Dragon Fall

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: Dragon Fall 04 Raw & Translation

Here's my poor proofreading again :P I must say I couldn't find many mistakes in this one, so leecherboy, I see you're improving pretty fast :thumbs (I bet it's "less lazy :p)

striketrhough is the mistake

underline is the correction

bold is comments


Page 2
Kehu-ron came and went away, Bubu came and went away, and our hero (more or less) Soson Goku didn't even realize, but now the Lazo Lila is on for some action, and even that absent-minded Kagarrot won't be able to ignore it. A good one is coming this way...
This is war!!

Page 3
Goku-Let me drive now!
Wilma-You, driving? You think I'm crazy? I'd sell my body to the science before that!
Gen.-Good! Start the attack!
Sol.-[Crap, I forgot the donuts!]
Wilma-Iaagghh!!

Page 4
Wilma-Aaah! What is that?
*Sound of a roaring crowd, hearing it through a funnel
Goku-That guy attacked us! I'm going to stop him!

Page 5
Wilma-Aaahh! No please! I haven't yet been with a guy!!!
Gen.-Well, in these times, that has some merit... But it's some other business we're here for...
Arrow: He's just bought a house, that's why he's smiling.
Gen.-Check her!
Sol1.-She's clean, boss! I swear!
Sol2.-Please! We won't do it again!
Sol.-Sir! I found it!
Wilma-Say what?! All this mess to steal our ball?!
Wilma-Jackasses!

Page 6
Gen.-Good, we got what we came looking for, someone shut this girl's trap!
Wilma-Mmm!
Gen.-We can't leave behind witnesses of our actions!
Gen.-Kill them when we are long gone, these things give me the creeps!

Page 7
Sol.-Say, lady... Is it true that you haven't been with any boy?
Sol2-[Stupid!]
Sol.-So cool!
Wilma-(Why did I say anything? There's no helping it, they're gonna kill me!)
Wilma-(Dang!)
Sol.-Ready to aim!
Sol2-Sir, the resistance approaches our position!
Sol.-What? How did you find out, soldier?
Sol2-Looking towards there! Sir!
Sound: Pee-poo! Pee-poo!

Page 8
Sol.-Don't try your luck, or you'll be getting some! Got it?
Sols-[Run, run]
Wilma-Mmm!
Leader-Come on, someone unhand that girl!
*The guy is "Grey", from an old manga series
Wilma-Who are you?
Leader-We're the resistance, doll, we have been battling the Lazo Lila's army for months. What did they want from you?
Sign on back: I kick butt!

Page 9
Wilma-What? Who are they? And why do they want the b...? Well, whatever...
Wilma-And you, wake up!
Leader-We'll be able to talk about these matters more at our leisure if we go to our militar military base. It's not that far from here. Want to come?
Wilma-Yeah, we'd rather go to a safe place. Those guys could be back!
Leader-That is our base!

Page 10
Box: Later...
Leader-In this strongly armed base, we've gathered every person who wanted to join forces against the Lazo Lila's army; we pick up any kind of volunteers.
Wilma-But who are those "lilas"?

Page 11
Leader-In this graphic you can watch the development of the Lazo Lila's army...
Leader-They have spread around the globe...
Leader-That army appeared some year ago and they're growing, setting their bases in strategic locations. They're not yet a real threat for the world nations...
Leader-However, a war machinery like what they own represents a potential danger too big, we must go dismantling their bases one at a time...
Leader-At this moment, we're heading to one of those bases, on the icy territory of Jinglebell, we'll set the population free and take their fortress.
Sign: Death Steel Mushroom

Page 12
Meanwhile... On the planet's orbit...
Plane-Stop, identify yourself!
D.V.-So, we got almost all of them now...

Page 13
Black-Indeed sir, they've all been gathered, save except (or what do you mean?) for one that has just been found...
D.V.-And they're already in our battle station, huh?
D.V.-In that case, report to the station's high commander that I'll go myself to supervise the last stages of the instruction.
Black-Wha?
Black-But sir, I don't know whether Dr. Gore will agree...! He insisted on carrying on the building without interferences!
D.V.-The Death Steel Mushroom must be finished under the set deadline, that battle station must be the ultimate power in the Universe... or at least, at this side of the Mississippi. I want to be there at the time it starts being operative.
D.V.-As for those rebels that threaten to mess our conquering plans... There's nothing to worry about, I've already taken care of that. Our special agent will get rid of the most dangerous ones.

