Discussion - Elite Ten Council | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

AlexisMeade

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I want megane girl to be no 1 because now she's higher than Isshiki and just for ONCE I want a No 1 Elite Ten to be a girl. I want Eizan to be out but 7:3 proportion in favor of 1st year seems unfair somehow. Maybe another 2nd year girl to balance up the number. Otherwise I agree with your list. Maybe I'll switch around Kurokiba and Alice.

So far the proportion of Elite 10 are 5 3rd graders, 4 2nd graders, and 1 1st grader. Also 6 guys and 4 girls. When the 3rd years graduate, Elite 10 would be 3 guys and 2 girls only. Maybe for the new generation they'd like to keep up the same ratio but what do I know. All the semifinalist from autumn election were from A-block and guys (still pissy about that smh).

Alas, there's still kinda a long way to go. It's still autumn and they have winter and early spirng to go through before graduation.

perroloco

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
For my list the position of the 2nd years (Soma´s generation) is all interchangable, except for Nakiri which I think would still be the higher 2nd year.

Also yeah, I put glasses girl in 2nd because it just seems like EVERY 2nd seat (except for Soma´s dad) we have seen is a girl, so Glasses girl could be her generation 2nd seat, and Erina would be her generation 2nd seat.. Not that it has to be that way, of course glasses girl or Erina could be 1st seat, but we have seen that historically for some reason girls tend to get 2nd seat..

As for the ratios, yeah I agree with you, but.. Wasn´t Erina an exception to the rule? Like it´s almost unheard of a 1st year being Elite Ten, right? I might be imagining things, it has been a long time since I read the first chapters/watched the first episodes.

AlexisMeade

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Yeah Erina is the exception. But the ratio seems to be like 3rd years number >2nd years> 1st years and if the 3rd years graduates it'd be 3rd years number <2nd years if we're looking at the jewel generation taking over elite 10

perroloco

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
I'm pretty sure we will get to see more characters that were pretty close to getting a seat, maybe even ex-seat characters, so we will probably get another character from Isshiki´s generation at least...

I was about to write how probably one of the two comic relief guys from Soma's dorm was gonna have a Shokugeki to get a seat, I had thought they were 2nd years!! But they´re 1st years, I´m talking about the guys that are always fighting, apparently they are named Daigo and Shoji.. I guess they´re like very bad cooks -..-

Clash15

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I don't see takumi being chosen to join the elite ten when the spots are open. Hisako will most likely get the spot alongside with alice, hayama, soma, and ryou.

eikichi00

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It'll be nice to have the 1st seat being a girl for a change. Once the 3rd year graduated and their seats are vacant, I reckon the Glasses girl could take the top spot. There has to be a good reason why she's currently the best 2nd year student in the academy. She seems like the very calm and confident type, similar to Akira in a way.

BaBYShiBa

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Wasn´t Erina an exception to the rule? Like it´s almost unheard of a 1st year being Elite Ten, right? I might be imagining things, it has been a long time since I read the first chapters/watched the first episodes.
What we do know is she was the youngest student to be inducted into the E10, but the manga didn't definitively mention whether or not she was the only 1st year to achieve that feat. So there could be other previous 1st year(s) in the E10, but having earlier birthday(s) than Erina.

Though one might suspect the author would like to keep it that way (Erina being the only 1st year to achieve that), in order to maintain the mystique & hype surrendering her.

Also, you haven't factored in the remaining [current] 2nd years that are vying for a seat.

StingingNettle

Reaction score
Country
United States
If they don't make it into the Elite Ten by their second year, by current patterns they will never make it. The top seats are third years, while the lower seats are second years. Those who are on the bottom of the list will be eaten up by their successor generation. But then again, this is the Jewels' generation. Also, seeing Sonoko as 2nd seat makes me think that Megumi actually getting a seat isn't impossible, but OP says it probably will be heavily cliched.

BaBYShiBa

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
If they don't make it into the Elite Ten by their second year, by current patterns they will never make it. The top seats are third years, while the lower seats are second years. Those who are on the bottom of the list will be eaten up by their successor generation. But then again, this is the Jewels' generation. Also, seeing Sonoko as 2nd seat makes me think that Megumi actually getting a seat isn't impossible, but OP says it probably will be heavily cliched.
You're basing your theory on a sole representation of the E10 make-up (it doesn't entail the previous years being similar). There may be one or two capable (& competent) 2nd year candidates lying in wait.

Megumi being in the E10 isn't out of the question, since Grandpa Nakiri commented before on her potential.

solarwings

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I think that there will be some kind of Winter event/tournament(December~February) to decide the ranking of the Elite Ten before the 3rd years graduate in March; one for the current non-graduating members of the E10 in order to decide the top and one for the 2nd years & top 1st years to fill the empty seats.

