Simple? Yeah but effective. Complex doesn’t mean better, just more convoluted to mask its very simple goal - to provide a backdrop to the fights. I know I’m just echoing what has been said a million times before here, but Goku isn’t even Goku in Super. He’s a character that looks the same and takes on his role, but he’s a shallow parody of the character that existed in his original form. Like a more 2d parody of Luffy (who is himself a more 2d parody of the
real Goku). I disagree, execution wise GT was
beyond terrible.

But conceptually it was generally along the right lines. No, and honestly I don’t think you could get back to the same level with a tapped out universe like this one. It had its time a long time ago now, and while for so long I wanted it to come back, the reality is living proof of what people say about ending on a high.