Game Fan League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Me against Fayte :facepalm
I posted mine as S3, D2, S2, D1, S1

So how does this game work?

EDIT: I apologize to Sherlock, whom I kept sending the wrong list to -.-
 
Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
So far, Hinata fan, Fayte and Bowser have sent me their lineups.

Ravsieg is the only one who has yet to send his lineup.

And don't worry Bowser, it happens.
 

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sherlock you can start posting whoever is ready?
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Okay, first match posted.

Atobe, you sent me your lineup, lol. You are supposed to send it to fayte since I'm up against you this round and I would have an unfair advantage if I knew your lineup.

Fayte vs Bowser

Singles 3:

Sanada [30] vs Sengoku [15]= Winner: Fayte

Doubles 2:

(D2) Akutsu/Rin [40] vs Shiraishi + Krauser[44.5]= Winner: Bowser

Singles 2:

(S3) Jiro [13.5] vs Tezuka [27]= Winner:Bowser

Doubles 1:

(D1) Tachibana/Zaizen [41] vs Hiyoshi + Renji[43]= Winner: Bowser

Singles 1:

(S1) Kikumaru [12] vs Tanishi [6.5] = Winner: Fayte

Final score: 3-2 Bowser.

Winner: Bowser.


EDIT-OOPS XP
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
:woot

Tactics succeeded!
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
By the way guys, characters will start to get their bonus for winning matches in the manga beginning next round. The results came in after people had already sent their lineups in, so I thought it would be unfair for people to get bonuses from it.

Anyway, those are the future numbers(Will not apply until Day 2 starts)

Chitose = From 23.5 to 23.75. (23.5 originally, minus 23 points off Kintarou, divided by two)

Tachibana=I would like to point out that this will make Tachibana ridiculously broken.
When a character defeats another in the manga, they get some points added. The formula is D(LW)/2

...Or "difference of points between the winner and the loser divided by two"
But I didn't think of that when I wrote that rule.
Screw it, it will make the league funnier.

Tachibana goes from 24 to 35. Tachibana(24)-Kadowaki(2)/2=11. 24+11=35.

Jirou=Uh...We don't have Kabaji on the list. Just noticed that. So let's just award jiro 3 points. From 13.5 to 16.5

Chinen=From 10.5 to 12.5

Amane goes from 9 to 9.25.

Rin goes from 18 to...What? We don't have his opponent on the list? 3 points then. Rin goes from 18 to 21.

Sengoku goes from 15 to 15.5.

Bunta goes from 19 to 23.5.

I didn't include Echizen vs Kazuya and Kintarou vs Oni because the outcome hasn't been confirmed.

All those changes will only start to count in round two. For the 2 matches left, it won't matter at all.
 
Last edited:

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I had a feeling Bowser would try to win doubles but I went with the gamble anyway, and failed.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I had a feeling Bowser would try to win doubles but I went with the gamble anyway, and failed.
If it's any consolation, I pity whoever faces you on round 2.
Tachibana is a beast now. He can top Tezuka lol
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Tachibana goes from 24 to 35. Tachibana(24)-Kadowaki(2)/2=11. 24+11=35.
Wait what the hell, how did that happen? I mean Tachibana beats one of the weakest players in the 50 middle schoolers and shoots up because of a huge difference between them in skill!? I could see if its vice versa, but this is Tachibana...he was never gonna lose right o_O?
 
Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Wait what the hell, how did that happen? I mean Tachibana beats one of the weakest players in the 50 middle schoolers and shoots up because of a huge difference between them in skill!? I could see if its vice versa, but this is Tachibana...he was never gonna lose right o_O?
Precisely. I originally worded to rule like that(difference between winner and loser) so that a winner that won a close match could still get some points.

...I just realized now with the Tachibana vs Kadowaki that this makes very broken characters.

But then I figured, hey what the hell. It's funnier this way. We can end up seeing Ootori as the ultimate character in the league like that. Or something completely random.

If you guys all think it's too dumb though, I'll reword the rule to make it less weird. I'm not a dictator.

One more thing guys, I was thinking, as characters start to appear in the manga, we can put them on the list. And people can "return" characters that they have to the list to recover the amount of points they spent on them(or if those characters have grown since the player has bought them, make a profit lol) and buy a new one.

What do you guys think?
 

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sherlock vs Atobe the king

Singles 3:

Kadowaki [2] vs Atobe [26] = Winner: Atobe the king

Doubles 2:

Niou/Momo [38] vs Yuuta/Shinji [16.5] = Winner: Sherlock

Singles 2:

Kenya [14.5] vs Yukimura [35] = Winner: Atobe the king

Doubles 1:

Ootori/Mizuki [17.5] vs Richard/Saeki [7]= Winner: Sherlock

Singles 1:

Kazuya [60] vs Echizen [40] = Winner: Sherlock

Final score: 3-2

Winner: Sherlock Holmes

Precisely. I originally worded to rule like that(difference between winner and loser) so that a winner that won a close match could still get some points.

...I just realized now with the Tachibana vs Kadowaki that this makes very broken characters.

