Discussion - Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread | Page 698 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

• Team Spriggan 12

Votes: 41 50.0%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

Votes: 41 50.0%

• Total voters

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Metro was able to keep BSS/Gray/Gajeel/Elfman/Lucy/Lisanna/Cana/Juvia at bay. Wolven was able to do the same but with the entire guild. Those are far greater feats than beating up Jellal alone lol. Gears would have to do something really impressive to say his overall ability is capable of doing that. Beating up Jellal alone doesn't really tell me that.
I generally agree. But see, the thing is, they both were summoner types. They're good against groups. And I'd agree that Wolven is potentially the strongest seed as well, because he's Neinhart 2.0 but better (since he himself hides and just keeps summoning)

Neinhart was also holding back entire Hargeon allied forces. The reason the illusions went down for good was because fodderhart himself got rekt. Or else he can keep resummoning until Hargeon allies were out cold.
It's the same with Horde guy here, he himself is fodder but he will keep resummoning the tree grunts.
Point being, it doesn't change the standing too much IMO. They all have their areas where they shine. For example, if there was a mage who could be so fast that he could bypass tree grunts to reach Horde (like Jellal for eg), Horde would get rekt fast. Or consider mages like Mest or Minerva (but with good stats) who can teleport, then he's screwed as well. But that wouldn't be the case for probably Gears, who we expect to have good stats himself (hopefully !)

Reactions: Jko

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
This is how I see them relatively.
Laxus:
HP/Durability : 110
Physical Strength: 110
Attack power: 100
Speed : 100
Magic power : 100

Jellal:
HP/Durability : 70
Physical Strength : 50
Attack power: 120
Speed : 160
Magic power : 105

Erza:
HP/Durability : 170 (tempted to put infinity here lol)
Physical Strength : 75
Attack power: 80
Speed : 80
Magic power : 75

I see Laxus as an overall balanced mage, Jellal as the glass canon, and Erza as the tank.

Over the timeline? Erza would be lower in other stats (than HP) as we go further and further back in time. IMO she's been closing the gap gradually.

Acnologia2415

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
This is how I see them relatively.
Laxus:
HP/Durability : 110
Physical Strength: 110
Attack power: 100
Speed : 100
Magic power : 100

Jellal:
HP/Durability : 70
Physical Strength : 50
Attack power: 120
Speed : 160
Magic power : 105

Erza:
HP/Durability : 170 (tempted to put infinity here lol)
Physical Strength : 75
Attack power: 80
Speed : 80
Magic power : 75

I see Laxus as an overall balanced mage, Jellal as the glass canon, and Erza as the tank.

Over the timeline? Erza would be lower in other stats (than HP) as we go further and further back in time. IMO she's been closing the gap gradually.
For POF Erza, just put infinity for all the stats

Ronin31

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Thank you everybody. You can talk here about stats or discuss/compare their feats… Explain why you see them equal or above…. etc...
Speed: Jellal>Laxus>Erza
Agree for move speed, like speedster. Disagree for physical react. I think Erza is speeder than Laxus and Jellal in that way, as she could stroke Jellal (Paradise Tower) and Laxus (100YQ) as they couldn't even react. Moving Speed and fighting speed aren't the same : Ussain Bolt is a faster runner // Bruce Lee is a faster fighter.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
I generally agree. But see, the thing is, they both were summoner types. They're good against groups. And I'd agree that Wolven is potentially the strongest seed as well, because he's Neinhart 2.0 but better (since he himself hides and just keeps summoning)

Neinhart was also holding back entire Hargeon allied forces. The reason the illusions went down for good was because fodderhart himself got rekt. Or else he can keep resummoning until Hargeon allies were out cold.
It's the same with Horde guy here, he himself is fodder but he will keep resummoning the tree grunts.
Point being, it doesn't change the standing too much IMO. They all have their areas where they shine. For example, if there was a mage who could be so fast that he could bypass tree grunts to reach Horde (like Jellal for eg), Horde would get rekt fast. Or consider mages like Mest or Minerva (but with good stats) who can teleport, then he's screwed as well. But that wouldn't be the case for probably Gears, who we expect to have good stats himself (hopefully !)
Okay, I get more where you're coming from now.

