Info D.Gray-man Reverse Novels Info & Discussion

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Reverse Novel 02 - Lavi's Chapter (The 49th Name)

thanks!!!! do you have a RAW for it??
 

DragonMoonZ

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2007
Messages
194
Reaction score
15
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Barbados
Re: Reverse Novel 02 - Lavi's Chapter (The 49th Name)

A stupid question for sure, but i see this novels around a lot, what are novels exactly? Stories like a book?
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: Reverse Novel 02 - Lavi's Chapter (The 49th Name)

not a stupid question at all... not many manga have novels...or I should say, not many manga light novel-tie-ins are seen outside of Japan.

and yeah, the Reverse novels are text stories. They tell the backstory of some of the characters (Allen, Kanda and Lavi, so far).... they're the "reverse side" of the current storyline, so to speak. In addition to the main story, each novel also features one...um... crack story is the only way to describe it.:XD
 
Last edited:

DragonMoonZ

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2007
Messages
194
Reaction score
15
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Barbados
Re: Reverse Novel 02 - Lavi's Chapter (The 49th Name)

not a stupid question at all... not many manga have novels...or I should say, not many manga light novel-tie-ins are seen outside of Japan.

and yeah, the Reverse novels are text stories. They tell the backstory of some of the characters (Allen, Kanda and Lavi, so far).... they're the "reverse side" of the current storyline, so to speak. In addition to the main story, each novel also features one...um... crack story is the only way to describe it.:XD
Thanks, i was a bit confused i thought manga couldn't have stories (without art you get the picture), but a nice addition indeed, helps the story make it even better:tem
 

melric

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2007
Messages
75
Reaction score
3
Gender
Female
Country
Honduras
Re: Reverse Novel 02 - Lavi's Chapter (The 49th Name)

Thanks for the info!

im not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is anyone translating (regularly) these novels? & is this the 1st chapter of the second novel?
 

harmaa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2007
Messages
205
Reaction score
17
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: reverse01 story3

Sorry to bump such an old thread - does anyone know if this novel has any illustrations?

If there are scans somewhere, I'd looooooove to see them.
 

TitaniumChloride

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
489
Reaction score
1,009
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Links to available Novel Translations

http://www.dgraydivinity.net/forum/...-d-gray-man-novel-translation-other-info.html

^ This thread has links to available translations of the D.Gray-Man novels, their pictures (somewhere under the first post in Spoilers), and their sources (includes a link to a blog with the raw text)

If you read them, you can find:
- Allen being popular among the ladies... (The Travelling Clergyman)
- Hints towards Lavi's right eye (The 49th Name)
- Some insight to the Earl (1,000 Tragedies)
- Where the potion that made Allen's hair grow long in recent chapters comes from (Bak Chan's Rhapsody (Capriccio) )

just to name a few. ;)
 

Darcy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 31, 2008
Messages
29
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Links to available Novel Translations

I just found this site recently as well! It is super helpful! I wish there was a more natural translation of the Black Order's Reunion Party, it is still insanely funny though! :D
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
Re: Links to available Novel Translations

If you read them, you can find:
- Allen being popular among the ladies... (The Travelling Clergyman)
- Hints towards Lavi's right eye (The 49th Name)
- Some insight to the Earl (1,000 Tragedies)
- Where the potion that made Allen's hair grow long in recent chapters comes from (Bak Chan's Rhapsody (Capriccio) )

just to name a few. ;)
So true! If it weren't for Lisa's obvious problem, she'd be in love with him too. XD I guess they HAD to put him with Lenalee in the anime to dumb down the all flirtatious remarks the women make of him. :P

Thanks for links!
 

geassman

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 16, 2008
Messages
30
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
South Korea
Re: Links to available Novel Translations

The first chapter links don't work. Help?

Oh and I didn't know that those witch eps and stuff was from novel. Thought they were pure filler.
 

Punky fish

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2007
Messages
216
Reaction score
90
Gender
Hidden
Country
Finland
Re: Links to available Novel Translations

- Allen being popular among the ladies... (The Travelling Clergyman)
"Allen-kun, you're so popular."
"Wha-what are you talking about?!"
I laughed at that for so long :D
 

geassman

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 16, 2008
Messages
30
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
South Korea
Re: Links to available Novel Translations

Did the link to the first chapter of the D Gray Man novel work for you? Didn't for me.
 

Punky fish

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2007
Messages
216
Reaction score
90
Gender
Hidden
Country
Finland
Re: Links to available Novel Translations

It didn't work. But this does^^
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Links to available Novel Translations

Er, small problem with that link: my system (FreeBSD) cannot open that file and I can't read it. Can you put it into a .zip format?
 

Punky fish

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2007
Messages
216
Reaction score
90
Gender
Hidden
Country
Finland
Re: Links to available Novel Translations

Um, go see the second page in that dgraydivinity novel thread thing, and there is that person who send this thing to there, so ask him....
 

relory

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2009
Messages
352
Reaction score
624
Gender
Female
Country
Norway
Re: DGM Hang Out Thread

When I saw the title I immediatly thought of this song: Tears of a Clown ... it fits Allen and Mana and Earl too pretty well, I must say :D

*cough* on topic-
I can't wait for this! I'm looking forward to know more about Allen and Mana's time together, I love those two! :amuse I'm actually thinking of ordering the book even though I don't know any Japanese (there might be pictures in the novel too though 8D).. maybe I should take a lightening course for the sake of this xD :p

it sounds kind of bittersweet..
 
Last edited:

aorin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2009
Messages
106
Reaction score
374
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Re: DGM Hang Out Thread

There seems to an update on the Amazon JP site on the third novel.

It has been retitled as D.Gray-man Reverse 3: Lost Fragment of Snow. Price: 680 Yen. Release date remains the same. Also, I'm guessing that the previous title 'The Child Who Doesn't Smile and The Clown Who Can't Cry' is the title for the first story while 'Rohfa's Days of Unrequited Love' is the second story, hopefully there'll be info about a third story soon. :'D

*jots down ISBN number for reservation*
 

relory

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2009
Messages
352
Reaction score
624
Gender
Female
Country
Norway
Re: DGM Hang Out Thread

*A* OMFG IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!! *_*

... okay, I'm SO ordering this book now, even though I cannot read Japanese :D
 
Top