Discussion Dragon Gods

Who is your favorite Dragon God?


  • Total voters
    31

gk3389127

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2021
Messages
249
Reaction score
369
Age
31
Country
Fairy Tail
Mashima has so far avoided the "Dragon Hoard" trope with his dragons, but I think Viernes might be a good place to finally invoke it. One theory I'm partial to, is that Aquarius' key may be among his hoard, adding extra motivation for Lucy to get it, while also incorporating Brandish into the story.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
People have speculated on that, dunno. im Interested in any distinction viernes has, if This arc turns out to be a training arc or team learns spiritual arts then I could see Selene sending them for viernes’ head. In some ways her only old connection she had was with aldo cause she called him chan so I don’t know how close or connected She is with viernes
 

gk3389127

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2021
Messages
249
Reaction score
369
Age
31
Country
Fairy Tail
I remember Ignia boasting that they've surpassed Acnologia in terms of power, but I'm doubtful of that. While I'm confident that they're stronger than the average dragon (which is certainly saying something in of itself), compared to Acnologia himself (and what we see him as capable of), that seems a little suspect. I'm of the mind that Igneel, Grandeeney, Metallicana, Weisslogia, and Skiadrum were all above average as well in terms of power, but they couldn't beat Acnologia either.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I remember Ignia boasting that they've surpassed Acnologia in terms of power, but I'm doubtful of that. While I'm confident that they're stronger than the average dragon (which is certainly saying something in of itself), compared to Acnologia himself (and what we see him as capable of), that seems a little suspect. I'm of the mind that Igneel, Grandeeney, Metallicana, Weisslogia, and Skiadrum were all above average as well in terms of power, but they couldn't beat Acnologia either.
Acno >= DGS > Igneel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anyone else
 

Hexbend

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2019
Messages
863
Reaction score
1,196
Age
24
Country
United States
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Ignia himself already surpassed Acno or if we'll get a villian that will surpass Acno.

I feel like all this Acno comparing statements will eventually lead to someone being > Acno possibly even RoT Acno if Hiro wants to go crazy with the Power lvls .
 

Dimitri1220

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2020
Messages
339
Reaction score
795
Age
24
Country
Alvarez Empire
I remember Ignia boasting that they've surpassed Acnologia in terms of power, but I'm doubtful of that. While I'm confident that they're stronger than the average dragon (which is certainly saying something in of itself), compared to Acnologia himself (and what we see him as capable of), that seems a little suspect. I'm of the mind that Igneel, Grandeeney, Metallicana, Weisslogia, and Skiadrum were all above average as well in terms of power, but they couldn't beat Acnologia either.
The last time they saw Acno was 400 years ago, so I doubt they know about his power ups. They might not even know that his element is magic.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Gonna spitball my crack theory for Selene.

She started out with the best of intentions, travelling to different worlds to find a suitable world for the dragons to repopulate under Acnologia's radar.

Because she grew up among the humans, she saw how all the human couples loved each other. She eventually developed some feelings for Ignia, who grew up alongside her among humans. She wanted Ignia to join her on Elentir so that they could repopulate the dragons. But all Ignia cared about was getting stronger to beat Acnologia, and thought that the whole concept of dragons being in love is nonsense.

Selene eventually grew bitter over this. She surrounded herself with women, and treated men like playthings for entertainment in Elentir. On Giltena, she would manipulate events to cause trouble for Ignia. Maybe blow up a few cities and spread rumours that Ignia did it. This whole thing with kidnapping Natsu is yet another attempt to get under Ignia's skin.
 

gk3389127

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2021
Messages
249
Reaction score
369
Age
31
Country
Fairy Tail
Gonna spitball my crack theory for Selene.

I think Selene is going to end up being the opposite of Aldoron. We all thought Aldoron was going to be a gentle giant, and he turned out to be genocidal. I think Selene's being portrayed as being cruel and uncaring now, but in the end she just wants to be loved.

