Shounen Double Arts by Komi Naoshi

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Yay, Heim is still alive T_T
what I believed and told, it would be too sad to let him die for no reason eventually :p
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Yay, Heim is still alive T_T
*pumps fist* do I know my shonen tropes or what?XD I guess he won't be going with Elle and Kiri though...I don't think he's going to be healed enough.

and... Gazelle missionaries? Is this a holy war, now?
 

pirate-hitman:L

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
191
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Who might this other person be? The plot thickens!
 

LegACy

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2008
Messages
568
Reaction score
690
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
...well, it appears that Kiri's Flare ability is a special one instead of race-based. Hmm... I have a guess. I think, Flare is somehow actually related to Troi, like one of the founder of Gazelle has Flare and use that ability to create Troi. So, since Troi is originated from Flare, Kiri's Flare also makes him immunte to Troi, just like Zezu said
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
perhaps Flare makes Kiri and mystery person immune to all diseases and not just Troi?

Does anyone think that Elle's condition might be improving? Initially I was disappointed that she was still going into seizures when she and Kiri are separated, but then I remembered that she was starting to go transparent when they first met. Now it seems like there's a delay between when they're separated and when the seizures start. But I'm still worried that the next time they get separated, she'll only have a few seconds before she disappears.
 

alexlw92

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2007
Messages
326
Reaction score
75
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i think that everyones missing the most significant part of the chapter (unless this was already in a previous chapter)
on the last page, elraine narrates the story from a future standpoint meaning

a)she survives
and
b1)kiri is still alive or
b2)they found a cure for troi, but kiri is dead, or
b3)kiri is alive and there is a cure for troi.

it also means that there is going to be a definite ending without going obnoxiously long, unlike mangas like onepiece (no offense).

but i dont get how they can make this an adventure manga with kiri having only one ability, elraine having none, and them two having one obvious fatal weakness...that all the bad guys know about
 

LegACy

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2008
Messages
568
Reaction score
690
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
it also means that there is going to be a definite ending without going obnoxiously long, unlike mangas like onepiece (no offense)
Says who?
It still can be sooooo looong... Heck, probably even more than the future where Elle is narrating! (Say, Elle in the present is narrating about how he met Kiri, the story finally reach that present, and then, it still continues, without Elle's narration anymore)
but i dont get how they can make this an adventure manga with kiri having only one ability, elraine having none, and them two having one obvious fatal weakness...that all the bad guys know about
well... problem is, we still don't know Flare much. It can be more than a simple ability to boost strenght and immunity. And don't forget, Kiri also has that artistic ability! (Honestly, most shonen main char has only 1 ability, like Naruto with Kyubi inside him, Luffy with his gomu gomu fruit)
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Elle has been narrating in past tense since chapter 1. Her narration paused in the last couple of chapters, but started up again in the last few pages of the latest chapter. Some of us have noticed that it sounds a bit ominous. (I think from chapter 2 where Elle says "I will always consider meeting your family as one of the greatest honors of my life")

I think that what we're seeing now is a long flashback. Eventually the story will catch up to the point that Elle is narrating from, and then continue on in "real-time".

:edit: hey, come to think of it, isn't that also how FFX works?
when the game starts, we see the characters encamped outside Zamarkand, but they don't actually get to Zamarkand till about halfway through the game. And the first half of the game until that point is narrated by Tidus.

...uh, but then Tidus sacrifices himself in the end to save everyone, of course :darn
I hope Komi isn't THAT big a FF fan...
 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Elle has been narrating in past tense since chapter 1. Her narration paused in the last couple of chapters, but started up again in the last few pages of the latest chapter. Some of us have noticed that it sounds a bit ominous. (I think from chapter 2 where Elle says "I will always consider meeting your family as one of the greatest honors of my life")

I think that what we're seeing now is a long flashback. Eventually the story will catch up to the point that Elle is narrating from, and then continue on in "real-time".
I agree with you, I think it's the feeling we're supposed to have

for me the most interesting part of the story: that zezu said or thought how will you use your power. So maybe this confirms what I have always thought: kiri uses his flare against troi but I really rest my case that flare can be used WITH troi (and that'll be dangerous). Or does he refer to the sisters vs missionaries war?
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
The narration doesn't mean she survives. For example...(Spoilers from a certain game)
In Final Fantasy X, Tidus narrates the whole story only to die at the end.

EDIT: Oh sorry I just noticed that haya5h1 mentioned that already. I started replying as soon as I read the narration comment and forgot about reading the rest of the posts haha.
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
haha, I just thought of it myself and edited my post 10 hours laterXD Great minds think alike!
he's not dead, he just uh... went home! yeah! and if you play X-2 right, you can get him back:3

So even if Elle "dies", I.E. disappears completely, she may not be really gone and can be brought back. (unless Komi decides to do an Aerith on her) and maybe her death causes Kiri to do something desperate like make a deal with the devil.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
haha, I just thought of it myself and edited my post 10 hours laterXD Great minds think alike!
he's not dead, he just uh... went home! yeah! and if you play X-2 right, you can get him back:3

So even if Elle "dies", I.E. disappears completely, she may not be really gone and can be brought back. (unless Komi decides to do an Aerith on her) and maybe her death causes Kiri to do something desperate like make a deal with the devil.
Yeah I know,I also played X-2.
*stops to think* Double arts is very much like FFX.
Who would be Double arts "seymour" then? Does anyone have a hair style ridiculous enough to be him?
....god I swear that every time I saw seymour in FFX I thought he was going to attack me with his hair.

