I love the comic with Wisely: Yeah Sheryl, and you thought Tyki looked like a derelict. Wisely was one. I laughed my butt off, seeing Sheryl nearly scream at being forced to adopt the homeless (and homely) kid.
Great high qual scans! Nice if somebody did a word-for-word translation of these. The eternal struggle for the hairtie takes time between Bookman and Kanda, though it's funny Lenalee doesn't want to give him her hairties. Somebody on DGD also asked what would happen if Timothy pranked Lenalee.
So, I have a copy of DGM Vol. 19 with me now Sadly, I don't have a scanner, so I can't scan the materials inside. However, I did manage to snap some of the images with my camera phone (hence the low, almost abysmal quality of the images). I'll try and find a scanner soon to rescan the inner cover comic and maybe the 4-koma (I'm kinda worried about damaging the book).
Vol 19 Inner Cover
In case you are wondering, Sheryl is complaining about how vulgar is normal Tyki and that he's giving him the goosebumps whenever he's in that form. Not detered, Sheryl swore to change Tyki into My Fair Lady when the latter just told him to go away. Then, the Earl arrives with the recently found Wisely and told Sheryl that Wisely is 17 and he's currently homeless and that Sheryl has to adopt him.
Vol 19 Special Thanks Section: 4-koma Comic
For this one, Kanda asks for his hair tie back while Bookman just feigns innocence. Kanda turns around and demands a hair tie from Lenalee who was obviously not very happy about it. That night, Bookman placed the hair tie on auction and was very surprised to see the number of bids for it. Lavi asked Bookman what is that... while Bookman just told him to go to bed.
Vol 19 Special Thanks Section: Lavi
Vol 19: Hoshino older sister drawing and the Earl with Allen
It's obvious who's more gifted in drawing
AND LASTLY, A PREVIEW OF NOCHE (I highly suspect it's the cover)
EDIT: Can one of the mods move this over to the volume cover thread? Since all the materials here are related to Vol 19, I think it's better if it is in that thread instead D:
Moderator Notice: Got it! I'll move the posts following this one as well.~ riki
Wow the cover images are realy detailed, look at Allens suit and Roads dress. Road using thick soled shoes to look taller? lol. kidding ^^. I hope next time vol 20 has Wisely on it? whos with me!!! :P
yeah great choice Kanda + Wisely. Unless anyone like Renee gets a bigger role then she might get the cover. Or a new Wrath?
The other noah are not that big a deal. Tho havnt seen Lullubell on the cover yet.
*squeals and falls over twitching*
It looks good on him.
Also, I am now 100% positive that Hoshino has been reading/looking at her fan's doujinshi's and other works. There's just no other way she would be so dead, spot-on with her omakes. Bookman just ebayed Kanda's hair tie. I genuinely laughed.
WOW!! Timothy must be brave or an idiot. Nobody can escape Komui's wrath without a scratch or major trauma. But I'm still envious. He's lucky he is still young but... will that stop Komui. I guessing no.
Kanda's hair tie sold a lot, hasn't it. I wonder who are the majority of bidders though.
Looks like Sheryl has twice as hard to make both Tykki and Wisely men worthy of his praise.
As for the Noche art, I agree that it definitely resembles Kingdom Hearts but it is still good.
vol 19 sold for 1st week not as many as I think. oh well, let's see how the following goes. (One piece and Bleach in it too so I guess it can't be help)
These figures are pretty consistant btw. What might boost sales is if DGM went back in the air as anime,a movie? OVAs.
But if not it stays around this figure, and its not that bad btw. 5th in manga-country nr1 isnt bad ^^
Wow, thanks for the scans! It looks like Hoshino is really blossoming under Jump Square. Even though its a monthly series now, I almost feel like D.Gray-man getting twice the hype it used to before.
I really love the omake with Krory, Miranda, and Marie, it seems so natural that they'd hang out together, its really cute.
I don't know quite what to make of the body-snatching omake, it seems a bit fanservicey to me. :P
The Noche cover is amazing, and yeah, I think its totally paying homage to the Kingdom Hearts cover art. Either that or Hoshino was listening to the soundtrack so many times the album cover got embedded in her head. xD
vol 19 sold for 1st week not as many as I think. oh well, let's see how the following goes. (One piece and Bleach in it too so I guess it can't be help)
I think someone mentioned in the WSJ thread that volumes came out later in the week this month (on a Friday) and so have had less time to sell in their week than in past months. DGM's sales seem consistent to me - they're about the same as Reborn's.
well, look like it's ok with D.Gray (it's almost impossible to sell more than One Piece now, and Bleach always had a lot of fans, so, I think it's alright)