She started out with the best of intentions, travelling to different worlds to find a suitable world for the dragons to repopulate under Acnologia's radar.

Because she grew up among the humans, and saw how all the human couples loved each other. She eventually developed some feelings for Ignia, who grew up alongside her among humans. She wanted Ignia to join her on Elentir so that they could repopulate the dragons. But all Ignia cared about was getting stronger to beat Acnologia, and thought that the whole concept of dragons being in love is nonsense.

Selene eventually grew bitter over this. She surrounded herself with women, and treated men like playthings for entertainment in Elentir. On Giltena, she would manipulate events to cause trouble for Ignia. Maybe blow up a few cities and spread rumours that Ignia did it. This whole thing with kidnapping Natsu is yet another attempt to get under Ignia's skin.
I would be entirely OK with this. It would give her bit more depth, and make a character who is so far utterly despicable more sympathetic (I'd probably still hate her though). It would also advance Ignia's character some.

Here's the alignment of the Dragon Gods so far:
- Mercuphobia: Neutral Good; he doesn't involve himself with others affairs, but he tries to help when he can
- Aldoron: Neutral Evil; all he cared about was himself, and advancing his own personal agenda and survival
- Selene: Chaotic Evil; her sole interest is hurting others to satisfy her own need for amusement
- Ignia: Chaotic Neutral; we haven't seen him do anything evil just yet, so until he does something, I'm going to call him this
- Viernes: ?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Here's a theory for the Dragon Gods: what if there's something Elseferia's not telling the team? What if that mural he has of the five is not just a mural?
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Gonna spitball my crack theory for Selene.

She started out with the best of intentions, travelling to different worlds to find a suitable world for the dragons to repopulate under Acnologia's radar.

Because she grew up among the humans, she saw how all the human couples loved each other. She eventually developed some feelings for Ignia, who grew up alongside her among humans. She wanted Ignia to join her on Elentir so that they could repopulate the dragons. But all Ignia cared about was getting stronger to beat Acnologia, and thought that the whole concept of dragons being in love is nonsense.

Selene eventually grew bitter over this. She surrounded herself with women, and treated men like playthings for entertainment in Elentir. On Giltena, she would manipulate events to cause trouble for Ignia. Maybe blow up a few cities and spread rumours that Ignia did it. This whole thing with kidnapping Natsu is yet another attempt to get under Ignia's skin.
No......stop it you shippers. We won't let you win.


Here's a theory for the Dragon Gods: what if there's something Elseferia's not telling the team? What if that mural he has of the five is not just a mural?
I've been saying this since the beginning.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I would be entirely OK with this. It would give her bit more depth, and make a character who is so far utterly despicable more sympathetic (I'd probably still hate her though). It would also advance Ignia's character some.

Here's the alignment of the Dragon Gods so far:
- Mercuphobia: Neutral Good; he doesn't involve himself with others affairs, but he tries to help when he can
- Aldoron: Neutral Evil; all he cared about was himself, and advancing his own personal agenda and survival
- Selene: Chaotic Evil; her sole interest is hurting others to satisfy her own need for amusement
- Ignia: Chaotic Neutral; we haven't seen him do anything evil just yet, so until he does something, I'm going to call him this
- Viernes: ?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Here's a theory for the Dragon Gods: what if there's something Elseferia's not telling the team? What if that mural he has of the five is not just a mural?
I mean, that's what we're hoping for right?

Mercphobia would be lawful good, Aldoron lawful evil, Selene chaotic neutral, Ignia chaotic good, and Acnologia chaotic evil. Viernes, if he follows this patten, I guess would be lawful neutral? I doubt Mashima pays any attention to stuff like this though.

Maybe. Could be sealing something away. Mhmmmm. Elfseria did promise them that he'll reward them with anything they want. Maybe it's a magic that grants wishes?
 