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
Pre ts
Attack power
Jellal > erza >= laxus (gc vs blumblatt vs lightening roar)

Speed
Jellal meteor = erza soaring armor = laxus lightening body (natsu vs racer, natsu vs jellal, benefit of doubt to laxus)

Durability (took two roars together, jellal has no real feats, some erza feats)
Laxus >> erza > jellal

Endurance
Erza >>> laxus = jellal

Stamina (tenrou arc erza seems to have infinit stamia, laxus also showed awesome stamina in ff arc)
Erza (main character spotlightsproblem, so shouldnt be real) > laxus >> jellal

Gmg tatarus time
Attack power
Erza > = laxus > jellal (nakagami vs laxus secret art vs sema)

Speed
Jellal meteor = erza red pants > laxus

Durability
???

Endurance
Erza >>> laxus > jellal (koyoka, nothing much for laxus and jellal)

Stamina
Erza > laxus > jellal

Alverzec
Attack power
Laxus reiko red lightening (pof) >> erzs nakagami > =jellal gc (pissed, dark sky)

Speed
Jellal meteor (aconologia) = erza red pants (irene) > laxus lightening body (wahl)

Durability
???

Endurance
Erza > laxus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> jellal (nothing for jellal)

Stamina
???

100 year (no jellal)

Attack power
erza = laxus (blumblatt vs reiko red lightening)

Speed
erza red pants = laxus red lightening mode

Durability
Laxus > erza

Endurance
Erza = laxus

Stamina
Laxus > erza
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Pof gives different boost to different people. The more the main, the higher the pof (potential of that character)
Laxus and jellal gets small boost from pof
Erza can get huge boost from pof. Just like natsu

If erza is not using pof she is around laxus tier
With it she is considerably above
(This i think is the primary reason why erza vs jellal and erza vs laxus fights were interrupted back before the first time skip.)

Good way to judge erza mind set
Erza vs laxus first round, was the weakest mind set

Erza vs ajeel or erza vs laxus last round is normal erza going all out

Erza plus wendy vs irene. This is same erza that fought laxus and ajeel but with enchantment on top of that

Erza vs irene is pof erza. Dues sema breaker erza is extreme form of pof erza

Last edited:

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Pre ts
Laxus >> erza > jellal
I think Erza who tanked Jupiter Canon is a feat that put her on par or above Laxus tanking 2 Roars.
I put them =
100 year (no jellal)
Durability
Laxus > erza
Endurance
Erza = laxus
Stamina
Laxus > erza
As for durability, she tanked all of the Red Lightning all out powers. Laxus collapsed when Erza stroke him with helding back strength using enchanted swords, but perhaps this power dealt more damage than red lightning itself. So, for me, they are still even.

As for the stamina, Erza felt down before Laxus because of her long speech. They were out of breath together, and a marathon man who is interviewed after a run will fall before another who is not. For me, they are even in every stats in this fight.

But I really like and approuve your analysis. Your speech about PoF is clear and I like it very much as well. I have the same opinion about Erza and her incredible potential under circonstances. Great to read you….

Last edited:

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Erza who tanked Jupiter Canon is a feat that put her on par or above Laxus tanking 2 Roars.
I put them =

As for durability, she tanked all of the Red Lightning all out powers. Laxus collapsed when Erza stroke him with helding back strength using enchanted swords, but perhaps this power dealt more damage than red lightning itself. So, for me, they are still even.

As for the stamina, Erza felt down before Laxus because of her long speech. They were out of breath together, and a marathon man who is interviewed after a run will fall before another who is not. For me, they are even in every stats in this fight.

But I really like and approuve your analysis. Your speech about PoF is clear and I like it very much as well. I have the same opinion about Erza and her incredible potential under circonstances. Great to read you….
Thanks.

As for durability.i dont rank defense magic in durability stat. So erza adamantine armor is not included.
Laxus took those two roars without defense, that i rank as a durability. Erza blocked Jupiter (which mind you i rank far above the two combine roars)
I rank pre ts erza defense second strongest. I believe markarov defense was far above her s. And jura defense below her.
Laxus and jellal dont have defensive magic

For 100 year quest
I try to be as less bais as possible.
Erza was screaming alot compared to laxus, and laxus has better track record in durability than erza. That is why i giving that to laxus.

