Shounen - Dragon Ball Super | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Chapter 6 spoilers.

As expected,
no Gohan. Piccolo and Buu will be part of a team, along with the strongest opponent Beerus faced, not counting Whis. THe story with the Dragon Balls is interesting too.

Chapter in Korean.

Last edited:

Aonori

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Well, given the ability range that namekians have and their abilitu to create dragon balls which have powers which transcend gods it is quite clear that namekians have potential to great things. Supposedly the person piccolo was had the potential to beat friza on his own... maybe specific races can become gods if powered up to an specific number of their own race. Or maybe piccolo should just ask shenlong for the means to reach the power of gods.
All Piccolo needs to get stronger is do more fusions with warrior type namekians or another magician type, right now Piccolo has 1 extra warrior type and 2 of his halves (magician and Warrior) fused up, pretty sure a extra magician type namekian could also be added to make Piccolo equal in magician and warrior types in his whole being, though the issue here is that Goku and Vegeta have SSG levels that surpass SS3 and piccolo is nowhere near SS2 level, so if anything he needs a power-up transformation, rather than just taking off heavy clothes to raise a lil bit of his power level, how will he achieve this though I´m uncertain, if it´s even possible, that is.

On a side note, though, it would be interesting if Piccolo got a training in magic arts now, if he were to become relevant again in the plot powerwise, case that área wasnt been as much explored as the main physical trainings and what not and so far from the things we got from magic arts, displayed by babidi, Tapion´s sword´s sealing and Supreme kai´s telekinesis, Whis time warps, etc... I´d say Piccolo has a shot at getting power relevant again, but he would have to rely on magic arts more likely.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
All Piccolo needs to get stronger is do more fusions with warrior type namekians or another magician type, right now Piccolo has 1 extra warrior type and 2 of his halves (magician and Warrior) fused up, pretty sure a extra magician type namekian could also be added to make Piccolo equal in magician and warrior types in his whole being, though the issue here is that Goku and Vegeta have SSG levels that surpass SS3 and piccolo is nowhere near SS2 level, so if anything he needs a power-up transformation, rather than just taking off heavy clothes to raise a lil bit of his power level, how will he achieve this though I´m uncertain, if it´s even possible, that is.

On a side note, though, it would be interesting if Piccolo got a training in magic arts now, if he were to become relevant again in the plot powerwise, case that área wasnt been as much explored as the main physical trainings and what not and so far from the things we got from magic arts, displayed by babidi, Tapion´s sword´s sealing and Supreme kai´s telekinesis, Whis time warps, etc... I´d say Piccolo has a shot at getting power relevant again, but he would have to rely on magic arts more likely.
I see a number of issues with him fusing, at least as things are now. The first would be that fusion depends on the strength of the two available halves. So piccolo would need to fuse with someone strong for it to make a difference. Which is a bit of a problem considering there aren't that many warrior class namekians around. IIRC piccolo was the last one, though that might have been because frieza at the time had killed everyone else. Also worth noting, it wouldn't help him reach the ki of a god which is distinctly different from regular ki. I guess it is possible he can fuse with namekians from other universes. I mean, there are other dragon balls around so there might be other namekians. Actually, the past couple chapters actually prove there are.

As far as magic and whatnot piccolo should be pretty high up there. It just shouldn't be that good a weapon overall.We have seen a number of people with such powers and they have never actually been useful in a fight. Remember the supreme kais? They were supposed to be quite a bit stronger than piccolo and even then got no real use for those skills in battle.

I do think it ultimately comes down to piccolo getting the ki of a god. At his base form he should be well stronger than either vegeta or goku, at least before the god ki thing became a thing.

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I see a number of issues with him fusing, at least as things are now. The first would be that fusion depends on the strength of the two available halves. So piccolo would need to fuse with someone strong for it to make a difference. Which is a bit of a problem considering there aren't that many warrior class namekians around. IIRC piccolo was the last one, though that might have been because frieza at the time had killed everyone else. Also worth noting, it wouldn't help him reach the ki of a god which is distinctly different from regular ki. I guess it is possible he can fuse with namekians from other universes. I mean, there are other dragon balls around so there might be other namekians. Actually, the past couple chapters actually prove there are.