Page 14
And in some well-armed reinforced base...
Wilma-The ball-scanner shows that we're heading to a group of five balls, but the rest are scattered...
Wilma-What will I do? Once we get those five, I'll have to go get the others, I don't know if I should stay more time stay longer with this these ones, they sure are resourceful, and the guy is worth a screw...
Sol-We have visuals with the foe's battle station!
Sol-Everybody, run to the projector! And those three: the elf gal, the stupid gal and the goateed guy, stop the sodomy and get dressed, we're also talking to you!
Leader-Well, this is the Lazo Lila's army battle station, with more than a kilometer of armoured structure and defensive batteries, also with a main weapon that features some fucking power...
Leader-But it's still in building phase, and though it's almost finished, I've known that the main weapon still doesn't work.

Page 15
No text

Page 16
Gore-Supreme Commander, it's an honor to have you here in such a critical time for this project!
D.V.-Spare me the irony, I know too well you don't want me meddling around now, but I have some good reasons to be here! Take me to the operation center!

Page 17
Leader-Well... The vigilance around the station is permanent, and more zealous in the building zone...
Wilma-(Inside there are five balls There are 5 balls inside... We must get them no matter what.)
Leader-Well, it's show time, let's get rid of the camouflage and start the assault!

Page 18
D.V.-I see the armament generators are fully operational.
Gore-Chssst! That's a secret, nobody out of this outside these walls must know!
Black-Yeah, our trick to make the resistance believe that our main weapon doesn't work was really neat...
Sign: Main weapon out of service. Sorry for the trouble
Black-Didn't I say so? Here they are!
Leader: Attack!

Posted on: June 27, 2006, 02:33:50 AMPage 19
All: Repel the attack!
Box: 1=Termonuclear grenade
Leader: They're burning us with their welcoming, let the mobile base crush them with everything it has!
Sol-Huh?
Sol-What happens? The polar night's solstice already?
Base-[Take this!]
Sol-Dang!

Page 20
Black-The resistance's forces move forward!
D.V.-We can't let them! Doctor Gore, activate the main weapon!
Gore-Everything's set!
??-Grrr!
Arrow: He's in trance
Oper.-Main weapon activated, fire on target!

Page 21
D.V.-Aah! This'll teach them respect!
Black-(Oh my god, this is so gross!)
Gore-Power off!
Someone-Soson Goku... wake up!
Goku-Glglgl...
Someone-Fucking wake up now!!
Goku-Uh! Wha...?
Godh-It's me... GODH!
Goku-Oh my god!
Godh-No, Godh!

Page 22
Godh-I'm the almighty lord of heaven and earth, and I've come to talk to you...
Goku-But why?
Godh-Because it seems to be written somewhere that the future of the world will be in your hand, and this may be the right time...! [What can we do?]
Goku-Ah.
Godh-Listen, you'll go to the holy land of Sakarin and you'll receive the teachings of the Duende Sakarin, the one who taught the Duende Tarugo... I know that says nothing good about him... [Oh well...]
Godh-The truth is, there is no time to find anything better, so go, and may his teaching prove useful to you in your quest for the Kehu-ron balls.
Sol-I got you, rebel!
Goku-Wilma, I wanna tell you something!
Wilma-You? I'm freaking out!

Page 23
Wilma-What? Go to some far off place now that we're so close? Dooon't even think about it!
Goku-But, it's...
Leader-Poor little boy, that's what happens when you get hit in the head.
Leader-Let's see, we're retreating, activate module two of the mobile base!
Black-Sir! Watch this!
D.V.-It's not possible!
Gore-Hey! Let me! I wanna watch it too!
Base-[Mom?]

Page 24
Base-Retreat.
D.V.-The resistance is a bunch of foolish clowns!
D.V.-Aaagh! It burns me up!
Wilma-What an interesting defensive system has this installation! (what?? Didn't get this one :s)
Leader-Yes, but the only disadvantage is that with every module we lose a hundred square meters. [It's claustrophobic!]
D.V.-Special agent! Follow that mobile base and bring me any of those retards so we may question them.
Agent-Your orders.

Page 25
Meanwhile, in the runaway base...
Wilma-Listen, you pain in the butt! You're already making me sick with that load of bullshit about the Duende Sakarin!
Goku-But, it's...
Leader-Wait a sec! What are those Kehu-ron balls? Are they that powerful? May they be able to help us defeat the Lazo Lila?
Wilma-Eh... Uh... Well... [Not sure, the truth is...]
Leader-If it's like that, we must get them, and if we're required to go to the land of Sakarin for it... WE'LL GO!
Leader-We'll take you there and wait for some progress on your part!
Goku-Good.
Wilma-But... it's...
Leader-Say no more! On to the holy land of Sakarin! All is for the cause!
O'Con.-Stop fondling my boobs, Dr. Fleishman!
Dr.Fle.-Come on, O'Connell! Don't fight against nature! A man, a woman... You know what I mean!

