Shounen - Boruto by Ukyō Karachi and Mikio Ikemoto | Page 18 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Boruto by Ukyō Karachi and Mikio Ikemoto

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Delta having more bodies just makes the drawn out fight more meaningless... But it's nice that the plot is moving forward. I do wonder how much time has past, and if Not!Jiraiya is still hanging around, cause him hiding for weeks would be really weird.

mangah

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Iran
Finally , Sasuke is back and with him , the story moving forward ....

Look like Sasuke finally found the source of their ancestors source ....

And the new guy is just like sage of six path and even stronger than momusuki and kaguya ...

Kishimoto start his new manga ....Samurai 8 .....

1337 haxor

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well...
Finally , Sasuke is back and with him , the story moving forward ....

Look like Sasuke finally found the source of their ancestors source ....

And the new guy is just like sage of six path and even stronger than momusuki and kaguya ...

Kishimoto start his new manga ....Samurai 8 .....
Source?
Lmao, there is another ten-tails.

Last edited:

1337 haxor

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well...

Kara has a ten-tails in storage and they need to bring a vessel to It.

What are they even planning to do? I guess they want access to the Otsutsuki's source of power but what the hell that even is?

On top of everything, how did Jigen even got his karma anyway?

jaymizzo

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you don't laugh... You'll cry.

1337 haxor

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well...

Seems that Jigen's karma comes from the unknown Otsutsuki in this chapter, he was supposed to come with Kaguya but somehow was killed or maybe he is this new ten-tails. How either happened is a mistery.

All that we can conclude is that Jigen is ancient and OP enough to scare Sasuke.

Kara might do in Naruto and Sasuke from what this chapter indicates.

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Suppose Jigen is the host of that Otsutsuki that was supposed to come with Kaguya, or more like he is the Otsutsuki that was supposed to come with her and somehow ended up using a human body as a vessel... Okay I can somehow understand this. Although, still doesn't explain how the Jyuubi fits in here, since in Naruto Jyuubi was basically just Kaguya

That's fine and all, still not sure why this would make Jigen uber super strong than say any Otsutsuki that Naruto/Sasuke had faced so far

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Another Juubi seems random, but I suppose it was already established that a Bijuu's chakra could be "split" to recreate the Bijuu. So this would likely be the original, and the previous one the copy born from it's stolen chakra I guess. I don't know how I feel about Jigen being an Otsutsuki, but given the possible paths we could have gone down, I guess that would at least justify him supposedly being on Naruto and Sasuke's level, though still doesn't explain his absence. I'm real curious how one would "map" coordinates involving space-time teleportation...

JOA20

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I don't really know how to feel about the latest chapter. Another Ten-Tails out of the blue sounds too random, though it might be more of a offspring (it looks just like the Ten-Tails' immature form that first appeared when Obito revived it). Maybe Jigen somehow recovered the Demonic Statue's arm that was warped away by Kakashi's Kamui when Madara summoned it outside of Obito's body, and then used some chakra fragments of the nine tailed beasts to revive the Ten-Tails (it's been at least a decade since then, that'd explain why the Ten-Tails has yet to reach its "final" form).
Jigen being another Otsutsuki isn't really my cup of tea, but whatever.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
I'm a bit torn on the new Chapter if i'm honest,on one side i did like that we got to see Sasuke again as well as Boruto accepting Kawaki as his "Brother", not just because this is where their characters begin to have a chemistry together but also because we know that at some point or another this will all break apart and the 2 of them will have to fight each other. Now on the other hand i did not think and actually not want Jigen to be one of the Otsutsuki's as well,then again there had been signs pointing towards him being one before. Faint ones,but they were there for me. This whole Karma-Spiel might be a lot more complex and wired than i gave it credit for at first,since it is now connected to the Bijuu as well. Jigen having come to Earth alongside Kaguya is something i don't quite get because Momoshiki and Kinshiki never mentioned anything about him before while they claimed that Kaguya's Mission was to create the Chakra Fruit on Earth and bring it to the Clan. Would have liked to see his Real Form but i guess we'll get to see that soon enough,he said he wants to go "greet" the 2 Vessels so i guess we're in for Jigen paying the Leaf Village a visit or just meeting Boruto/Kawaki now. Perhaps this is where the Author wants to show that Naruto is really not capable of taking Jigen down? I don't know,but we'll see.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
There was no other option
If Jigen was uber strong and not Otsutsuki, then it would be a massive asspull. How could someone strong with freaking ninja tech ahead of others go unnoticed for this much time ? Him being Otsutsuki is convenient as there isn't a single being that can outclass Naruto/Sasuke other than Otsutsukis at this stage, so this makes sense to me a bit.

