number12michael

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
1,779
Reaction score
392
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Well actually it is more her whorish looks that would not make me vote for her. I don't really like girls who are painted up like prostitutes.


Hysteria is also a prostitute, so she is not prettier than Galatea.

You seem to know a lot about prostitutes...is there something your not telling us ? ;)


Is Roxanne the only warrior we have seen that wears make-up? i think she is.
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,478
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

LOL not the fairest.. But your favorite character? Mine is Teresa, then comes Riful, then Miria and followed by Roxanne.. What about you??
well riful was my all time favourite. But i think a horonable notice deserves Luciela( I totally loved her human concept and I would probably love her as claymore and I hated how she was gone despite the destroyer... Also claymore hysteria is yay while her AF is nay. But yeah riful i suppose.
 

Claymore1

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2012
Messages
924
Reaction score
438
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

You seem to know a lot about prostitutes...is there something your not telling us ?
What's to know? Prostitutes wear a lot of makeup to cover up their ugly faces. That's why women are called whores when they wear too much makeup.
 
Last edited:

number12michael

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
1,779
Reaction score
392
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

What's to know? Prostitutes wear a lot of makeup to cover up their ugly faces. That's why women are called whores when they wear too much makeup.
well judging by your display picture you like your woman butch and manly like Jean(who has one of the worst hair styles).

but alas each person has there own taste's.

i still say Roxanne and Chronos are the hottest in all of claymore(dauf was cute in a dumb sorta of way, and i agree with what someone said about Lucy her human form was kinda cute...but she had a bit of a bitch face lol)
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,478
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

what do you mean kinda?Cant get hotter than that... YOU KILLIN ME WITH YER COMMENTS


 

Number A

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
492
Reaction score
502
Gender
Hidden
Country
Dragonstone
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

PEOPLE!!! WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY!!!

(or at least I think we do)

Remember my earlier post where I said we should have a massive single-elimination tournament to find the Fairest of Them All (who is totally Yuma, btw) but didn't know how we'd do it? An hour or so of vigorous Google searching has yielded the ANSWER.

Google forms. I've made a demo to test the format, response collection, and other boring admin stuff I'd be happy to do. If you think spending days arguing furiously (or watching random internet people argue furiously) about the relative aesthetic merits of the cast of Claymore would be fun, please take 30 seconds to fill it out.

Here is the link, PM me if there are any problems. Lurkers are welcome, indeed encouraged, to test the demo out too.

If you want an example of the kind of competition I want to run, check out 'This Is Madness: The Star Wars Character Tournament'. I want to do exactly this but have it be a warrior beauty contest instead. If this format works, we could also totally have a fan favourite character competition at some point.

I know from last year's Star Wars character tournament that successive matchups are way more fun than big one-off polls. You don't need to pick only one person and can spend lots of time arguing about each individual case (sample dialogue: no WAY does Yoda beat R2D2 and why are they even bothering with Boba Fett vs. Greedo?). We can make this happen guys; it'll be awesome.

---------- Post added March 21, 2014 at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was March 19, 2014 at 08:44 AM ----------

Sweet! Judging from the responses, People Who Aren't Me think this is a cool idea. I'll be busy for the next week-odd and won't be able to do much in that time but Watch This Space.

The single most time-consuming part of all this will be trawling though the manga and finding the Most Attractive Headshot for every warrior character. I think for consistency of format we should avoid external stuff from the anime and keep out source material limited to the pages of Claymore. I would appreciate it very much if you guys would help out with this. If there's an image of a warrior you like when you feel they look their best, PM me a link to the page (or post it here, I'm easy).

If one of you feels like tracking background characters through Pieta or through all the scenes since the time skip I will love you forever.
 
Last edited:

Claymore1

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2012
Messages
924
Reaction score
438
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

If one of you feels like tracking background characters through Pieta or through all the scenes since the time skip I will love you forever.
Wait, how many characters are you going to include in this thing?
 

Number A

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
492
Reaction score
502
Gender
Hidden
Country
Dragonstone
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Initially I thought everyone, but looking back over the manga there are 160-odd characters the bulk of which are filler. Too many nameless, short-haired people would be boring so I'm going to make an initial list of either 32 or 64 characters (probably 32). My main goal here is to make sure the initial pool is small enough that things get interesting quickly but large enough that my own personal tastes don't mess it up too much. The plan right now is to post the preliminary list when I'm done with it and revise in the event of violent opinions.

The problem with a strict beauty contest is that attractive randoms who show up in background shots are arguably more deserving of entry than people with fairly significant speaking parts (*coughRachelcough*). It's also very hard to not get bent by personal preference (I would never have bothered with Duff but since number12michael said he's cute he's in). The ideal base candidate list would be everyone anyone has ever thought was attractive even in passing. Ah well, I'll do my best and hopefully you guys will let me know if I've missed anyone important.