Page 26
Leader-That's Sakarin's Tower,. The irreducible village of warriors who guard it is at its feet.
Leader-We'll wait for you here. Go find that Duende. When you're back, we'll resume the battle...
Wilma-Shitty kid... If you hadn't popped the fucking balloon, you could have come here by yourself...
Goku-But! It's not my fault my hair is this spiky!
Alvaro-Nacho! Nacho! Let me draw this one!
Wilma-[Don't raise your voice to me like that, motherfucker!]
Nacho-Fuck...

Page 27
Wilma-How will the tower defenders be? I hope they're not the violent type...
Goku-Look, and this staff? Where did it come from?
Someone-Halt intruders!
Asterix-What are you here for? Speak or defend yourselves!
Asterix-You ain't saying anything? Good! Then it's my turn!
Goku-This dwarf is crazy!

Page 28
Wilma-You have screwed it now! What's gonna happen?
Goku-Did you want him to hit you?
Wilma-Say... Excuse us, we're looking for someone called Duende Sakarin, do you happen to know where is he?
Arrow: Soson Goku's staff is that fabulous magic staff that appears and disappears depending on when the authors remember to draw it (I know it's confusing).
Alvaro-[It won't happen again!]
Nacho-[I need phosphorus]
Text on matches box: Matches
Both-[We promise!]
Vitalst.-You're looking for the Duende Sakarin?
Getafix-Only someone really prepared may meet the Duende Sakarin.
Wilma-We have to meet him no matter what, and we're ready! We come from far away!
Arrow: Look! It's there! We didn't forget!

Page 29
Getafix-I mean physical preparation. More exactly, in the climbing field.
Full.-The Duende Sakarin lives at the end of the column.
Wilma-B... But you can't even see its end!!
Full.-But you don't have to go up now!
Wilma-Ah! Is he coming down? I'd appreciate it! I... I have fear of heights...! Did you know?
Vitalst.-No! First, you have to earn the right to go up fighting against the guardian of the tower...
Wilma-"The right", he says... But weren't you the Sakarin Tower's guardians?
Asterix-No way! We were already living here when someday the public works service arrived and built up the whole thing ...

Page 30
Getafix-Here it is!
Getafix-The guardian of the tower!
*This is "Neko", the publisher company's pet.
Wilma-But... but it's just some unworthy cat! HA HA HA.
Wilma-Listen, lend me that stick, I'll take care of it myself!

Page 31
Wilma-Well, it wasn't that hard... Was that your invincible warrior?
Asterix-Well... We never said it was invincible, we just said you had to fight fim... And actually, you are its first opponent...
Alvaro&Nacho-[Haw, haw! Revenge!]
Wilma-What?
Vitalst.-Do you think anyone's been crazy enough to attempt to climb that tower?
Wilma-Oh my god!? What kind of nonsense are we gonna do?
Getafix-You can't choose now! You must go up!
Wilma-Look, since you were the one who wanted to get there, you climb it!... You'll tell me all of it later, ok? [Right? Will he buy it?]
Goku-Don't know... What if I get lost half-ways?
Wilma-DON'T SAY NONSENSE! How can you get lost going just straight?
Wilma-The truth is, I can expect anything from this kid. Ok... I'll go with you.

Page 32
Wilma-Do you happen to know the tower's height?
Vitalst.-Well... In the really really clear days, the highest point appears to be seen, but it may be an optic effect.
Wilma-Yeah... I guess...
Tower-Very high.
Wilma-Oh my god! We can die trying!
Wilma-(My only solace is that if I faint and fall, I'll be able to take this lousy kid with me...)
 

leecherboy

Intl Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2006
Messages
201
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Dragon Fall 04 Raw & Translation

Yay, I'm improving! :p (when you see chapter 06's translation you'll forget that "lazy" part xD)
So, for my reply:
-In page 13, yeah, "except" is okay (I thought "save for" = "except for"?)
-In page 24, that's just another way of saying "This military installation has an interesting defensive system" (unless I'm wrong?)
 

5il3nc3r

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
Re: Dragon Fall 04 Raw & Translation

Is your raw in french?
Cuz I have the whole series (I think) in french and was wondering if it was a translation of japanese or if it was drawn by french ppl.

