Discussion Best Defense, Endurance, Durability - Finished

Should we include dead characters for Most Offensive Mages?


  • Total voters
    10
  • Poll closed .

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
She didn't cut her though. She literally tried to slice through her and failed lol. This while Irene let her defenses down as well.

Erza headbutted her right in the area she just made a big ol' gash on her.

In magical power no, they aren't equal but, in durability they are. Do you think human Acno has weaker durability than his Dragon form as well? The human transformation is just a husk, the Dragon form is what is under that husk. So unless you slice through them scales you can't kill them or actually hurt them.

I don't think there is any difference with transformations between Dragons when they turn human. It would be stated to have been a different technique if so.
what Axiomus said

Irene's human form bleeds and can feel pain. She also died in her human form by stabbing herself. So all in all, I consider the human transformation as being separate (and weaker) than the dragon form. So yes, Acnologia is stronger in his dragon form. As are characters like Mercphobia. Kyria's roar can badly injure Mercphobia when he's in his human form, whereas the dragon form can no sell the combine effort of the team all with dragon slaying seals. Mercphobia also reverts to a human form now that he has no magic power. It's likely that turning into a dragon isn't actually some terribly difficult thing to do. Elfseria can do it all on his own, and all of the god dragons can do it on a whim. Irene, for whatever reason, just couldn't figure it out.
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,663
Reaction score
31,938
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Here's my top 10 tankiest mages

7 points


Emotional Gajeel
@GajeelNashi (7)

17 points

Singer Gajeel

@GajeelNashi (17)

27 points


Gajeel Redfox
@GajeelNashi (27)

37 points

Suicidal Gajeel
@GajeelNashi (37)

47 points

Bandana Gajeel
@GajeelNashi (47)

57 points

Iron Dragon Slayer Gajeel
@GajeelNashi (57)

67 points

Iron Shadow Dragon Mode Gajeel
@GajeelNashi (67)

77 points

GajeelNashi
@GajeelNashi (77)

87 points

Erza Scarlet
@GajeelNashi (87)

777 points

Dragon Force Gajeel
@GajeelNashi (777)

Edolas Gajeel is ineligible due to the lack of magic power within the host. Therefore, it shall not be considered a mage.

On a real note, @August_Lightning , I'll see what I can do. It's been quite awhile since I last participated in the Fairy Tail forum which is pretty sad considering this manga is the reason why I'm here. I stopped reading the 100 years quest quite awhile ago too because I was quite busy in real life so it made me lose interest in it but I'm working on it. It's the next one in line with Tower of God. I'll come back once I finish FT 100 YQ, gotta get back into the old fairy tail vibes first :noworry​
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Here's my top 10 tankiest mages

7 points


Emotional Gajeel
@GajeelNashi (7)

17 points

Singer Gajeel

@GajeelNashi (17)

27 points

Gajeel Redfox
@GajeelNashi (27)

37 points

Suicidal Gajeel
@GajeelNashi (37)

47 points

Bandana Gajeel
@GajeelNashi (47)

57 points

Iron Dragon Slayer Gajeel
@GajeelNashi (57)

67 points

Iron Shadow Dragon Mode Gajeel
@GajeelNashi (67)

77 points

GajeelNashi
@GajeelNashi (77)

87 points

Erza Scarlet
@GajeelNashi (87)

777 points

Dragon Force Gajeel
@GajeelNashi (777)

Edolas Gajeel is ineligible due to the lack of magic power within the host. Therefore, it shall not be considered a mage.

On a real note, @August_Lightning , I'll see what I can do. It's been quite awhile since I last participated in the Fairy Tail forum which is pretty sad considering this manga is the reason why I'm here. I stopped reading the 100 years quest quite awhile ago too because I was quite busy in real life so it made me lose interest in it but I'm working on it. It's the next one in line with Tower of God. I'll come back once I finish FT 100 YQ, gotta get back into the old fairy tail vibes first :noworry​
ahhh icic all good. Tower of God is so sick. S/o to @Arjuna for the recommendation
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,663
Reaction score
31,938
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail


1 Day Left!​

Participants so far:
@Jean Grey
@August_Lightning
@Seven777
@One4All
@IamtherealMirajane
@Ebony Maw
@Brandish
@Ajeel Ramal

DM now!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

now time for some tagging :3c

@Laxus pwns natsu @Axiomus @XXEliteXXAceXX @~Charging Lightning~ @Stormsfury
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@Kurumi Tokisaki @Sevently @Vis @Jko @Boomburst
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@Atom @Nemispelled @GL_Nova @SirSamuel016 @Lexusflame
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@Laxus chan-yo @lakhan220 @LighteningLord @Star Frost @Doughboy
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,663
Reaction score
31,938
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
Oh my, so i'm not too late then !

I got time to catch up just now, i'll be sending you my list soon.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

My question might sound pretty dumb for the average FT forum user, but i'm not used to these power scaling debates anymore. Can you please explain what you mean by tanky / tankiness?
Are we supposed to take abilities into account? For instance, would Bradman (i'm still not used to calling him Bloodman) be considered tanky due to his body properties? Or Wraith? Does that count?
Or is it just about the ability of a character to be dealt a lot of damage and keep fighting? (durability is the term i guess).
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,663
Reaction score
31,938
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Oh my, so i'm not too late then !

I got time to catch up just now, i'll be sending you my list soon.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

My question might sound pretty dumb for the average FT forum user, but i'm not used to these power scaling debates anymore. Can you please explain what you mean by tanky / tankiness?
Are we supposed to take abilities into account? For instance, would Bradman (i'm still not used to calling him Bloodman) be considered tanky due to his body properties? Or Wraith? Does that count?
Or is it just about the ability of a character to be dealt a lot of damage and keep fighting? (durability is the term i guess).
yes, the latter! durability and endurance? and we can combine it with mages with best defense as well! be it a spell or their own skin
 
Top