For stamina, i am just giving that to laxus for his fight against kiria

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Well she didn't tank it if she fell unconscious.
She felt unconscious but stop it.
As for durability.i dont rank defense magic in durability stat. So erza adamantine armor is not included.
Laxus took those two roars without defense, that i rank as a durability. Erza blocked Jupiter (which mind you i rank far above the two combine roars)
I rank pre ts erza defense second strongest. I believe markarov defense was far above her s. And jura defense below her.
Laxus and jellal dont have defensive magic
Ok, I understand and agree. Sorry for misunderstanding
For 100 year quest
I try to be as less bais as possible.
Erza was screaming alot compared to laxus, and laxus has better track record in durability than erza. That is why i giving that to laxus.
For stamina, i am just giving that to laxus for his fight against kiria
Ok… Agree even if I think that Erza wasn't going all strength in the first part, while Laxus was. But it is only my opinion. With full strike with enchants, perhaps Laxus will cry the same, while he was barely collapsing. But ok for Laxus > Erza this way :)
Thanks for your analysis

Well she didn't tank it if she fell unconscious.
Yes, she felt unconscious but contained all the magic power without being obliterate and save the Guild. Her defense was as strong as this attack to a draw. As she contained it until stop the magic flow while Breaking her adamantine armour, I feel that she tanked it. In the same way, she tanked a crazy amped Laxus and contained him until he couldn't continue to fight. She felt unconscious the same way but contained the massive assault of Laxus to a draw.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
She felt unconscious but stop it.

Ok, I understand and agree. Sorry for misunderstanding

Ok… Agree even if I think that Erza wasn't going all strength in the first part, while Laxus was. But it is only my opinion. With full strike with enchants, perhaps Laxus will cry the same, while he was barely collapsing. But ok for Laxus > Erza this way :)
Thanks for your analysis

Yes, she felt unconscious but contained all the magic power without being obliterate and save the Guild. Her defense was as strong as this attack to a draw. As she contained it until stop the magic flow while Breaking her adamantine armour, I feel that she tanked it. In the same way, she tanked a crazy amped Laxus and contained him until he couldn't continue to fight. She felt unconscious the same way but contained the massive assault of Laxus to a draw.
That's not tanking. Tanking is taking a hit and still being able to fight afterwards. The jupiter ko'ed her.

GL_Nova

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Heck no lmao. He is not stronger than all of them put together. His feats wouldn't even put him above Gray alone. Laxus was not solo-ing Team A. Wth? He would of had a hard time trying to beat LFD Natsu and Second Origin Erza alone let alone beating the entire group. Fighting groups of multiple power mages > fighting a single powerful mage. It's not a question that Metro's and Wolven's ability are much greater than just beating up Jellal. Gears is going to have to a feat that is much better than just beating up Jellal to be comparable to Metro and Wolven.

Jellal's only two wins in the last decade were Neinheart and OS lol. He needs some better feats than beating a single seed who has nothing to scale from but being Jellal lvl opponent lol.
Laxus soloed Raven Tail. A team of mages that came out on top against FT team A in each encounter. What you mean? Like where are you getting your scaling from? This is in the same arc where Laxus beats somebody compared to Gildarts and who we know would take Mira & Erza working together to beat him. Like why are you re-writing what happened? An a dying Laxus slapt Tempester right after he finished matching LFD Natsu, so again what do you mean? Just because someone didn’t stay relevant power wise after his defeat doesn’t erase that he was introduced as much stronger than them. Metro’s feat isn’t that impressive considering he’s a summoner. It only takes him so much mana to summon 1 of his stock ability golems. Trading blows with Jellal is worth more than any of the others mentioned in your post. An Gray is nowhere near Jellal yet.

Pre ts
Attack power
Jellal > erza >= laxus (gc vs blumblatt vs lightening roar)

Speed
Jellal meteor = erza soaring armor = laxus lightening body (natsu vs racer, natsu vs jellal, benefit of doubt to laxus)

Laxus >> erza > jellal

Endurance
Erza >>> laxus = jellal

Stamina (tenrou arc erza seems to have infinit stamia, laxus also showed awesome stamina in ff arc)
Erza (main character spotlightsproblem, so shouldnt be real) > laxus >> jellal

Gmg tatarus time
Attack power
Erza > = laxus > jellal (nakagami vs laxus secret art vs sema)

Speed
Jellal meteor = erza red pants > laxus

Durability
???