And if you want translation, I could provide (I can go from french to english)
you tell me

§ıĿ
 

leecherboy

Intl Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2006
Messages
201
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Dragon Fall 04 Raw & Translation

Say what?? :blink
Dragon Fall in french?? Dragon Fall, the Dragon Ball parody, in french?
I never heard anything like that...
As I said before, Dragon Fall is 100% spanish, and the raws are in spanish.
And about helping with the translation, you're very kind, but I'm pretty confident in my skillz... :p
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Dragon Fall #3 Edited Manga

Here we go another release. Hope you enjoy it and thanks to all who downloaded the other chapters :)

Cover

>>>Download Here<<<
 

5il3nc3r

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
Re: Dragon Fall 04 Raw & Translation

Yes, dragon fall, the dragon ball parody, in french.
I have something like 12-15 volumes (it's been a while so I don't know exactly)

And I'm not doubting your skillz, but since right now I'm jobless, I have about 16 hours a day, 7 days a week free so I have plenty of time to translate :P
And since I already have the manga cleaned and in a language I understand perfectly, I can most likely give a "perfect" translation. But of course, since this appears to be your project, you're free to do as you please, I'm merely offering my own §ĸıĿĿz ;)

§ıĿ
 

leecherboy

Intl Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2006
Messages
201
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Dragon Fall #3 Edited Manga

Yay! Awesome Edited Manga!
And thanks to njt too, who keeps on advertising us! :smile-big
 

leecherboy

Intl Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2006
Messages
201
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Dragon Fall 04 Raw & Translation

Oh, I didn't mean to sound, like, rude, but it just surprised me a whole lot... I mean, I never knew it was translated to french (and on physical paper, you say? Explaining all the jokes? For me not knowing, I must be getting old... :amuse)
The truth is, I also am jobless, and I also have lots of free time, so the translation goes smoothly...
But if you want to help, could you compare the translations I eventually release with the french translations you have in your issues and comment if there's some major difference? I'd appreciate that. And thanks for the support :)
 

5il3nc3r

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
Re: Dragon Fall 04 Raw & Translation

Don't worry, I didn't think you were being rude, I just felt like clarifying. But it's not on paper however, it's a Edited Manga, like the ones you're doing, only in french, and I can't really compare with the spanish version but there are plenty of jokes (that make sense) :P

I'll check about comparing the two however, so we'll see :)

"Gambatte" as they would say :)

§ıĿ
 

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
4,997
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Re: Dragon Fall #3 Edited Manga

Woo hoo!!
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Dragon Fall #1 Edited Manga

Yeah we got over 100 downloads now...thats far better than before njt made his little newspost =) <3 njt
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: Dragon Fall 04 Raw & Translation

about page 24, right it like: "This military installation has an interesting defensive system"
because it's more understandable imo ;)
 

leecherboy

Intl Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2006
Messages
201
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Dragon Fall 06 Translation

Oooh, just look at the cover page...! *dances around like a madman*
I was so aching to get to this arc! (Yaay!)

Yes, "that part" actually scored a "Man, Now That Is Hard To Translate" in my ranking. Fortunately for you, I love that kind of challenges... :amuse
And about that, this chapter also features some funky typesetting notes, just so you know...

Here's the raw: (reupload: 28/09/06)
http://www.savefile.com/files/113767
Oh, and translated that minor pun in my own way ("sheesh kebab" for "shish kebab", that was surprisingly witty for me xD)

Now, enjoy! :p

Dragon Fall 06 Translation
by leecherboy (a.k.a. kyo-boy)

*Important note: I'll be using brackets [] for speech that is not within bubbles (speech around the characters, that is)

------------

New names for this chapter:

Brujah (Duende Grulla in spanish): "grulla", pronnounced as "gruya", means "crane", while "bruja" means "witch"
Te Sin Pan (Tenshinhan): literally, "tea without bread"
Havoc (Chaos): this is just another word for "chaos" in english
Chu Li (Chun Li): "chuli" means "coolie"
T.Bogie (T.Bogard): nothing special
El Pito (The Pitt): "el pito" means "the prick"
King Chapa: this name is unchanged, but "chapa" can also mean "load of bullshit"
Miau (Mai): "miau" is "meow", the sounds cats do

Page 2
After the death mushroom failure (and I'm not talking about the "amanita phalloides"), here comes the Great Tournamet of Domino... I mean, of Martial Arts. Who will win? Will Soson Goku grow smart? Will I stop asking questions...?
A new instalment of the Great Tournament (sigh)!!

