Unknown Dororo

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Country
France
Samurais pick fights with kids? :amuse

Someone accommodates you, teaches you, helps people for years and suddenly you want to kill him because you learn he had a dark past... :oh

So, Hyakkimaru got his sense of pain back. He'll have to fight differently now. The last moment between Hyakkimaru and Jukai was touching. iI wonder when he'll meet his brother.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Country
India
Great Episode once again

Loved the backstory of Jukai and Hyakkimaru

Loved their last moments

So Hyakkimaru got his sense of pain back interesting i wonder how his fighting style will change.

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
Tunisia
Hyakkimaru being curious about this new sensation not understanding that pain isn't good for your body :XD

And ofc this episode also had a lot of changes so I'm gonna list them

The first one we is that we have an actual backstory of daddy doc as in the manga we didn't
The second is that daddy doc never hold a sword in the manga as he's not a fighter but a normal pure doc
The third is daddy doc only learned how to make body parts for other only when Hyakkimaru showed up in his life in the manga as he did it in the manga
The fourth is because daddy doc never hold a sword he wasn't Hyakkimaru mentor but it was old man-kun in a way because of the similarly of their cases being missing body part aka blind.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Country
Italy
Samurais pick fights with kids? :amuse
Back in the days, Samurai tested the sharpness of their sword on commoners, who, of course, had no right to obtain justice.
Either way, a beautiful backstory.

Last edited:

Lost in you

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Country
South Korea
Jukai's backstory was really saddening in my opinion. He felt guilty about the horrible acts that he had to commit but, in my opinion, with the current deeds that he is doing in order to help his patients has redeemed him.

Hyakkimaru finding about pain was cute!

Back in the days, Samurai tested the sharpness of their sword on commoners, who, of course, had no right to obtain justice.
Either way, a beautiful backstory.
Wasn't that mainly on children and woman?

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Mangahelper
Country
Italy
Jukai's backstory was really saddening in my opinion. He felt guilty about the horrible acts that he had to commit but, in my opinion, with the current deeds that he is doing in order to help his patients has redeemed him.

Hyakkimaru finding about pain was cute!

Wasn't that mainly on children and woman?
Nope, every commoner, regardless of the gender.

Lost in you

Country
South Korea
Nope, every commoner, regardless of the gender.
I see. It's really weird though that they would do something like that, I guess when power comes onto someone, they immediately want to show their superiority over the weakest.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Mangahelper
Country
Italy
I see. It's really weird though that they would do something like that, I guess when power comes onto someone, they immediately want to show their superiority over the weakest.
That's how the life during the Warring States era was.

Sky

Master of Masters
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Country
Germany
The show itself gets quite "boring" from time to time.
Though I can't even imagine what it is like to hear for the first time.

Arjuna

Country
India
I enjoyed this episode.

The sword reminds me of To Love-Ru Darkness and JoJo part 3.

Maybe the authors were influenced by Dororo or Japanese mythology.

So he got his ear back, waiting for him to get his eyes back.

Oh I thought the old man will be with the group seems like no at least now.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
So, did the sister kill herself or something?

Arjuna

Country
India
So, did the sister kill herself or something?
As far as I know it's implied.Bit open ended.We have to see next episode.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Really depressing episode

I knew from the moment when it was stated Mio works in night

I feel bad for her and the children,i hope she gets happiness.

Also Dororo calls Hyakkimaru 'Aniki".

Hyakkimaru got back his voice but lost his leg

Next Episode Preview

Wowzers

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
Canada
Hyakkimaru got back his voice but lost his leg
The leg was a prosthetic before though, I thought. I was thinking he's actually getting the leg back as his body rejects the prosthetic and regrows the leg.
However, he did start to make sound so...

Maybe what happened was he got his voice back, but the demon injured him on the leg. The leg also has a prosthetic, so he may still get that recovered when he kills the demon with that body-part.

