Discussion Dragon Gods

Who is your favorite Dragon God?


  • Total voters
    31

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I remember this convo. Taking the original in account it goes

time rift Acnologia > DGs > pre-time rift Acnologia

ignia stated the DGs feared Acnologia but by the time they realized their powers surpassed him over time (the version before consuming time rift) the 7 ds killed him. The progression is totally fine. Also all them outside Viernes so far have different overall goals which adds to their character more than Acnologia

still feel like the games/tests Selene is putting team natsu thru will lead to training arc, potentially learning spiritual arts
 

gk3389127

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2021
Messages
249
Reaction score
369
Age
31
Country
Fairy Tail
I remember this convo. Taking the original in account it goes

time rift Acnologia > DGs > pre-time rift Acnologia

ignia stated the DGs feared Acnologia but by the time they realized their powers surpassed him over time (the version before consuming time rift) the 7 ds killed him. The progression is totally fine. Also all them outside Viernes so far have different overall goals which adds to their character more than Acnologia

still feel like the games/tests Selene is putting team natsu thru will lead to training arc, potentially learning spiritual arts
I'm going to take what Ignia said there with a grain of salt, because from what we see, he is pretty arrogant, and obviously had a high opinion of himself; if Elseferia had said such a thing, I'd be more inclined to believe it. As for Viernes, I can see him having different goals, since so far the only good DG has been Mercuphobia (Ignia so far seems more neutral than anything else), so perhaps Viernes will be like that too. I still like my theory, though, that to fit the concept of the "Gold Dragon", he's got a large hoard of gold, which may include Aquarius' key.

I'm confident that they'll learn Spiritual Arts, because events have shown that's sort of a prerequisite in order for them to effectively fight in Elentir, but I don't know if it'll lead to a whole training arc, because even when they escape, it seems doubtful Selene is just going to let them ago.
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
One thing I wonder, is if Selene will have some sort of "illusion" ability. The moon seems to sometimes be associated with illusions in Japanese culture (the Zen story of the monkey reaching for the moon in the water), and Selene, as a character, doesn't strike me as someone who fights purely with brute force and power like Aldoron.

Just a thought.
I wonder if Selene has water magic since the moon is associated with water.
 

gk3389127

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2021
Messages
249
Reaction score
369
Age
31
Country
Fairy Tail
I wasn’t being sarcastic and Selene might have water magic and illusion magic.
I guess that what happens when you can't have inflections in text.

As for Water Magic, maybe, but we did already have a "Water Dragon God", so that might be a bit redundant; though Faris' Aqua Aera is a form of Water Magic, and maybe she got it from Selene.
 

Hexbend

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2019
Messages
863
Reaction score
1,196
Age
24
Country
United States
Selene having water magic would explain that giant water arm coming out and separating the crew
 

GL_Nova

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 3, 2017
Messages
3,068
Reaction score
3,168
Age
37
Country
United States
I'm going to take what Ignia said there with a grain of salt, because from what we see, he is pretty arrogant, and obviously had a high opinion of himself; if Elseferia had said such a thing, I'd be more inclined to believe it. As for Viernes, I can see him having different goals, since so far the only good DG has been Mercuphobia (Ignia so far seems more neutral than anything else), so perhaps Viernes will be like that too. I still like my theory, though, that to fit the concept of the "Gold Dragon", he's got a large hoard of gold, which may include Aquarius' key.

I'm confident that they'll learn Spiritual Arts, because events have shown that's sort of a prerequisite in order for them to effectively fight in Elentir, but I don't know if it'll lead to a whole training arc, because even when they escape, it seems doubtful Selene is just going to let them ago.
It did come from him. Literally the first thing we’re told about the DG is that each is at least as strong as Acnologia. If they are all at least that strong, several being stronger isn’t a giant stretch.
 

gk3389127

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2021
Messages
249
Reaction score
369
Age
31
Country
Fairy Tail
It did come from him. Literally the first thing we’re told about the DG is that each is at least as strong as Acnologia. If they are all at least that strong, several being stronger isn’t a giant stretch.
Alright, then I stand corrected. But I'm still skeptical that they're actually stronger than Acnologia. At any rate, this is a moot issue, because it's not like we'll ever actually see them go up against Acnologia, so this question is somewhat academic.
 

Newperson00

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2019
Messages
569
Reaction score
769
Age
56
Country
Denmark
It might be possible that Acnologia might not have died at all just sealed away until that Fairy Sphere time is out Mashima can always come up with reasons and change stuff If that happens We might see Natsu vs Ignia vs Acnologia
 

Newperson00

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2019
Messages
569
Reaction score
769
Age
56
Country
Denmark
We saw Acnologia’s physical body and spirit disintegrate and fairy sphere dissipate at the same time. The only way he’s coming back is a flashback or some sort of spirit that Natsu sees or whatever.
Anime ver sort of changed how he disappeared compared to Manga his Dragon Form magically disappeared instead of using the canon where he scattered to bits after the Sphere disappeared since Anime is Mashima's baby I think Anime is the complete instead of the Manga
Mashima always retcon and change the stuff I see it's a possibility
 

Kenneth Latorre

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
1,597
Reaction score
2,269
Age
28
Country
United States
Moon level Selene anyone? :3c
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,962
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
no spoiler talk outside the spoiler threads, please. put it under spoiler tags. thanks
 

Kenneth Latorre

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
1,597
Reaction score
2,269
Age
28
Country
United States
So are we done doubting the statements now? It like there ever was any reason to doubt.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Merc’s comments low key blew my mind, I wanted more from aldo’s death but I’m fine with it now. moon arc has had its boring moments w/ boring characters but Selene vs Suzaku is saving it. It’s also making me more curious on Viernes, wonder if Ignia makes an appearance soon
 

Kurumi Tokisaki

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 14, 2019
Messages
3,173
Reaction score
4,238
Age
29
Country
Sri Lanka
Hey @Axiomus can Ignia use hellfire? I came across a translation that had hell fire mentioned when Ignia vaped Merc's whirlpool. Can't remember where.
 

GL_Nova

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 3, 2017
Messages
3,068
Reaction score
3,168
Age
37
Country
United States
Natsu goes back to the Heaven place (where he went to during his fight with Wraith), finds Acnologia who gives him a temporary power up, then finds ignia and talks some trash about how he'd never have actually beat Acno then win.

I mean imo, Hiro was foreshadowing that Natsu will meet Acno in the Heaven place after either Zeref or Igneel (forgot who) told him even he might be in there.

Im a kind of new member btw, I'm usually just lurking but occasionally I'll reply to comments.
I think this is the perfect solution. An it’ll be funny watching Acno insist he must uphold the Dragon King title. Natsu will get snippy with him, until Acnologia reminds him Igneel was Dragon King too.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Has it been long enough or do we still need spoiler tags to discuss our broken verse?
 
Top