Page 3
Tarugo-We're finally here!
Wilma-We must find out where is the tournament.
Sign: XXV Great Tournament of Martial Arts. Village of Lepe.
*Lepe is a famous village in Spain where very dumb people are supposed to live.
Another sigh: Great Tournament of Martial Arts. Village of Lepe. Organized by: House of Culture
Another sign: Signings
Tarugo-Come on! The sooner we sign you in, the earlier you can start your training.
Wilma-Say, Mr. Duende, what's with the robe?

Page 4
Tarugo-Listen, I'm the Duende Tarugo. I want to sign me out, because I'll get into a monastery. My grandson will fight in my stead, ok?
Wilma-Cheater! First he signs in, then he sneaks away! [He hasn't changed a bit!]
Tarugo-Shut up, you ignorant! You don't know how people kick ass in this tournament! I signed in just to buy some time!
Wilma-So? They only accepted becoming a monk as a valid excuse for signing out?
Brujah-Precisely, as always, the old baldy is a loser... [He he he]
Tarugo-What? You! The Duende Brujah!*
*Pronnounced as "Bruyah"
Brujah-It's been so long since the last time! Though, not enough for you, I guess. My disciples and I have come to win this tournament...

Page 5
Brujah-We've been rivals for years, and our schools have never reconciled...
Brujah-That's why I would like to settle our arguments, so you can participate from the victory my pupils will obtain...
Tarugo-You're flattering me... [Humf!]
Brujah-These are my disciples: Te Sin Pan...
TSP-My pleasure.
Brujah-...And Havoc.
Havoc-Hi.
Tarugo-Then... I've also signed my disciple in, Soson Goku, who will perform my legendary devastating technique, Kome-Jame-Ha...!
Brujah-I've always thought that was a ridicule name for a martial art...
Tarugo-Anything wrong? I could have named it in a really sucking way like... what can I say... "Vital Wave" *, couldn't I?
*That's the name we got for it in the first Dragon Ball spanish dubbing.
Brujah-Nonsenses aside, I'm glad I met you here. You'll be a witness to the event that will finally take my school to glory and fame.
Brujah-And also, I'll get some cash, which always comes in handy, he, he...

Page 6
Tarugo-Well, it doesn't matter... With your Kome-Jame-Ha you'll put them in their place. Huh?
Goku-And what was that? I forgot!
Tarugo-What's that "I forgot" crap?
Goku-And by the way, who are you, sir?
Wilma-The explosion of the Lazo Lila's battle station must have damaged his brain... Things only do get worse...
Wilma-You could have said so earlier, dear...
Text on sign: No post --ing sign --s (the part in italics is cut off)
Tarugo-And the tournament starts in two days... I guess I'll have to spend my time teaching him all the stuff again... [Well, there's not that much teaching to do...]
Wilma-Well, I'll spend some time buying me new clothes and tiding myself up...
Wilma-It's on you, isn't it?
Tarugo-Why do I have the feeling that I'm gonna screw it up big time? [Snif!]
Box: And the tournament day arrived. People from all the corners of the planet (yep, well, I know the Earth is round, that was just an idiom) closed in to watch an incredible event...

Page 7
Ann.-Welcome you all to the most important sporting event in the planet: THE GREAT MARTIAL ARTS TOURNAMENT!!
Ann.-In this competition opponents with a colossal power will clash!
Ann.-And only one will be crowned as this great tournament's winner!
Text on cap: Vital Force
Ann.-The mightiest fighters have gathered for this event! Coming up, the preliminaries to determine the chart of contestants to fight on the ring will take place!

Page 8
Referee-All of you here will have to get a number to decide your fighting order! The tickets are there!
Text on ticket machine: Your turn
TSP: He, he... That dumb Duende Tarugo's disciple won't make it past the first round...
Chu Li: What a ticket!
Ann.-Very good, the preliminaries order has just been established. Let's get this tournament started...
Note on margin: No, Alvaro, we authors aren't allowed!

