Game Fan League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
That's okay with me, I just thought the other version would allow many pairings to get a slight bonus, such as Inui-Kaidoh, Fuji-Kawamura etc.
Also, if it's just a matter of making the list, I don't mind doing it.



Haha, that was a close call. You know, I actually hoped I could beat Fayte by winning all three singles.
I must've been insane.
You were VERY close. If Fayte had gone with Abare Dama instead of Wild Lion...

Well, now it's between you and me eh?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
You were VERY close. If Fayte had gone with Abare Dama instead of Wild Lion...

Well, now it's between you and me eh?
I sned the line-up I had hoped to go up against alongside my own, so you know it did not really turn out as I wanted (except Krauser vs Kabaji, hurray)

I'm looking forward to the match. (and now I'm afraid you really mind rape me and use Mizuji).
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I've played VS Jyten before, you should change that.
Very bad luck in D2!. I was thinking in Shinji, not Amane, when I did the line-up.
Well, I had in my mind you could have put Ryoma in doubles, but I considered it not too fair, 'cause in PoP he sucks :p
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sorry guys...I tend to do other stuff on the weekends then check forum posts...

So, I'll send my lineup after I figure out what new effects and silliness got changed. Should have it sometime today.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Lucky bastard. I had to spend the whole weekend pretenidng to be asleep to avoid seeing New Moon with my friend. Seriously, I had to hide my laptop every time she came into the room.

...Yeah.
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Lucky bastard. I had to spend the whole weekend pretenidng to be asleep to avoid seeing New Moon with my friend. Seriously, I had to hide my laptop every time she came into the room.

...Yeah.
Needs to find a way to get out of seeing that movie to.

Also, I think I have all the base data inputted. Now just to apply some statistics and black magic...
 
Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Sherlock, there's no way you will guess my line-up as...
I used a random number generator to create it.
Now everything depends on luck.
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sent my line up. It'll be either close or I'll get stomped. Bah, having one of the Big 4 is rough. All my matches against non-Big 4 degrade into this type of match. Either its close when I win or I get completely crushed.
 

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
2,513
Reaction score
325
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Round 5 Chaos VS Sherlock

Singles 3
Niou (21) Sherlock Holmes
-Puri[Feat]: Niou is boosted 3 points and Effects do not work against him. (singles only)

Not activating Trickster.

VS

Kikumaru(12)

Niou Crushes Kikumaru 6-1 by pretending to be a competent Oishi
First Set Sherlock Homes

Doubles 2
D2:
Taka(15+3+5)+Mizuki(20+2.5+1)=46.5-2-5-1=38.5

Taka (15) Sherlock
-Power[Feat]: User gets boosted 3 points.
-Hadoukyuu[Effect]: User gets boosted 10 points in singles, 5 points in doubles.
Mizuki (20)
-Observation[Feat]: If Mizuki plays a member of Seigaku, he is boosted 12 points.
-Data Tennis[Feat]: Mizuki gets boosted 2.5 points.
-Prediction Master[Effect]: Mizuki's player must predict his opponent's lineup. He must guess whether the character is playing doubles or singles, and in which position he is playing.
For every 100% correct guess(both position and whether the character is playing singles or doubles) Mizuki gets boosted 2 points. For every 50% correct guess(guessing whether the player is playing doubles or singles, but not his exact position) Mizuki gets boosted 1 point.

Mizuki's Prediction:

Itsuki: Playing Singles 3
Kevin: Playing Singles 2
Kazuya: Playing Singles 1
Ootori: Playing Doubles 1
Shishido: Playing Doubles 1
Kikumaru: Playing Doubles 2
Oishi: Playing Doubles 2

Mizuki got pwned and only predicted Oishi playing doubles

VS

D2 Kevin (30) (with Illusion) + Itsuki (14)(with Sinker) = 44
-Illusion[Effect]: Kevin gets boosted 2 points, and his opponent drops 2 points.
-Sinker[Effect]: Nullifies the opponents special effects. (doubles only)

Mizuki was trolled by Itsuki who nullified their effects and dropped their total to 38.5

Winner Kevin/Itsuki 6-3
Second Set Chaos

Singles 2
S2:
Momoshiro (16+3) Sherlock Holmes
-Power[Feat]: User gets boosted 3 points.
-Insight[Feat]: If the opponent is within 3 levels, they drop 3 points and all status effects are canceled.
-Dunk Smash[Effect]: Opponent drops 3 points.

