Chapter - Fairy Tail Spin-offs | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Discuss Fairy Tails spin off Mangas here and follow the adventures of the female Fairy Tail members, Wendy's journey and that of a young Gray as well as the founding of Fairy Tail!

Ongoing Spin-offs include:
Tale of Fairy Ice Trail, Blue Mistral, Fairy Girls and Fairy Tail Gaiden: Kengami no Souryuu

Last edited by a moderator:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Fairy Tail Zero & Ice Trail

Sorry if it's the wrong place, but here some pics from Monthly FT (Fairy Tail 0 & Ice Trail) :

Credits to E. May

Antxon Kolokon said:
What about that Magazine FT Zero? When is it supposed to air?
1st issue should be officially released on July 17th.

Kokuryuu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina

Rarhyx

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Re: FT Specials (Most recent: 3/29/14 - Natsu and Asuka)

Now we know why laxus looks so good xD
not really surprised btw

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe

Nice pictures and cool video for the introduction.

Gray looked so good, even when he was little. :)

narutostrength

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Paraguay

Wow, in this video at 0:29 the identity of this guy is revealed.
Makarov's father!
i'm actually surprised, but yeah Laxus at least looks a lot like him

milek

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Re: FT Specials (Most recent: 7/17/14 - Fairy Tail Zero / Ice Trail)

Chapter is out on mangastream.

Third one is Makarov dad. Nice chapter. Strange thing we got 3 chapters of Fairy Tail in one day.

narutostrength

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Paraguay

wow, mavis looks so young, i wonder if she has that appearance because she died at a young age?

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas

So the final member of the founding four was Makarov's father. It was pretty exciting to see the first steps to FT's founding while getting a glimpse of some of Fiore's history.

KingOfNight

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

The second one is also out at MS.

Honestly, didn't think Mavis' chapter was tat interesting. It felt "meh" to me. The last few Pages with Precht group was kinda nice though.

Ice Trail was amazing though. I don't know what's with the different art(anyone knows what's the deal with that?), but I actually liked it. It looked Soul Eater-ish. And Gray's stories are always nice. Easily one of the most well developed characters in my opinion.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

So Mavis is indeed human....I wonder how did she grow those wings on her head then and why she became a ghost-like existence.
Anyway it wasn't a bad first chapter for FT Zero and I really felt sorry for Mavis, considering what happened to her family and herself....
The best part was obviously the appearance of the three FT's founders and it was nice to finally know Makarov's father. :D
Also Ice Trail wasn't bad.
Looking forward to reading the next chapters. :D

Last edited:

wooticus

Reaction score
Country
Germany

I wonder if we'll get to know about Lumen Histoire in Fairy Tail Zero about the same time we get it in Fairy Tail. The idea of having it explained in a spin off manga instead of a flashback is really interesting. Imho it has something to do with those fairies Mavis looked for (Maybe she became one?).

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Re: FT Specials (Most recent: 7/17/14 - Fairy Tail Zero / Ice Trail) - Fairy Tail Zero

This special series is very heart-warming, as well as heart-broken. It has unfolded the life story of Fairy Tail's very first master, Mavis.

Mavis was a sweet girl when she was little and the chibi-look with big head and small body made her looked cute. Her eyes seemed to sparkle with enthusiasm as she dwelled upon a book, titled Fairy Quest. I believe that was probably the start of her journey in becoming the Fairy that she had always wished for.

The poor girl seemed to be living in an environment that was completely without parental love for her though the master of the guild pampered his own daughter to the extent of spoiling her. What kind of parenting is that? It was a horrible sight to witness a child who has fallen upon such cruelty at a young age. Despite living in a bad condition of torment and constant abuse, the child remained grateful for the little that had been given and provided. She was indeed a child with a strong spirit. :)

The fights among guilds were also an unpleasant sight and Mavis was matured enough to know how to protect herself and the people whom she cared for even though the latter were the ones who had tortured her the most.

When the master's daughter, Zeira refused to leave the guild premises despite being in danger was due to an uncalled for excuse, in that she was unable to depart from her possession (pretty clothings), I almost burst out of laughter. A little surprise from young Mavis to have a good insight of life that the memories of her loved ones and hopefulness had become the strength and meaning of living. Hardship sometimes mould a person's spirit, doesn't it?

Mavis' first friend died. This was probably the first time she cried, a lot, a lot. After her guild and town were destroyed, she became the sole survivor of the warfare. Quite a devastating sight!

Finally we know what had happened to Tenrou Island. The few characters who had appeared seemed to set the scene for future happening. Makarov's father, Yuriy, was unexpectedly good-looking and tall, while Precht looked much the same as the older version except for the age.

Looks like there are many more histories to be told. A great start of a special. :)

Rarhyx

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

The second one is also out at MS.

Honestly, didn't think Mavis' chapter was tat interesting. It felt "meh" to me. The last few Pages with Precht group was kinda nice though.

Ice Trail was amazing though. I don't know what's with the different art(anyone knows what's the deal with that?), but I actually liked it. It looked Soul Eater-ish. And Gray's stories are always nice. Easily one of the most well developed characters in my opinion.
cause amshima din't draw it

read the bottom corner:
http://readms.com/r/fairy_tail_ice_trail/001/2461/1?t=2&f=0&e=0

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Re: FT Specials (Most recent: 7/17/14 - Fairy Tail Zero / Ice Trail) - Ice Trail

It is so interesting to read Fairy Tail with an artwork from a different artist other than Mashima-sensei himself. Shirato's drawing is pretty nice, I wonder if he is Mashima's student or one of his assistants. I really like his work. The very first cover page has already impressed me. I hope this new author will have his own manga soon. He surely has the potential. Who knows he may be the next generation of the "Top-three"? :hee

Gray's story has a good start with snowy mountains. Those animals were nicely drawn, looked very natural. Similarly to Fairy Tail Zero, Gray has a chibi look which made him stood out and his half nakedness seemed to always create some embarrassment somehow. :D Even the adults also have to emphasise it? It was quite funny that Gray fainted while trying to cast magic. i guess his energy was totally depleted. Gray's resolve might have propelled him to become stronger.

The guild, Chrono Sound, sounded interesting. That little girl that Gray had encountered looked like a sweet girl. Gray's making of the Ice Flower looked so attractive. Nano Leaf was an unusual name. In fact, the funniest looking guy was Nez Booms. Hmmm.. we have a creative artist here. :) Even magic skills were amazingly good.

The final page was probably the most interesting part of the entire chapter. Ur and Gray's relationship was also revealed.

What an intense ending! Makes you wanna punch the runt's head. hahaha! :)

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

So... no releases of the omakes this week? I thought we were getting them every week until they were done.

MechR

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

So... no releases of the omakes this week? I thought we were getting them every week until they were done.
Do you mean the FT Zero and Ice Trail spinoffs? I think those are monthly.

Krono

Reaction score
Country
United States

Fairy Tail Zero, and Tale of Fairy Tail - Ice Trail aren't omakes, and they aren't weekly. They're monthly spinoff series running in "Fairy Tail Magazine", which is basically the release of the new anime DVDs with an 80 page magazine of extras. So you can likely expect a at least a year of monthly chapters for each of them based on available information.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe

I thought it wouldn't be published so soon like a weekly issue. A monthly or quarterly issue seems more reasonable. :)