Shounen - Dragon Ball Super | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

AleTheSennin

Intl Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I love it. I translate in in Italian!

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Gotta say, I have seen a few episodes of dragon ball super and I am not in the least bit a fan of it. The fight between goku and berus looked like if it was from another manga altogether. The manga is more tolerable though it has not had that many battles or anything. Either way, the story in the anime and manga even though the same is not nearly as enjoyable as battle of gods.
Yeah, the anime is dragging out the fight and BoG will end this week in the anime. I won't say the anime is good but some of the last episodes were.

---------- Post added October 18, 2015 at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was October 06, 2015 at 01:41 AM ----------

Spoilers for Chapter 5 is out and they are great. They skipped the RoF arc to get ahead of the anime.

Korean scans

Script translation

---------- Post added October 21, 2015 at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was October 18, 2015 at 10:06 AM ----------

Chapter 5 translated.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Earth's food is too delicious :D.

Goku and Vegeta will obviously be part of Beerus's team but for the three others maybe Buu with some training, Piccolo and... Gohan? Though it'd not fit.

They'll likely pick 3 or 2 fighters from other planets instead.

AleTheSennin

Intl Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
5 vs 5 team fight... sounds good!!

Rarhyx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
hope trunks and goten will fuse via potara (later with dragonballs un-fuse) to trunken :D
goku, vegeta, gohan, trunken and buu/picollo or someone complete new from the universe

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Did not expect them to actually Dragon-Ball-wish themselves out of the potara :D Always thought Toriyama couldn't be bothered to draw both of them back then, guess the current artist doesn't mind now :XD But yeah, definitely looking forward to potential new forms with the earrings.

Zan2pacto

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
for a moment, i thought this was going in the multiverse direction and we were going to see ssj3 gogeta

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
A team of 5 huh? Let's hope Gohan will become stronger... As the gap in power is completely ridiculous at this point.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't want Gohan and co to be fighters, unless they face opponents of comparable levels. Would be more interesting if fighters from other planets appear IMO.

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I don't want Gohan and co to be fighters, unless they face opponents of comparable levels. Would be more interesting if fighters from other planets appear IMO.
True but alas Goran could probably reach SSJGSSJ in a year if he wanted, and end up beeing sttonger than his dad, but I would rather see fighters from different planets, it would make it more interesting

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
It's hard to think who exactly the 5 warriors could be. Well, vegeta and goku are pretty much a given however as far as the manga has told the difference between them and the other z warriors is more than abysmal. Goku was already the second strongest warrior beerus had faced when he first attained SSG. And from that point he assimilated that power and on top of that became SSB (which for some reason is still not nearly enough to match beerus which perhaps suggest that the assimilation of SSG powers is inferior to the original SSG). Anyways, if beerus is going to pick from people we know then the logical alternatives would be goku, vegeta, gohan and buu.... No one else comes even close to their power. And even gohan is basically fodder here, even assuming he has his mystic form or whatever.

And what is up with those attendants? In the prequel manga to the movie when asked whis said he was "the life form known as whis". Which is as cryptic as it is useless. And now there is yet another of him who is also stronger than a god of destruction.

I wonder if one of the warriors from the other universes could be a former enemy of the Z warriors. For example, what devastated the other earth could have been cell and we get to see what he would have become if left to roam. freeza turned out to have potential to surpass even beerus, he just never trained. Assuming cell got a chance to train he could undergo something similar....

Ikahel

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
What if they somehow manage to travel in time to get Future Trunks for their team? Why not? Future Bulma created machine time in destroyed world so why "normal" Bulma wouldn't be able to create this machine in time where the technology went better than in f.trunks timeline? Team Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, F.Trunks and Whis would be awesome :D

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
^^Attendants are here to watch them since they can destroy too much on a whim. With their time control abilities, it's a necessity for them to be stronger I'd say. There'll probably be more reveals later.

I don't see Gohan fighting really, unless Videl's life is threatened or something. The only reason he kept training before was because he had to do so to fight future threats. He never liked it., all fighters will probably not come from U7 Earth.

What if they somehow manage to travel in time to get Future Trunks for their team? Why not? Future Bulma created machine time in destroyed world so why "normal" Bulma wouldn't be able to create this machine in time where the technology went better than in f.trunks timeline? Team Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, F.Trunks and Whis would be awesome :D
I doubt Whis can participate.

---------- Post added October 26, 2015 at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was October 25, 2015 at 10:19 PM ----------

Maybe it'll be a team full of Earthlings after all, in the last episode Krillin decided to train again after gauging the difference between him and Goku.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Why not Gohan? He could be more powerful than Goku if he wanted to.
Sadly we will never see Pan fight or going SSJ etc etc... So Gohan needs to step up his game.
If earth is at stake he just has to do it.
SSB Gohan would be better than SSB3 Goku...

