Hangout - Black Clover Hangout Thread | Page 45 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Black Clover Hangout Thread

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
...I'm just...so close to start ripping into this series, so very close. But I'll hold my tongue for now.

Humor was decent this chapter though. Some commented that this series would have been better as a gag series that doesn't take itself to seriously. I would agree with that.

Aonori

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
...I'm just...so close to start ripping into this series, so very close. But I'll hold my tongue for now.

Humor was decent this chapter though. Some commented that this series would have been better as a gag series that doesn't take itself to seriously. I would agree with that.
I'm dropping it now.

Last edited:

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
What's this? The fight didn't end simply? Asta's incredibly broken ability didn't wipe out someone who was clearly more experienced than him? Looks like things are changing up...Oh wait, Asta has an "Evil" Form. Damn, can't believe I forgot about that commonly used trope.

Anyway, the color page was nice. The art could be good if it wanted to be, it just lacks dynamic composition. It's boring.

Eiryuu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm dying of laughter the information for the anime was 'we're making progress, nothing else can be announced yet'. But the CP was amazing and I am looking forward to seeing what the Queen Witch did to Asta, but his demon seems to be having some kind of influence due to his slitted pupil. But not gonna get my hopes up, not expecting anything big yet reveal wise as it's too early for that.

But again, this is nothing special - just looking forward to something new in this series battle wise for Asta. Also somewhat disappointed that he may be the decendant of someone special.

KageTrigger

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I feel like Yuno might be the one descended from someone special before, not too enthusiastic about Asta possibly being the same. But I do feel it was hinted to kind of, or at least predictable. Both Asta and Yuno are orphans and both are very special/unique. Them being orphans left me thinking they must be related to some powerful or special people, and that it will probably be revealed later on.

I prefer that it was the Witch Queen that triggered Asta's tranformation, even tho its still kinda the cliche unconscious transformation, at least it was unlocked by by someone else. This may be my least favorite arc, but hopefully this transformation will lead to us learning more about Asta's grimoire.

PeanutButterJelly

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I read the published chapters in a day(~94) XD

As a manga it's fine,but the some characters (mainly Asta) progress too fast for my taste,but I must say, I enjoy how the author puts emphasis on teamwork and how everyone can have a meaningful role.

escoxking

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
the art work is cool

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Would you guys recommend this manga or is it still too cliche? (that's what I heard a couple weeks after its debut)

KageTrigger

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Would you guys recommend this manga or is it still too cliche? (that's what I heard a couple weeks after its debut)
It is cliche, but I will always recommend that someone try to judge for themselves. There are far too many people who bandwagon and hate on a series simply because others do. So I'd say try it and make your own opinion, its at least worth the try imo.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Just started reading Black Clover. I feel like Asta is going to be one of the strongest characters in a physical sense, because while everyone else was honing their magic, he was honing his body. Also the whole five leaf clover anti magic is really cool!

Knight of Stalwart Heart

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Anyone has any ideas as for why this manga is named Black Clover? It looks like the name has to do with the dark history of the Clover kingdom which seems to be what is being suggested that the kingdom has as of now.Or it's named after Asta's powers.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Anyone has any ideas as for why this manga is named Black Clover? It looks like the name has to do with the dark history of the Clover kingdom which seems to be what is being suggested that the kingdom has as of now.Or it's named after Asta's powers.
It's named after the Grimoire that Aster has. The 5 Leaf Clover, or the "Black Clover".

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Which shounen do you like the most? Which ongoing Manga is your most favorite? The most anticipated event of MangaHelpers is coming! The Manga Awards 2017 will be held soon. Be sure to join us! :confetti

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

Are you a betting man/woman? Do you like to dance with Lady(or Sir) Luck?

Then come on over to the 2017 Manga Awards Betting Game and test you chances. Guess which series will take home the most awards and win a little something to show of your excellent prediction skills.

smokeesid

Reaction score
Country
India
The execution is interesting. You don't compare this manga with any other while you are reading it. And even after that.

The pace in this manga is remarkable.

Knight of Stalwart Heart

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I like how Tabata gets inspired by even funny antics of characters from other manga.

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay

Manga awards 2017 Have begun :confetti Be sure to nominate your favorite manga(s) !!:cheerbunny

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

The 2017 Manga Awards Semifinals are underway :blai

Eiryuu

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Viz media is having their own Character Poll, be sure to vote here!

Who do you think will win? I am guessing Yami ~

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Eh, went with Yami. No one else stands out like he does. The others characters I like don't have enough screentime to warrant a vote.