DGM Art Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
8,295
Reaction score
258
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Hehe, thanks a lot, ttxdragon-san ^_____^
I am glad I made you happy with this Rhode wallie I am very proud of *_*.[br]Posted on: December 18, 2006, 11:32:54 AM_________________________________________________Oh and I have another artwork for DGM-lovers especially Rhode-lovers like me <3
It is my fifth vector I think but I hope you like it though. The original scan was really tiny >.<
But I just LUV this pic so I just had to colour it *_*

 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
ooooh :blink

that's actually pretty cool *glares*
 

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
8,295
Reaction score
258
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
thanks ^_^ a lot
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Lovely :thumbs But shouldn't her complexion be darker there since the crosses on her forehead and panties are showing?
 

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
8,295
Reaction score
258
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
OMG, I am really obsessed with DGM ^______^
I made another wallie. My fifth work of D. Gray-man now. I hope you like it. It features the Allen from cover chapter 82. I really like to share my works here. They also can be found on www.minitokyo.net XD.

 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
woohaa ;____________; ... thank you, I'll change my bg image with this one^^
 

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
5,662
Reaction score
299
Gender
Hidden
Country
Venezuela
schwindelmagier,
do you have that pic without the white dots too? i think without them it would look better,
otherwise, as always, great work :)
 

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
8,295
Reaction score
258
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Thanks a lot for the comments, I am glad you like my works ^_^.
To ttxdragon-san: White dots? Ah, you mean the stars. No, I just have this version, gomen. ^.^". But glad you like it though.
 

tune

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2006
Messages
409
Reaction score
3
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
*tried to colour - uncompleted*
the colouring is just -wrong- about this... i need some advice please ::desperate::
(the gold/yellow colour? - i had too many wreather's originals that day...)

i'll be over the moon (or pluto) when the official illustration & colours comes out...soon
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
:blink

that's wonderful :clap ... watercolor?

I think the correct color is not that important, the pic is beautyful as it is ^^
 

tune

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2006
Messages
409
Reaction score
3
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
nope...digital art.
did the strokes on the fluff one by one >< ...but it was fun, 2 days straight.
when the official colours comes out & i'd decide to colour it again, i probably have to restart
(my colouring skills are inconsistant...that's y i have to finish a picture in 1 go)
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
tune said:
(my colouring skills are inconsistant...that's y i have to finish a picture in 1 go)
Sounds familiar, I also have to work straight on a pic >.>

But I really like they way you color it. Looks like watercolor. Have you used any recommendable tutorial to develop this nice style? o.O
 

tune

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2006
Messages
409
Reaction score
3
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
nope.
normal brush + smudge + burn + dodge
(i just started on photoshop last month...this picture was acutally a practice picture for cleaning & colouring, thats y i spent 2 days exploring photoshop's functions.)

thought that the light should be from the top left or right? hand corner shown down...so that makes the lighting on the left hand wrong depending on the landing...(uh-oh)...

*somehow, i'm always intriged by the lighting effects & how the highlights & shadows have to be. guess i really need to take up watercolouring to understand that...

me: mom, how'd you know the places where the highlights and shadows of a folded cloth will be? ignore the texture for now...
mom: see where the light hits - thats the high light & underneath the loop is the shadow. but sometimes, highlights can appear in shadows too - see that white portion?
and the shadows are not totally black
me: ??????? than what about the black & white pictures...you know, they are black and white....????
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
la..lala...last month? just a month? :blink ... I'm really impressed now.

Setting the lights and shadows is not easy and you need some practise for it. But I think you did it very well, especially for a beginner. I have much more problems to "see" the correct points, so my pics always look wrong :wall

Do you have an deviantART account?

What I would suggest is, to give it more depth to the body skin and a glass reflecion to the monocle.
 

tune

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2006
Messages
409
Reaction score
3
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
no account.

keeping the tips in mind...
*going thru previous links & finding where the shadows drop on faces & such...*
about the monocle > i was quite hesitant on how it actually looks like. *imagination=0%*
you're right though...it should be glass or something like that
(no single tutorial seems to get into my head...clueless)
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
tune said:
about the monocle > i was quite hesitant on how it actually looks like. *imagination=0%*
you're right though...it should be glass or something like that
(no single tutorial seems to get into my head...clueless)
.. why do I never find images when i'm searching for them? >.>

A monocle when blending that much, that you can't see the eye behind anymore is usually broken into 2-3 "light areas" ... ehem ... yes ... I have to excuse myself, it's nearly 4am and I'm just tired :D

You get the idea ...
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/10503468/
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/35619972/
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/41114891/
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/21154270/
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/18267647/

... just fit it into your own style, maybe with a very light grey and light blue in it.
To find out, you can also take a (new and clean) piece of money and hold it into the light till it reflects so much, that you barley can see the stamping.

//is now off to bed *yaaaaaawn* :bye
 

tune

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2006
Messages
409
Reaction score
3
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
nite~ and dont let the bedbugs bite*

thx for the links, i was hanging on frosted glass.
still, i probably won't get to work on it until the official colours are out :)
*gets to work on photoshop practicing, my grades are at skate...even if that's an elective module...*

i was wondering if a tablet other than wacom's is worth investing...the cheaper ones made in china...
after some snooping around...guess i should migrate to corel painter for colouring...

EDIT: thought i'd try the trial corel painter...and what better else than this :) corel paint is more difficult to use than photoshop imo, but i kinda like experimenting all those features...(tried looking at the base of a coke bottle the whole afternoon :darn
skipped the outline & all. just edited the skin tone & monocle with painter.
tell me if that seems ok...then i'll have to etch it in my mind how to colour the whole picture to the results needed...(the jpeg formet always seem to be more reddish than my photoshop format...)

EDIT2 @ 6th jan: alrighty...4th linali sketch with queeky (artpad alternative...)
(i posted my 1st drawing of linali but it somehow wont' load. 2nd wont load. the 3rd on queeky was too faded. 4th was ok, but this took 1 hr too anyway.)
javascript:ol('http://www.queeky.com/draw/gallery/redraw.php?pic=2672&card=76');

artpad is screwed on long-period drawings i guess....
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
tune said:
i was wondering if a tablet other than wacom's is worth investing...the cheaper ones made in china...
I own two A5 Lifetec and a A4 Aiptek (which is basically the same company >.>) and I tried some Wacoms at a friends (graphical designer) PC. The Wacom is better, but I wouldn't buy it just for Hobby art. My cheap tablets are doing fine, i can't complain.
And I would never buy a A4 tablet again, the A5 format is way enough especially for huge pics. You only hurt your arm when using A4 every time <.<

tune said:
EDIT2 @ 6th jan: alrighty...4th linali sketch with queeky
Very cute <3333

tune said:
just edited the skin tone & monocle with painter.
Oh, that's great. It fits your style and it looks awesome :kkthumbs
 

sokkenai

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 5, 2007
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
First post, Hello etc lol

Anyways, Wacom tablets are getting cheaper and cheaper. I bought my 4x5 for $100CA, (I should have bought a 6x8 since I find the 4x5's are really small, but as your first tablet it's not that bad an infestment.) Not to say other companies are bad, just that Wacom has a better reputation. I can't advice on anything else since I've only used Wacoms at school xD

I'm sure posting japanese fanart is not allowed, so here’s is a link to a webring that I noticed no one has stumbled upon. You’ll need Japanese encoding enabled to view the text properly.

http://www.d-gm.net
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top