Discussion Black Clover Chapter 306 Spoilers & Discussion

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Black Clover.

Posting Rules
  • Spoiler threads may be locked until confirmed spoilers are available.
  • Anyone who has found spoilers may PM a Local Moderator for that forum or a Global Moderator/Administrator to unlock the Spoiler Pics & Summaries thread.
  • When posting spoilers, please include said spoiler, link to the source and credit them whenever possible(see Formatting Spoilers below); we understand that some spoilers may be posted anonymously.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule
  • MangaHelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters outside of chapter threads. This blockade ends 24 hours after an english Edited Manga is publicly released.
  • With consideration for your fellow members, posting discussion regarding a recently released chapter must be kept within [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags until 24 hours have passed after the chapter's release.
  • Please also be considerate when creating discussion threads during this spoiler time. We ask that any posts made within this period be spoiler tagged and that the thread title not be a dead give away to chapter events. The staff team will adjust these threads if and when needed.
  • For series with no forum, [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags must be used while the 24 hour rule is enforced.
  • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
  • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters on the forum.
  • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released. We've eased up on the rule to allow discussion within spoiler tags, but please be adhere to these. Failure to do so may result in the removal of your post.

Spoiler Pics and Translations
  • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries. Check the thread before posting. Redundant posts will be removed.
  • Please keep in mind that some members have a slow connection or on mobile quota, so if there're several large images, enclose them in spoiler tags for faster rendering of the page.
  • Videos are not a valid form of chapter/ spoilers, please avoid posting those.
  • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
  • Under no circumstance is it acceptable to post or link to full chapters of official scans (Viz, Kondasha, etc) on the forum.

Formatting SpoilersWe ask that proper format is followed, to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience. Ensure you are always providing a link to the source for your spoilers, as well as crediting the original poster where possible.

Example One ( Spoiler Pics):

Source:
Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana

Example Two (Spoiler Text):

Source:
Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

In the case of series that do not have sub-forum please follow the same format, adding [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags:

Source: Mangahelpers
Credit: Ohana

Jhonathan

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So Zenon has his own Asta, cute. While this wasn't what i expected or wanted from Zenon, i wished that he had a parallel to Yuno, like Dante and Vanica had with their enemies, but i din't want the parallel to be this direct, and i didn't want them to have so many similarities in plot.
Wherever it may be cool as a way to explore Asta and Yuno relationship. Like, it's okay to rely and trust someone, but you can't depend on others to live and be good, those are things that should come from yourself.

Last edited:

Vortigern

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Last week's chapter was very basic but this one more than makes up for it. Zenon was always the most mysterious member of the Triad so if any of them deserved a flashback it was him. The fact that his current personality stems from a traumatic event in his childhood gives him a chance at redemption unlike his siblings who seem to be entirely evil. Alternatively Tabata could have him die anyway to illustrate the dangers of making a deal with the devil(especially since he seems to be asking for even more power), but personally I believe Nacht is a much better candidate to pay the price for the Faustian bargain considering Tabata named his family after the character of Faust. Not that I particularly want Zenon to survive, but the option is there.

In addition to Zenon himself, the flashback also serves to flesh out the kingdom as a whole, but unfortunately there don't seem to be any mentions of the timeline. Something that I've always found suspicious is that all of the Triad had their ages listed as "-" in their character profiles. If there's nothing surprising about their ages, why hide them? For all we know this flashback could have taken place a long time ago, which could be relevant to this new character. Tabata is drawing some heavy parallels between Asta&Yuno and Allen&Zenon. Not only does Allen look a lot like Asta, but him saving Zenon from the bullies and inspiring Zenon to become the main captain of the magic defense are also very similar to what happened between Asta and Yuno. Even the magic Allen uses involves him wielding a large sword. If not for the fact that he gets killed he would be a very strong candidate to be Asta's father or some other ancestor. Or perhaps he still is despite getting killed, since we are dealing with a series about magic here after all. I guess the goal of the parallel could be to illustrate that if Yuno didn't have Asta in his life he would have gone down the same path as Zenon and turned into an edgelord? Asta almost died in the dungeon arc and apparently this devil was found in a dungeon too, so that scenario was close to coming true.