Also, I am *very* interested in what people think are scenes when particular characters look most attractive. This sort of thing can make a huge difference to how well a character might do (contrast this (panel 2) shot of Jean with this one (panel 1)) so let me know who you think looks cute when. At the very least, you'll guarantee them a place in the first round.
 
Last edited:

serpico

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2012
Messages
524
Reaction score
105
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Went if come to beauty all long
Me favorites would've Anastasia, Teresa, riful ,Flora ,Galatea, the twin Alicia an Beth an some others random characters.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,684
Reaction score
61,396
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

It took me longer than expected but I finally caught up, the 2 last chapters were epic. My favorite character is still Miria, the most beautiful is Roxanne for me, Riful is the cutest.
 

Number A

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
492
Reaction score
502
Gender
Hidden
Country
Dragonstone
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Hello everybody! With the support of you lovely people on MH, my offline friends who've read Claymore (all two of them), and the unwitting aid of a forum or three I have compiled a list of warriors every member of which is thought to be cute by someone in the fandom. Here's the list, have a look at let me know if there's anyone not on there who should be
(also let me know if you can't access the document). If you think there's anyone on there who shouldn't be, hold your horses we'll get to that in a minute.

Since there are too many people for a single elimination tournament (the pool of candidates must be a power of 2), this contest is gonna start with an elimination round from which the top 32 will progress to the actual tournament. Depending on how crazy my week ends up being, I should have the elimination round set up by Monday. That'll line up nicely with the chapter release and hopefully will generate some buzz.

Vote for Yuma!!!
 
Last edited:

Claymore1

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2012
Messages
924
Reaction score
438
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Here's the list, have a look at let me know if there's anyone not on there who should be
Where's Raki :3c

And Clarice, Raftela, Undine (when she isn't freakishly muscular), or Eva.

Miata is a little young so leaving her out isn't too bad, although Riful looks about the same age as her.
 
Last edited:

Number A

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
492
Reaction score
502
Gender
Hidden
Country
Dragonstone
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Where's Raki :3c
Right now, the official policy is warriors and awakened only. I would expand the field to include humans if the Vox Populi decreed it.

And Clarice, Raftela, Undine (when she isn't freakishly muscular), or Eva.
Present and accounted for as of writing this post ^_^

Miata is a little young so leaving her out isn't too bad, although Riful looks about the same age as her.
There's a crucial difference between Riful and Miata: one looks like a kid, the other is one. I may be a random on the internet, but I'm very much against the sexualisation of minors. Yagi has made it extremely clear that Riful is far older than she looks. I'm thinking of dropping her anyway though, promoting a matchup where one of the parties looks underage could get really awkward really fast.
 
Last edited:

Claymore1

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2012
Messages
924
Reaction score
438
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Right now, the official policy is warriors and awakened only. I would expand the field to include humans if the Vox Populi decreed it.
I would say include him, but it is not up to me.
 

number12michael

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
1,779
Reaction score
392
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

I say we dont include Raki :teehee
 

Irene

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2013
Messages
62
Reaction score
65
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

There's a crucial difference between Riful and Miata: one looks like a kid, the other is one. I may be a random on the internet, but I'm very much against the sexualisation of minors. Yagi has made it extremely clear that Riful is far older than she looks. I'm thinking of dropping her anyway though, promoting a matchup where one of the parties looks underage could get really awkward really fast.
Miata's age is quite vague. Sometimes it seems like she's 13, and other times it seems like she's 17.

She's almost as tall as Clarice here...

I'd say include Miata, but it's a bit controversial. If Claymore keeps going and we get to see her a bit more matured, you can guarantee that she will be the most attractive character alive.
 

Number A

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
492
Reaction score
502
Gender
Hidden
Country
Dragonstone
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

I agree that Miata will grow up to be HOT, and if this happens on-screen we may need to think about some kind of bonus round, but until she at least hits puberty she's out.
 

TStew

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2013
Messages
165
Reaction score
155
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Don't mean to change the subject, but just felt like saying a girl I've been really liking and talking to a lot lately is Treasa (pronounced the same as Teresa just spelled different)! She is blonde too. Hadn't even realized the Claymore connection the last few weeks we've been chatting since I've been kind of out of Claymore or any anime in the last few months and had lots going on. And I've known her long before I was into anime actually. But when I realised it I'm like, dang its a sign! She'd totally be a perfect Claymore cosplayer (very much like Uma I think with long straight hair), but she's not into anime, at least yet ;-) Hope I don't screw this one up she is such a nice gal!
 
Last edited:

Number A

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
492
Reaction score
502
Gender
Hidden
Country
Dragonstone
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

I have a younger sister who kind of looks like Ophelia and has a physique as close to that of a warrior as a human can reasonably come. She likes Claymore, too, but not enough to dress up for it.
 

Detox

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 7, 2013
Messages
39
Reaction score
20
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

I think Claymore cosplays are hard on their simplicity, I've seen girls with amazing bodies cosplay and they don't end up looking right. Maybe the materials are the problem, the armor and the sword can be quite challenging too, although the hair is usually easier than other animes.
 
Top