Ootori (12+3=15-3=12-3=9) Chaos
-Scud Serve[Feat]: Ootori gets boosted 3 points.

Sorry Ootori...stick to doubles
Momo Wins 6-1
Third Set Sherlock

Doubles 1
D1:Wakato(23+x)+Kenya(15+5+5)=(48+1-5=44

Wakato (23) Sherlock
-Change Over![Feat]: Copies the special effect of any player he chooses.
[Copying Mizuki's Prediction.]

Kenya (15) Sherlock
-Supersonic[Feat]: When playing doubles, Kenya increases by 5 points.
-The Jet[Feat]: Kenya gets boosted by 5 points

Wakato's prediction:
Same as Mizuki's.

D1 Kazuya (60) (with Intimidation) + Oishi+5+2=17=77
-Intimidation[Effect]: If the opponent is at a higher level, they go down 10 points. (both singles and doubles)
-Hyped up[Feat]: If the opponent has never seen Kazuya play, they drop 5 points.
-Oishi Territory[Feat]: When playing doubles, Oishi gets raised 5 points.
-Moon Volley[Effect]: In doubles, Oishi's team gets raised 2 points.

Sherlock has been Trolled again
Kazuya Oishi pair win 6-0
Fourth Set Chaos

Singles 1
S1:Krauser (23)
-Crucify[Effect]: If the opponent is within 3 levels, Krauser wins. (singles only)

S1 Shishido 8+7=15+5=20
Diligence[Feat]: Shishido gets boosted 7 points
-Rising Counter[Effect]: If opponent uses an effect, Shishido negates it and gets boosted 5 points.(Singles only)

Holy shit..Sherlock dodged a bullet...had Shishido's core stats been a tad higher...
Anyway Krauser wins 7-6
Fifth set Sherlock

Wow..Sherlock won but he was the loser (inside joke hehe) Narrow victory for Sherlock 3-2

Guys..in the future..I think it'd help me, fayte and sherlock out if you would add up the numbers from feats effects etc...so we don't have to keep going back and forth between tabs
 
Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I can't believe he didn't activate Trickster.
I was counting on him putting Niou in Singles with activated Trickster and winning the two doubles.
I predicted everything right besides this. Bad luck I guess.

Anyway to clear things up, I didn't really use a random number generator.
 

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
2,513
Reaction score
325
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Lol he thought he read your line up but turned out to be the reverse.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It didn't help me in the end. (nevertheless it was kinda satisfying)

I noticed I lost all my matches 2-3 in the end. I should stop that habit.
 

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
2,513
Reaction score
325
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The funny thing is that he thought he would win both doubles and a singles..in the end YOU won both doubles and Shishido came close to besting krauser...tight tight match.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The funny thing is that he thought he would win both doubles and a singles..in the end YOU won both doubles and Shishido came close to besting krauser...tight tight match.
Haha, yeah it really was.
My best possible outcome was to put Shishido vs Taka, and him activating that damn Trickster (you sure he didn't?).

Anyway, I made some proposals to Sherlock in order to make a new system for doubles bonuses, wanna see?
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I can't believe he didn't activate Trickster.
I was counting on him putting Niou in Singles with activated Trickster and winning the two doubles.
I predicted everything right besides this. Bad luck I guess.
Haha...Predicted? Really?

I admit I thought you were going to try use the two pairs in doubles, but...
I figured out what you were doing, or at least suspected it, when you said you used a random number generator.

That's when it occured to me that I figured you would count on Niou using Trickster, and decided to change my plans.

So I pmed Chaos...and made sure he thought I was going to use trickster.

