peterx

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 12, 2009
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Hungary
Re: The Fairest of Them All: A Claymore Character Tournament

Hi All!
My very first post on this forum.. after 5 years of registration time... :)

I've been collecting Claymore manga for a good 6-7 years now for later read when it is finishes (seen the anime).

I've a question for those people here who are up-to-date with the latest manga events! Can you guess how much until this manga is finished, how much chapter away based on the current events?

I've been waiting years now to read this manga as a whole finally.. how much do you think I've to wait? :D

PLEASE Dont spoil anything!! I Dont want to know ANYTHING that is currently going on nor discussion about it, only a guess how many chapter needs until every major event is resolved, every villain is dead! At least is the manga at halfway point or two-third (2/3) aready?

Thank You very much in advance!! :)
 

kstefan88

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2012
Messages
138
Reaction score
50
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Fairest of Them All: A Claymore Character Tournament

Hi All!
My very first post on this forum.. after 5 years of registration time... :)

I've been collecting Claymore manga for a good 6-7 years now for later read when it is finishes (seen the anime).

I've a question for those people here who are up-to-date with the latest manga events! Can you guess how much until this manga is finished, how much chapter away based on the current events?

I've been waiting years now to read this manga as a whole finally.. how much do you think I've to wait? :D

PLEASE Dont spoil anything!! I Dont want to know ANYTHING that is currently going on nor discussion about it, only a guess how many chapter needs until every major event is resolved, every villain is dead! At least is the manga at halfway point or two-third (2/3) aready?

Thank You very much in advance!! :)
First things first: welcome to the forums! We all hope you enjoy your stay here.

About the ending of Claymore, there are two possibilities. One of them is the Mange ending somewhen this year. However, there has also been mentioned something in the Manga that may make the Manga go on for several years (maybe under another name, but technically the same world). Which way Yagi will choose is pure speculation up until now.

See y'around,

kstefan88
 

peterx

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 12, 2009
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Hungary
Re: The Fairest of Them All: A Claymore Character Tournament

First things first: welcome to the forums! We all hope you enjoy your stay here.

About the ending of Claymore, there are two possibilities. One of them is the Mange ending somewhen this year. However, there has also been mentioned something in the Manga that may make the Manga go on for several years (maybe under another name, but technically the same world). Which way Yagi will choose is pure speculation up until now.

See y'around,

kstefan88
Thank You kstefan88!! :)

Well, I dont like it when a great series ends, but this time if the original Claymore manga at least comes to an end then finally its time to start reading it.. :D
Any chance for a new anime series which is faithful to the manga?
 

kstefan88

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2012
Messages
138
Reaction score
50
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Fairest of Them All: A Claymore Character Tournament

Thank You kstefan88!! :)

Well, I dont like it when a great series ends, but this time if the original Claymore manga at least comes to an end then finally its time to start reading it.. :D
Any chance for a new anime series which is faithful to the manga?
I think everybody hopes this happens, but, even though I might be spoilering you here, the ending of the original Anime is... rather different from the events in the Manga. There have been discussions, speculations and all the likes about it, there even was a petition for a second season iirc. However, at least the ending of the first season would need to be completely redone. I don't know how popular Claymore is in Japan, but if it is popular enough we will see a second season, and hopefully with a remake of the Pieata arc. When, however, is completely up to guessing.

About starting to read it, it is definitively worth a read, if you can stand the supsense of waiting for the next chap. If you can't, wait :D
 

peterx

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 12, 2009
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Hungary
Re: The Fairest of Them All: A Claymore Character Tournament

I think everybody hopes this happens, but, even though I might be spoilering you here, the ending of the original Anime is... rather different from the events in the Manga. There have been discussions, speculations and all the likes about it, there even was a petition for a second season iirc. However, at least the ending of the first season would need to be completely redone. I don't know how popular Claymore is in Japan, but if it is popular enough we will see a second season, and hopefully with a remake of the Pieata arc. When, however, is completely up to guessing.

