Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Why are you using DF? No offense
If you're going to use DF then rank Gray with his trump card to be fair
We have seen what DF can do.It atleast increases his power level by 3 times from Base state may be even more.Regarding Gray i don't even know what his secret technique is.May be when he uses it he will surpass Laxus.
 

Crimson Ice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
2,259
Reaction score
3,715
Country
Vandenreich
Laxus is still stronger than Gray though :hip Might not be that way come EoS though.
 

sharkai

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
2,060
Reaction score
1,111
Age
36
Country
United States
We have seen DF can do.It atleast increses his power level by atleast by 3 times from Base state may be even more.Regarding Gray i don't even know the secret technique is.May be when he uses it he will surpass Laxus.
I actually think that in pure power department
Pof gray (zeroth punches) > nakamized laxus (red lightening)
 

Talenel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 28, 2016
Messages
692
Reaction score
789
Age
36
Country
United States
Technically natsu just one shot an enhanced springgan
Gray pretty much used his most strongest spell To win.
So I wouldn't compare them but I do think they will be equal
I don't think they're equal at all. Just pointing out the portrayal. Hiro didnt have Natsu give a speech about how terrifying FT can be while having Gray smack around Invel or show both Gray and Natsu punching Spriggan into oblivion just for fans to go "eh, he's still not that strong."

BTW, I think Natsu used Demolition Fist against Neinhart though I could be wrong.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I think while Gajeel is in DF he can punch on better than anyone in the guild. The only reason I don't rate Gajeel higher is because he didn't trigger it on his own.

BTW, I think Natsu used Demolition Fist against Neinhart though I could be wrong.
I have no problem with people thinking this tbh. It's not as if this is an exhaustive attack for Natsu, he's willing to use it on fodders. It's either FDK demolishing strike or FD Iron Fist.

For now I assume every spell he doesn't name is a base tech... I still cannot tell from the flames.
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Waaaaaait.

Are people seriously saying Erza is stronger than Gray?

@Synn Stop this bias and NOW!

Gray is clearly a top tier Fairy Tail mage atm and well, Erza is not.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
We have seen what DF can do.It atleast increases his power level by 3 times from Base state may be even more.Regarding Gray i don't even know what his secret technique is.May be when he uses it he will surpass Laxus.
That isn't this arc's DF, that was Tartarus DF, if you're going to say you don't know what Gray's secret technique is then say the same for Natsu, you don't know what his current DF will be like so no, you're being biased here
 

Ice devil slayer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2016
Messages
1,387
Reaction score
2,534
Age
28
Country
France
I seriously don't understand how can anyone put gray below erza when
He stomped a spriggan in his base form only using 1 devil slayer arts and without the black marks.. while erza was about to get killed by ajeel
Still has his trump card for zeref and end
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
I have no problem with people thinking this tbh. It's not as if this is an exhaustive attack for Natsu, he's willing to use it on fodders. It's either FDK demolishing strike
Except if Natsu had gone FDK in that panel, Lucy and Brandish's clothes would be melting off like Lessio's, it was an unnamed punch Randy, no FDK involved:-_-
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
That isn't this arc's DF, that was Tartarus DF, if you're going to say you don't know what Gray's secret technique is then say the same for Natsu, you don't know what his current DF will be like so no, you're being biased here
Sorry no i am not then i would not have put Gildarts at the top.We know DF increases his powerlevel by 3 times or even more.So seeing Current Natsu's Base powerlevel we can assume how strong it will be.Now how can i put Gray's secret technique without even knowing anything about it.I don't even know whether it is a Spell,Demon Form or anything else.
 

sharkai

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
2,060
Reaction score
1,111
Age
36
Country
United States
I seriously don't understand how can anyone put gray below erza when
He stomped a spriggan in his base form only using 1 devil slayer arts and without the black marks.. while erza was about to get killed by ajeel
Still has his trump card for zeref and end
I already said why I think gray might be still weaker than erza. Sh!t called pof. People might disagree with it. But pof is real in fairy tail

I wonder what ace he got
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Except if Natsu had gone FDK in that panel, Lucy and Brandish's clothes would be melting off like Lessio's, it was an unnamed punch Randy, no FDK involved:-_-
He doesn't need to go into FDK mode to pull off demolishing strike... nor does an FDK spell melt clothes all the time


To be honest the clothes melting thing is something Hiro is likely to be highly inconsistent with. When Natsu was first introduced after the timeskip his base flames were enough to strip clothes.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Invel should in the worst case scenario be on the level of Ajeel.So Erza who couldn't defeat Ajeel and needed Bisca and Natsu's help while Gray soloed Invel(albeit enraged emotionally after seeing Juvia's supposed death).
 
Last edited:

sharkai

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
2,060
Reaction score
1,111
Age
36
Country
United States
Invel should in the worst case scenario be on the level of Ajeel.So Erza who couldn't defeat Ajeel and needed Bisca and Natsu's help while Gray soloed Invel(albeit enraged emotionally after seeing Juvia's supposed death).
I think invel is stronger but not by a huge amount.
dont forget ajeel also had help
How much do you think enrage gray power Increased?
I don't think pof gray can beat ajeel
Not because gray is weaker but because sneak fighting style of ajeel
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
To be honest the clothes melting thing is something Hiro is likely to be highly inconsistent with. When Natsu was first introduced after the timeskip his base flames were enough to strip clothes.
He was in FDKM when he entered the stadium, Happy himself remarked that he wasn't holding back, the series always makes a point to show off when Natsu isn't holding back, like when he was kicked out of the Guild by Makarov to chase after Lessio, they all knew he was holding back..
Honestly I think people slightly overlook the fact that he was in FDKM in the GMG since when he uses base flames later on no one's clothes came off
 

Synn

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2015
Messages
306
Reaction score
633
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Exactly. And Gray's MP is not far from Invel's. So your point earlier is invalid.
How is it invalid, when I said it should work on someone close to his level? In fact, it did work on Gray, so...

