Shounen Double Arts by Komi Naoshi

Succubus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
580
Reaction score
565
Gender
Male
Country
Genosha
agreeed.. Sui is the best character ever I've seen in short time lol... her fighting style is awesome I loove it

damm everyone character design looks great!<3

Farran wtfpwned Avro lool hmm his fighting style reminds me of Kung Fu - Tiger Style.. noot sure

anyyways I loove this great chapter... can't wait for scan and next chapter ><

BAM! That is a word! Such a good punch, I haven´t seen since Ruffy´s instant victory about Bellamy!
veery true Luffy is awesome

I think Sui is in Love now...XD
yea sui is farran's new stalker xD
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow, another great chapter. There is yet to be a character introduced that I don't like. As has been previously mentioned, Sui is awesome as usual. Her facial expressions made me laugh quite a bit this chapter. 45 pages made for a great chapter as well, I mean, we got three fights (granted two lasted about two panels apiece). It was good to see Kiri and Elle fighting a la chapter 1 again.

Farran is also quite great! I love how Avro was supposedly really dangerous and he got one hit ko'ed by Farran. I can't wait to see Sui's reaction next chapter :).

P.S. Kiri you lucky bastard! On page 25 Elle gives him permission to use her to till his hearts content ;). If only Mink had heard that :smile-big!
 

Neji2112

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
76
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
this chapter was awesome! i'm gald they got the fight over with in one chapter, instead of dragging it out over three. it makes thing so much more bearable. Sui is hilareous as usual! i can so see her doing that in hopefully a future anime episode, when she like "awww... why???"! lol
Fallan is badass as susual, and he took Avro out in one punch. sui aparently had no problem with the axe guy. and took him out no problem. i love how Sui Broke that one assasins neck knocking him out cold on pg 34. cant wait for next weeks raws!
 

Scakiana

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
59
Reaction score
2
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
France
I just read the 13 whole chapters of Double Arts.
It really surprised me : It's been sooo long since a "good" shônen came out. I mean, I like MxO and co, but in my opinion, they got better after the first chapters. Double Arts is amazing since the first one ^^

Sui is really an impressive character. She reminds me Envy in his "human" form. He has scary facial expressions just like her, and the way they're dressed, their hair... maybe it's just my imagination, but I really think they do look alike.
It's really good that we have an interesting female character. She's above all my expectations! I thought she was only here to be the "flowerpot" but seems she's not...

And I really liked 'Island', one of Komi-sensei's oneshots. He's really attached to children's dreams :)

Well, back to the new chapter :
I think we'll see more of Elle+Kiri fights, and the perspectives of some acrobatic figures while holding hands or neck or whatever is really exciting (for me ^^).

Oh, yes, and, last thing : Elle and Kiri seem to be the the weakest of the crow... that's interesting :) Maybe the others will teach them some things?


(and sorry for my english :S)
 
Last edited:

Quetz

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2008
Messages
496
Reaction score
18
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I definitely see the parallel between sui and envy. I really like her personality and fighting style, especially the way she sheathes her weapon.
 

shrimpy

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
1,118
Reaction score
1,447
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
can't help but wonder if farran is actually an ability user, like kiri...and if so, if his vow is somehow related to being able to use it...

i'm probably just reading too much into it.

I also speculate that Farran will train kiri and elle, hence the name of the series. their very own martial art - double arts.

(ps - MA used my script (ch13) before it was done. although not a big deal, the last couple pages are slightly different. it is my fault for posting prematurely, so i apologize about that)
 

Kioras

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2008
Messages
88
Reaction score
15
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
At least it was not 45 pages text heavy as the other chapters have been.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
U c what a trans/scan can do. Based on the raw I was always thinking avro was trying to convince farran teaming up with him but now it seems farran is an known guy among the gazelle (but they didn't expect our heroes to meet farran). At least he seems to be an important person: dealing against 500 bandits in an instant sounds promising.