For me, the highlight of the chapter is the new Zogratis sibling who seems to be the oldest of the bunch. He says that Zenon, like him, has more talent for devil possession than Dante or Vanica. Could he be the host of the time devil, since Vanica had to settle for a devil outside of the top 3 for some reason? If Tabata is keeping the ages of the Triad a secret because they're actually much older than they appear, then the time devil's magic could play a role in that. Another reason why I'm excited about the introduction of the 4th Zogratis member is because back when the Triad's magics were revealed I was actually expecting to see nerve magic instead of blood magic. The Witch Queen already had blood magic so it seemed like a missed opportunity to go for something different that still matched the theme, but this new character opens up the possibility of nerve magic making an appearance anyway. To me it's very suspicious that the eldest sibling was the best suited for devil possession and yet we've never seen or heard about him so far. It wouldn't surprise me if it turned out that he has been the one pulling the strings behind the scenes this entire time, which would be a very fitting role for a nerve magic user. Not sure why he would be in a wheelchair though since paralysis is usually a nerve issue, but I guess he could have just lost his legs in battle or something. Of course it's possible that this guy is already dead or has a completely different type of magic, but a man can hope.

Franz

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Italy
There. Let alone if Zenon
couldn't have the tearful story with a sweetheart ...

Kurumi Tokisaki

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
So Highest members might Bezzlebub, Belial and Lucifero? Or Vanica's devil part of the three?

Inuhanyou123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure if zenon is being shown with such a past both vanica and dante both share similar trauma to be taken over as devil's. People just being evil isn't really tabatas style most of the time

Super Angillis

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
United States
So Highest members might Bezzlebub, Belial and Lucifero? Or Vanica's devil part of the three?
Not clear. We've also got Lucifugus, from Nacht's past who was described as a time/space/gravity controlling devil IIRC? Or at least a powerful one. We know the lower in the underworld and the tree of Qlipphoth they are the stronger, but every level has high ranking devils that rule it, so we've got a bunch of options there too.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Finally some insight into the triad. Something ive been waiting for since their introduction.
An interesting parallel between Zenon and his friend, and Yuno and Asta. Im guessing Tabata wants to show how Asta and Yuno would look like if their dreams would have failed, or something similar .... basically tragic "Yuno" and "Asta".

And did i see this right. Is there actually another Zogratis sibling??? The wheelchair guy .... Another potential villain alongside Morris?
While the last chapter was kinda boring, this chapter really piqued my interest.

Inuhanyou123

Reaction score
Country
United States
I want to see vanicas past. Becoming a yandere seems like it has quite the potential backstory

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
In addition to Zenon himself, the flashback also serves to flesh out the kingdom as a whole, but unfortunately there don't seem to be any mentions of the timeline. Something that I've always found suspicious is that all of the Triad had their ages listed as "-" in their character profiles. If there's nothing surprising about their ages, why hide them? For all we know this flashback could have taken place a long time ago, which could be relevant to this new character.
There definitely seems like something is up with the timeline. None of them appear to have changed despite a little over a decade passing since they took over. Now this could just be artistic error, but the whole timeline involving the devils seems strange, so who knows.

Not fully confirmed, but it's highly likely that Megicula isn't in the top three - her curse magic doesn't fit with what we were told of the magics of the top three.

I'm pretty sure if zenon is being shown with such a past both vanica and dante both share similar trauma to be taken over as devil's. People just being evil isn't really tabatas style most of the time
I doubt it. Both Dante and Vanica have been shown as psychos who enjoy doing the things they do, while Zenon showed no enjoyment, just focus.We saw Dante's backstory, and his reasoning was out of boredom. Vanica's comments imply similar. Plus, if we were gonna get more on them, it probably would have been done before their defeat.

BD_Beno

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ah, when your life flashes before your eyes :heh and there's the explanation to Zenon's resemblance to Yuno. Interesting that the translation called him an anti-hero 🤔

One thing about this fight that bothers me is Zenon not using portals to defend against Yuno's attacks... We saw him use it when he took Yami.

blindjustice

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I guess this sob story being set up for Zenon so he would eventually turn good or may be sacrifice himself at a later stage? I hope we dont go that route. A single sad event in his life does not excuse all he has done so far.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

One thing about this fight that bothers me is Zenon not using portals to defend against Yuno's attacks... We saw him use it when he took Yami.
Yeah I was thinking about this as well. For a master of space, redirecting that arrow shouldn't be too hard.

Inuhanyou123

Reaction score
Country
United States
There definitely seems like something is up with the timeline. None of them appear to have changed despite a little over a decade passing since they took over. Now this could just be artistic error, but the whole timeline involving the devils seems strange, so who knows.

