伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Country
India

Episodes: Unknown
Airing Date: Jan 7,2019
Producers: Twin Engine,Tezuka Productions,MAPPA
Genre: Action,Adventure,Demons,Historical,Shounen,Supernatural

Synopsis
A samurai lord has bartered away his newborn son's organs to forty-eight demons in exchange for dominance on the battlefield. Yet, the abandoned infant survives thanks to a medicine man who equips him with primitive prosthetics—lethal ones with which the wronged son will use to hunt down the multitude of demons to reclaim his body one piece at a time, before confronting his father. On his journeys the young hero encounters an orphan who claims to be the greatest thief in Japan.

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Country
India
Great start.

ThiS is a great series.

Crescent Jinx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
What happened to the puppy?!!! :gwah Or did I miss that?!!!! :gwah:gwah

Other than that it was good. Was really curious how they were going to remake such an old series.

Arjuna

Country
India
What happened to the puppy?!!! :gwah Or did I miss that?!!!! :gwah:gwah

Other than that it was good. Was really curious how they were going to remake such an old series.
Puppy got saved as far as I got.

They left the puppy go in return beat Dororo.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Country
United States
What? You haven’t watched this yet?

It’s really good!
I liked it. Doesn't sound like it left as strong an impression on me as it did you guys. It's certainly different. Pretty retro style, with the whole demon hunting period samurai thing.

Not really in my strike zone, I was always more of a Samurai Champloo and less of a Blade of the Immortal kind of guy, but I'm interested enough to watch more.

Admiral Teach

Country
Water Tribe
First episode was nowhere near as good as the original anime. The scene in the Hall of Hell was a severe letdown. Nothing about it was terrifying or built up like in the original. And the total black and white helped increase the drama.

The only good thing is how the women are given emotions, but it still kind of undoes some cruelty by the mother not being the one to put her son into the river. That was a heart-wrenching scene and her scream cuts like a knife. Also makes the father seem even more ruthless. Instead, we get boring scenes of a decapitated Buddha. Guess it was easier to do than the Hall of Hell. Heh.

Another thing that I dislike is Dororo himself. Nowhere near as spirited as the original, who is just outright irrepressible. Oh well. At least they're trying.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
Two demons killed in two episodes, more troubles for his father, a new ally(?) and explanations about Hyakkimaru's powers.

The reveal was nothing special but the execution was good. I am more surprised by the fact that the old guy looks the same after all these years.

Arjuna

Country
India
Nice Episode once again

The twist about the Demon was nicely done

Also good to see the old man.Will he join the party now?

Crescent Jinx

Country
Kingdom of Fiore
The first episode was more fun to me. I am just really happy my week starts with this and Mob. I want to know when he gets his eyes back, will he be able to still see the souls like he does? And his arms. Will he know how to hold a sword properly? How could he write his name? Still a good episode. My favorite part was when he didn’t kill the ugly dude spirit that the kid thought was the bad guy. Glad some spirits are shown to be good and he can see the difference between the two. Kind of wish he could hear and talk. At the same time, it’s interesing to see the interactions between him and Dororo with one of them not talking and the other talking too much. The blind man would be a nice addition in the sense we would have more conversation. It did make my heart heavy at the part Dororo told his name and tried to speak into the hand to introduce himself - which is what you normally do with a person who cannot see or hear. And made me sad that he keeps grabbing a prosthesis on someone who lacks sensory organs of any kind. These demons give me Inuyasha nostalgia. Wish the episode had shown more about what he was getting back then just stopping with all his nerves aglow. Guess will wait to next time o/.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Country
Italy
I wonder what he got back from the demons at the end....
Either way, I'm really enoying this series, because it also shows us the variety of monsters from japanese folklore.

Arjuna

Country
India
I wonder what he got back from the demons at the end....
Either way, I'm really enoying this series, because it also shows us the variety of monsters from japanese folklore.
Maybe bones or central nervous system.

Guess we will know next week.

Asako

Country
Tunisia
i think its the nerve system, we see in the episode how when he got hit he didnt feel anything now he probably feel pain

btw just wanted to say as someone who read the manga last week, this anime adapation is more like an original story for how much they changed ( and i actually like it better )

Manga spoilers of this episode changes

the biggest change is that here in the anime hyakkimaru have no way of communicating while in the manga he can telepathy talk to dororo and everyone else but i really like its been left out because here in the anime even if he cant hear or talk, he can still understand seeing by when dororo saddened when remembering his mother
hyakkimaru here feels like a different person then in the manga because of that

the second big change is that the old man here have a bigger role than in the manga from the looks of it, like he only appeared once or twice in the full series in the manga, plus he wasnt here in this bandai mini arc? only in a flashback of hyakkimaru

the third change is the fight...basically everything is new ( and the bigger reason to that is hyakkimaru not being able to communicate ) in the manga the fight happen with the villager rebelling on bandai, the "chief" didnt steal the money of the traveler but bandai stolen the money of the villager while giving little charity to make them believe her and follow her being the saveur......the villager also kicked dororo and hyakkimaru out while its raining right after they where saved by them while dororo was unconscious because of bandai :notrust

i should have just said that the full episode was changed and ended it there :XD but i really like this better

last episode also had changes like how many demons there is and more but it wasnt like this one with how important the changes in this episode

Last edited:

Lost in you

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Country
South Korea
I remembered watching the live-action when it came out so, this is great to see it comeback and so far, after one episode, I am satisfied. I will watch the second one tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)