Black Clover Chapter 197 Discussion/198 Predictions

waldoputty

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
next chapter - looks like asta and yuno (licht son soul?) get defeated at least for a while.
would be epic if yami and real licht come storming in together

overall, what an amazingly intricatelh planned story.
devil played them and reincarnated elves to get his body 500 years later.
still waiting to find out why it took so long.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

future issue...
who else has a 4-leaf clover...

Last edited:

Ice King

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
who else has a 4-leaf clover...
Yuno.

Now that we have the confirmation that Licth is a good guy in all respects, I think he will come to the rescue of Asta and Yuno, maybe with Yami and Nozel.

The other fights I imagine will be solved off screen.

Estarossa173

Reaction score
Country
United States
Another great chapter. It’s weird seeing patty fall into despair like this. Also, it does look like his grimoire is being corrupted.

eefrit

What's Up Danger
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Patri looks like he's going to be shifted into a devil, but I wonder if it'll happen this soon. If that theory turns out to be true about his and Julius' and the massacre of the elves, then I wonder if that will be the final push for him.

This chapter brings up even more questions about the reincarnation shenanigans. So it turns out that not only was the devil responsible for the reincarnation spell, both the Magic Emperor and Licht caused it to fail. So when did Licht fall into despair and when did his grimoire become corrupted if it wasn't at that moment? From whom's grimoire did this devil come from if not from Licht's? If this devil sought out Patry in particular, where has he been all of this time before Patry was reincarnated? What is Licht's plan? If we assume that is him who was reincarnated, we know he left Asta with the blade on purpose now, but what is his overall goal if not revenge? Does he know this is the doing of a devil?

Also, Asta and Yuno's power up has me a little worried. That's a rather significant boost, seemingly something that could be considered end game. I hope the devils are just that damn powerful or there is some sort of limiter for both of them.

Last edited:

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Pretty good Chapter,although the entire War between the 2 Races has become obsolete i can't help but feel sorry for the Elves to some extent. It looks like Patri's Four Leaf Clover Grimoire is turning pitch black,symbolizing how he falls more and more into Despair it seems. If he was to turn into a devil as well then they'll have their hands full for sure,which is where it could/would turn into a Team Effort where the Captains would be needed for a final push. Unless the Demon is just intending to change his Grimoire into one that would suit his needs,i can see him take it from him.

Asta and Yuno's attacks failing at first was to be expected,i didn't think the situation would suddenly flip over just because he arrived there. The Devil knows all wits of the Trade though,even mixing actual weapons into his Storm of Blades to keep Asta away from him which i find a bit surprising. I thought Asta holds the Grimoire that he himself created,the Five Leaf Clover Grimoire of Despair? I was under the impression that he'd want to take it back,or perhaps he doesn't have interest in it because it houses Licht's Anti Magic Swords in it which are a threat to him. I honestly wonder what the Aftermath of this Battle will be...:grumble

My Favorite Panels:

What is Licht's plan? If we assume that is him who was reincarnated, we know he left Asta with the blade on purpose now, but what is his overall goal if not revenge? Does he know this is the doing of a devil?
These are good questions,i have been wondering about that too. I thought like Rhya,maybe Licht as well has noticed something amiss back then and perhaps might've predicted where the Elves paths would lead to someday. The Reincarnation Ritual. Rather than having them wreck havoc in the World and screaming for Revenge and Bloodshed he could've left the Blade to Asta because he knows it is the only way to free the Elves of the Reincarnation Magic that binds them to the Human bodies and minds. After all we've seen that most of the Elves seemed like peaceful and friendly people when the Spell got released rather than Revenge driven beasts. So his goal could perhaps be Elf salvation. But that's just my guess.

