Shounen - Dragon Ball Super | Page 29 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
And here I thought I was gonna find Folks talking about that Dragon Ball GT V2 reveal….w/e TF it is, I don’t want chibi Dragon ball characters
Amen.

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Can they just put this franchise down ? The best thing they can do for it is to re-run anime, make new version of it

I am saying this as a hardcore DB fan btw. I just miss the good old days. Even Super is good enough to entertain although the power scaling got too much

WILDCARD 1 7

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Can they just put this franchise down ? The best thing they can do for it is to re-run anime, make new version of it

I am saying this as a hardcore DB fan btw. I just miss the good old days. Even Super is good enough to entertain although the power scaling got too much
I wish as much as I liked Battle of Gods and Broly I do not think it is worth it.

But unfortunately we are in the era of running franchise into the ground (Star Wars, Star Trek, LotR just name a few) and that is not just unique to the west.

Caster Pheonix

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
England
Goku Vs Gohan should be interesting and where Gohan beast is on the power scale. Interesting that we forget papa went down the angel route, vegeta went down the god of destruction route and Gohan went down the kai route as he could technically be called an apprentice Kai with the mystic stuff .

Goku better not bring up ssj3 at any point of this

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
As a Gohan fan, this is what we’ve trained for. I hope he beats the hell out of Ultra Instinct Goku.

And also that we find out about Beast.

Caster Pheonix

Reaction score
Country
England
As a Gohan fan, this is what we’ve trained for. I hope he beats the hell out of Ultra Instinct Goku.

And also that we find out about Beast.
Yeah I agree as the god ki in my eyes is overrated and not the be all and end all. After seeing black frieza turn up and beat the Saiyans albeit after a grueling battle with Moro, seeing the potential of Gohan finally shine again will shake up the z fighters hierarchy which comprises of the same two characters fighting.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Chapter 102: Son Goku Vs Son Gohan

https://ragnarokscanlation.net/manga/dragon-ball-super/chapter-102/

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿SIP Akira Toriyama. He touched and changed lives withe his work of art.

SleipnirX

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Very sad to hear Akira Toriyama has passed, loved his work for years and I’ve really been enjoying Super lately as well. Thank you for everything 😢

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
RIP Sensei

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
DragonBall creator Akira T. just died.
"Just"

It happened a week ago. As usual in Japan, the family preferred to keep the matter under wraps so they could celebrate the funeral in peace

armycat23

Reaction score
Country
United States
"Just"

It happened a week ago. As usual in Japan, the family preferred to keep the matter under wraps so they could celebrate the funeral in peace
I fail to see how "just", as opposed to "just reported", is worth making a new post revolving around a subjective word, but ok.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Who knows how the manga will continue at this point, also given how messed up the brand had become also due to the rights issue.

Will Toyotaro continue? I don't think Toriyama was involved anyway other than the putting his name.

Caster Pheonix

Reaction score
Country
England
Made me a happy child with DB. Watching jackie chun take the piss out of the DB characters still tickles me to this day. Goku still be looking for him.

It's maybe subjective to some, but to me Akira Toriyama is a legend of art and literature and may he rest in piece. Thanks for the memories.

The Fool

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Toriyama did nothing in this manga in my opinion. Just the name on the cover

Battle Wolf

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Who knows how the manga will continue at this point, also given how messed up the brand had become also due to the rights issue.

Will Toyotaro continue? I don't think Toriyama was involved anyway other than the putting his name.
I think things will pause for a moment until they decide who'll obtain the copyrights and if they'll continue as-is.

The Fool

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
The copyright is Bird Studio

Kanmuru

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Toriyama did nothing in this manga in my opinion. Just the name on the cover
" When it comes to Dragon Ball Super, the original story is Toriyama-sensei‘s, but the manga and artwork are by Toyotaro-sensei. The three of us, myself included, work out the story, but then the process of storyboarding it out onto the page is left to Toyotaro-sensei. Since we build in time for Toriyama-sensei to do an additional check, Toyotaro-sensei produces these really clean storyboards."

Pls stop

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I stopped reading during the Moro arc and I wasn't really motivated to continue. With Toriyama dead, I don't think I will read this again but I am curious. Is Toyotaro going to continue the manga with new arcs once the current one ends?