BaBYShiBa

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I think that there will be some kind of Winter event/tournament(December~February) to decide the ranking of the Elite Ten before the 3rd years graduate in March; one for the current non-graduating members of the E10 in order to decide the top and one for the 2nd years & top 1st years to fill the empty seats.
Actually, Souma's visit to Eishi's booth with Rindou-nee may be a good & appropriate time to address those burning questions on the M.O of the E10.

I'm certainly looking forward to their meeting, but at the same time, I'm wondering if Tsukuda-sensei will once again 'renege' on Souma being able to taste Erina's food. >_>

seizzoverow

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
my prediction in the second year elite ten seat

1. nene kinokuni
2. satoshi ishiki
3. etsuya eizan
4. nakiri erina
5. yukihira soma
6. terunori kuga
7. hayama akira
8. nakiri alice
9. kurokiba ryo
10. hisako arato / mimasaka subaru

something will happen before the new top ten:
yukihira soma vs the other 4 top 8 second year
eizan vs takumi
yukihira soma vs terunori kga
yukihira soma vs nakiri erina

something will happen when the third year graduate and the new seat fighting:
yukihira soma vs ibusaki shun
subaru vs isami
nikumi vs megumi / takumi
hayama vs hisako
alice vs kurokiba
yukihira soma vs megumi

after the second year started
yukihira soma vs new polar star member
yukihra soma vs new ace 1st year
yukihira soma vs nakiri erina

perroloco

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
I don't see takumi being chosen to join the elite ten when the spots are open. Hisako will most likely get the spot alongside with alice, hayama, soma, and ryou.
Why Hisako over Takumi? I think Takumi has the edge, plot wise against a character like Hisako, sure both have their motivations, but ultimately I think Hisako will lose a decisive Shokugeki against either Erina or Alice.
To be honest the main advantage Takumi has against Hisako (and any other character) is that he´s one of the most popular characters as seen in the polls, we are bound to see him appear more, I would be very surprised if he doesn´t get a Elite 10 seat, just because of the fact he´s like 3 in the popularity polls, along with Soma and Erina IIRC.

Also, you haven't factored in the remaining [current] 2nd years that are vying for a seat.

Megumi being in the E10 isn't out of the question, since Grandpa Nakiri commented before on her potential.
Yeah, my guess is maybe there will be some new 2nd year characters, but I didn´t include them because well.. We don´t know about them yet, but they could probably take one or two seats leaving only 3 seats for new members.

Also, about Megumi, I know she´s a fan favorite, personally I don´t dislike her, but I hope she doesn´t get an Elite Ten seat, just because she´s not in that level, or at least not yet, in the Autumn election arc she got 8th but that was because of her position, had she been in the other group she would have had to have another match with Marui and Shun..
Putting it other way, let´s assume 7 people from the Soma´s generation were to get seats in the Elite Ten, and that´s being very generous as I don´t see more than 6 people from a single generation getting into Elite Ten, but let´s just say 7

Do you see Megumi beating
Erina, Soma, Akira, Kurokiba, Alice, Takumi, Hisako, Subaru? Because that´s the competition to be top 8 in her generation.
I mean, do you think she could even beat other cooks that didn´t get to Top 8 like Isami, Shun, Marui, Mito?

Also, she has no real motivation, is not like she wants to be Elite Ten, or she hasn´t shown that, so unless there´s a tournament where she´s forced to attend, I don´t see her getting a seat, and even then.. That would be just the writer wanting her to win, kinda like Subaru vs Takumi.. And yet, I kinda expect her to get a seat, just because of plot.. -.-

seizzoverow:
---post---
Actually I think we have moer or less the same vision of what´s going to happen, other 1st years will have Shokugekis with the 2nd/3rd years, but it really depends on what the system to choose new ET members is.

StingingNettle

Reaction score
Country
United States
You're basing your theory on a sole representation of the E10 make-up (it doesn't entail the previous years being similar). There may be one or two capable (& competent) 2nd year candidates lying in wait.

Which is why I said things will likely be different since this generation has a lot of talented people.

It's just that Megumi hasn't shown much of what's required to enter the elite ten so far. Her moments only happen when she is pushed into cooking, but going out of her way to find conflict over a seat just doesn't seem like her.