One4All

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2019
Messages
466
Reaction score
1,082
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I would be entirely OK with this. It would give her bit more depth, and make a character who is so far utterly despicable more sympathetic (I'd probably still hate her though). It would also advance Ignia's character some.

Here's the alignment of the Dragon Gods so far:
- Mercuphobia: Neutral Good; he doesn't involve himself with others affairs, but he tries to help when he can
- Aldoron: Neutral Evil; all he cared about was himself, and advancing his own personal agenda and survival
- Selene: Chaotic Evil; her sole interest is hurting others to satisfy her own need for amusement
- Ignia: Chaotic Neutral; we haven't seen him do anything evil just yet, so until he does something, I'm going to call him this
- Viernes: ?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Here's a theory for the Dragon Gods: what if there's something Elseferia's not telling the team? What if that mural he has of the five is not just a mural?
Yeah,that mural is suspicious. I mean,how does it know that a DG was "sealed" like some database monitoring the DGs? I feel like the moment those 5 are "sealed",something big will happen. I'm thinking of Body Link Magic. The DGs holds individual seals that locks something/someone behind that mural. Elseferia knew what would happen so he devised some plan like making a quest to let others do the work for him. Maybe it involves his "granting you anything you desire" sort of magic that connects to that mural. Like he can accomplish or get anything after he gets the dragon seals that are within the DGs.
 

gk3389127

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2021
Messages
249
Reaction score
369
Age
31
Country
Fairy Tail
If there is something Elseferia is planning that's suspect, Mashima and Ueda better start building on it, because we're probably nearing the halfway mark in the story (after Selene, there are just two Dragon Gods left).
 

Kenneth Latorre

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
1,597
Reaction score
2,269
Age
28
Country
United States
Acno = DGS > Igneel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anyone else
This is pretty much how it goes, tho natsu at his max does reach Acnos and the DGs tier, even if he is not exactly as strong as them at full power.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
This is pretty much how it goes, tho natsu at his max does reach Acnos and the DGs tier, even if he is exactly as strong as them at full power.
No he does not. When nerfed sure, but not when they're at full power.
 

Kenneth Latorre

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
1,597
Reaction score
2,269
Age
28
Country
United States
No he does not. When nerfed sure, but not when they're at full power.
there was supposed to be a “not” between “is” and “exactly”

Tho yes, your statement is what I meant to say.
 

gk3389127

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2021
Messages
249
Reaction score
369
Age
31
Country
Fairy Tail
Something I can't help but find kind of funny, is that Selene and her servants have a strong motif based around Japanese folklore and culture, and yet Selene herself is named after a Greco-Roman goddess.
 

GL_Nova

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 3, 2017
Messages
3,068
Reaction score
3,168
Age
37
Country
United States
If Mashima has Natsu state Ignia or any of the DG left, are the single most powerful foe he’s ever faced. Would that ruin FT for you?
 

gk3389127

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2021
Messages
249
Reaction score
369
Age
31
Country
Fairy Tail
If Mashima has Natsu state Ignia or any of the DG left, are the single most powerful foe he’s ever faced. Would that ruin FT for you?
No, not necessarily. Also, I'm doubtful any of them will ever trump Acnologia.
 

gk3389127

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2021
Messages
249
Reaction score
369
Age
31
Country
Fairy Tail
One thing I wonder, is if Selene will have some sort of "illusion" ability. The moon seems to sometimes be associated with illusions in Japanese culture (the Zen story of the monkey reaching for the moon in the water), and Selene, as a character, doesn't strike me as someone who fights purely with brute force and power like Aldoron.

Just a thought.
 

Kenneth Latorre

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
1,597
Reaction score
2,269
Age
28
Country
United States
If Mashima has Natsu state Ignia or any of the DG left, are the single most powerful foe he’s ever faced. Would that ruin FT for you?
Why would it? It’s not like acnologia was a good written character. He was a cookie cutter villain at best.
 
Top