About starting to read it, it is definitively worth a read, if you can stand the supsense of waiting for the next chap. If you can't, wait :D
Haha yes the problem here is I cant stand monthly mangas too much time to wait, have to remember everything again :D
I want to read this epic Claymore series in one EPIC read from start to end. Yes I know anime has different ending I've red the manga a little after anime ending but the monthly waits just killed the suspense for me so I stopped it around 2008...
 

kstefan88

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2012
Messages
138
Reaction score
50
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Fairest of Them All: A Claymore Character Tournament

Well then, hopefully (for you) the Manga (or at least this huge arc) ends this year, so you can read the whole *no spoilers* thingy in one go. Even if the Manga continues after that, I'd advice you, to. If you take a look in here regularly you'll notice soon enough when the main enemy atm dies - and when you can read a technically completeted story at once. 'wever, if the Manga continues, you might have to wait another 10+ years for another complete story ;)
 

TacoCat

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
87
Reaction score
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Yeah man, the worst thing is easily the month long wait. That, coupled with the fact that Claymore's fanbase, while pretty popular, pales in comparison to some mangas communities. Making the time in between torture due to slow activity. Around the end of/first of a month is awesome tho. I won't describe it as a cult following, but on the few Claymore devoted places, you'll see the same faces alot. It's still pretty big though.

It feels like we're near the end, so, yeah. All good things must come to an end. Picasso once said "A great artist knows when to quit adding to the piece"....


...

Or sumn' like dat, idk

Anyways, sup. You'll be with Claymore for a long time…

Also the artwork and fan art is BOMB.
 
Last edited:

peterx

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 12, 2009
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Hungary
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Yes this series would be 10x more popular if it came out on weekly basis... Its just hard to "get in the mood" again when you read the story after a month long wait..
 

Number A

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
492
Reaction score
502
Gender
Hidden
Country
Dragonstone
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

I understand why you're waiting (and very much doubt you'll have long to wait) but in my (limited) experience manga fandoms quiet down pretty quickly once a series has come to an end. If you want to chat about Claymore with likeminded people who share your anticipation it might be a good idea to catch up sooner rather than later.

Chances are the volume that comes out this December will be the last. I guess that leaves at most six more chapters. Of course, that estimate assumes the volume release cycle stays constant which it easily might not at the end.
 
Last edited:

TStew

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2013
Messages
165
Reaction score
155
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Fairest of Them All: A Claymore Character Tournament

Hi All!
My very first post on this forum.. after 5 years of registration time... :)

I've been collecting Claymore manga for a good 6-7 years now for later read when it is finishes (seen the anime).

I've a question for those people here who are up-to-date with the latest manga events! Can you guess how much until this manga is finished, how much chapter away based on the current events?

I've been waiting years now to read this manga as a whole finally.. how much do you think I've to wait? :D

PLEASE Dont spoil anything!! I Dont want to know ANYTHING that is currently going on nor discussion about it, only a guess how many chapter needs until every major event is resolved, every villain is dead! At least is the manga at halfway point or two-third (2/3) aready?

Thank You very much in advance!! :)
Welcome aboard peterx! I can't add to the debate of when the series will end, but just wanted to say I have similar feelings about holding off reading the manga though I didn't go to your extreme. I only learned of Claymore just a few years ago, 2011 I think it was. So not as long of a wait. That was the anime. Later that year I started in on the manga. I could have read everything to get current in one big chunk, but didn't like the idea of only 1 chapter a month after that, and I liked the idea of spreading it out more. Reading it all in a weekend or whatever just doesnt have the same impact. You miss out on a lot of the anticipation and taking in everything thats happening. Just feels like a disservice to read it so quickly. I paced myself on the anime too, after the first day that I watched almost half of it, after that I forced myself to just a new episode a week or so. Even saved the final episode for an extra month for a special occasion (even though I knew ahead of time the anime's ending wasnt that great). So I did similar with the manga. I figured if I took it slow, I could still read a more satisfying few chapters per month and it would still take me a couple years to catch up. I'd make reading it into an event... a find a good quiet time when I was feeling good, after I'd run a long run or got a lot done on a weekend or something, get glass of wine or actually I had a special Claymore reading beer... Raison d'être by Dogfish Head (which is the name of the anime's opening soundtrack). I'd start off by re-reading the last few chapters, which help freshen the events up in my mind and make the session a bit longer, then I'd continue on with a few new ones. Sometimes I'd do this a couple weeks back to back others I'd go a month or three between reading it at all. With this method I'm still a bit away from catching up. If it indeed ends this year I might have actually got the timing perfect.