As long as one keeps pushing themselves and continue growing, he/she also has "unlimited potential." What is more important is the rate at which her talent grows. I'm not even sure why Senzaemon even said that. Is it for the readers feel confident in Megumi even though she lost to Kurokiba?

caleb4012

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
So this is my list of future elite 10 seat holders:
1. Satoshi
2. Erina Nakiri
3. Nene
4. Hayama
5. Souma
6. Alice
7. Kurokiba
8. Kuga
9. Eizan
10. Takumi or Hisako

Note:1-2 is interchangeable
4-5 is interchangeable
6-10 is a wild guess
Well a I know a lot of you will disagree with my list but its ok I just want to explain why this is my list as of right now. The main reason for this is because they were labeled by the academy director himself as the "Jewels Generation". IMO for the director to give them this title just means that the 92 Generation is one of the best generations if not the best the academy has ever had. So for a talented generation like this, I believe they need to pull off a feat that could justify why they are called the "Jewels Generation". Because if you think about it, if they will just follow a turnover format wherein the current second years will take the higher vacant seats and the first years will take the lower seats, so whats so special about them? They just probably followed the same path the older generations took. And that is taking the top of totsuki on your 3rd year, which I believe have been happening a for the past generations. IMO this current generation has to break that cycle in order for them to be worthy of the title the "Jewels Generation". I also believe that if its just raw talent were talking about, I believe they are all better than the current elite 10. My proof about this is as you can remember for the past years of the Autumn election it was stated that 70-80s were the highest score. But for this years election, a total of 7 students breached the 90 point mark and that's excluding Erina. So it means that all this first year students have a higher score in the election than the current elite 10 when they participated in the elections. So that is basically my reasoning for my list and to add to that, first years overtaking their sempais is not new in shounen mangas anyway so I think they will go that route.

As for the list specifics, this is just my predictions just by looking at the current situation but I will certainly put my money on the first years to take at least 3 of the top 5 seats of the elite 10.

BaBYShiBa

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Also, about Megumi, I know she´s a fan favorite, personally I don´t dislike her, but I hope she doesn´t get an Elite Ten seat, just because she´s not in that level, or at least not yet, in the Autumn election arc she got 8th but that was because of her position, had she been in the other group she would have had to have another match with Marui and Shun..
Putting it other way, let´s assume 7 people from the Soma´s generation were to get seats in the Elite Ten, and that´s being very generous as I don´t see more than 6 people from a single generation getting into Elite Ten, but let´s just say 7

Do you see Megumi beating
Erina, Soma, Akira, Kurokiba, Alice, Takumi, Hisako, Subaru? Because that´s the competition to be top 8 in her generation.
I mean, do you think she could even beat other cooks that didn´t get to Top 8 like Isami, Shun, Marui, Mito?

Also, she has no real motivation, is not like she wants to be Elite Ten, or she hasn´t shown that, so unless there´s a tournament where she´s forced to attend, I don´t see her getting a seat, and even then.. That would be just the writer wanting her to win, kinda like Subaru vs Takumi.. And yet, I kinda expect her to get a seat, just because of plot.. -.-
Look, this manga is all about people changing, growing, & evolving. Megumi-chan has been a revelation, in that aspect, as compared to the others. I am mightily impressed by her growth, so far. I would dare to say she would go on to fulfill Grandpa Nakiri's 'prophecy', & become a great cook later on.

And you also have to look at this on a narrative standpoint. Megumi is one of the main characters (I'd say a fellow heroine with Erina, though the 'main' one hasn't been decided, yet, according to the author), with huge relevance & importance to the story. It doesn't make sense if she's not inside the E10 later on, especially in a Shounen manga.

One more thing - I'm surprised you never even considered Miyoko to be inside. The sister has all the ingredients to be an E10 member - passion, confidence, charisma, skill, beauty - you name it. And don't forget she bears a burning desire to be inside (& even become the 1st seat, to boot), much more so than the other side-characters we've come to know of, so far.

Which is why I said things will likely be different since this generation has a lot of talented people.

It's just that Megumi hasn't shown much of what's required to enter the elite ten so far. Her moments only happen when she is pushed into cooking, but going out of her way to find conflict over a seat just doesn't seem like her.

As long as one keeps pushing themselves and continue growing, he/she also has "unlimited potential." What is more important is the rate at which her talent grows. I'm not even sure why Senzaemon even said that. Is it for the readers feel confident in Megumi even though she lost to Kurokiba?
I know, but I just can't rule out that possibility, yet.

Its still early, Sting-kun. We have long, long way to go. I've already said my piece on this above. :p

StingingNettle

Reaction score
Country
United States
Look, this manga is all about people changing, growing, & evolving. Megumi-chan has been a revelation, in that aspect, as compared to the others. I am mightily impressed by her growth, so far. I would dare to say she would go on to fulfill Grandpa Nakiri's 'prophecy', & become a great cook later on.

And you also have to look at this on a narrative standpoint. Megumi is one of the main characters (I'd say a fellow heroine with Erina, though the 'main' one hasn't been decided, yet, according to the author), with huge relevance & importance to the story. It doesn't make sense if she's not inside the E10 later on, especially in a Shounen manga.

One more thing - I'm surprised you never even considered Miyoko to be inside. The sister has all the ingredients to be an E10 member - passion, confidence, charisma, skill, beauty - you name it. And don't forget she bears a burning desire to be inside (& even become the 1st seat, to boot), much more so than the other side-characters we've come to know of, so far.