Rikudou King

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
United States
With his talk about an incarnation, I wonder if the demon's actual reincarnation hasn't happen yet? I love Asta and Yuno's combination attack.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Country
United States
With his talk about an incarnation, I wonder if the demon's actual reincarnation hasn't happen yet? I love Asta and Yuno's combination attack.
devil said his body is incomplete.
it will either get completed before this arc ends or he flees after defeat.
perhaps by bringing in a horde of lesser demons or turning patri into the giant demon.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
A good point about the demon perhaps not yet being reincarnate. He has not moved from his summoning circle, so it is plausible.

So there is a devil inside Asta's grimoire, which was to be expected. Now, how will that affect the story?

So either Yuno is housing Licht's soul, his child's soul, or is his actual son. If he isn't, that still leaves the origins of him and Asta a mystery, especially since Yuno had one of the all-important magic stones on him. (Which also explains how he grew so fast. It was mentioned those stones boost magic power, or something, right? Nice foreshadowing there. His explosive growth now makes total sense. He was wearing the damn thing all his life. Poor Asta was competing with a kid who had an overwhelming advantage even over other magic users. Guess not having magic at all was sort of a blessing in disguise in yet another way)

What really bothers me here is that Asta has anti-magic, is related to the devils in some way, and yet the actual devil does not have anti-magic. That just... bothers me. I really, really want an explanation... to that and so much else. But it does look like we are in for a rather complex flashback sometime in the near future. Because clearly there is a lot that has taken place to reach this point.

A VERY good point another poster made is about Julius saying, "I got to meet a lot of interesting humans." Before that seemed out of place and odd. But given we now have a devil, elves, a half-dwarf and who knows what else lurking, that statement holds a whole new meaning in hindsight. It could be Julius will be a link to yet another new race and the foreshadowing of something new. He even had a very rare Time-based magic. Interesting that he manipulates time while the devil is manipulating space.

Also, that word magic is basically God magic. I don't approve of it at all. If whatever he speaks becomes law, then that is broken beyond anything else. It is even worse than Juha Bach from Bleach. I guess there is a hard limit on what Words become valid, and I guess they are not "Law", just 'wishes". Because thus far it is more like he has a giant mixed bag of tricks he's accumulated, rather than simply giving divine ordenances to the universe, even in a general sense, I mean. Otherwise he would have not needed all those weapons. Still, it is one of those powers that at face value is just terrifying to the point that it must be automatically nerfed. Which is not fun considering how nerfed the Elves got. The light-sword magic for instance should have been game-over for just about everyone but Julius and Yami. Yet has been nerfed to the extent that it seems useless.

One last note: I have noticed that ever since the name was introduced, the personhood of Licht has been claimed by or alluded to Patry, fake-Licht-in-a-crystal, Yuno, and Mr. Deh-vil. At this point everyone is going to be Licht or have something to say about him.

Last edited:

waldoputty

Reaction score
Country
United States
in reddit, several who can read japanese indicated the ms translation is wrong and it is licht's child's soul inside yuno

Ice King

Reaction score
Country
Italy

kael31

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Yuno.

Now that we have the confirmation that Licth is a good guy in all respects, I think he will come to the rescue of Asta and Yuno, maybe with Yami and Nozel.

The other fights I imagine will be solved off screen.
I believe that asta and yuno are children of licht (twin brothers not identical), asta has the swords of licht but the human aspect of tetia and yuno has the elven aspect but the wind powers of tetia.

It would be great to see licht fighting with Asta and yuno.

Last edited:

Ice King

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I believe that asta and yuno are children of licht (twin brothers not identical), asta has the swords of licht but the human aspect of tetia and yuno has the elven aspect but the wind powers of tetia.

It would be great to see licht fighting with Asta and yuno.
However, it would still be necessary to explain how Asta does not know how to use magic.

Furthermore, as stated by the queen, Asta has no ties with the elves, in fact the demon chose it solely because of this characteristic.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Country
United States
A good point about the demon perhaps not yet being reincarnate. He has not moved from his summoning circle, so it is plausible.

So there is a devil inside Asta's grimoire, which was to be expected. Now, how will that affect the story?