I did and I clearly stated that in my last post... The past two arcs were an exception. Before that, I had no clue who Gray was going to fight. On the contrary, I knew who Natsu and Erza were going to face. For example, Natsu obviously was Zancrow's opponent. Kagura was obviously Erza's opponent.
Even this arc, the obvious match-up for Gray was the only Ice Mage among the Spriggan 12, because that's pretty much the only kind of opponents Gray is fit to take on at this point (either demons or ice mages). Natsu hasn't only been fighting dragons or Fire Magic users, just like Erza hasn't only been fighting sword users... That's where diversity kicks in.

Also, Gray's character is so flat compared to most of his peers, because his fights are so linear and predictible. He will always be the guy that takes down other ice mages, so he's definitely runner-up for best ice mage in the world, not strongest mage in Fairy Tail. He's far from it, actually.

The only difference is that Gray was not trying against Ur, but he was against Invel. I don't see why it's so hard to comprehend that Ur was Lyon's opponent.
He wasn't trying, yet he was fighting back? I guess I'll never understand that kind of reasoning, but it's obvious that we won't agree on this, so let's just leave it at that.

How was he at an advantage against Silver? He was actually on the disadvantage because his attacks did not affect Silver. Besides, Gray was only given Ice Devil Slaying Magic after the fight ended.
The fact that Silver uses Ice magic is already an advantage, because Gray resists ice to some degree. I am well aware that he was granted that power-up after the fight; that's not what I meant at all.
 

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
897
Reaction score
408
Country
United States
This is a wild (and flawed at that) guess of yours. Brandish couldn't use her magic against him, it has nothing to do with physical strength.



Uhh.. why, exactly? Most women in this anime can fight...



Yes he did. He wanted to test his strength but it turned out that he used an attack sligthly too poweful that instantaneously KOed him.



Not quite.



Not true.



This makes no sense whatsoever, no matter how you look at it. It's not like a crash net enveloped the mountain and it crashed, it was a punch of Glidartz imbued in crash what destroyed a mountain. As for Natsu, his aura heat combined with a massive punch.



Probably not, especially now that Mashima wants to hype him too much..



I agree that Glidartz can throw multiple mountain busting punches but you need to understand it's but an assumption because he hasn't done so yet.



Too lazy now hehe but honestly, even if he hasn't shown poof speed, does it make him slower than Wendy? clearly not. In any case, he hasn't needed his true speed, he'll use it when he needs it, probably. Maybe Mashima decides he's faster than light :spaz





That movement on Neinhart's head is odd for a dodge. Also he says "Guaaahn" as if he had received damage. But maybe he dodged. Whatever.


My S12 Ranking:
1.August
2.Irene
3.Larcade
4.Dimaria
5.God Serena
6.Enhanced Neinhart
7.Brandish
8.Wahl
9.Bradman
10.Invel
11.Ajeel
12.Lessio
13.Neinhart
Natsu missed, end of story. I wanna see Natsu one shot bluenotestinger with pure strength, no magic. That's right, he can't. He barley moved Jacob an inch.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
He was in FDKM when he entered the stadium, Happy himself remarked that he wasn't holding back, the series always makes a point to show off when Natsu isn't holding back, like when he was kicked out of the Guild by Makarov to chase after Lessio, they all knew he was holding back..
Honestly I think people slightly overlook the fact that he was in FDKM in the GMG since when he uses base flames later on no one's clothes came off
Really doubt Hiro is going to unveil a mode without Natsu telling us he's entering one... just think back to when you read chapter 418 for the first time. What did you think? Natsu's flames have improved, or Natsu's developed a new mode?

Even if we assume Natsu was using FDKM, the panel I provided showed a FDK attack without being in the mode, and also Lucy/Juvia/Gray's clothes not melting off.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
How is it invalid, when I said it should work on someone close to his level? In fact, it did work on Gray, so...
Ice Lock? Yes. Ice Slave? No. You said that Invel can just freeze Gray like he did with Mavis.

Even this arc, the obvious match-up for Gray was the only Ice Mage among the Spriggan 12, because that's pretty much the only kind of opponents Gray is fit to take on at this point (either demons or ice mages). Natsu hasn't only been fighting dragons or Fire Magic users, just like Erza hasn't only been fighting sword users... That's where diversity kicks in.

Also, Gray's character is so flat compared to most of his peers, because his fights are so linear and predictible. He will always be the guy that takes down other ice mages, so he's definitely runner-up for best ice mage in the world, not strongest mage in Fairy Tail. He's far from it, actually.
If you're really going to play it like this, I can say Gray hasn't always fought demons or ice mages, therefore, he is more diverse... And this statement is true because Gray didn't fight ice mages or demons in the other arcs before Tartaros.

He wasn't trying, yet he was fighting back? I guess I'll never understand that kind of reasoning, but it's obvious that we won't agree on this, so let's just leave it at that.
Yeah, we won't agree here...

The fact that Silver uses Ice magic is already an advantage, because Gray resists ice to some degree. I am well aware that he was granted that power-up after the fight; that's not what I meant at all.
Gray doesn't have resistance to ice attacks though... He has resistance to cold air which is different because that doesn't help him in a fight.
 
Top