Contest Manga Awards Prediction Game

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Welcome to the 2017 Manga Awards Betting Game!


​

To supplement the Manga Awards there will be a Prediction Game. Which manga will dominate the awards? How many awards will they take home? For any member who can foresee how the forum will vote, likes to play the guessing game, or is keen for a punt, then this game is for you.

The lucky winner will earn a badge for their efforts :celebrate

Game Rules
  • Bid by selecting a manga you believe will win the most awards and nominate the number of wins. Example: Naruto (7 awards)
  • Place bids in this thread only.
  • Only one bid per member.
  • Once a bid is placed the same bid cannot be made thereafter.
  • In the event that 2 or more manga win the same amount of awards, the first bid made will win the game.


Bidding time will be over when the nomination rounds start on March 17th, 2017.

Place your bets!!!

Berserk (7 wins) - @xi0
Boku no Hero Academia (3 wins) - @Asia Run
Boku no Hero Academia (5 wins) - @Darky
Boku no Hero Academia (6 wins) - @SirSamuel016
Boku no Hero Academia (7 wins) - @Demonspeed
Boku no Hero Academia (8 wins) - @Belserion
Boku no Hero Academia (9 wins) - @Agent Phrank
Boku no Hero Academia (10 wins) - @eefrit
Fairy Tail (3 wins) - @Sky
Fairy Tail (5 wins) - @Holt
Fairy Tail (6 wins) - @Organizized
Fairy Tail (7 wins) - @Atomicus
Fairy Tail (20 wins) - @Gallon
Nanatsu no Taizai (5 wins) - @Akainu
One Piece (4 wins) - @goldb
Prison School (1 win) - @Doughboy
Yakusoku no Neverland (2 wins) - @Brandish
Yakusoku no Neverland (4 wins) - @Battou
Yakusoku no Neverland (5 wins) - @A.ulq
Yakusoku no Neverland (6 wins) - @Vici
Yakusoku no Neverland (7 wins) - @Erinyes
Yakusoku no Neverland (8 wins) - @WithYouInSpirit
Yakusoku no Neverland (10 wins) - @#Se7en
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
Betting on Boku no Hero Academia as well, but with 7 awards.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@Belserion you traitor !!! :chair weren't you supposed to support your new baby ♥ !!!


Says the one who ditched HxH.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,074
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
@Belserion oh great, Belse-chan !


@Demonspeed I haven't at all, i had unfortunately to choose only 1, and really hesitated and I eventually choosed Neverland because I was utterly convinced you'l lkindly nominate HxH... but wait... why demon-kun :pout !?


but what have you done demoooooooooooooooooon !!!!!!! why !? Academia boy has already 3 nominations it's so wroooooong !


So disappointed in you !! :hmph

 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
@Belserion oh great, Belse-chan !


@Demonspeed I haven't at all, i had unfortunately to choose only 1, and really hesitated and I eventually choosed Neverland because I was utterly convinced you'l lkindly nominate HxH... but wait... why demon-kun :pout !?


but what have you done demoooooooooooooooooon !!!!!!! why !? Academia boy has already 3 nominations it's so wroooooong !


So disappointed in you !! :hmph


This is a betting game, as much as I love HxH I am unable to believe that it could win more awards than all the others especially with the hiatuses. But it's still the #1 in my heart and I doubt it's the same for you :feelsbadman.
 

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
3,186
Reaction score
5,328
Gender
Male
Country
France
I'll bet on Boku no Hero Academia with 5 wins
PS:What's the prize?:kappa
 
Last edited:

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,639
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
If everything is right in the world then My Hero Academia should get a decent amount (6 or so). Sadly I think popularity will play a factor and we'll see FT steal some. I can also see Yakusoko no Neverland pulling in 4.
 
Last edited:

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
So I thought I'd share a few personal predictions here so that I can get a feel for which categories are only including manga that began serialization in 2016:
Best New Manga 2016: Yakusoku no Neverland (There is absolutely no doubt that Neverland will take this).
Best Seinen 2016: Youjo Senki
Best Shounen 2016: Yakusoku no Neverland
Best Chapter of 2016: Tokyo Ghoul:re 83 - I Heard The Sound of The Gate Closing
Best Full Cast of 2016: Yakusoku no Neverland
Best Major Female Character of 2016: Tanya - Youjo Senki
Best Major Male Character of 2016: Ray - Yakusoku no Neverland
Best Minor Female Character of 2016: Sister Krone - Yakusoku no Neverland
Best Minor Male Character of 2016: -
Best Villain of 2016: Isabella - Yakusoku no Neverland / Souta Furuta - Tokyo Ghoul:re
Best Battle of 2016: Kaneki vs Arima - Tokyo Ghoul:re
Best Couple of 2016: -
Best Shoujo/Josei Manga of 2016: -
Best Artwork of 2016: Tokyo Ghoul:re / Yakusoku no Neverland
Best Plot Twist of 2016: The reveal of the One Eyed King - Tokyo Ghoul:re
Best Page of 2016: Kaneki's reunion with Amon - Tokyo Ghoul:re
Best Mangaka of 2016: Ishida Sui
Best Writing of 2016: Ishida Sui
Best Manga of All-Time: Fullmetal Alchemist
Best Character Backstory of All-Time: Artoria Pendragon (Saber) - Fate Series

If I'm allowed, I'm actually going to revise my bet, since BnHA probably won't be eligible for most categories.
My new bet is on:

Yakusoku no Neverland (8 Awards)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I'll go outside the box and vote Prison School 1 award (Best Seinen) because sometimes plot overcomes plot. But for predictions obviously FT, MHA, Neverland gonna rack up most of the awards, no One Piece nominations is surprising. Lastly, Best Plot Twist of 2016 should go to Bleach 686 because I still I have no idea how Ichigo and Orhiwhateverhername ended up together.
 
Top