Page 9
Tarugo-The preliminary rounds should have started by now.
Wilma-Say, Mr Duende, if you weren't willing to fight, why didn't you sign any of your disciples in?
Tarugo-There's no way I could. Chiqrilin just stayed keeping watch over the corpse of the turtle, that passed out from a heart failure the other day after receiving a phone call... [...I think it was from National Geographic...]
Tarugo-About the ogre Yumas, I think he got interned in a rest home, and her daughter Chicha, who has already grown up, is currently missing...
Wilma-[ (Dang, what a soap opera!) Come on, forget it... ]
Brujah-Yeah, everything related to the Duende Tarugo is way depressing.
Brujah-It must be part of his nature...
Tarugo-Well, putting aside that winning or losing matter, the truth is your ugly fashion sense marks you as an obvious loser!
Brujah-Repeat that if you dare!
Tarugo-Ragged down!
Brujah-Baldy!
Tarugo-Punk!
Wilma-[Shameful!]

Page 10
Ann.-Contestant Te Sin Pan, qualified!
Staff-Aw!
Ann.-Contestant Dhalsim, qualified!
Ann.-Contestant... er... Soson Goku... well... qualified... me thinks...
Goku-Ah, I had to hit the other one?
Fighter-I... I... I give up...

Page 11
TSP-Hmf... Looks like that Soson Goku also qualified for the tournament...
Havoc-Patience.
Dhalsim-He has a very strong chi, you'll have some trouble with him.
TSP-[Where did you come from?]
Ann.-Contestant Chu Li, qualified!
Honda-Aaaagooooooddddhiiiiittttt...
Bogie-[Jesus, the shivers!]
Ann.-Contestant Frank Castle, disqualified for technique not allowed!
Puni.-What? The only surrendered enemy is the dead enemy!

Page 12
Ann.-Fight #114: Havoc versus Bogie!
Bogie-The big asshole!
TSP-I did tell you already! Don't go around doing the freak! You have no powers nor can do jack!
Havoc-Yeah... When someday the time comes and something happens, I'll do the laughing... Patience...
Ann.-We have already the chart of the tournament contestants!

Page 13
Box: Chart of contestants of the great tournament (of martial arts)
Miau, Japan
Soson Goku, Some far off place, you know
El Pito, Imagine

Page 14
Nacho-The alignment for the fights has been decided!
Alvaro-[Some huge mental effort it took us...]
Sign on top: The fucking master!
Ann.-The first fight will take place in a few seconds!
Ann.-The opponents are about to get on the tournament's great ring!
Ann.-The great martial arts tournament has just started!!
Text on both sides of ring: If you fall here, you're screwed
*"Nontiendo": pun with Nintendo and "no entiendo" ("I don't understand")

Page 15
Tarugo-We've arrived at the right time!
Wilma-Look who's here!
Yansha-Well, well! Wilma, Mr Duende, what a coincidence!
Wilma-Why did you come here?
Yansha-Well, as you did seem to be spending a huge amount of time searching for the damned balls, I came to see the tournament so I wouldn't get bored...
Text on Yansha's shirt: Puas boy
Yansha-By the way, I shaved Puas' tail, I was fed up of dealing with its spikes everyday.
Arrow-Sheesh Kebab
Ann.-The first opponents are getting onto the ring right now: El Pito and King Chapa.
Chapa-Yeah! [I am the man!]

Page 16
Ann.-It seems the first fight is gonna be pretty intense!
Tarugo-And now shut up! I don't want to miss a detail!
Ann.-The fight starts!
Pito-Doesn't matter how much monkey hopping you do, you won't be able to dodge my attacks...!
Pito-I'll sweep you off the ring! Start calling for first aid!
Chapa-In that case, if I can be granted a last will, can you stop smiling like that? For Christ's sake, you're creeping me out!

Page 17
Tarugo-Hmf! Such a couple of clowns! [Is this a great tournament?]
Dhalsim-Don't underestimate them, they radiate a very strong chi!
Chapa-You're not gonna win! Not only because you're a bunch of muscles without any brain vitals, neither because you're uglier than an orangutan's fetus...!
Chapa-...But simply put, because you're as slow as a berry's growth, and you're as inaccurate as my ass hole!
TSP-Well... That guy doesn't stop talking like a geek, but he kicks ass...
Goku-What is a geek?