But then I figured, hey what the hell. It's funnier this way. We can end up seeing Ootori as the ultimate character in the league like that. Or something completely random.
You could make it so you only increase if you actually get matched up with the person. For instance, if I happen to pick Tachibana and you happen to pick Kadowaki both for singles 3 or w/e
 
Last edited:

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
2,513
Reaction score
325
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I was so close lol..but Kazuya was more hax than Koshimae lol.

Need to rethink my doubles strategy.
 

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Dude this sucks. Tachibana broken? Kazuya just went up 10 points lol. You just had to put Echizen in singles 1 didn't you Atobe.
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
You could make it so you only increase if you actually get matched up with the person. For instance, if I happen to pick Tachibana and you happen to pick Kadowaki both for singles 3 or w/e
I think originally wouldve been better - if a stronger beats a weaker one, then the stronger would get less points, but if someone like Kadowaki beats Tachibana, Kadowaki would get more? Would that sound more logical? But with Fayte method, it could still sound fun and it will be less rare, making it easier for Sherlock to calculate :)
 
Last edited:

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
2,513
Reaction score
325
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Dude this sucks. Tachibana broken? Kazuya just went up 10 points lol. You just had to put Echizen in singles 1 didn't you Atobe.
I accidentally sent him my lineup...so i think he had an idea what to expect lol.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I accidentally sent him my lineup...so i think he had an idea what to expect lol.
Nah, I sent mine to Fayte a few days ago. I remember even naming Kadowaki as "HOLY WARRIOR KADOWAKI" in my pm. I just figured that you would try to win all singles since your other players aren't that good, so I gave up both singles and focused on doubles.

As for the final rule of how many points each character should go up...Eh, keep discussing guys. I am going to be away for around 8/9 days now. BRAZIL, HERE I COME. WOOHOO!

Uh anyway, keep brainstorming and see what solution most people agree with, and we'll settle with that rule.
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I know it sounds a bit original but how about, if in the manga one person beats another person, they go up depending on how large the diffference, eg.

Difference----------+
0-5---------------12
6-10--------------10
11-15--------------8
16-20--------------6
21-25------------- 4
26+--------------- 2

And if one with lower points beat a higher point, the average thingy sounds good enough to me. Half difference between two players, added to the one with a lower score?
 

Ravsieg

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
325
Reaction score
2
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
My apologies, I don't have any internet connection on my college dorm so this had to be delayed till the weekend.

I'm sending my lineup now.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
No problem Rav. It happens.
Well, I'm back from my little trip.

S3) Oni(50) vs Kamio(15.5)= Oni. Winner: Hinata Fan
D2) Gin+Kaidoh(20.5+16.5) vs Kirihara+Oshitari(23+18.5)=KiOs. Winner: Ravsieg
S2) Chinen(10.5) vs Fuji(25)=Fuji. Winner: Ravsieg
D1)Jackal(10)+Shishido(7.5) vs Kintaro(23)+Kite(21.5)=KiKi.Winner: Ravsieg.
S1)Amane(10) vs...Amane? What? Both have Amane? GLITCH.
Uh we'll have to fix this until next round. Winner: Tie due to glitch.

Winner: Ravsieg. 3-1(May change to 3-2 or 4-1 after we fix the problem with both of them having amane)

By the way, I find it hilarious that not only both of them have amane but they both managed to put them in the exact same spot XD.

_________________________________________

This is how the league stands after the first day!

1)Ravsieg(3 points, +2 games)
2)Bowser, Sherlock Holmes.(3 points, +1 game)
3)Jyten(3 points, 0 games)
4)Fayte, Atobe The King(0 points, -1 games)
5)Hinata Fan(0 points, -2 games
6)
7)
___________________________________________

As for the whole how many points a character should get after beating someone...Well, I'll make a system that's somewhat like Bowser's suggestion but a little more simple.

If a character beats someone 16 or less points behind him(say a 36 character beats a 20)
The formula (difference/2) still applies. If not, the character will simply get +8 points in his stat(which is the most a character can get, unless it's an extremely weak character winning)

That way it will both limit the amount of points a character can get, and still have some fun with seeing some slightly but not much overpowered characters.

Ravsieg just pointed out a mistake that I honestly should have seen coming. Bellow are the rules we have so far, but we might change/add some. Fayte don't add them to the list yet.

So, summarizing:
Rule N1)Characters get the amount of points the formula gives them.
Rule N2)Characters get 8 points because they are waaaaay stronger(more than 16 points of difference) than the characters they beat.
Rule N3)Characters get 3 points because their opponents are not on our list. If those characters get added to our list later, then they will have their amount of points recalculated.
Rule

changes on next page

After those changes are done in the list, I'll sort out who fights who in round 2.
 
Last edited:

Ravsieg

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
325
Reaction score
2
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Hell yeah. Bombing S3 paid off!

As for Amane, here's what happened. I picked him, but Fayte forgot to cross him out. I noticed it, but I didn't mind it then because I'd never guess he'd be picked afterwards. So then Hinata Fan thought he was available and picked him.

As for your system, I don't really quite get it... wouldn't it be more fair if players got more points for beating someone actually close to them, than getting highly rewarded for bashing some noob?
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top