To people who haven't played FFX,see this picture and understand what I mean by that:



...okay off the ffx subject....(but expect me to compare every single chapter with a ffx moment! haha).....but Elle kinda looks/acts like Yuna.
...*is shot*

Okay back to the manga,this is the first manga that it seems like it's going to last forever that I have been reading ever since chapter 1 was released. It's one of those that makes me want to read waaaay more chapters than 1 per week.
 

LegACy

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2008
Messages
568
Reaction score
690
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
regarding FFX.
Nope. If I remember it correctly, Tidus narrates it from the point before they reach zanarkand (You know, where they're taking a rest and tidus looking over zanarkand) From there on, no more narration.

So, the same could be applied to Elle ^^
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
*stops to think* Double arts is very much like FFX.
Who would be Double arts "seymour" then? Does anyone have a hair style ridiculous enough to be him?
I immediately thought of Zezu, but his hair doesn't have attacky bits. He's got the pretty boy thing going though.

...okay off the ffx subject....(but expect me to compare every single chapter with a ffx moment! haha).....but Elle kinda looks/acts like Yuna.
...*is shot*
Isn't there a part in the game where Yuna wakes up in a hurry and has bed hair?:XD
...this is giving me stupid ideas for DA/FFX crossover fanart.:p

*cough* anyway, back to DA...It sure feels like forever between chapters:XD but I think Komi has a definite conclusion in mind. One thing I am worried about is whether Elle will live to see it...
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I immediately thought of Zezu, but his hair doesn't have attacky bits. He's got the pretty boy thing going though.


Isn't there a part in the game where Yuna wakes up in a hurry and has bed hair?:XD
...this is giving me stupid ideas for DA/FFX crossover fanart.:p

*cough* anyway, back to DA...It sure feels like forever between chapters:XD but I think Komi has a definite conclusion in mind. One thing I am worried about is whether Elle will live to see it...
Yeah it was right after the temple of...something. can't remember which temple though. It was right after the "Hey let's kill sin and become main characters! Oh wait...Right,we can't kill a gigantic monster with a couple of canons. Dang it! I wish I had thought this thr..*dies*" thing right?

...wait. One more similarity between FFX and DA!
[SPOILER="Somewhat small FFX Spoiler]
...Sin kinda looks like troy. And the summoners look like the sisters.[/spoiler]

Uh sorry if I can't go on comparing FFX and DA for like a thousand posts,but damn they are similar! And we have to wait until we have at least a spoiler...So...Mr.Moderatorwhoeveryouare is it okay to discuss the similarities of FFX and DA until we get a spoiler or a new chapter?
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
on topic: what is your guess the fact zezu knows more about flare? Do you think it's part of his history or more part of his presence? Otherwise asked: does zezu know a person with flare or did he know someone? And why didn't he eventually kill kiri?

I am more curious about zezu: I wonder how you'll use it - referring to flare

Trying to get this back on topic
 
Last edited:

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
My guess is Zezu held off on killing Kiri to avoid possibly pissing off the other guy who's got Flare power - just in case they're related or something. Zezu doesn't know anything about where Kiri's from, and the very fact that he has this power that "only one person" is supposed to have sugggests a connection. This could mean that the other Flare person might be very strong- powerful enough so even Zezu doesn't want him/her mad at him.

Or, the Gazelle might have interest in recruiting Kiri because of his special powers. and so Zezu wants to capture him alive, but needs to check with his comrades first. He did say the Gazelles would be after Kiri from now on.

and I think FF discussion isn't entirely off topic if we can show how Komi seems to be directly influenced by it or other video games... Kiri has a Keyblade after all :p *runs away*

let this be the last thing that is said about Double Arts and FF comparison ;) ~koenosaki
 
Last edited by a moderator:

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Spoilers are out!

どんな辛い世界の闇の中でさえ きっとあなたは輝いて~
The spoiler guy may be commenting on something; not sure

前のレスは関係ないので気にしないで下さいw

物語の流れは
協会本部に報告し、町を出る事を決意→スイ合流→三人で出発

初恋もM0もなくなってしまったので、夕食とったら詳細書きますねw
The next one is from someone else; I don't know if the picture is reliable since it seems somewhat suspicious that the text ink is darker than the rest of the picture.
来週

祭り準備終了した夜、キリ宅でこれ以上待てないからミリティアをこっちから迎えに行くとキリ宣言
ヘイムさんが護衛になるというけど傷口イタタですぐ座り込む
窓の外で聞いてたスイ「アタシがついてくよ」
来週

1枚
 

Zoe

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2006
Messages
252
Reaction score
104
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
United States
That pic is definitely photoshopped.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Certainly a fake spoiler picture and if not then I am infected by troi itself :D
 
Top