Not fully confirmed, but it's highly likely that Megicula isn't in the top three - her curse magic doesn't fit with what we were told of the magics of the top three.

I doubt it. Both Dante and Vanica have been shown as psychos who enjoy doing the things they do, while Zenon showed no enjoyment, just focus.We saw Dante's backstory, and his reasoning was out of boredom. Vanica's comments imply similar. Plus, if we were gonna get more on them, it probably would have been done before their defeat.
I mean did they die? If they were just captured i think it's possible, and as children clearly they were not shown as particularly sadistic or masochistic so when we are dealing with devils devils influence on the weak hearted is also important to recognize

I guess this sob story being set up for Zenon so he would eventually turn good or may be sacrifice himself at a later stage? I hope we dont go that route. A single sad event in his life does not excuse all he has done so far.
True, but black clover is a series where people are not usually irredeemable. The entire elf arc was a circumstance of this. Especially when it's humans lured by devil's whom outside of liebe are portrayed as inherently evil

Cerclox

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica
Damn this chapter looks great, I love the parallel with Zenon and Allen thats the same with Asta and Yuno but if everything went wrong, and seeing a 4th Zogratis brother thats a big surprise, and it seems he's the one that introduced his youngers siblings to the demons and he show them how to make the contracts.

Zenon at first tells his brother that he's not interested in being a devil possessed but later when a Devil that was supposed to be sealed goes wild and Zenon kills his best friend to save everyone, he realizes that he needs power so he returns to his brother to make a contract, this makes me think maybe his brother unsealed that devil just for Zenon to go through that chaos knowing he will return back to him, a lot of mystery right now, I'm looking forward to the next chapters!

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I mean did they die? If they were just captured i think it's possible, and as children clearly they were not shown as particularly sadistic or masochistic so when we are dealing with devils devils influence on the weak hearted is also important to recognize
Unknown - Last we saw Dante was mutating and fighting Jack, and Vanica was alive but completely taken over, without any sign of healing. Dante was shown randomly killing a creature out of boredom in his flashback when younger, and specifically mentioned doing the things he did back then out of malice. The thing is, we haven't seen any indication that devils can influence their host mentally. Nor would it really work with them - Megicula was shown reigning Vanica in and keeping her from going all out in her violence, and both her and Lucifero appear, while evil, much more reserve then their hosts in their evil. So I don't see any of the Triad being given the excuse of being possessed as a get out of jail free card... Patolli was manipulated by Zegred, but that didn't have any of the characters think his actions were any less evil, and the only person willing to forgive him was Licht.

animeangryfan4

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
so...Zeonon actually got a backstory that explans at least why HE is mad? Gotta say, when I saw that other guys picture I asked myself, is this Astas Father? but then he died so I said, nope.
But this flashback does show the deeper paralles between Yuno and Zenon, both having a rival and friend (?) only for Zenon to lose that and give into despair and then becoming seriosu and sadisitc because he never wanted to lose or feel helpless again (at least thats what I assumed)
is the end of the chapter the implication that he gives his body to his Devil? that way the fight may seem to continue, and either Yuno will awaken the Elf Power again (yes, i do not belive its fully gone) or something else happens.
Or has teh flashback jsut shown that Zenon was the only fo the Dark Triads that had emotions?

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
so...Zeonon actually got a backstory that explans at least why HE is mad? Gotta say, when I saw that other guys picture I asked myself, is this Astas Father? but then he died so I said, nope.
But this flashback does show the deeper paralles between Yuno and Zenon, both having a rival and friend (?) only for Zenon to lose that and give into despair and then becoming seriosu and sadisitc because he never wanted to lose or feel helpless again (at least thats what I assumed)
is the end of the chapter the implication that he gives his body to his Devil? that way the fight may seem to continue, and either Yuno will awaken the Elf Power again (yes, i do not belive its fully gone) or something else happens.
Or has teh flashback jsut shown that Zenon was the only fo the Dark Triads that had emotions?
It would be cool if he still had the elf powers since it was so heavily implied he’s the reincarnation of their son. Mainly, I’m waiting for his Saint form at this point since demons have such an obvious weakness. Zenon needs to survive long enough for us to see what his Spring wind weapon will be. Sword, pole ax, bow…maybe an actual axe instead of a spear version.