Endurance
Erza >>> laxus > jellal (koyoka, nothing much for laxus and jellal)

Stamina
Erza > laxus > jellal

Alverzec
Attack power
Laxus reiko red lightening (pof) >> erzs nakagami > =jellal gc (pissed, dark sky)

Speed
Jellal meteor (aconologia) = erza red pants (irene) > laxus lightening body (wahl)

Durability
???

Endurance
Erza > laxus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> jellal (nothing for jellal)

Stamina
???

100 year (no jellal)

Attack power
erza = laxus (blumblatt vs reiko red lightening)

Speed
erza red pants = laxus red lightening mode

Durability
Laxus > erza

Endurance
Erza = laxus

Stamina
Laxus > erza

Pof gives different boost to different people. The more the main, the higher the pof (potential of that character)
Laxus and jellal gets small boost from pof
Erza can get huge boost from pof. Just like natsu

If erza is not using pof she is around laxus tier
With it she is considerably above
(This i think is the primary reason why erza vs jellal and erza vs laxus fights were interrupted back before the first time skip.)

Good way to judge erza mind set
Erza vs laxus first round, was the weakest mind set

Erza vs ajeel or erza vs laxus last round is normal erza going all out

Erza plus wendy vs irene. This is same erza that fought laxus and ajeel but with enchantment on top of that

Erza vs irene is pof erza. Dues sema breaker erza is extreme form of pof erza
Bro, is that you really how you scale them? Like your not joking?

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Laxus soloed Raven Tail. A team of mages that came out on top against FT team A in each encounter. What you mean? Like where are you getting your scaling from? This is in the same arc where Laxus beats somebody compared to Gildarts and who we know would take Mira & Erza working together to beat him. Like why are you re-writing what happened? An a dying Laxus slapt Tempester right after he finished matching LFD Natsu, so again what do you mean? Just because someone didn’t stay relevant power wise after his defeat doesn’t erase that he was introduced as much stronger than them. Metro’s feat isn’t that impressive considering he’s a summoner. It only takes him so much mana to summon 1 of his stock ability golems. Trading blows with Jellal is worth more than any of the others mentioned in your post. An Gray is nowhere near Jellal yet.

Lol at Jellal soloing all those people.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Raven Tail had nothing on the level of Natsu or Erza lmao. Lucy would've clapped Flare had it not been for Obra's magic siphoning technique. Gray only lost bcs it was a game and not an actual battle. He beat Rufus and Lyon back to back. Jura is not comparable to both Erza and Mira at the same time. The statement was made prior to SO Erza and Mira's modest of her own power. He also is nowhere near comparable to Gildarts. Gild would have cake walked the entire the entire GMG. Gild's feats >>> Jura's feats. LFD Natsu was manhandling Tempester and only stopped due to Torfuzar's poison water getting in the way. Natsu also had no rest after his fight with Franmelth and traded blows with MG after his second consecutive fight with a 9D. So what if he's a summoner? Gears is not taking on a horde of powerful FT mages. The Golems obviously had way greater physical ability than Gears as well. Gray has better feats than Jellal as of now lol.

Jellal in Tartarus had a high diff fight with OS who are fodder to Tartarus Team Natsu. Natsu, Erza or Gray could have solo them. Raven Tail would have been solo-ed Erza or Natsu in the GMG as well. They showed nothing to say they can tank their attacks. Laxus nor Jellal are capable of beating Team A.

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lol man yes.
Maybe there might be slight mistakes but overall yes.
For me, i see alot of people like laxus alot. Thus they also give him alot of benefit of doubts
This is exactly opposite for erza.

Whether people like it or not in pre ts
Erza was portrayed as >>>> natsu
And laxus showed he is above natsu by alot

There has never been comparison between laxus and erza. Erza laxus and jellal fights have always been interrupted. What do you want me to make of this

I mean think about it
Majority of fans rank laxus so high is because his performance against hades vs erza s
Forgetting that erz had already been involved in four conflicts before that and was blown twice by tenrou power

GL_Nova

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lol at Jellal soloing all those people.
What’s one feat any of the people in his original list have to compare them to Jellal.

