Shounen Beelzebub by Tamura Ryuuhei

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
I just realized we lost the Hangout thread for some unknown reason. So here's a new one!

So it looks like Shonen Jump updated their website again, and we have a new info page for Beelzebub. There's a longish summary of the series leading up to the San Marx arc, which is volume 19, as well as character profiles!

http://www.shonenjump.com/j/rensai/beruze/

I find Tamura's choice interesting, I mean, when was the last time we actually saw En? Oh well, I find the character profiles amusing because even though so much has happened, the profiles are still relevant. Anyone care to translate them? :zomg
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Beelzebub Hangout Thread Part 3

Teeba, why Beelzebub Awards didnt go any further?

Finally I remember to ask!
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
Re: Beelzebub Hangout Thread Part 3

They did, I put up the results and everything. Everyone voted but I don't think I announced the results properly. *hides in a corner*
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Beelzebub Hangout Thread Part 3

I thought we only had the nomination phase.
 

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Beelzebub Hangout Thread Part 3

They did, I put up the results and everything. Everyone voted but I don't think I announced the results properly. *hides in a corner*
So uh....can you tell us where one could find them? perhaps? .....?*shrugs*
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
Re: Beelzebub Hangout Thread Part 3

!!!

Apparently all the voting threads were made invisible. I've made them visible now, and you guys can at least look at the results and talk about them in the Discussion Thread located here.

---------- Post added February 04, 2013 at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was January 31, 2013 at 03:41 AM ----------

So speaking of awards, the LJ Community for Weekly Jump had some informal awards for things like Best Manga Chapter, Best Protagonist, etc. Furuichi won Best Antagonist 2012 (LOL) and chapter 173 got Best Chapter 2012 (tied with Nisekoi). Pretty neat, huh? :XD
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Beelzebub Hangout Thread Part 3

In a brazilian orkut community about Shonen Jump, people also voted for Furuichi as the best antagonist of 2012 (Though the winner was DoFlamingo from One Piece)
 

maravish

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2009
Messages
258
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Beelzebub Hangout Thread Part 3

When are we gonna see the Demons that are against the Demon King? If Saotome was some hero in a war, it'll be interesting to see a war in the Demon World with Oga and co. taking part.
 

Black Hawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
753
Reaction score
260
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Beelzebub Hangout Thread Part 3

The only human i wanna see there is Toujou he can do it and maybe Aoi of his little guard Demon. But to fight demon we saw it one Time you need a real Demon like huge Baby Beel or a contractor who is able to use and controll energy.

By the Way what i love now on Beelzebub even more, that he break the 4th Wall. I mean Beelzebub make jokes with or even over other series. I like that, ist not in the Gintama art. We saw it in Chapter 190 when Baby Beel paint the cat hair on Nasu and he say okay this depends on Naruto and many other things befor.
Or more like the hidden things with bring music or things from other in like in the last Chapter. While Nasu group try to play Hare Hare Yukai.
 

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Beelzebub Hangout Thread Part 3

Since this is essentailly the offtopic thread, I finally got around to seeing the Beelzebub awards results and I gotta say...

...Best Female Character winner....

...THERE IS, INFACT, JUSTICE IN THIS WORLD.

 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
Re: Beelzebub Hangout Thread Part 3

Yeah that was pretty surprising! A lot of people nominated Hilda, but they ended up voting for Aoi. :O I was happy Furuichi won a bunch of awards too, from Most Dramatic Character, to Most Comedic....yeah that was funny. :lmao I won't complain because Furuichi is my favorite character, he should win all the awards. :teehee
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Beelzebub Hangout Thread Part 3

Probably pepole who doesnt comment around here voted for Kunieda.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
Re: Beelzebub Hangout Thread Part 3

I saw this amazing fanart just now of Miki, in honor of his birthday (even though it was on the 5th). I kind of wish he wasn't such a minor character, but oh well.

by this artist

---------- Post added February 20, 2013 at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was February 08, 2013 at 05:11 PM ----------

Oh man, I am itching for next week's colorpage and cover. I hope its inclusive of everyone and not just Oga+Beel+Hilda centric. Kind of cheeky of Tamura to have a cover, colorpage AND volume release on the same day. Its like the ultimate series promotion. I suppose what would seal the deal was if something else was happening, like an OVA release I hope.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Re: Beelzebub Hangout Thread Part 3

Oh yeah, just want to say that I'm happy that Beelzebub has been (or manage to getting) serialized for 4 years. I consider that as a huge achievement, especially in a magazine where many Manga got cancelled even before they reach their 20th chapter. Looking forward for the next cover + color page, hopefully it is more impressive than the previous anniversary celebration.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
Re: Beelzebub Hangout Thread Part 3

I hope so too. I mean, it could just be a really nice color page of Kanzaki being all badass, but I'd love another comemorative colorpage, like chapter 91 or chapter 147, where the whole group is involved somehow.

Not to mention for the cover, I really want Furuichi to end up on the cover again. :wtf

Oh Doraku, do you know what's being said for volume 20's release? Apparently there's a limited edition poster being released, but I don't know what else is being said:

【コミックス】『べるぜバブ』最新20巻は3/4(月)発売!! 初版限定でポスターや古市名(迷)言集がつくぞ!!
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Beelzebub Hangout Thread Part 3

At first, I thought it will be a common colorpage, so I was looking forward to see badass Kanzaki on there. But I had forgotten it will be a anniversary celebration. High chances to be a commemorative colorpage.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
Re: Beelzebub Hangout Thread Part 3

I'm not sure about the cover (it could very easily be Oga+Beel+Hilda again), but the colorpage(s) will definitely be a group picture. Maybe its because I'm a Furuichi fangirl, but I really want Furuichi to look cool and not be the clown, like he was in the last anniversary colorpage (though it fit the theme).

I hope spoilers come out early so we can see the color pages. :cookiehand
 

Black Hawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
753
Reaction score
260
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Beelzebub Hangout Thread Part 3

I would like a Cover Page from natsu and his Group or of all 6 newcomers, with an Face of Fuji at the top. Cause you have to cliimb a mountain to be on the Top.
Or the other version a Mountain never Moves and stand solid, the movement come always to the Mountain. :D Yes the Cover should be Natsu or all 6 Newcomers that will be nice. A small spoiler in the Cover.
The last and not so much surprised Cover is Image of the complete Group around Oga. With or without Himekawa and Toujou.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
Re: Beelzebub Hangout Thread Part 3

Thanks. I posted it in the spoiler thread anyway.

The cover actually looks a bit plain, but I'm assuming that means the color pages are nice. I'm still reeling over the Furuichi cover. Its really amazing and badass.
 
Top