As far as magic and whatnot piccolo should be pretty high up there. It just shouldn't be that good a weapon overall.We have seen a number of people with such powers and they have never actually been useful in a fight. Remember the supreme kais? They were supposed to be quite a bit stronger than piccolo and even then got no real use for those skills in battle.

I do think it ultimately comes down to piccolo getting the ki of a god. At his base form he should be well stronger than either vegeta or goku, at least before the god ki thing became a thing.
But wasnt there some supreme kais stronger in combat than other ones? I´d say as far as supreme kais are concerned, there´s a great diversity in their magic arts and warrior traits, though, the ones that got rekt by Buu were mostly warrior types, there were magicians like Babidi who could pull some interesting magics even with shitty power levels (even his barrier, could allow him to survive a SS2 majin Vegeta suicide bomb:gwah), so it´s more like, depending on what magics Piccolo can learn he can become more of a threat, like lets say he trains on making warping space-time spells on Whis level, that would make him without a doubt a threat, but if he´s stuck with the average sealings and telekinesis alone, he would have a hell of a time trying to survive Buu level, oponents.
Now though, there was something that Piccolo didnt undergo in his training as well, if I recall, he never went through any time of limiter removal boost, that Guru and Elder kai performed so he could get a additional power-up there, which should always be anything below mystic gohan, but a somewhat significant power-up nonetheless

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
But wasnt there some supreme kais stronger in combat than other ones? I´d say as far as supreme kais are concerned, there´s a great diversity in their magic arts and warrior traits, though, the ones that got rekt by Buu were mostly warrior types, there were magicians like Babidi who could pull some interesting magics even with shitty power levels (even his barrier, could allow him to survive a SS2 majin Vegeta suicide bomb:gwah), so it´s more like, depending on what magics Piccolo can learn he can become more of a threat, like lets say he trains on making warping space-time spells on Whis level, that would make him without a doubt a threat, but if he´s stuck with the average sealings and telekinesis alone, he would have a hell of a time trying to survive Buu level, oponents.
Now though, there was something that Piccolo didnt undergo in his training as well, if I recall, he never went through any time of limiter removal boost, that Guru and Elder kai performed so he could get a additional power-up there, which should always be anything below mystic gohan, but a somewhat significant power-up nonetheless
Well, as far as we saw all of the kais were well stronger than piccolo. Except perhaps old kai who got weaker from fusing but in turn got powerful magics. Which weren't useful for actual combat. Anyways, all the other supremes were shown as stronger than piccolo and not a single one used a single magic that would be useful against buu. Maybe it was that bu was too powerful for them in spite of that. Or maybe magic is simply not good for combat. You even have whis and berus, who are immensely powerful and at least whis has a number of magical skills as well, and even then he doesn't use them. Berus was the one who sealed old kai in the sword as well IIRC. Magic could perhaps be useful in some cases however the manga so far seems to suggest its actual combat applications are at best limited.

As far as a powerup like that, I don't think piccolo has that much dormant power. At least it wouldn't make much sense at this point. And if he does it shouldn't take him that far. Piccolo is indeed stronger than base goku or vegeta before their god ki became their base form. But in turn merely SSJ of either one is immensely stronger than piccolo. And even then goku had 2 more SS forms and vegeta's SS2 form apparently surpassed goku's SS3 during the berus events. And its not like goku's or vegeta's SS form were just a tad stronger. We are talking god to ant scenarios here. Goku with SS stood up to cell. Piccolo could not possibly do that. At this stage it would be an immense boost for piccolo to even reach the basic SS level goku and vegeta had a while back. For piccolo to gain some measure of relevance he needs god ki. I think that will be more or less the standard of strength. It'd be interesting if he gets a chance to fuse with a namekian from another universe and get that.

I do wonder about the giant dragon balls champa is collecting... Where did they come from? Perhaps they suggest more namekians being around in this univese?

---------- Post added November 25, 2015 at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was November 20, 2015 at 11:04 AM ----------

So... no translation of the chapter yet?

kusiobache

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
MS has translation up.

