Shounen Chagecha by Yoshio Sawai

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
true, but this is comedy/action for one, and for another.......... tiger mask!
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Considering that there is a linear plot in Chagecha, spoilers would be appropriate if popular enough. (well there was one in Bo-bobo too...but it took a while for it to form as I've seen first hand...I mean it was there but there were some points early on where the whole chapter was just a bunch of weird stuff)


New Chapter, New Translation:

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1064354

Sawai just impresses me more by the week, that's all I can say.
 
Last edited:

Oni_James

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
858
Reaction score
190
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Catalonia
the series are getting greater each week that passes ^^
we've seen again that from his wild nature, Usagi has to do dangerous things XD but some real battles are near, sure that Chagecha won't be de only one who fights
PS: i expect Masoto learns how to fight and won't be the "Beauty-from-bobobo-man" in the series -.-
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
the series are getting greater each week that passes ^^
we've seen again that from his wild nature, Usagi has to do dangerous things XD but some real battles are near, sure that Chagecha won't be de only one who fights
PS: i expect Masoto learns how to fight and won't be the "Beauty-from-bobobo-man" in the series -.-
The problem with Masato so far is that he's a Heppokomaru/Beauty fusion. He does have potential but at the same time he seems more and more like a Tsukkomi. Heck, even Himawari is tougher than him...

All in all, I like that we did get a bit more with Doraji after the last chapter but I sort of hope that Tiger Mask, Washio and the other guy (no, not Onizawa) get their styles revealed in this Yan-Battle. I doubt we'll get Usagi fighting yet...but then again I doubt we'll see Tomoko or Piyoppi fighting for a while either.
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I still haven't decided if I like it yet. It seems like Bobobo with less memorable characters.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States

Oni_James

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
858
Reaction score
190
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Catalonia
Of course all this comes just as the series sounds like it's essentially cancelled...it's too bad but I guess it was just too insane to last in this modern Jump of...blandness?
modern Jump! is just stereothipical shonen thing, good guys, bad guys, people kidnapped, bad guys that turn into good guys, final defeat of the bad guys, Jump! is prepared to have an insane manga, the way of thinking it's just...to advanced to these days, like all the genious from their time, they were ignored, it may sound a little bit extreme, but that's the way i see this XD
if it's cancelled, at least it would be great that some group scans all the manga
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
modern Jump! is just stereothipical shonen thing, good guys, bad guys, people kidnapped, bad guys that turn into good guys, final defeat of the bad guys, Jump! is prepared to have an insane manga, the way of thinking it's just...to advanced to these days, like all the genious from their time, they were ignored, it may sound a little bit extreme, but that's the way i see this XD
if it's cancelled, at least it would be great that some group scans all the manga
Taking away some of the cliches (come on, they had some of those in Bo-bobo), I just wonder what exactly the mentality of the Japanese people to turn down a series like this. Maybe it's just Bo-bobo burnout or just not involving people like them...I just don't get it and wonder why. (whether or not it ends now or later)


Well it's confirmed: though the chapter isn't out: Sawai's TOC entry comments that it was a short run but he was happy for those who did support him and gave his thanks. Dang...maybe once it's all scanslated we could give a package run to Onemanga :p


The final chapter (script): http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1095022

Extremely bittersweet, that's all I'll say now. Not screwy, not dissapointing, not tearful...just bittersweet and a good way to end it.
 
Last edited:

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
well what to say? this is the shortest jump series EVER
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You know I have a theory about that: the series probably bombed from day one and Sawai, not wanting to prolongue the inevitable or just wait out a few weeks for the next drops, voluntarily ended it at a nice junction in the story. They'll probably release it with the one-shot with that tough old man...I still don't know if it's officially the shortest serialized series ever (since there have been many that only made it to one volume too) but it could be one of them now.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
well 10 chapters sometimes gets split into two volumes (see M&Y) and that's the shortest run i've previously been aware of (matched by jumbor (1 special volume) and Hand's(i have no idea whether that was 1 or 2 volumes))

and it seems a shame for the series to end without much more tiger mask exposure
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I sort of wished we got a bit more on Tiger Mask (especially with all the enigmatic words he had been saying), heck a fight with him would have been amazing! But unfortunately his style and fighting ability are left to our imagination...though I wouldn't be surprised if it was "you know who" after all...
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Anybody Editing the last 3 chapters?
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
No one has picked it up as of yet. I partially blame myself but maybe someone can nudge PHUNK and see if they're still doing it. (since the scripts are all done) If not, then we'll need to find someone else to so we can get this series complete and out there.
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I could do it but I kind of wouldn't want to scanlate a canceled series. I suck at it anyway. XD
 
Top