Haha, indeed. Now I see how scary Kazuya is...I hope I can Niou'd him.
I'm nervous as hell hoping Niou beat Kazuya.
(Both messages from me)

Instead of trying to avoid your plan, I went full scale mind rape and made sure you thought I would Trickster you. I made sure you thought you had a good chance at winning a singles because I would use Trickster.

 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Haha...Predicted? Really?

I admit I thought you were going to try use the two pairs in doubles, but...
I figured out what you were doing, or at least suspected it, when you said you used a random number generator.

That's when it occured to me that I figured you would count on Niou using Trickster, and decided to change my plans.

So I pmed Chaos...and made sure he thought I was going to use trickster.

(Both messages from me)

Instead of trying to avoid your plan, I went full scale mind rape and made sure you thought I would Trickster you. I made sure you thought you had a good chance at winning a singles because I would use Trickster.
Dang, that's just mean. He trades you most of his team and then you mind rape him.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Haha...Predicted? Really?

I admit I thought you were going to try use the two pairs in doubles, but...
I figured out what you were doing, or at least suspected it, when you said you used a random number generator.

That's when it occured to me that I figured you would count on Niou using Trickster, and decided to change my plans.

So I pmed Chaos...and made sure he thought I was going to use trickster.

Instead of trying to avoid your plan, I went full scale mind rape and made sure you thought I would Trickster you. I made sure you thought you had a good chance at winning a singles because I would use Trickster.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????????

I'm getting rather pissed at this but somehow it was still pretty funny.

So basically I assumed you would try to mind rape me, wanted to use an unpredictable line-up and the rng to mind rape you, only to get mind raped on my own? Shit.

Honestly, if I hadn't put up the thing with the rng, would you have fallen for the trick?

Btw I really used rng to determine the positions of my singles as I had no cue where to put them.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
The funny thing is that he thought he would win both doubles and a singles..in the end YOU won both doubles and Shishido came close to besting krauser...tight tight match.
Actually, given Krauser's new feats, I'd have won anyway lol.

Fayte's final decision was to approve Krauser, and deny Kenya.
Fair enough to me. Atobe The King Edit it, Kabaji!
*Snaps finger*
...Feats someone forgot to add to the list! Damn it Kabaji, what did I say about not editing stuff when I snap my fingers?


Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????????

I'm getting rather pissed at this but somehow it was still pretty funny.

So basically I assumed you would try to mind rape me, wanted to use an unpredictable line-up and the rng to mind rape you, only to get mind raped on my own? Shit.

Honestly, if I hadn't put up the thing with the rng, would you have fallen for the trick?

Btw I really used rng to determine the positions of my singles as I had no cue where to put them.
Yes, that's pretty much it. You assumed I would try to mind rape you, and went the opposite direction to win. So I decided to counter-mind rape you and make you misread me, by thinking I would activate trickster, haha.

So I began pming you and talking about how I would Niou'd Kazuya to win, and gave you the impression that using 3 weak singles players was a sure win.

I don't know. It's possible that I would. I originally sent my lineup to Atobe without even considering your trick. But then after I figured it out, I didn't even bother changing it. I just went full scale mind rape attack on you haha.

I had a fairly good guess of what you were trying to do before you posted the random generator thing(check the date of the pms and compare it to the time you posted the random things) but the random generator made me sure.


Dang, that's just mean. He trades you most of his team and then you mind rape him.
Hey, in my defense, he tried to mind rape me first!

[lies. I tried to mind rape him, he countered it, and I countered his counter.]

...Uh what I mean is...It was a fair fight. I barely won.
 
Last edited:

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
2,513
Reaction score
325
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You called me Kabaji...no way in the hell i'm responding to that..i saw your message before class and said..."the fuck? kabaji? yea...no"

You call me Atobe..or Keigo if you prefer..and maybe just maybe i'll adhere to your request.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
You called me Kabaji...no way in the hell i'm responding to that..i saw your message before class and said..."the fuck? kabaji? yea...no"

You call me Atobe..or Keigo if you prefer..and maybe just maybe i'll adhere to your request.
...Sigh. Fine, fine. Let's put it this way:
You edit it now, or I mind rape you into editing it later haha.

Right, Mr.Atobe-The-King, will your magnificent self edit the list?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top