Raven Tail had nothing on the level of Natsu or Erza lmao. Lucy would've clapped Flare had it not been for Obra's magic siphoning technique. Gray only lost bcs it was a game and not an actual battle. He beat Rufus and Lyon back to back. Jura is not comparable to both Erza and Mira at the same time. The statement was made prior to SO Erza and Mira's modest of her own power. He also is nowhere near comparable to Gildarts. Gild would have cake walked the entire the entire GMG. Gild's feats >>> Jura's feats. LFD Natsu was manhandling Tempester and only stopped due to Torfuzar's poison water getting in the way. Natsu also had no rest after his fight with Franmelth and traded blows with MG after his second consecutive fight with a 9D. So what if he's a summoner? Gears is not taking on a horde of powerful FT mages. The Golems obviously had way greater physical ability than Gears as well. Gray has better feats than Jellal as of now lol.

Jellal in Tartarus had a high diff fight with OS who are fodder to Tartarus Team Natsu. Natsu, Erza or Gray could have solo them. Raven Tail would have been solo-ed Erza or Natsu in the GMG as well. They showed nothing to say they can tank their attacks. Laxus nor Jellal are capable of beating Team A.
Again, I’m hearing headcannon instead of facts. Raven Tail had bested them each time. Maybe Lucy wins that fight, maybe not, she and Flare were shown to be equals. An Gray was trying, he just didn’t match up well against his opponent. Which fits Ivan’s claim that he put the team together to beat FT. They were another team in the GMG comparable to Team A. An didn’t lose until Laxus took them out

You continue to claim this in direct opposition of the manga. Back it up. You continue to ignore Makarov comparing Gildarts, who he literally just saw 3 months ago, to Jura and apparently made some kind of mistake sensing his power. Even though he has better magic senses than the main cast up through the Alvarez arc. Other than the fact your downplay argument relies on ignoring stated facts, do you have anything to offer that he wasn’t as strong as stated when the claims where made? Since we know there is massive growth for the guild members before we see him again.

Manhandling? It was still a battle, and he had no issue stepping up afterwards, no lasting injuries major power loss or any other sign of this manhandling. Where did I miss it? Do you mean the 1 blitz he got in after transforming? An where are you basing the idea that Erza or Natsu could easily best that team? What gave you that idea?

This is another claim that doesn’t make sense. They literally have to struggle to beat them when they encounter them. OS has been made to grow to remain relevant the entire series. Something we see in Alvarez as well. So again, where is this downplay coming from? An yes, he struggled because their impressive as a squad. He got the job done though didn’t he.

Also, what puts Gray over Jellal? What feat, let alone feats.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Lol man yes.
Maybe there might be slight mistakes but overall yes.
For me, i see alot of people like laxus alot. Thus they also give him alot of benefit of doubts
This is exactly opposite for erza.

Whether people like it or not in pre ts
Erza was portrayed as >>>> natsu
And laxus showed he is above natsu by alot

There has never been comparison between laxus and erza. Erza laxus and jellal fights have always been interrupted. What do you want me to make of this

I mean think about it
Majority of fans rank laxus so high is because his performance against hades vs erza s
Forgetting that erz had already been involved in four conflicts before that and was blown twice by tenrou power
No, most of us rate him so high because he was introduced ragdolling 2 Natsu lvl opponents. Whereas Erza spends the whole series certain she’ll be soon surpassed by him. Coming in and putting Hades down after he slapt FT A, just brought that power comparison home.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
What’s one feat any of the people in his original list have to compare them to Jellal.
What has Jellal that says he can solo Gajeel, Gray, Juvia, Lucy, and Mira?

Laxus himself couldn't do that.

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
No, most of us rate him so high because he was introduced ragdolling 2 Natsu lvl opponents. Whereas Erza spends the whole series certain she’ll be soon surpassed by him. Coming in and putting Hades down after he slapt FT A, just brought that power comparison home.
Not everyone use tye same thing as you. Some use only his hades performance, some use mystogan hax.
natsu was tiers below erza. Very silly comparison indeed. Have you have ever seen two natsu lvl opponent fight erza. Then why such comparison. Have you seen jellal handle two natsu level opponents, what about gildarts?

Yes, erza is the biggest wanker of natsu. In phantom arc she thought natsu surpassed her, and in ff arc she thought natsu could handle laxus. It doesnt mean much.

Laxus lasted like five seconds against hades, mostly because he was wailing on him. The moment hades fought, laxus fell.

May i ask how would you compare laxus speed to erza speed pre ts?