- Joined
- Apr 9, 2016
- Messages
- 689
- Reaction score
- 1,963
- Age
- 33
- Country
-
Right, sometimes it's hard to discern between bare punches and magic imbued punches, Glidartz for example.Gildarts used magic imbued punches against Bluenote in CQC in much the same way Laxus using Lightning magic in his punches. Empyrean is like Laxus using Red Lightning.
Hmmm but they seem to have the ability to manipulate its shape, size, AoE and power, so it doesn't necessarily have to be like comparing 2 sea waves right? I mean, maybe Natsu is capable of making one thread of fire with enough power that its going to pierce anything. That's all speculation though.I understand what you're saying here and I agree with that analogy. But it's not the same as comparing dragon slayer magics of the same element. When you compare Natsu's Fire DS and Serena's Purgatory, it's like comparing 2 sea waves.
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear, mainly due to my English not being native.Sorry, I don't understand. Fire magic is something I doubt follows the rules of physics as we know, because Hiro might not know, and Earthland doesn't have to be Earth. The only thing I can really gleam from the manga is that Natsu's spells present in a certain way (size/shape/temperature) and cause a certain effect (damage/destruction etc).
Let me begin by addressing your Earthland argument. It's true. Earthland doesn't have to be Earth. As a matter of fact, calculations claim it is 75x larger than our earth (which is utterly inconceivable because no life form other than maybe some bacteria and so on can live on such massive gravity forces, which would be of around 20G). Also, the size of Fiore has been said to be roughly 13.000.000 km^2 which is roughly the area of the U.S. + Canada (quite inconceivable if we take into account it was said to be a densely populated country, and its got only 17 million inhabitants. It's like 1,3 people per km^2, which is around the population density of Antarctica hahaha).
In any case, in this thread we're analysing everything by our known physic rules. I mean, it wouldn't make sense not to, since if Earthland is actually 20G, Natsu's weight would be over 1200 kg, and then you'd have to scale anything just 20x at least. I mean, whenever we analyse and reason out anything regarding Fairy Tail, we do so thinking that they live under similar conditions to us: 1G, human beings without magic = human beings in our Earth, and so on.
Fire, in nature, is but a chemical reaction in which mass is oxidated at such a fast pace that the reaction emits light and heat because of an energy exchange which is very fast. In nature, for example, a fire in a forest... well, the fire actually just "burns". It does not create explosions, its shape is always continuous, etc. You need some kind of gas or a compression that puts a lot of pressure in order to obtain an explosion out of fire (for example, a gasoline tank explodes because it cannot expand fast enough and a lot of pressure is built in a very short period of time). Or you need a very inflammable gas in order to get high temperature fire.
So, how does magic fire work? At what temperature does it burn? What is the oxidizing agent and the fuel substance that generates and keeps that fire alive?
Can Natsu or God Serena manipulate that oxidizing agent and the fuel substance? Probably they can, since it's probably their raw magic power. So they can probably manipulate their fire to take the shape they want, or to burn at higher or lower temperatures, or to expand at different AoEs and to produce different levels of destruction.
So, for me, the fact that Natsu's attacks are more impressive visually or cover larger AoE does not necessarily mean they're stronger than God Serena's. It may very well be, in fact, I believe they are, but what I mean is that it's not proper justification.