Unknown Dororo

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
Tunisia
I know but, it's hard to become attached to a character that has barely to zero development at all. Hyakkimaru for the most part has had plenty of development and even the old priest somehow feels more like a well-shaped character, Dororo has been presented as young Orphan that stole from bandits to sell their goods to make money, since then, not only hasn't he even attempted to stole anything or even care about making money anymore. Why is it that he wanted to make money before meeting Hyakkimaru?
Well that's part of what the anime changed, Dororo in the manga kinda still cares about stealing and because of it he gets in problems and also gets Hyakkimaru into trouble with him ( he's following Hyakkimaru just to steal his swords...in the start that is )
I guess the anime overlooked that part, still I prefer what the anime is doing than the manga.
For the backstory you'll get it soon

Lost in you

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Country
South Korea
Well that's part of what the anime changed, Dororo in the manga kinda still cares about stealing and because of it he gets in problems and also gets Hyakkimaru into trouble with him ( he's following Hyakkimaru just to steal his swords...in the start that is )
I guess the anime overlooked that part, still I prefer what the anime is doing than the manga.
For the backstory you'll get it soon
I think they should have keep it. Alter it a little but keep it.

I hope so.

Seven777

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
Australia
Man, this anime is gripping as hell. I should watch it more regularly.

So can Hyakkimaru actually understand Japanese? And will he be able to speak it now?
Pretty rough losing his new leg, i'm assuming that killing more demons wont regrow that one.

Tux

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Country
Australia
Why didn't I pick this up sooner...

I'd watched a bunch of the original anime years ago and it was a little too, almost campy I guess. 60's Manga and Anime always were though :XD

This adaptation is fantastic. I have an idea as to how the story will play out, but I'm hoping they at least alter the ending a little bit.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Man, this anime is gripping as hell. I should watch it more regularly.

So can Hyakkimaru actually understand Japanese? And will he be able to speak it now?
Pretty rough losing his new leg, i'm assuming that killing more demons wont regrow that one.
From what I can remember, he won't be able to speak actual words until
he regains his "true voice", which was separate from his ability to use his auditory senses at first

Seven777

Country
Australia
Why didn't I pick this up sooner...

I'd watched a bunch of the original anime years ago and it was a little too, almost campy I guess. 60's Manga and Anime always were though :XD

This adaptation is fantastic. I have an idea as to how the story will play out, but I'm hoping they at least alter the ending a little bit.

From what I can remember, he won't be able to speak actual words until
he regains his "true voice", which was separate from his ability to use his auditory senses at first
But can he understand what everyone is saying?

Hll

Country
India
Next Episode Preview

Thank God I thought that she would be killed by those two dudes, but now I fear that Hyakkimaru might see the girl dying when he regains his sight.

Seven777

Country
Australia
Man that was brutal. I kinda hoped he'd come back and live with her when the story ends, he fit right in with that lot. Very depressing.
So Hyakkimaru did get his leg back from that demon? Thats handy.

Tux

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Country
Australia
I wasn't expecting Mio to die so soon honestly. I don't often find scenes hard to watch, but that brutal murder... They were mostly just kids! That really hit me hard. I figured that Mio would stick around as a love interest for Hyakkimaru, since she was such a central and repeating character appearing in the OP. This adaptation only gets better and it's already up there for best anime adaptation of 2019 in my eyes. Even better than TPN. You can't get this quality easily.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Country
India
That was a great Episode.

Really felt sad for Mio.

True I agree with @Tux this might be the best show of the season.

Asako

Country
Tunisia
Ok even tho I knew form long ago that she was going to die by getting killed with the childrens, it's still hit hard :emocat
Especially when Hyakkimaru started brutally getting revenge while screaming...
I wasn't expecting Mio to die so soon honestly. I don't often find scenes hard to watch, but that brutal murder... They were mostly just kids! That really hit me hard. I figured that Mio would stick around as a love interest for Hyakkimaru, since she was such a central and repeating character appearing in the OP. This adaptation only gets better and it's already up there for best anime adaptation of 2019 in my eyes. Even better than TPN. You can't get this quality easily.
Congrats, You got fouled by the op, too bad this isn't such a light hearted serie for the love interest to survive :derp (but they did great at hiding the fact that she get killed by the op giving more impact when it happen )
I think in term of adaption it's the best one in this season ( TPN adaptation is meh and I'm honestly sad about that such a great serie get a meh adaptation in my eyes )

The song mio sings

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Country
France
Mio is the first thing he says... :feelsbadman

Samurais kill everything, they didn't even spare the orphans... Their leader will probably report to his father, who will connect the dots I guess.

Lost in you

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Country
South Korea
That was a very sad episode. It made me cry.

I didn't understand how did Hyakkimaru's leg got back but, I am kinda glad it did.

Asako

Country
Tunisia
That was a very sad episode. It made me cry.

I didn't understand how did Hyakkimaru's leg got back but, I am kinda glad it did.
It was a trade off, when the demon took his leg, his voice that the demon took returned to him and now that the demon is dead he got back his leg

Sky

Master of Masters
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Country
Germany
Those demons sure are handy. Like a pawnshop.

Damn that was brutal. Hyakkimaru basically entered rage mode here and had some brutal kills left and right.

Poor Mio. But then again this isn't a Nakama show with heavy plot armor. Ancient Japan was brutal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)