Page 18
Pito-GET OFF ME!
Pito-Fuck!
Chapa-Shoot, I can't say anything to you, sonny!
TSP-Well, well! They're both very good. How could this turn out in the end?
TSP-I wouldn't like to fight that hulk, it gives me the creeps...
Chapa-You know something? I think I know the reason of your so original name!
Chapa-It refers to the least horrid part of your body, proto-vomit!
Pito-Ha!
[br]Posted on: July 11, 2006, 08:13:32 AM_________________________________________________Page 19
Chapa-I... I see you're... a very... tough guy.
Pito-[Me always! Haw!]
Ann.-Well! It's getting harder to guess who'll be the winner!
Ann.-Such a thrill, ladies and gentlemen!
Chapa-I'm gonna have to use my special technique! [Shit, my beloved katana!]
Ann.-Oh my god, he'll be using his special technique! Beware, all of you!
Chapa-
I never, you know?, tho --ught I'd hav-- e //
to face a guy as hor --rible a-- s //
you. And life surp --rises y-- ou //
just like that, ev --ery sin-- gle //
day. Because, it just hap --pened to me t-- he//
other day, I was s --o cooly wal-- king //
down the street --and met a guy-- who //
offered me to p --articipate i-- n //
a competition o --f throwing -- boo- //
gers, and wh --en I woke-- up //
the... //

Page 20
Chapa-
...And that way, when I have something --that I mi-- ss, no //
matter if the --re's somethin-- g left, becaus --e first o-- f all //
comes my ow --n esteemed-- self-estee --m (if you'll forgive the-- repeti- //
tion) that mak --es fight ti-- ll the en --d with my techn--iques, //
in the sam --e way as us-- ual... //
*Typesetting note: the "//" means the end of that line, and letters in italics (delimited by double-dashes) should be cut off (I just included them for the sake of completion)
Chapa-And said that, and hoping my speech wasn't too lenghty, I must thank you, respectable audience, who was so kind as to listen to me!
Ann.-H... Holy god! It was worse than ever!
Ann.-King Chapa has beaten his own record!
Ann.-But, however, El Pito is still standing!
Chapa-I knew it...
*Noise of such a mass falling down...

Page 21
Ann.-El Pito has been defeated! Thus, King Chapa qualifies for the next fight!
Ann.-Now it's customary for the winner to grant us some words...
Ann.-...But we'll make an exception this time... Let's resume the tournament...
Chapa-Dang!
Ope.-Let's see, someone bring me the announcer!
Ann.-And now, the second fight of this tournament: Soson Goku vs Dhalsim!!
Chapa-Bah [You're dull...]

Page 22
Tarugo-At last, the time has come! The Duende Brujah will swallow his words!
Wilma-Owww!!
Yansha-Ainngg!!
Brujah-He doesn't seem that bright, to have made it past the preliminary...

Page 23
Ann.-The fight starts!
Helper-[Hey, buddy!]
Tarugo-Come on, let's go, you can do it, you can do it!
Dhalsim-You don't know who you are up against, bratty kid. I'm too much for you, you'd better give up, for your own good. [He!]
Goku-Good, deal...
Ann.-Co... Contestant Soson Goku disqualified for out of bounds! [And he's so cool about it!]
Neko-[What a feeling of Deja Vu!]

Page 24
Ann.-Winner, Dhalsim!
Dhalsim-Well, then... So nice... [Yeah, I won, wow]
Goku-That sir was very nice, I followed his advice...

Page 25
Ann.-Well... er... Now... Let's say we use to... advance to the next... fight...
Ann.-B... But before that, as... we got some free time... then... let's take half an hour off for a snack...! Deal?
Tarugo-It's the end... I'll never get over it... My school's prestige got totally owned... [I feel so tired]
Goku-Say, Wilma, what are we doing next? I'm bored.
Tarugo-Him! Him! Someone hold me, or I'll kill him!
Wilma-Take your time.
Wilma-Look, dear, if you want to make yourself useful, why don't you go search for the missing Kehu-ron balls? You can read the ball-scanner, can't you? Then come on, move it...!
Yansha-Isn't it risky to assign him such a task? I don't care a shit if anything happens to him, but what if the loses the balls?
Wilma-He can lose the pancreas, for all I care! I don't mind anything anymore; I just want to get him out of my sight and enjoy the show, since the ticket wasn't that cheap. [That hand...!]
Yansha-[Ops!]

Page 26
Ann.-Third fight! T.Bogie vs Chu Li.
Ann.-This fight might be really something. Both fighters have a truly fierce look on their faces.
Ann.-The fight starts!

Page 27
Ann.-Er... The opponents... say... fight or what?
Ann.-The audience is leaving!
Bogie-(Man... So embarassing... I... don't dare to fight against a girl... And less against one as cute as her...)
Chu Li-(Don't know... he's so handsome it'd sadden me to hit him... What if I spoil him? The horror!)
Ann.-Look, girl, come here!
Ann.-That's it! Touched! As in fencing! Winner Chu Li! To hell with it!
Chu Li-Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you... BWAAAH!!
T.Bogie-B... But then... I've lost?
Ann.-[Fuck!]