I think if I hadnt read it at all I would have lost most interest by now. But the way I did it I kept my interest maxed out over the last few years. But I crave the discussion and such, so the hardest part has been on the forums and web trying not to get any spoilers. I've done pretty well on two forums and lots of claymore talk and avoided the threads all together that talk about current stuff, and in the miscellaneous threads I learned to pick up on spoiler quick and click off the pages lol.

People probably think I'm crazy spreading it out this long and not wanting to catch up in one go, or at least much quicker, but I really like the way I did it. Its taken a lot of self restraint to pace myself!

However and whenever you decide to read it, hope you enjoy it!
 

peterx

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 12, 2009
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Hungary
Re: The Fairest of Them All: A Claymore Character Tournament

Wow! Thats an awesome passion you have! :)

Well, for me its a bit different because when I start reading it, with Claymore music in the background I'm going into "reading mode" and start to imagine the action itself, the sounds, the talking and everything what is in the manga.. In this "world" I love reading as much as whole arc's usually until the arc's main enemy dies, that is when I take a break when the current arc ended.

But what I hate the most when you have breaks in big fights, that is to start again rebuild this imagine world and instantly get into the action as the next chapter start where the last ended. its just dont work for me it wont be THAT exciting again to rebuild the tension from zero..

(Its bearable in Naruto because a week break is not that bad as a month break. You will still feel the tension from the cliffhanger after 7 days.. but you will feel NOTHING after 30 days..)
 
Last edited:

Leroid

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2009
Messages
199
Reaction score
187
Gender
Male
Country
Serbia
Re: The Fairest of Them All: A Claymore Character Tournament

(Its bearable in Naruto because a week break is not that bad as a month break. You will still feel the tension from the cliffhanger after 7 days.. but you will feel NOTHING after 30 days..)
It's a matter of what you got used to I guess. Most of the mangas I read are also monthly (some of which tend to go on a hiatus for several months) so Claymore's schedule doesn't bother me at all.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Just had this same convo in Berserk thread....
how can you rush art...much less true artist?

Yagi is one.....
 

TacoCat

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
87
Reaction score
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

So I got bored and started searching around hoping to get raws for 151, but I was being lazy and used Google images W/O safe search. Fourth image was boobs.


Edit- Aww shit, it's pr0n.
 
Last edited:

kstefan88

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2012
Messages
138
Reaction score
50
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

So I got bored and started searching around hoping to get raws for 151, but I was being lazy and used Google images W/O safe search. Fourth image was boobs.


Edit- Aww shit, it's pr0n.
I search for Claymore raws around the end of each and every month. But finding indecent material doing that I have yet to accomplish :D
 

TacoCat

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
87
Reaction score
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Holy crap, never mind. I do recommend. It's called Kono s wo mi yo. It's awesome. Wish they'd translate the whole thing already.
 
Last edited:

Elandyll

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
69
Reaction score
135
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore 150 Discussion / 151 Prediction

We used to have fake spoilers (and a few times real ones) up to 3 days ahead in the past. I guess this trend really died down uh?
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore 151 Spoiler

last year i mentioned that it may have been chronos we seen fighting on the mainland....

:cookiehand
i also said the awakened ones like octavia/chronos /lars/etc were on the mainland and was drawn to prissy's second awakening....

it may also have something to do with the fall of the org...maybe rumito had some kind of control over the mainland warriors
he did have all those dragonkins down in his little winecellar:hee
 
Last edited:

`Saturn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2013
Messages
192
Reaction score
145
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Claymore 151 Spoiler

What exactly do you think is Chronos in that pic?
 
Top