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Why not Gohan? He could be more powerful than Goku if he wanted to.
Sadly we will never see Pan fight or going SSJ etc etc... So Gohan needs to step up his game.
If earth is at stake he just has to do it.
SSB Gohan would be better than SSB3 Goku...
Well, wouldn't that depend on the progression necessary for the SSB? The manga showed gohan do the ritual with elder kai and then accessed his ultimate form in a similar fashion to his SS transformation. According to the wikia daizenzhu 2 made the point that on top of that gohan could go SS as well (though that was never seen in the manga). So the question would be whether SSBG (after gohan attains SSG) can be attained on top of gohan's ultimate form and then he could go on to blue or the situation is more like SSBG is sort of a different branch of power. Goku can use SSB however it's not a direct equivalent to his previous SS transformations, otherwise he would already have SSB2 and SSB3 by default. Assuming SSBG and SSB are a different branch of transformations then the main issue here would be gohan's mastery of SSBG and his base strength when it comes to his final power output. In which case he would invariably be immensely weaker than vegeta or goku since his basics are at best rusty because of his lack of training compared to the two of them.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well better in terms of me liking it more.
Ultimate Gohan would've to be retconned as SSG is clearly above it. If you ask me every single saiyan they have could become a god if they just do the same thing again and again.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well better in terms of me liking it more.
Ultimate Gohan would've to be retconned as SSG is clearly above it. If you ask me every single saiyan they have could become a god if they just do the same thing again and again.
retconned how? I am not sure of what you mean.

In theory any of the saiyans there could become a god, that much is true. Unless of course there is a limitation in regards to genetics and only pure blooded saiyans can turn into SSG.

There is one character in the series I particularly miss. Piccolo. He hasn't been relevant since he fused with kami. And even the movie was not kind to him considering how much trouble he had with that shisami guy (though the manga epilogue did not show that). I would want to see something that makes piccolo relevant again. Then again that would probably imply a fusion or some other ridiculous plot device to get over piccolo's genetic capabilities (which is what the situation comes down to).

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Probably the wrong word... As his ultimate form was supposed to be his full potential, no?

Piccolo has to be one of the five... Thing is that he needs to get stronger as well. I have no idea how he should accomplish that without a major asspull though.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Probably the wrong word... As his ultimate form was supposed to be his full potential, no?

Piccolo has to be one of the five... Thing is that he needs to get stronger as well. I have no idea how he should accomplish that without a major asspull though.
Thats how I remembered it. However the daizenshu apparently said gohan could go SS on top of that. Basically a guy who easily surpasses SS3 could use SS and maybe even SS2 transformations. It's kinda hard to fathom that this gohan would not be able to defeat beerus lol. Then again even golden frieza was scared shitless by beerus even though his final form was insanely stronger than a SBG.

Well, piccolo right now is nowhere near a relevant level of strength. At least Goku, vegeta and gohan are insanely stronger than him. Is he stronger than goten and trunks? Both of them seem to have mastered the SS form which back in the day was enough for goku and gohan to put a dent on cell.

NoOneInParticular

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thats how I remembered it. However the daizenshu apparently said gohan could go SS on top of that. Basically a guy who easily surpasses SS3 could use SS and maybe even SS2 transformations. It's kinda hard to fathom that this gohan would not be able to defeat beerus lol. Then again even golden frieza was scared shitless by beerus even though his final form was insanely stronger than a SBG.

Well, piccolo right now is nowhere near a relevant level of strength. At least Goku, vegeta and gohan are insanely stronger than him. Is he stronger than goten and trunks? Both of them seem to have mastered the SS form which back in the day was enough for goku and gohan to put a dent on cell.
I'm not trying to disagree with you here since you're just telling what the Daizenshu said, but ultimate Gohan being able to go SS on top doesn't make any kind of sense. Ignoring the fact that it's supposed to be his full potential, and that he activated it by going SS as Elder Kai told him to, why would he not just have gone SS instead of being smacked silly by Super Buu? Weird that the Daizenshu would even make that claim.

I agree about Piccolo though, it would be quite nice to have him crawl out from the trail of dust the Super Saiyans have left him in. Hell, who knows... Namekian God?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, given the ability range that namekians have and their abilitu to create dragon balls which have powers which transcend gods it is quite clear that namekians have potential to great things. Supposedly the person piccolo was had the potential to beat friza on his own... maybe specific races can become gods if powered up to an specific number of their own race. Or maybe piccolo should just ask shenlong for the means to reach the power of gods.