COME FOR A SCHWING: niichan nag thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Chami-chan つ ◕_◕ ༽つ - No Game No Life Volume

That mech thing looks extremely familiar... Same goes for the music...

Where is it from?

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Never mind... :XD
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Chami-chan つ ◕_◕ ༽つ - No Game No Life Volume

Best anime ev4rrrrr which I dropped like 4 episodes before the finale? :heh
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Chami-chan つ ◕_◕ ༽つ - No Game No Life Volume

I dropped Star Driver after the first episode. That transformation sequence was too much for me.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Chami-chan つ ◕_◕ ༽つ - No Game No Life Volume

I dropped Star Driver after the first episode. That transformation sequence was too much for me.
Guess you're not into bishounen. Me neither though, but the Monochrome song got me hooked. But then it went away after like episode 8 or something, and I couldn't hold on for more than 16 eps or whatever.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Chami-chan つ ◕_◕ ༽つ - No Game No Life Volume

I guess I didn't miss anything. :XD
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Chami-chan つ ◕_◕ ༽つ - No Game No Life Volume

I guess I didn't miss anything. :XD
Every single episode I think, he get a new challenger, it gets really stupid after a while. But the characters were really likeable so they kept you hooked. I could only take so much though, same was for Koen, he ditched it around the same time I did. You just get fed up with it.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Chami-chan つ ◕_◕ ༽つ - No Game No Life Volume

So it was the right choice to trust my gut feeling.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Chami-chan つ ◕_◕ ༽つ - No Game No Life Volume

Pretty much, the series was nice but got too repetitive.

One of the very few series I stopped watching mid-season. I dropped Guilty Crown too around ep 18 or something, like when they were "rebels" and living in an old school, the main char got all super emo and shit I was like "holy molly fuck this shit". I dropped Psycho-Pass, kinda weird, I think it was because it was airing and I caught up. I'm terrible with that usually, and eventually forget to watch the series. It was pretty nice though, but I remember so little now that I kinda have to rewatch it if I wanna finish... SnK I dropped because I had read the manga. Stories get much less interesting for me when I know the plot. The only exception really being Game of Thrones, but that's also because it's adapted from text to picture, unlike manga > anime. Those 4 shows are the only ones I remember dropping.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Chami-chan つ ◕_◕ ༽つ - No Game No Life Volume

If I read a Manga I want it to be animated. Because stuff gets more epic with voice acting and OST.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Chami-chan つ ◕_◕ ༽つ - No Game No Life Volume

I can understand that, but in my case I had just read SnK so it was really fresh in my mind. Since I watched like the first 5 eps, then I was up to date on the anime, so I read the manga in 2 days. At that point it's kinda boring to relive the story that quickly. Now on the other hand it would be interesting to watch the anime since it's not fresh in my mind anymore.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Chami-chan つ ◕_◕ ༽つ - No Game No Life Volume

Same as Sky :XD

I'm one of the guys who does not think the SnK OST is amazing overall. It has some amazing tracks (epic stuff) but the majority of songs was "only" okay/goodish. Don't really remember GC's OST that much, but that only speaks for not really standing out to me. The only series I feel have a overall great and memorable OST are KlK, TTGL, HxH and F/Z. Lots of other series have some great tracks, but don't have a majority of great songs.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Chami-chan つ ◕_◕ ༽つ - No Game No Life Volume

The Anime was certainly not bad and it was fresh for me too. I actually look forward to see some scenes. :zomg
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Chami-chan つ ◕_◕ ༽つ - No Game No Life Volume

I really love the DRRR ost too, but it's more about me digging the artistic value to it. Most of the tracks are very different in terms of the music style they use. Some are jazz inspired, some are irish inspired, and stuff like that. I like the diversity and creative composing. It shows a mastery of different music styles.

Other than that I guess I agree about most series having OK OST but some outstanding songs. I dare bring in Naruto sort of here as a borderline one. Part 1 had an amazing OST to me. Some songs like Sadness and Sorrow are genius and insane quality. Really bummed still to this day it's ditched because of part 2 having a completely new ost... One of the most memorable songs for sure, but overall the ost then was great too. For part 2 it's more of a "some songs are superb, but most are rather OK" I guess. At this point the OST collection is so massive though that there's bound to be some boring ones and some great ones.

IIRC FMA:B had a really good OST too, but it's been so long >.<
 
Last edited:

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Chami-chan つ ◕_◕ ༽つ - No Game No Life Volume

That reminds me that I still have to watch that show before season 2 starts.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Chami-chan つ ◕_◕ ༽つ - No Game No Life Volume

Gosh it's so hard to remember shows I watched long ago. I really should make an effort to update my MAL. It's full of holes, not to mention all the shows that I watched after I made it.

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

Did you guys ever watch the first FMA anime? This soundtrack gives me such chills of nostalgia ;;

So gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood :kreygasm

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Chami-chan つ ◕_◕ ༽つ - No Game No Life Volume

My mistake was it to watch the first Anime after the second... Thanks to that I was really underwhelmed...
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Chami-chan つ ◕_◕ ༽つ - No Game No Life Volume

well that song is still amazing though!
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Chami-chan つ ◕_◕ ༽つ - No Game No Life Volume

This thread is super relevant to my interests. Omega good job!
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Chami-chan つ ◕_◕ ༽つ - No Game No Life Volume

This thread is super relevant to my interests. Omega good job!
I guess you are pro healthy nudity too. :kappa

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

well that song is still amazing though!
Can't disagree.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Chami-chan つ ◕_◕ ༽つ - No Game No Life Volume

This thread is super relevant to my interests. Omega good job!
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top