Shounen Chainsaw Man by Tatsuki Fujimoto

KimCorrea

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2016
Messages
740
Reaction score
815
Age
40
Country
Brazil
I think the author has a fetish for immortal beings on fire!
This fight is kind messy and sometimes I have a hard time recognizing everyone besides chainsaw. I have to read again a couple chapters to grasp everything that is going on.
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,500
Reaction score
5,713
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
The author really struggles with fights and action sequences, following this Santa fight was difficult. Especially when they went to hell
On the other hand, Denji boy wrecking Santa was funny to watch and very resourceful from him to use fire that way

I hope we get more details about Makima tbh
 

Daoloth

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2020
Messages
89
Reaction score
28
Age
49
Country
Tartaros
Havent read last chap yet, but as much as i m enjoying the manga so far, i have an issue with santa too , its maybe only me, but i feel hes way too op for a character/antagonist appearing that early in the manga. More generally speaking, i have an issue with the op powers of a lot of characters at this stage of the series, including the MC, its sure entertaining but it gives them very little room for improvement (but thats probably bc im thinking of it from a traditional shonen perspective , i should maybe not) , and im always wondering what will come next, when we already saw all this that early. Thats one of the reason i think now, that the series is probably not designed to be too long ( at 1st i thought the contrary)
I'm not singling it out as the only manga or anime... Yet it does seem like all the female characters are either Mary Sue or utterly useless :). I enjoyed it a lot more until around chapter 35ish he lets this Katana Devil or so live. Power is my favorite, I guess if don't like monster girls they would be ugly sues :). They at least tend to look pretty when not in that form to be fair for most part. Another issue seems the way certain battles are strung together. I wasn't crazy about the version of hell or the Monty Python type of animation fights. I don't want to really start piling on every single thing, just the way limps were cut up looked really akin to that in a negative way though ;).

What happened was the writer was churning out great content thinking he had to keep it that way or get cancelled... Then when it started to go well around mid 30's he started to alter what he probably would have done. Starts dragging things out, don't kill off characters... He is probably going to try to stretch it out as far as he can hoping for an Anime. Will this "Gun" Devil even appear before issue 100? I don't even get the SAnta shit, wasn't she w/ the chick already? Why is that guy blindfolded is it so Mikima or whatever can't see anything he does?

Its like the main character was doing things to get a feel of Power's boobs. I could relate or understand it, now just to get a date he is beyond lame. The guy isn't even locked in for anything sexual or even a hug. I don't want to get too graphic since might take it the wrong way :). The edge in many ways is gone, its like let me be PG or G not even PG 13 or R :). I can't say I've really enjoyed the chapters considering the hype they had coming into it. The parts w/ the brothers or the girl having her car destroyed were probably better than going to Hell :). I thought Reize or so was at least interesting, she was kinda cute w/ a bit of a kinky hint of a collar on her neck. I wasn't crazy about her look in the Devil form or anything though. In simple terms I had a lot more interest or investment in the story then compared to the current spot its in. Maybe when he opens that door he isn't supposed to things will improve or other things can happen. I can't recall the last issue I had that feeling I once did, its hard to explain in words but people probably get what mean :).
 

AbrahamOmosun

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2020
Messages
400
Reaction score
1,024
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Why is that guy blindfolded is it so Mikima or whatever can't see anything he does?
Makima makes her subordinates wear blindfolds when she is using her power
.
 

Core D. Roy

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
7,363
Reaction score
9,272
Age
37
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
How the heck does Chainsaw Man not have its own section yet? This manga is absolutely top-tier.
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,148
Reaction score
8,858
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The first page was probably the greatest I've read XD. An MC with chainsaw powers, hell yeah. Sign me up for this.

I see I'm essentially 69 chapters behind



I'll see you all next year
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
The first page was probably the greatest I've read XD. An MC with chainsaw powers, hell yeah. Sign me up for this.

I see I'm essentially 69 chapters behind



I'll see you all next year
You'll love it bro
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
The first page was probably the greatest I've read XD. An MC with chainsaw powers, hell yeah. Sign me up for this.

I see I'm essentially 69 chapters behind



I'll see you all next year
Being 69 chaps behind means there's only pleasure ahead! The chapters are easy to read and get thru. Additionally, the manga is stacked with treats, replete with queens to give you a reason to live, none better than Power, Makima and Quanxii.
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,500
Reaction score
5,713
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Breh, Makima is a savage... Everyone being this afraid of her. The author should really start developing her character a little bit more now, too many mysteries surrounding her
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,148
Reaction score
8,858
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Being 69 chaps behind means there's only pleasure ahead! The chapters are easy to read and get thru. Additionally, the manga is stacked with treats, replete with queens to give you a reason to live, none better than Power, Makima and Quanxii.
Oh don't get me wrong, my dopamine levels are through the roof. I'm just not a binge reader and like to take it slow :XD.
 
Last edited:

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Denji was hilarious as usual. Santa's know it all, condescending attitude was getting on my nerves so I'm glad he wasn't intimidated by her. Cosmos stole the show. That Halloween technique was amazing. Sad how it all ended. Makima is absolutely merciless. But then again Quanxii did say the truce was over when she beheaded poor Denji. She's not the only one who looks out for her people:catshrug
 

KimCorrea

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2016
Messages
740
Reaction score
815
Age
40
Country
Brazil
If makima Is this broken and everyone almost shot their pants when think about her or fighting her, how strong the gun devil is? What if she herself have a contract with him? As my friend said above, we need some development on her. She's too OP.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Reminded me of Index and her countless grimoires in 'A Certain Magical Index'. There was a chapter where someone tried obtaining one of them, but they ended up almost being killed by the overwhelming knowledge.
Good chapter though. Glad that the Totem Pole is done with, not so happy about what happened with Quanxi :(
Why does Makima insist on killing all the interesting characters :mad
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Why does Makima insist on killing all the interesting characters :mad
Quanxiii is like Denji who also was beheaded this chapter. It's likely Makima just took her out of commission but didn't kill her. You have to get them in the heart iirc.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Quanxiii is like Denji who also was beheaded this chapter. It's likely Makima just took her out of commission but didn't kill her. You have to get them in the heart iirc.
She killed Reze and Eto though :mono
Eto is the snake girl who was with the Machete guy who fought Aki early in the series, btw :p
Just for clarification.
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
She killed Reze and Eto though :mono
Eto is the snake girl who was with the Machete guy who fought Aki early in the series, btw :p
Just for clarification.
I was wondering who eto was lol. But in the end it might come down to usefulness. Makima likes to recruit strong people she can control. Quanxi surrendered and begged for the life of her girls. I'm not sure how genuine she was but I wouldn't put it past makima to use that.
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
She did say to collect the corpses of all the fighters from the war. But if Quanxi is dead :-_-
If Quanxi is dead it would be a sad end for a devil hunter of her caliber. Makima would be silly to lose such a valuable resource.






The Gun Devil is.........not me :spaz
I actually forgot about her lol. Don't insult Eto with that comparison :heh
 

ShiranuiShiranai

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2017
Messages
165
Reaction score
371
Age
32
Country
Philippines
It would be great if Quanxi and her ladies would join Denji's group as part of her surrender and subordination. Just imagine how great that Enoshima trip would be if Denji is surrounded by girls like Makishima, Power, Kobeni, Quanxi, and her group. I can't pass up the thought of the potential for colored-cover spread where they're all in bikini having fun at the beach. But this is not Fairytail so I won't get my hopes up.
 
Top