We don't know of Jellal's rank. I believe you're correct in that we can't guess the difference between Jellal and Jura to a certain degree.. But, here me out (for beginning of series). During Erza vs. Natsu right after Galuna, Levy/Gray/Elfman state that Erza is the current strongest female mage, but that the strongest is either Laxus, Mystogan, or that "old geezer" (Gildarts). We know Laxus is stronger than Erza, and for me, I have an intuitive feeling based off of feats that it was quite a large gap. This is because if Erza = Jura (10th saint), Laxus could probably defeat Jose, who was probably closer to Makarov than Jura. He was shown in the same panel as Jellal.
Next, Natsu/Gajeel vs. Laxus was more of a 3 on 1 (when you're the 1 (laxus) it feels like you're fighting three people since they are attacking at once, and etc.) and against Jellal, DF gave Natsu a 3x boost. Next, both Jellal and Laxus had three moments/things that held them back, so by this convention, Jellal/Laxus > Jura = or > BoS Erza. It's a lot of train thinking, but it makes sense and also makes sense with current power levels - not saying that Erza is weak or anything. I think Jellal and definitely Laxus are older than Erza, as well, so it's not too much of a surprise on top of their male physique.
And that's the thing, almost all of Jellal's magic was being used on his Siegrain thought projection. We note that in Hades vs. Laxus, wizards use their magic to amp up their durability/defense (when Laxus was knocked out by opting to pass his magic to Natsu). His damage was mortal - the same as if you or I were stabbed by a sword, then had to fight. It looked as though having his magic returned delayed that pain, but not for long enough. Not to mention, I believe Erza lost due to bind snake and shady means, so it wasn't really much of a good battle to go off of for her.
Yes, that's what I said. Their fight was cut short.
Destroying a bunch of what could have been complete foddery junk is the same as posing. Just as much of a feat as natsu one shotting a beast of war (which was not a feat). She more or less lost against Kagura if not for Kagura being nakama-fied and being stabbed in the back by Minerva. She didn't beat Minerva until pulling out a completely random new armor no one had ever heard of. And (unrelated) Laxus didn't even have his fight against Jura shown, the most hyped fight. Both Mirajane and Erza (and Laxus) were given short ends of the stick in terms of battles for the GMG arc and not much feat was gained other than Laxus = Jura.
No, Natsu's attack power does not surpass Serena. Same with Laxus. Completely unrealistic. Let's just agree to disagree.
I don't know how Erza would fare against Wahl. This is only because I am unconfident in Wahl's ability and lack of plot armor. Taking plot armor out of the question, once Wahl uses weakness, it's pretty much downhill for anyone aside from Ichiya. Laxus got a BS fix for his weakness halfway through, so he doesn't count in the least. And yeah these fights suck. I'm just trying to power-scale.
How does one become spriggan level? By showing that they have the potential to clearly be the strongest mage of Ishgar, which honestly I only see Laxus, Jellal, Natsu and maybe DF Gajeel pull off. Oh and Gildarts with "hype".
Where are you getting this information, man? LOL. Your arguments are kind of easy to dispel atm.
Mira never explicitly said "Pre-SO Erza" that's all your speculation. Makarov himself knew that Natsu & co. receieved SO, whereas Gajeel & co. trained. So it can easily be common knowledge among the guild prior to Mirajane referencing Erza. In fact, it's speculated that Erza had her SO all along, which is why it did not affect her when Ultear cast it on Team Natsu. Also word-hype is not really trustable in FT, in which case Spriggan Tier extends below to GOI tier (neinhart, ajeel etc.).
Jura surpassed Erza by GMG, and Erza caught up/is almost caught up by Alvarez.
I'm not sure what the rest of your argument is arguing for, so best of luck!
I don't remember levy or anyone saying that . I think it was happy
we actually don't know whether he was stronger than erza
he never showed anything and markarov clearly thought that erza could possibly beat him, mystogan was also thinking along those same lines
what feats are you talking about which shows the gap was large?
how could laxus defeat jose? didn't jose one shot both gray and elfman at the same time, when they tried to jump him. Don't remember laxus could do anything near that.
yeah could you give me feats for that train you made.
jellal vs erza was confusing without doubt, but it certainily didn't show any big gap. don't know why mishma didn't show this gap.
same thing happened with laxus. laxus couldn't blow erza away. they looked equal.
if mishma wanted to show this gap, why did he do that.
erza defeated kagura in the last exchange. that was pretty much shown. she lost her will to fight after that. this is clearly shown in the manga.
yeah we only got
laxus = Jura
and
Erza > Kagura or menerva
even though she deafeated them in a funny way. she still had power fight one after the other
I don't really agree with natsu attack power above serena either. but the point was the jump in power isn't unrealistic since natsu did went from below erza to whatever level he is. and laxus improved so much with cancer.
so erza attack power being up there isn't really unrealistic for fairy tail.
yeah wahl fight was crap. he didn't use weakness against laxus. he didn't even know he was lightening dragon slayer. I mean this guy could tell mira weakness is elfman but cant figure out laxus magic or weakness. just lol
if he had created transport for laxus he could have easily won.
how can one show this
"How does one become spriggan level? By showing that they have the potential to clearly be the strongest mage of Ishgar"
I mean erza with help took out ajeel with help.
what more must she do?
I like how you put laxus around jose level and asked me where I was getting my information
erza released her SO in her fight against menerva, its shown in the manga

before that mira made the comparison (keep in mind this hype happened in the arc full of bs hype)
so unless you are telling me that mira did some maths, added SO herself and figured out erza power with SO. we have to assume that she was talking about pre SO erza. I think menerva even asked how erza have this much power when she released SO.
probably was just using mp at that.
the way I remember the cannon tier list pre ts
was
markarov gildart
laxus erza mytsogan jellal
natsu gray gajeel
lucy
so form of this is actually shown in the manga
these people actually have feats to back um up
for example Markarov can easily block jupitor cannon while erza cannot
jose can one shot gray casually while laxus cannot one shot gajeel like that
bluenote can just walk in and have natsu face planted on the floor, while laxus cannot do that again as casually.
meanwhile laxus could easily handle natsu or could easily handle gajeel.
natsu obviously cant do that
erza could easily one shot aria, gajeel obviously cant do that
racer took out natsu, gray and three other fodders while erza required cobra plus racer plus hoteye in a sneak attack to be taken out.
gajeel faught on par with pantherlily, in the very next arc weaker version of erza opponent one shotted pantherlily
these are feats in the manga (I hope I didn't mix anime in there)

which shows the difference
laxus nor jellal nor jura has not shown anything like this to show their superiority over erza especially at this level.
the power gap for me right now is
pof laxus can mid diff erza
this gap exist because erza is slotted for power up this arc.
so she will go back to original place or surpass laxus if fairy tail is about to end.
please tell me what I got wrong here