I'm interested in this new Saiyan development. Perhaps it will be someone Vegeta knows, or related to Vegeta or Kakarot. Hopefully new Saiyans won't be vastly weaker than Vegeta and Kakarot, and I'm not completely decided, but I hope it isn't something like 'oh, we all like fighting and training, lets be friends!'.

I guess what I really want is some interesting way to tie the universes together, like events in one somehow affecting another, etc etc. Otherwise, I feel like any new characters introduced will just be fodder, or plot devices to strengthen the main characters or add comedy (I guess I want the story to be taken seriously --i.e. be like a real continuation of Dragon ball Z -- not just considered bonus dragon ball scenes). Using the super dragon balls to bring back planet vegeta may be a cool turn of events, too. It's also possible that Beerus or Whys want something?

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
That art about Saiyan and thiir wives was hilarious :XD.

Beerus and Champa seem have the Goku/Vegeta dynamic. It looks like Whis doesn't know who's the strongest person Beerus faced too. Goku and Vegeta will win easily if they are underestimated like that.

MS has translation up.

I'm interested in this new Saiyan development. Perhaps it will be someone Vegeta knows, or related to Vegeta or Kakarot. Hopefully new Saiyans won't be vastly weaker than Vegeta and Kakarot, and I'm not completely decided, but I hope it isn't something like 'oh, we all like fighting and training, lets be friends!'.

I guess what I really want is some interesting way to tie the universes together, like events in one somehow affecting another, etc etc. Otherwise, I feel like any new characters introduced will just be fodder, or plot devices to strengthen the main characters or add comedy (I guess I want the story to be taken seriously --i.e. be like a real continuation of Dragon ball Z -- not just considered bonus dragon ball scenes). Using the super dragon balls to bring back planet vegeta may be a cool turn of events, too. It's also possible that Beerus or Whys want something?
I personally don't think that they all have counterpart in the other universe. I expect most of the new characters to be fodder too, at the beginning at least.

---------- Post added December 15, 2015 at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was November 26, 2015 at 11:58 PM ----------

Chapter 7 spoilers

A Saiyan even shorter than Vegeta :XD. At least three(?) new races? One looks like Cell, maybe it's an artificial being too.

Last edited:

Rarhyx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
looks more like a namekian imo
a blue freezer version (i like!)
you know shit get's real when winni the pooh joins dragonball

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Korean scans .

I wonder if the robot is a real one. After seeing the last episode I think it could be a Yardrat.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
im liking this Dragon Ball, I can finally start enjoying DBS because Goku doesn't fight everyone anymore

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
http://www.mangamint.com/dragon-ball-super-7

Well, raw out. Seems like shit is getting real. I wonder if blue frieza is something like a fully realized version of frieza...

The blue frieza made me think of cooler as well... Hopefully he won't be brought to the manga.

masgrande

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
Those nipples :s
I'm glad that Champa's team didn't end up being a bunch of Saiyans and that they all look interesting, yes even Winnie the Pooh.

milek

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
It will interesting to see if that small one on Goku side is the strongest of them all.

And one more thing , finally to see power level of them all.

Last edited:

milek

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
New chapter is out and Gohan didnt even come with them to watch fighting.

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
As a great fan of DB, I find this new series very poor and inconsistent, only made to stretch its business. Gt was terrible, but this one is not better. I hope it's not spam, but can we open a thread for DB Multiverse as well? It's a comic made by fans, but it's very well done. you can check it on its site :)
For those who don't know it: some aliens discovered how to travel throughout universes, which differ for one or more events (such as, in one universe Gohan was defeated by Cell, in another one Vegeta was beheaded by Kulilin on Earth), and they propose a tournament between these universes, but there's more beneath it ;).
The only side effect is that only 3 pages come out per week :(

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Chapter 8 Korean scans.

Didn't expect the Saiyan to be friendly. Looks like Buu is out. With the new anime episode there's a chance for Gohan to replace him.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It's out.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Looks like keep fighting until they lose this time. So if Goku wins against Botamo, he will face the second opponent.