So either Yuno is housing Licht's soul, his child's soul, or is his actual son. If he isn't, that still leaves the origins of him and Asta a mystery, especially since Yuno had one of the all-important magic stones on him. (Which also explains how he grew so fast. It was mentioned those stones boost magic power, or something, right? Nice foreshadowing there. His explosive growth now makes total sense. He was wearing the damn thing all his life. Poor Asta was competing with a kid who had an overwhelming advantage even over other magic users. Guess not having magic at all was sort of a blessing in disguise in yet another way)

What really bothers me here is that Asta has anti-magic, is related to the devils in some way, and yet the actual devil does not have anti-magic. That just... bothers me. I really, really want an explanation... to that and so much else. But it does look like we are in for a rather complex flashback sometime in the near future. Because clearly there is a lot that has taken place to reach this point.

A VERY good point another poster made is about Julius saying, "I got to meet a lot of interesting humans." Before that seemed out of place and odd. But given we now have a devil, elves, a half-dwarf and who knows what else lurking, that statement holds a whole new meaning in hindsight. It could be Julius will be a link to yet another new race and the foreshadowing of something new. He even had a very rare Time-based magic. Interesting that he manipulates time while the devil is manipulating space.

Also, that word magic is basically God magic. I don't approve of it at all. If whatever he speaks becomes law, then that is broken beyond anything else. It is even worse than Juha Bach from Bleach. I guess there is a hard limit on what Words become valid, and I guess they are not "Law", just 'wishes". Because thus far it is more like he has a giant mixed bag of tricks he's accumulated, rather than simply giving divine ordenances to the universe, even in a general sense, I mean. Otherwise he would have not needed all those weapons. Still, it is one of those powers that at face value is just terrifying to the point that it must be automatically nerfed. Which is not fun considering how nerfed the Elves got. The light-sword magic for instance should have been game-over for just about everyone but Julius and Yami. Yet has been nerfed to the extent that it seems useless.

One last note: I have noticed that ever since the name was introduced, the personhood of Licht has been claimed by or alluded to Patry, fake-Licht-in-a-crystal, Yuno, and Mr. Deh-vil. At this point everyone is going to be Licht or have something to say about him.
devil .... angel (or some type of guardian)?

Rikudou King

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
United States
devil said his body is incomplete.
it will either get completed before this arc ends or he flees after defeat.
perhaps by bringing in a horde of lesser demons or turning patri into the giant demon.
He went out of his way to push the elves into seeking revenge, even though that didn't seen necessary to his revival. So perhaps this is the means of creating more demons. After all, the first time we saw reincarnation magic with Vetto, we were specifically told a story about a person becoming a demon. And we've seen several examples of the elves growing stronger and more violent due to their desire for revenge.

amit-monsterman999

Reaction score
Country
Canada
the real question is still why this devil chose Asta and found him someone with no magic to begin with.

There is still Nero as well who is hiding I guess he will bring the artillery.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Country
United States
the real question is still why this devil chose Asta and found him someone with no magic to begin with.

There is still Nero as well who is hiding I guess he will bring the artillery.
note that the magic used by the big monster killed by the fwk is much more conventional than the word magic and the anti-magic.
there is currently no 'source' for devil in asta's grimoire if you look at the big monster and the devil in the latest chapter.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
And maybe one other person? Are we certain the witch was speaking about Licht? I mean, that was what we assume, or did it get confirmed somewhere else?

Ice King

Reaction score
Country
Italy
And maybe one other person? Are we certain the witch was speaking about Licht? I mean, that was what we assume, or did it get confirmed somewhere else?
The queen talks about the elf leader and says clearly that Asta owns her swords,

Both Patri and Raia and Licth themselves say that Asta's grimoire was the same as Licth's.

I don't think there are other doubts.

Last edited:

Franckie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
This was another good chapter. Asta and Yuno are working together to bring down the Devil. We should get some development soon too on what exactly is the demon that inhabits Asta's Grimoire. Being in proximity to the current Devil should cause Asta's transformation to further progress into something nastier.