1. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  2. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  3. Thank you for participating in this years FT Awards. The winners of each category have been decided, please check them out!
  4. The Waifu Wars 2017 are over. Time for applause!
  5. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.

6. Congratulations Seraph for winning the Dystopia short story contest!, and well done to the other participants!.
    New Week, New Contest!
    Freestyle time!. The theme is Manhwa.

Voting has begun for the Color & Black and white photography contest contest!.
  7. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Art Claymore Volume Covers & Color Pages

Discussion in 'Claymore' started by Unok, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Yomaslayer 95

Yomaslayer 95 Banned

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Netherlands
    Superb! I haven't seen most of these in color until now. Very nice:zomg

2. Goral

Goral Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Poland
    Cover and undercovers of volume 22 in HQ:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    When I saw the first undercover I was somewhat disappointed and was afraid that was it. But thankfully the second undercover was on the last page of the raw I've downloaded and it's awesome.

Number A, wickedsmile, Fermat and 5 others like this.
  3. Shiek927

Shiek927 Registered User

United States
    Ahh Warrior Hysteria....I hardly knew you.

But that black-haired girl.....is that Teresa?

Don't tell me this is a sign of things to come :O

Well, you never know I suppose...the majority of undercovers have been crazy to say the least.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  4. littleangel

littleangel Registered User

Jordan
    Yagi just made my dream come true when he used Roxanne in his undercover, and Hysteria just look at her (she will make a beautiful colored version). As for the third one Shiek, I can say that Yagi does introduce characters like this to be seen in the future like Niedeen but when he does so, it happens in like 5-10 volumes later.

5. Ryus

Ryus Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United States
    Wow, first time I've been impressed by Hysteria (warrior pic) since her introduction chapter. That is some good art. Not sure I care for the awakened pics... they look kinda :/ The Roxanne back page looks pretty good, but it doesn't feel new either just her classic evil smirk but with dead looking eye that contain non of her crazy (I don't know but i feel her eyes don't exactly follow me where ever I look at her from, some of the time I swear she's not looking crazy at me but at the ground or something... maybe it's just me and my lack of sleep atm). Oh well nice to see her in color anyhow.

@Shiek I'm not sure that is Teresa her face looks too normal and has no hint of a Teresa's trademark smile... her facial expressions are more like any normal girl. Plus her face is just too different and young looking, her hair isn't wavy either. In fact when I look at this I don't see any warrior at all, it's more like Yagi just drew his girlfriend or something and stuck her in the mag... oh well, if true no harm in that. Maybe, if true, she might inspire a new character down the road, we have gotten pics in the cover before that likely correlated to new characters/concepts for them, so maybe this time it's for an up coming one. :lmao

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  6. Shiek927

Shiek927 Registered User

United States
    I guess I can believe that Ryus....after all, so many characters we've seen in the undercovers are not in the story at all - it seems to be a place for 'misc' artwork, or maybe concept art.

Whatever the case, that girl does notably look very japanese-ish (face, eyes), so maybe it really is his girlfriend :p

Hysteria though looks gorgeous in her warrior picture....and she's actually smiling :D

7. The Based

The Based Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

United States
    Yup, it's the first time we get to see her with a kind and gentle smile. For that other pic I'm amused by AB flesh being used like a pillow. A convenient form for taking a power nap.

8. Fermat

Fermat Registered User

Philippines
    Ah, Hysteria... She's truly one of the most beautiful ones out there, along with Teresa, Roxanne, Galatea, Flora, Anastasia and Audrey. Yagi certainly seems to have taken a liking to these three resurrected No. 1 warriors that he had created, particularly Hysteria. When in a group, she's always in front; even in that picture with the swords, hers was the nearest. Still, I find it confusing as to why he'd use an image of Hysteria for an undercover for a volume that she will not be appearing in. Perhaps he'll be making an ES featuring the events at Rockwell Hill?

On a side note, I wish Yagi had put in more effort for the Cassandra pic. It's quite lacking in details, and the image just feels... flat. Cassandra's awakened body actually exudes an eerie sense of beauty, but the image showed none of that.

Shiek927 likes this.
  9. Shiek927

Shiek927 Registered User

United States
    Personally, for Cassie, I don't like the color chosen....Blue? I would have gone for a more realistic looking color choice on this one - I think it would have made her look better and more creepy at the same time.

10. Klaha

Klaha Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Germany
    Hey there, I'm new here, actually I did read through the claymore forum, but I've always been too lazy to register...Anyways, about volume 22, I really love the Cover, but I have to agree with the colour, blue doesn't really look good. Yagi should have chosen a different one to colour Cassandra, but oh well. The coloured picture of Roxanne looks great, always wanted to see her in colour!!! As for Hysteria, one word : beautiful :zomg

Ryus likes this.
  11. Dried Ambrosia

Dried Ambrosia A Symphony For Your Taste Buds

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mariejoa
    [tmod=Ancy]for easier access, I have updated the first post. Enjoy ^.^[/tmod]

claremore likes this.
  12. Klaha

Klaha Registered User

Germany
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks like Yagi got inspired by Alexander McQueen when drawing this undercover.

Shiek927, claremore and Goral like this.
  13. Goral

Goral Registered User

Poland
    Wow, amazing find Klaha :). Thanks for sharing.

14. lluviaroja

lluviaroja Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Chile
    Those are the Fragments of Silver 1, 2 and 3. The first FOS includes the chapter 1 (the first three pages colored), 12-24, summaries of the scenes, the first databook and the Clare san parody comics.

Goral likes this.
  15. Goral

Goral Registered User

Poland
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  16. BleachFan2010

BleachFan2010 Registered User

United Kingdom
    Who are the characters that are one some of the pages with existing Claymore characters? Are they just random Drawings made by Yagi ? Or are they yet to be revealed characters?

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

One the coloured pic of Anastasia is that a scar on her stomach?

17. Yomaslayer 95

Yomaslayer 95 Banned

Netherlands
    Wow, that is pretty impressive :zomg
    I love the colors he uses

18. Klaha

Klaha Registered User

Germany
    Those characters are just some random drawings by Yagi. Though, if you take a look at the girl from the undercover of vol. 12, she quite resembles Neideen or at least her hair.

19. BleachFan2010

BleachFan2010 Registered User

United Kingdom
    Ah i see, thanx for clearing it up for me XD. Its a shame really becasue some of the characters look quite cool especially the woman from volume 20 link with the sword and plait

I definitely see the resemblance to Neideen they eye paatch and all haha. And one of the links in volume 14 has a charcter resembling an Abyss Feeder too :)

20. Oberon

Oberon Registered User

Italy
    Claymore #23:
    [​IMG]

FetherMan, Klaha, Falcor and 5 others like this.