Shounen Double Arts by Komi Naoshi

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I found a spoiler on 2ch; hope it is okay if I post here. ^^;
ダブルアーツ

キリの力はキリを含め触れた人間の生命力強化というか免疫力、治癒力上昇をする 
さらにキリを含め触れた人間の筋力や体力、肉体的な強さをおよそ2倍にする  
触れた人間が2人なら2倍、5人なら5倍、10人なら10倍、100人なら100倍といったかんじになる 
この力をキリは「フレア」と呼んでいる 
 
これから先、重大な事件が起きるらしいです

 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
awesome sauce!
summary: Kiri has an ability he calls "Flare" 「フレア」 that can increase the strength and abilities and immunity of people by the number of people he's touching. If he's touching 2 persons their strength will double, if he touches 5 people their strength will increase by 5 times, and so on. But apparently it caused some serious trouble in the past when it first arose. (not sure if I'm reading that part right)

...so basically he's a Team Fortress medic.:XD
 

Zoe

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2006
Messages
252
Reaction score
104
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
United States
:lol

I'd like to see him touching 100 people at once
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
never expected to be this ability so specific. But how do you put that in those knifes attack?
 

LegACy

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2008
Messages
568
Reaction score
690
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
that's a different ability I think

anyway, cool ability, like to see it more in action
 

Zoe

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2006
Messages
252
Reaction score
104
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Well, El asks him if it's from the previous day's fight, and the way he starts to answer (before he's interrupted by his mom) hints that it might not have been. Then his mom comes in and teases him about it. Maybe El was thrashing about in her sleep...:XD
Looks like you were right :heh
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I am going to wait to say anything before a Edited Manga comes out

but what I saw was very nice. Loved the end where kiri is so unlucky in his bed :D
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Loved the end where kiri is so unlucky in his bed
well all he has to do is hold her down tight when they're asleep, yo.
;)

but about the chapter, wow, er...
LOTS of backstory and exposition in this chapter. Wow.

Although Kiri's powers seem to be a little TOO perfect.Even for a shonen hero. But the tone of Elle's narration seems to imply in the future, Kiri's power turns out to be maybe... not as positive?:notrust It will be interesting to see when the story catches up to the point she's narrating from. But I'm glad that the "heaviness" Elle experienced was just normal gravity and not some insidious side effect of Kiri's power.

I wonder if Team Falzon shows up next chapter. Kiri's had his friend show up, time to see some of Elle's!
 

Zoe

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2006
Messages
252
Reaction score
104
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
United States
well all he has to do is hold her down tight when they're asleep, yo.
;)
I thought the same thing but didn't want to be the one to say it :P
 

LegACy

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2008
Messages
568
Reaction score
690
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I wonder if Team Falzon shows up next chapter. Kiri's had his friend show up, time to see some of Elle's!
I'd think they're going to meet more Gazelle after this, and Falzen will shows up when kiri and friends are in a pinch
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
LOTS of backstory and exposition in this chapter. Wow.

Although Kiri's powers seem to be a little TOO perfect.Even for a shonen hero. But the tone of Elle's narration seems to imply in the future, Kiri's power turns out to be maybe... not as positive?:notrust It will be interesting to see when the story catches up to the point she's narrating from. But I'm glad that the "heaviness" Elle experienced was just normal gravity and not some insidious side effect of Kiri's power.
Maybe ell is worried that if kiri somehow stops the effect of the troy and he has an ability to multiplie someones strength when he touches someone then my guess: els resistence just becomes stronger by kiris ability but on the other hand when someone with troy infected desease touches kiri then that would mean troys effect accumulate too
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Maybe ell is worried that if kiri somehow stops the effect of the troy and he has an ability to multiplie someones strength when he touches someone then my guess: els resistence just becomes stronger by kiris ability but on the other hand when someone with troy infected desease touches kiri then that would mean troys effect accumulate too
I don't think it works that way, or Elle's seizure would have gotten worse the first time he touched her and she would have died. Kiri's ability boosts the body's strength, but apparently not the strength of the germs or viruses that reside in it - remember he cured someone's cold.

it's interesting though - Elle's touch brings death, while Kiri's brings life.
 

~Lilium~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
British Antarctic Territory
:nuts wow I'm loving this manga already! all the chapters were good *so far* I hop it stays that way :D

LOTS of backstory and exposition in this chapter. Wow.

Although Kiri's powers seem to be a little TOO perfect.Even for a shonen hero. But the tone of Elle's narration seems to imply in the future, Kiri's power turns out to be maybe... not as positive?:notrust It will be interesting to see when the story catches up to the point she's narrating from. But I'm glad that the "heaviness" Elle experienced was just normal gravity and not some insidious side effect of Kiri's power.

I wonder if Team Falzon shows up next chapter. Kiri's had his friend show up, time to see some of Elle's!
I do hope that it's not all positive... :oh that would be a let down since there won't be interesting going on.
and... yeah... kiri seems to perfect... maybe later on some people with the same or similar 'powers' at him will show up?"
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I really liked this chapter thanks to the backstory and exposition. We finally know why Sui is so strong and we learn more about Kiri's abilities. Just what is he?
I also liked Elle's foreshadowing.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
after reading the scan, I am very suprised about how much information the have given about kiri and sui. Especially about kiri. Hmm interesting: there are four folks and nagi were one of them. I wonder if three others will play an important role? I wonder if kiri maybe is part of or maybe like sui he's a pure descendant of a folk (let's say kiris parents lie to him to protect him by saying he's their son while he was an adopted orphan). Maybe kiri is part of a folk that had sisters abilities.

Let's say: military, science and two others are folks part
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
This manga keeps on a-rockin'.
 

LegACy

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2008
Messages
568
Reaction score
690
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I wonder what kind of world Komi Naoshi has prepared for us all... Looks like it's gonna be another deep, complicated kinda fantasy world ^^
 

Toboe LoneWolf

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 10, 2008
Messages
45
Reaction score
13
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
It kinda surprised me that Kiri just blabbed out that he was immune to Troi to basically the whole village...when earlier on Elle was saying they needed to hide the fact to protect him from assassins...

Then again, they've already had 2 people go after them. >> "Bring it on?" Sui would like that, perhaps.
 

segua

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
2,677
Reaction score
348
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, with two people, Kiri is already dangerous. I'm sure it's not just physical strength that gets boosted but also physical capabilities also. Dunno if the manga specifically state anything else.
 
Top