Blessed are the Dumbfucks

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Did you have Coffee? Coffee in Rome is :swoon
It's definitely the thing I miss the most. I think I drank three times as many cups a day as I normally do . Even though I like Swedish coffee (especially compared to many other places) it just doesn't compare. Even the damn instant coffee at the hotel room was fairly good (!!), and I've never used the words "instant coffee" and "good" in the same sentence before in my life. Gonna try to find some Italian blends to buy from now on, maybe at least come somewhat close to the same taste.

I also learned that while a cappuccino in the morning is highly encouraged, Italians will look at you funny and maybe even refuse to serve it to you if you order it any time after lunch. Saw it happen to some other tourists and had to google it. Apparently Italians are very careful about digestion..
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
It's definitely the thing I miss the most. I think I drank three times as many cups a day as I normally do . Even though I like Swedish coffee (especially compared to many other places) it just doesn't compare. Even the damn instant coffee at the hotel room was fairly good (!!), and I've never used the words "instant coffee" and "good" in the same sentence before in my life. Gonna try to find some Italian blends to buy from now on, maybe at least come somewhat close to the same taste.

I also learned that while a cappuccino in the morning is highly encouraged, Italians will look at you funny and maybe even refuse to serve it to you if you order it any time after lunch. Saw it happen to some other tourists and had to google it. Apparently Italians are very careful about digestion..
I buy either the South American stuff or the Italian in organic bulk. One small bag lasts me 3 months or so.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Hey, Orgz, did you know that My Neighbor, Totoro had a sequel? I didn't.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Hey, Orgz, did you know that My Neighbor, Totoro had a sequel? I didn't.
I did actually, and I've seen it (a cam version) although that was long ago. Made a point of watching as many of the Ghibli Museum shorts as I could find back then. Perhaps I should see if there are any more bootlegs out there now.. :ninja

The short itself is great. Cute and delightful. :nod

Man I wish I could go to the Ghibli Museum. When my son grows up as an anime lover I'll take him there for sure.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Custom title! :hip


It was between that, “Space Cowboy” or just plain “The Swedish Guy”. :XD But since I kinda got it for being a rabid One Piece enthusiast I felt it should be related to that. So it became a “double reference” plus a nod to my Viking heritage. <_>
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia


It was between that, “Space Cowboy” or just plain “The Swedish Guy”. :XD But since I kinda got it for being a rabid One Piece enthusiast I felt it should be related to that. So it became a “double reference” plus a nod to my Viking heritage. <_>
What was it awarded for? I've been a little out of touch on MH
 

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I did actually, and I've seen it (a cam version) although that was long ago. Made a point of watching as many of the Ghibli Museum shorts as I could find back then. Perhaps I should see if there are any more bootlegs out there now.. :ninja

The short itself is great. Cute and delightful. :nod

Man I wish I could go to the Ghibli Museum. When my son grows up as an anime lover I'll take him there for sure.
You have a kid?
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
We’ll see about that. Wouldn’t be surprised if he picks it up ten years from now and it still isn’t finished... :p
You'll look like Geralt before that series ends Orgz.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Considering how Oda seems to be a slight pervert, who knows. :XD Funny that he’s said that the ending has been planned out from the very start in that case. Going around for twenty years thinking “can’t wait to draw that ending orgy though, getting sick of all these fights and adventures, sigh”.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Hi man, how's life with the 2yr old? Breaking stuff yet? ;)
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Hi man, how's life with the 2yr old? Breaking stuff yet? ;)
Hey, great to see you on the forum! :tem Well... yeah. He’s quite lively, but mostly in a good way. So if he breaks stuff it’s because he’s having too much fun with it, not in a tantrum or anything. :sweat
I’ve sort of had to take the role of single parent the last month though, since my wife has been constantly rehearsing for two different shows outside of work (one is over now, but it’ll still be every day-rehearsals with the bigger musical until Jan 5) so he’s more than a little “mammig” at the moment.. so that’s a little tiring. But other than that life’s great!

What about you? On Facebook your life as a tvåbarnspappa looks pretty great as well. :amuse. The kids are super cute btw! Back in politics too, it seems?
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Well yeah, figured I'd stop by once every two years or so ;-)

Glad to hear, this is the time when shit starts to happen. It's crazy when I think about the development my oldest kid has had the last year alone. And I know the feeling of running a "single parent" routine as my wife has been sick for some years so when she has her bad periods I'm handling the kids myself, and even if it's a bit rough it's still great with the kids. I mean, didn't know what life could be like before we got kids and now we can't imagine life without 'em :)

Good to hear it's going well for her as well. How's it with you? You're taking a little break until she's done with her shows? I believe I saw that you had some show not too long ago but maybe it's just me distorting the timeline called life..

I'm back in politics but only on local level, don't have time or energy for more so I'm helping the local organisation grow a little bit, but apart from that it's a lot of work lately. We've partnered up with Huawei so I manage their customer service department for the Nordic market now and while they're a fantastic company to work with it's soooo much to do T_T So I guess it's high tempo but it's all good.
 
Top