[/wishful-thinking]

Arjuna

Country
India
The leg was a prosthetic before though, I thought. I was thinking he's actually getting the leg back as his body rejects the prosthetic and regrows the leg.
However, he did start to make sound so...

Maybe what happened was he got his voice back, but the demon injured him on the leg. The leg also has a prosthetic, so he may still get that recovered when he kills the demon with that body-part.

[/wishful-thinking]
Nuh it's his real leg part.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
Still not used to this "new" body, huh? I can't believe he lost his real leg like this. I guess he'll use the prosthetic now. These last two episodes Dororo reminded me of Speedwagon.

Mio's job was obvious. I hope Hyakkimaru won't have to put a red flower on her grave or something... :wonder

Still, he has his voice now! I wonder if he'll be able to speak normally.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Mangahelper
Country
Italy
I could tell from a mile away what Mio's job was.
Poor girl, she's sacrificing her body in order to save the lives of the children that she brought with her.
By the way, what a pity that Hyakkimaru lost the leg that he had gotten back...

Asako

Country
Tunisia
First feeling he feels is pain
First sound he hears is a woman cry
First time he uses his voice is to scream

I wonder if the first thing he will see is Mio dead body :emobirb

And rip his real leg, didn't expect that he will lose the first body part he ever gained.

for the changes well it's basically everything that happened here was a flashback in the manga meaning Dororo was never there with him, also this place was Hyakkimaru training place that the priest in his flashback guided him to ( Hyakkimaru was depressed that he can't do anything with a body like his andandso wanted the priest to teach him how he can fight soo priest kun went to show him the struggle of these children that also did lose their body parts but even so keep moving on )
There he meet Mio, also Mio in the manga didn't have this kinda job

For last episode there was little changes so I didn't brother much but basically dororo wanted that cool sword so he pick it up ignoring Hyakkimaru warning ( he joined Hyakkimaru in his journey at first just to get a sword..ahem steal I mean )
I forgot but I think he did end up killing some people
Also the fight between Hyakkimaru and the other guy was more like a battle of mind at first, a psych battle.

Oh and btw dororo in the manga never called Hyakkimaru by his name but Aniki form the start

Yea it's two different series with different events and personality of the characters at least MCs
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Ok seeing the preview the demon wasn't defeated yet so his voice may have came back in exchange for his leg.
There still a chance he will get back his leg when he defeat the monster.

Lost in you

Country
South Korea
This episode made me cry.
Mio having to sell her body to keep the other children safe is a really sad act, she accept to live those horrible moments for the sake of others.
Hyakkimaru was deeply touched by the song that Mio sang and felt peaceful hearing it, maybe imo, he could feel the warmth of a mother in Mio.

Hyakkimaru losing his leg is sad considering that he had it back not too long ago.

The only negative aspect that I find is Dororo not getting any developments, his character has somehow become stall.

Asako

Country
Tunisia
The only negative aspect that I find is Dororo not getting any developments, his character has somehow become stall.
Don't skip events, Dororo will get his development soon enough if the Op didn't make it obvious, right now the anime is focusing on mr.who can't comprehend these new body parts before dororo as he have a more priority right now.

(Well his development kinda started with him now calling him Aniki and not Hyakkimaru )

Lost in you

Country
South Korea
Don't skip events, Dororo will get his development soon enough if the Op didn't make it obvious, right now the anime is focusing on mr.who can't comprehend these new body parts before dororo as he have a more priority right now.

(Well his development kinda started with him now calling him Aniki and not Hyakkimaru )
I know but, it's hard to become attached to a character that has barely to zero development at all. Hyakkimaru for the most part has had plenty of development and even the old priest somehow feels more like a well-shaped character, Dororo has been presented as young Orphan that stole from bandits to sell their goods to make money, since then, not only hasn't he even attempted to stole anything or even care about making money anymore. Why is it that he wanted to make money before meeting Hyakkimaru?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)