Jyuubi not sure what to make of it, because we were told Jyuubi is fucking Kaguya after she merged with the tree. Now can any Otsutsuki become a Jyuubi by merging with a God Tree ?

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Now can any Otsutsuki become a Jyuubi by merging with a God Tree ?
They might have experimented with remnants of the Bijuu Chakras and Hagoromo/Rikudou Sennin's Creation of All Things-Technique to create a Juubi of their own. That's just a guess though,if Jigen came to Earth together with Kaguya then he witnessed a lot of things throughout this Ninja History including Hagoromo and his Brother sealing their Mother,Kaguya becoming the Juubi etc.

Ephesos

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Maybe the 4th Otsutsuki is that new Jyuubi, and Jigen is something else.
Maybe he started looking like the 4th Otsutsuki just because he abosrbed a portion of his chakra. A bit like Naruto's fox or Gara's tanuki, but this time with the mind of the 4th Otsutsuki intact, since that's a ten tails.

The karma thing looks like a jutsu that can be used to host the ten tails chakra... maybe without having to be a descendant of the Otsutsuki and without having to fight with the monster for control, like naruto and the others had to. Basically chakra enslavement...

Anyway, I'm bored with the manga sequel, the villains are not interesting anymore..

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I think Karma is some sort of shit that allows Otsutsukis to reincarnate somehow
Jigen has a Karma, he must have received it from the fourth Otsutsuki. In the previous chapter, they showed Momoshiki with Boruto with the term "my vessel", it can only mean that Karma allows the Otsutsukis to reincarnate imo

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Ahh as I suspected when Kawaki's body was said to be all ninja tech, unseen and advance. I thought of Six Paths robot, possessed great tech that the Narutoverse is now dabbling with.

Otuusutki,s moving in pairs and Jigen is Kaguyas pair is fine. But his motives and master plan have to make sense as to why he was been hiding for so long. After kaguya was woken up and moshiki & kinshiki return

As for this xtra Bijuu. Only confusion is, Juubi's are suppose to be Otsutuski who have merged with a planet's God's tree. Kaguya only turned into the Juubi to take the chakra her son's were born with. Her chakra is the current 9 tails and a portion of the population. So that shouldn't be Kaguya revived in anyway.

I like it this chapter it Adds Otsutsuki lore and makes Jigen that much more of a threat. Now we can take him to be a real bad ass that can take out Naruto & Sasuke

KiSwordsman

Reaction score
Country
United States
Naruto is canonically the fastest non-teleporter in the world, with the reflexes and senses to dodge other ninjas noted for their speed. You can't just suddenly introduce a person on par with him. As for Boruto's Karma granting him durability, perhaps, but that still doesn't excuse the situation when Naruto should have greater durability and regeneration, yet was still shown injured.
Moegi suddenly has wood release. Now, don’t get me wrong, that’s not an excuse on any level. But any level of hope for consistency with the previous story, for me, was lost with that.

Last edited:

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I actually liked this chapter. Jigen being related to the jubi and to the Otsutsuki makes sense to me as well, as there was no other way to justify the introduction of new foes so strong out of the blue. However, I still remember how badly Kaguya ruined the manga. Kishimoto really had a mental breakdown at the time, and he suddenly replaced Madara and Obito (introduced so long ago in the story) with a new character nobody cared about, just to defeat her in 4 volumes :fail :-_- . Furthermore, I hoped for the explanation of the Kaguya clan (you remember Kimimaro? Orochimaru's favorite subordinate), but Kishimoto most likely just went numb, I've lost all hopes and expectation for him, I'm not interested in his new storie at all.

As for the Kara dude resembling Jiraiya, I think he's actually looking for someone who can oppose Jigen, that's why Jigen and the old scientists made those comments in the previous chapter. After all, he's too interesting as a character to be left in Kara instead of making him switch side. ;)

Last edited:

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Moegi suddenly has wood release. Now, don’t get me wrong, that’s not an excuse on any level. But any level of hope for consistency with the previous story, for me, was lost with that.
True, I could be expecting a little much, but you would at least think they would keep the original MC in a league of his own by just not involving him. They were doing so well before this by having Naruto be busy and simply focusing on the new generation.

KiSwordsman

Reaction score
Country
United States
True, I could be expecting a little much, but you would at least think they would keep the original MC in a league of his own by just not involving him. They were doing so well before this by having Naruto be busy and simply focusing on the new generation.
Absolutely not. You are not expecting too much. You are expecting exactly what is to be expected of a sequel series, regardless of whether or not the main character from the previous series is the main character in this one. Just some form of consistency.

I’m just distanced enough from that one aspect of it to just not care about the franchise as a whole anymore. However, that’s on me.