Very good chapter and yes SUI rocked once AGAIN
 

LegACy

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2008
Messages
568
Reaction score
690
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
(ps - MA used my script (ch13) before it was done. although not a big deal, the last couple pages are slightly different. it is my fault for posting prematurely, so i apologize about that)
Well, actually, I was planning to correct some bubbles based on your trans, but since I found out I have to go, I just used the one from the spoiler ^^

(And I choose "let's fight" instead of "we need to fight" because, well, it's a lot cooler ^^)
 

Scakiana

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
59
Reaction score
2
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
France
(yep, "we need to fight" sounds more like an obligation, something they won't do out of free will)

Farran can train them, maybe he can helps the kids that way : he can't fight to protect them, and I suppose it's something related to his past so we probably won't know his reason soon.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I wonder what farrans answers will be. The futureteller told him he would eventually meet up with kiri and co, he'll eventually join the kids because they might be able to help him out or something along those lines. Curious if you ask me
 

shrimpy

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
1,118
Reaction score
1,447
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Well, actually, I was planning to correct some bubbles based on your trans, but since I found out I have to go, I just used the one from the spoiler ^^

(And I choose "let's fight" instead of "we need to fight" because, well, it's a lot cooler ^^)
Yeah, as you might have seen I ended up changing it back anyway. Sometimes I gotta write it out and go back to it when I'm trying to think of what sounds best. BTW great job on the quality of your cleaning as usual.
 

Scakiana

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
59
Reaction score
2
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
France
waw great! (there's even cosplay after 13 chapters... that's quite awesome, don't you think?)
That's a good idea, I'll try to make one this summer. (tough this won't be really a success because DA is still totally unknow ^^)
 

Succubus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
580
Reaction score
565
Gender
Male
Country
Genosha
awesome indeed.. I think DA is pretty popular for new series..

there are so many fake spoilers on the 2ch --
 

Neji2112

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
76
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
well this definitly shows that the new manga is deffinitly gaining alot of attention, and it becoming really popularm i cant wait to see Sui's, Fallan's, and Kiri's costume! lol i think they will look really good on people, so long as the people wearing them are respectively good looking of course, because i've seen some pretty bad cos-play pics... XP...
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I wonder when the eventual anime will come out. XD
 

Neji2112

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
76
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
probably not for a couple more years. They usualy wait a while for the manga to have some length and depth before they start. but, i really hope they dont decide to do what they did with Fullmetal Alchemist... for an anime, it came out early, but the story and plot were completely different from the manga, and not quite as good. but i hope they do a really good job with it when it finaly comes out, and sticks closely to the anime's plot.
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That's always my hope for new animes. I hate when they change the plot. Why couldn't they have made a second season of Claymore in a few years? T_T
 

Succubus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
580
Reaction score
565
Gender
Male
Country
Genosha
Spoiler Script

バレ

第14話 "名前"

3人を倒した一行
キリとエルーは、マーサと連絡を取ります
断られたと思ってファランの事をボコボコ言うマーサですが、側にいたファランが喋ると、一転してファランを褒めます
今までの事をマーサに報告し、マーサの意見を仰ぎ、その結果町にいる方が安全なので、
ファルゼンが到着する4日間はファランと一緒にいる事に

場面変わり、それぞれが行動を取り始めようとすると、スイがやってきてファランに勝負を挑んできます
輪っかで攻撃をするも、簡単に止められてしまい、気づくと地面にうつ伏せになって拳を当てられているスイ
初めて敗北を味わったスイは、子供のように泣いてしまいます

場面変わり、キリとエルー
ファランの様な強い人が世の中にいる中、この先ファランよりも強い人が狙ってきたら・・・
それで戦う事になった時、エルー(あんた)の事を守る事ができるのだろうか
エルーは、キリなら必ず・・・きっと望むようになれると思う・・・!!だから、心配そうな顔はしないで下さい と励まします
エルーに励まされているキリは、いつもと逆の励まされている立場に、少し照れくさそうな返答をしますが、
キリ「ありがとな エルー いっちょう頑張ってみるよ」
エルー「はい…! あ 今 名前 初めて名前呼んでくれましたね」
キリ「あー・・・そうだっけ?」
エルー「そうですよ いつも"あんた"って」
キリ「あ・・・そっかじゃあ 今のなし もう呼ばない」
エルー「なんで!?」
キリ「だってさ・・・・」
・
・
・

場面変わり、ファランと占い師
仮面の男を見た時は確かに、キリ達ではまだ勝てないと思ったファラン
ファラン「・・・とにかく今は様子見だ・・・ 何一つ認めたわけではない」
占い師「ウフフ・・・楽しくなるわよこれから 少しずつね」

2人がさっきの言い争いを続けてるコマ

煽り「信じているからこそ、歩いていける!!」

次号、二人の前に現れたシスターが告げるのは・・・!?

Spoiler Pics (5)



単行本1巻は8月4日(月)発売決定!!
デビュー作「Island」も収録!!

Volume 1 will be release on August 4

and about Island debut.. (I guess)
 
Last edited:
Top