Page 28
Goku-Let's see if I understand this gadget from Wilma... There are some lights and arrows that move and blink... Oh, I know! It's a geimbo!
Louse-Hey!
Kid-Mom, I think I have lice...
Zangief-Dirty littlë kid! Stucking thë wholë facë in my cotton candy!
Goku-Uh? I can't see!
Zangief-Now I'll havë to throw it, but you...!
Zangief-Will go along it!!
*Typesetting note: yeah, just like in the raw, Zangief's "R"s should be reversed, and his "O"s should be crossed like a "zero"

Page 29
Goku-Man, what a brute guy...! This thing hasn't even started to lose speed... [Say, this smells good!]
Goku-The truth is, I'm starting to get hungry, and if I don't get something to my mouth soon...
Goku-Oh shoot, this place rings some bells...! I think I forgot the staff around here...*
Ann.-And now, finally, the last fight of the first round of this great tournament of martial arts!
*Er... Did you buy that, or not...?

Page 30
Ann.-The opponents are Te Sin Pan and Miau!
Brujah-The decisive moment has come! We can't sink as low as that baldy dumbass...!
Text on fan: Hello!
Ann.-Oh my god, not another couple...! If they get like the last one...!
Ann.-Well... then... the fight starts!

Page 31
Ann.-Opponent Te Sin Pan rushes to attack!
Ann.-But Miau blocked his opponent's attack with a technique...! Ehem... Well, with a technique!

Page 32
Ann.-Looks like contestant Te Sin Pan has gotten sorta dizzy!
Brujah-But what...?
Wilma-Mr Duende, please, don't give in to the hysteric laughter, or you'll suffocate! Don't you see?
Tarugo-Tee... hee... ggg...
TSP-Damned girl... You won't be able to pull that trick on me again...!
Text on fan: Go get fucked off!
TSP-I'll smash you!
Don't forget... We'll be waiting for you next month!!

------------
 

leecherboy

Intl Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2006
Messages
201
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Dragon Fall 04 Raw & Translation

Ah, I just took a quick look at Dragon Fall's french Edited Manga. The translation is alright, and they seem to want to go over chapter 24 (they have guts, I'll give them that)...
But, even if I sound too cocky (I'll take that risk :amuse), I'd say my translation is way better, as it's not that literal... Besides that, they seem to translate the character names instead of explaining them, and, well, they oversee some little details... And if you don't believe me, look at their version of chapter 06's pages 19-20 ("that part", as I like to call it), and you'll see I just completely wiped off the floor with them... (he he, I'm so evil sometimes :p)

@ibra: ok, that's fine with me :)
 

5il3nc3r

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
Re: Dragon Fall 04 Raw & Translation

Yea, I guess you got a point, but I'm not even sure who did the french translation (I got it from a friend years ago). And I only have up to "Chapter" 15, when they're running away from that squid planet or something.

No idea where to get the rest (and I don't care that much). Maybe when you're done (a few months from now) I'll take yours and so I'll have 'em in english instead of french (like I said before, I may be born in french, but I'm better in english overall than in french; and I like english more than french for most of what I do except actual speech)

§ıĿ
P.S.: Keep up the good work :)
 

Moenova

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
19
Reaction score
1
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Dragon Fall 05 Raw & Translation

It's been a long time since i read those comics so I'll Ask ... Were are the dialogs of Riddly Scott :darn? He is my favorite Hero from Fanhunter. :smile-big
Any how Good Work man.
 

leecherboy

Intl Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2006
Messages
201
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Dragon Fall 05 Raw & Translation

Ooh, a fan of Ridli Scott? I guess I ain't the only freak around here... (just kidding xDD)
But, if I'm not wrong, he doesn't get to speak in this chapter. Though you know he'll have his moments of glory later...
And thanks for the support! :p

(On a completely unrelated note, I thought I'd let all of you know I added the raw for chapter 06)
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: Dragon Fall 06 Translation

I see, so you're already finished with chapter 6 while someone you-know-who I know is @ chapter 3 :p I'll try to proofread it later on.
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Dragon Fall 06 Translation

ibra87 said:
I see, so you're already finished with chapter 6 while someone you-know-who I know is @ chapter 3 :p I'll try to proofread it later on.
Bully anyone xD? I am already at chapter 4 my dear fellow =)
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: Dragon Fall 06 Translation

des said:
Bully anyone xD? I am already at chapter 4 my dear fellow =)
What the? *downloads chap 3* Btw, you're still slower than leecherboy :p
 
Top