Society Coronavirus Hangout

Are you vaccinated?

  • Yes

    Votes: 11 84.6%
  • No

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I would be if I had access

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    13

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,761
Reaction score
26,087
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Personally, as long as I have my books, quarantine and self-isolation isn't bad.
Yeah but what will you do when you finished the books? Hopefully you have a nice collection xD.
Anyways this reminded me of a family friend special needs child who is quiet unhappy that he's been forced to re read all the library books hes taken out and have been unable to returnn them and get new ones to read.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yeah but what will you do when you finished the books? Hopefully you have a nice collection xD.
Anyways this reminded me of a family friend special needs child who is quiet unhappy that he's been forced to re read all the library books hes taken out and have been unable to returnn them and get new ones to read.
Get new ones. 4 came in today and 2 more are on the way. Plus if I got desperate enough, I can read online. I also have a kobo reader XD.
 
Last edited:

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
8,860
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Does anyone else find it weird that the surgeon general doesn't show up to these coronavirus briefings?
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,761
Reaction score
26,087
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Does anyone else find it weird that the surgeon general doesn't show up to these coronavirus briefings?
Not sure on the joint Trump briefings but I did
see that there was press conference with him link here.
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
8,860
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Not sure on the joint Trump briefings but I did
see that there was press conference with him link here.
Yeah I saw that and every now and then there will be a statement from him. But like isn't it his job to preside over Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx. I feel he should be one of the leading voices in the briefings and then delegate to those two for more specific issues.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,761
Reaction score
26,087
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah I saw that and every now and then there will be a statement from him. But like isn't it his job to preside over Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx. I feel he should be one of the leading voices in the briefings and then delegate to those two for more specific issues.
That is a good question, it could be that the adminstration won't allow him to join the briefings or he's chosen to take the behind the scenes approach.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Does anyone else find it weird that the surgeon general doesn't show up to these coronavirus briefings?
Who hired him as a surgeon general? And is he a Trump supporter?
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
8,860
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That is a good question, it could be that the adminstration won't allow him to join the briefings or he's chosen to take the behind the scenes approach.
With this administration, I could see that being the case. But as you linked above, Dr. Adam's still does make recommendations or statements every now and then. Also, he is a part of the task force and was at the briefings in early March, though he didn't say as much.

So I think he's probably behind the scenes. For me, since he's the face of public health, I'd like to see him with Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx.


Who hired him as a surgeon general? And is he a Trump supporter?
Trump nominated him in 2017
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
That explains everything. He came across as incompetent from what very little I've heard or seen of him
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
8,860
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That explains everything. He came across as incompetent from what very little I've heard or seen of him
Late Feburary, he said not to buy masks. This past week, everyone should wear masks.

Dr. Fauci is my hero
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Kind of understandable since medical workers need the masks more.
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
8,860
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh no doubt especially the n95 ones, no one should be hoarding those. It's more the guidelines presented to the people early on weren't stringent. A lot of stuff has been reactionary and just shows how the administration dropped the ball. But better late than never I guess
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Does anyone else find it weird that the surgeon general doesn't show up to these coronavirus briefings?
He's a stuffed suit. He's an anesthesiologist and a sailor, he has no expertise in handling pandemics.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Oh no doubt especially the n95 ones, no one should be hoarding those. It's more the guidelines presented to the people early on weren't stringent. A lot of stuff has been reactionary and just shows how the administration dropped the ball. But better late than never I guess
Yeah but because it was so late, so many lives have been lost, and it'll likely get even worse. And then you'll have Trump disregard warnings of second wave and try to end the quarantine early, and people will actually listen rather than wait out another week or two.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,761
Reaction score
26,087
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So found this breathing tech - sharing it here.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Boris Johnson has been taken into the ICU.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Apparently Trump's reason for recommending drugs that he did is because he has an investment in the companies that peddle the drugs. I can't spell the full name of hydro something, but yeah. Trash
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Peddle isn't the right word to use, it's a legit medicine. From what I've read Hydrochloroquine might be effective in cases where the immune response is so severe that inflammation is the real danger (like in the cases where young, healthy people are dying). However, it doesn't seem like it would do much of anything for those who are already immunocompromised and struggle to fight the infection already.

Regardless of his motives, constantly mentioning the drug is just an irresponsible thing to do. I guess if he stands to gain something from manufacturing a shitload of it, then his behavior makes more sense.
 
Top