure, but probelms don't stop once you're succesful. Maintaining success can be much more difficult than gaining it.
this is most likely what I had in mind except the continuation part. We know that it is hard to maintain your level of success, but in my own biased opinion, it would sway Beck from how I loved it.
 

Emery

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
549
Reaction score
194
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

I just started reading the manga yesterday after watching the anime (I started at vol 12 where the anime left off) and I've just finished volume 21.

And I gotta say, this is one of, if not the best manga I've ever read. It's so different from the usual "I've got special powers and I'm going to use them to fight evil" type story that I'm so used to. This manga is so much closer to reality than any other I've read. I can relate to the characters so much. This manga was probably the first I've read to actually make me feel sad. I can also relate to this manga on the music theme. I, too, am a musician.

I just love this manga to death and I hope it never ends.
 

Malos

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 18, 2007
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

If I've got this right, the Edited Mangas have stopped at chapter 80, right? I just wonder why? Maybe I'm just stupid, since I'm new here. I don't know how all this translation/Edited Manga-things work.
If someone would just show me how to clean the raws and what thing's I need to do, I would gladly help. If someone would write down the translation in english that is!

So, am I just being stupid or might I actually be able to help?
 

Emery

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
549
Reaction score
194
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

Malos said:
If I've got this right, the Edited Mangas have stopped at chapter 80, right? I just wonder why? Maybe I'm just stupid, since I'm new here. I don't know how all this translation/Edited Manga-things work.
If someone would just show me how to clean the raws and what thing's I need to do, I would gladly help. If someone would write down the translation in english that is!

So, am I just being stupid or might I actually be able to help?
There's tons of editors that want to do Beck. The problem is getting the translation.

I might be able to get a translator for the series, and my group(Phase3) can start Editing it. I'm currently talking to a translator to see if he's up for the project or not.
 

Malos

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 18, 2007
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

Oh, okay! That's great! Good luck and thanks for the answer!
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

woohoo, hope you get the translator emery!! Tell us soon so I can order some beer. XD
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

Yay! More of the Beck army are coming in.

@Emery
Isn't it one of the best manga? Isn't it? I think so too after reading a few chapters!

regarding the Edited Mangas, yeah, it stopped on chapter 80. so we are actively requesting on MH for translators to translate them since there are many people who can edit the raws. So let's all shout out!

Translate Beck! :wtf
baboysai said:
woohoo, hope you get the translator emery!! Tell us soon so I can order some beer. XD
bbsai! Missed you here in Beck Thread! Where have you been?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

bakashijinsan said:
bbsai! Missed you here in Beck Thread! Where have you been?
yeah... I'll explain in Pinoy thread. :p
 

mageofdeath

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
296
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

Emery said:
There's tons of editors that want to do Beck. The problem is getting the translation.

I might be able to get a translator for the series, and my group(Phase3) can start Editing it. I'm currently talking to a translator to see if he's up for the project or not.
that would be awesome because right now as far as I know nobody is scanning beck anymore, and those groups that say they do, are straight out lying(cough MCS cough)...
 

Emery

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
549
Reaction score
194
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

Alright, the translator I'm talking to said he was going to do chapter 81 as a "tryout".

So, you guys will DEFINITELY be getting chapter 81 from us. =D


And if he likes translating it, then he will continue.
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

Thanks Emery! You won't hear any complaints from us! And I do hope your friend will get hooked up with Beck also!
 

Emery

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
549
Reaction score
194
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

=D

Well, you might be pleased to know that I've found two MORE translators interested in the project.

I see things ending well with this.
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

I am getting goosebumps here! After weeks of begging in the translators and Manga Editors central; after being chewed by some translators (though it mainly our fault anyway) here comes the angels! Thanks so much! We're here to support you!
 

Emery

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
549
Reaction score
194
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

Thanks. =]

Though, to lighten the workload, we're looking for a typesetter. One that reads Beck.

If anyone in here is good at typesetting and is willing to typeset for us, send me a PM!
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

Emery said:
=D

Well, you might be pleased to know that I've found two MORE translators interested in the project.

I see things ending well with this.
woot!

Emery said:
Thanks. =]

Though, to lighten the workload, we're looking for a typesetter. One that reads Beck.
mind if I know what typesetting is? [br]Posted on: February 21, 2007, 09:58:55 AM_________________________________________________coz I'm really EAGER to help.
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

I've been away for a couple of days and I've missed on so many things here!
First of all tanks a lot Emery for doing the Edited Manga and finding translators for this wonderful manga I really can't thank you enough! :) !

bakashijinsan said:
I am getting goosebumps here! After weeks of begging in the translators and Manga Editors central; after being chewed by some translators (though it mainly our fault anyway) here comes the angels! Thanks so much! We're here to support you!
You're right about that my friend, those begging and pleading days are over! I'm getting goosebumps too!
 
Top