Contest Manga Awards Prediction Game

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
So for those that placed (realistic) bids, what categories did you see your nominees winning? For me, I had:

Best Mangaka, Best Shounen, Best Writing and Best Full Cast. Best Minor Female Character was a real surprise for me. Go Reiju!
As a fellow realistic bidder, I'll have to say I expected my nominees to win in... uhm... all of them, but especially the following:
  • Best Writing - pretty obvious, given Mashima's reputation. I can't even see how other nominations would even come close.
  • Best Minor Female Character - is there even any explanation required? Wendy's arguably the best character written in decades!
  • Best New Manga - because seeing how bad- err, good- it is never gets old.

Jokes aside, I really expected One Piece to win Best Writing. I don't feel like it should have had any competition to begin with, but oh well.

#minksquad
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,718
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
So for those that placed (realistic) bids, what categories did you see your nominees winning?
For BnHA, I had:
- Best Couple (Todokori X Momo)
- Best Villain (All For One)
- Best Writing
- Best Battle (All Might vs All For One)
- Best Page (United States of Smash)
- Best Chapter
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,677
Reaction score
61,378
Gender
Male
Country
France
Surprised and disappointed that NNT didn't win anything...
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Surprised and disappointed that NNT didn't win anything...
I'm slightly disappointed but not surprised. There's barely any member from there who participates in events outside the section, and even so, they're still lesser in number than fans of other series.
In a year or two maybe. :(
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Surprised and disappointed that NNT didn't win anything...
I'm slightly disappointed but not surprised. There's barely any member from there who participates in events outside the section, and even so, they're still lesser in number than fans of other series.
In a year or two maybe. :(
Yes, definitely disappointing. For the majority of series, it depends on what sort of fanbase it has; especially when it's not been a longstanding series. For example look at newer running series like BnHA or even Neverland that received a lot of support, compare that longstanding series like Gintama, OP, HxH, Vinland, etc that still receive support but it's based more on their continuous quality rather that the number of supporters.

I guess Nanatsu's readers here just weren't vocal enough in their support.

I'm actually surprised FT didn't get anything in the end, considering it has the strength in numbers but I think even they recognise that when put into the mix against other series, it doesn't stand a chance of being "Best" in most of these categories.
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,194
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Oh, How did I get it right? What a lucky bet :XD:XD
Well, I did expect BnH would win some categories, but the couple TodorokixMomo was a surprise. I thought it would win best writing or something like that.
 
Last edited:
Top