I know, but I just can't rule out that possibility, yet.

Its still early, Sting-kun. We have long, long way to go. I've already said my piece on this above. :p
I'm actually quite sure she will somehow make it into the Elite Ten. She has the thickest "armor" in the series (not "plot-armor" since how little of the plot actually has to do with her aside from being Souma's helper). Due to a bit of confidence boost, she went from the lowest ranking of all the first years to snuffing out both Hyoujo and Isami in the preliminaries. At this rate, she'll snuff out Joichirou way before Souma does.

So yeah she will likely join the elite ten at some point, but I probably won't like how it will be done.

eikichi00

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At the moment, there isn't any incentive for Megumi to aim for E10. Knowing her, she'll probably be happy at the idea of managing to graduate from the academy and nothing more. I can't imagine she want all that stress and responsibility that comes with being an E10. Still, you never know. Maybe a certain someone can give her the motivation to do it. Grandpa Nakiri and Erina herself, rated her, so it'll be a waste if she doesn't unleash this tremendous potential she has.

perroloco

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Megumi post

Miyoko post

About Megumi:

I agree with what you said about Megumi, she´s probably the character that has grown the most, but I don´t think she should get in the Elite Ten, at the very least right now she´s not in the level of the other top 7 students from her generation.

I don´t think she needs to get a seat, it all depends on how the author plays it, let me put it other way:
If Megumi by some twist were to compete with say Erina, Isshiki.. Heck, even a character like Hayama or Soma, and she lost but with a 2 to 3 (as in 2 votes to her, 3 to her opponent) wouldn´t that already be sufficient for her to be considered a great cook, even if she didn´t get a seat?

I totally can see something like that happening, she having a match against a top-notch cook, and losing by a small margin, I would prefer that to her ever taking a seat, that already conveys how much she has grown, yet she still needs to grow a little bit more.. Though this being a shonen manga, she getting a seat could totally happen too.. Is just about how the author plays it.

If we go by the ratio that was shown to us of five 3rd years, four 2nd years and one 1st year, I doubt she would have a place in the Elite Ten, like ever..
Erina, Akira, Kurokiba, Soma, those are more or less pretty much guaranteed to have an Elite Ten seat, that´s four characters already, with this ratio, in third year there would be an extra seat, and the person I think is most skilled right now is Alice, followed by either Secretary girl and Takumi..

tl:dr the only way I see Megumi getting a seat is if in third year like 8 students from Soma´s generation get a seat.. Or maybe different students will get a seat in different times, e.g. Kurokiba gets a seat but gets challenged by Akira and loses the seat.. Stuff like that

About Miyoko:

I totally forgot about her, like I put her in the same rank as Nao (The scary looking girl, I think that´s her name, right?) anyway, to me they´re just filler characters, basically characters that were introduced to be beaten by Megumi and Secretary girl respectively, and I put Subaru in that category too, maybe the author will prove me wrong, though.. Who knows.

The problem still remains, I don´t see her beating the characters I have mentioned, AND she´s not popular, which is a problem, popular characters tend to get more screen time on manga, specially in Jump manga.. Megumi at least is very popular, but Miyoko isn´t.

Anyway, the character I see having the most possibilities to be an Elite Ten outside the top 8 is Ibusaki Shun, from what we have seen he really aims to be the best, looks mysterious, and he was popular at some point (ranked 10 in the first popularity poll), he didn´t get in the 2nd poll because of lack of screen time, Secretary girl got in the popularity poll and Shun got left out of it.

Stinging wrote:
So yeah she will likely join the elite ten at some point, but I probably won't like how it will be done.
If that happen´s I don´t think I would like how it´s done either..

eikichi wrote:
At the moment, there isn't any incentive for Megumi to aim for E10. Knowing her, she'll probably be happy at the idea of managing to graduate from the academy and nothing more. I can't imagine she want all that stress and responsibility that comes with being an E10. Still, you never know. Maybe a certain someone can give her the motivation to do it. Grandpa Nakiri and Erina herself, rated her, so it'll be a waste if she doesn't unleash this tremendous potential she has.
Exactly, she´s not the type of character that would go on challenging people to get their seats, so unless there´s an obligatory tournament to get the best students, I don´t see how she could get a seat, I just don´t see any sort of way where she gets a motivation to challenge someone for a seat... Though who knows, I do agree she´s very likely to get a seat at some point in the story.. Because plot .. -.-

Last edited:

seizzoverow

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
if the author wanna to turn back polar star dorm golden era
then
isshiki 3rd year
soma 2nd year
megumi 2nd year
ibusaki 2nd year
X guy 1st year
will become E10

megumi for now doesn't want to become stronger,remember how she can cutting big fish? it's because she is in the big pressure.
no pressure no chance megumi aim to the E10